The Day

Scent of a Flower

Ji Hyo requested for the song “Scent of a Flower”, so they played a video of Ji Hyo singing that song in their fan meetings, but what made the song much sadder was Jong Kook’s recording. When he sent a message to Kwang Soo right before he committed suicide, he told them to play the song when Ji Hyo walks down the aisle. Jong Kook must have known that Ji Hyo will die the next day after his suicide. The men couldn’t hide their tears as they started to listen.

It’s “Scent of a Flower” – one of the OSTs of Ji Hyo’s drama called “Emergency Couple”. The men wonder why Jong Kook’s singing is getting into them lately. They tried to kid around, but they all know that it’s useless. They have regretted how they never paid attention to Jong Kook’s way of singing and how they were not that vocal to Ji Hyo on how they find her lovable. When Jong Kook’s voice can now be heard, everyone looks at the video being presented. They forced a smile on how ironic the situation is right now.

They listened to him, “Where is the fragrance of flowers coming from? There are no flowers here except you. I feel so good. My mind is at peace. Continuously gaze at me the way you did. Like this, I want to see your smiling image. Although I still can’t smile even once, please teach me, I want to learn. You can’t understand the way to love according to a book, please help me because you are the very person. If I am to understand love, I need you.” The men wondered when their eyes will stop crying, and when their hearts will stop breaking.

Millions of fans were crying especially when Ji Hyo’s mother read the late actress’ note during the eulogy. She said her daughter recently went to China, and there she heard a beautiful song. She knows it because Ji Hyo has informed her that through a letter. “Mom, when I heard the song, it struck my heart. I thought of it million times, and when I’m gone, I wish you could play that song for me after you play the song “Scent of a Flower”. You see mom, Jong Kook oppa once told me that I’m like a flower, I guess that’s why I got so addicted to those songs.” Ji Hyo's mother's voice cracked after reading the said letter.

One Person, One Flower

To love a flower is to love its fragrance

To love a flower is to love its stubbornness

To love a flower is to love its gesture

It lights up even in the darkest night

To love a person is to love that person’s hometown

To love a person is to love that person’s eyes

To love a person is to love that person’s flaws

Afar, he’s just a distant flower

To love a flower is to stay by its side

Until it can no longer bloom

To love a person is to accompany that person

From friendship to relationship

Everyone is like a flower

It blooms and it withers

Please stay next and grab onto

While it is still beautiful

Loved a person, together, she went and wandered with him

Loved a flower, together, she grew old with him

Each and everyone is like a flower

It falls from the sky to the ground

The song was played in the background, and from there, silence ensued the place. They felt like Jong Kook and Ji Hyo just talked to each other using those songs, so only their wet eyes keep on moving. The live telecast of the unusual wedding of Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo is over, and their burial has also ended. The casts looked up to the sky as they gave Jong Kook and Ji Hyo a smile. When they were about to leave, the sky started to cry. So for the last time, the Running Man members cried while trying to cover their tears in the rain as they started to sing sadly, “I’m singing in the rain… I’m singing in the rain…”

-The End-

A loud round of applause was given to the Running Man members upon finishing the script-reading. The Running Man members were cringing when they read the lines that they will say, and they were even more embarrassed with the characters they will be portraying. “What is this?” asked Jae Suk, who can’t believe the story. Jae Suk looked at Jong Kook and kidded, “Can you imagine Kim Jong Kook acting like that? Ha! Ha! Ha!” Jong Kook looked at him with a smile on his face as he whined in agreement, “That’s what I’m saying.”

The Running Man team was actually asked by the CEO of SBS to come up with a drama special. Since it is 2016, they would like to offer something new for its fans. It will only be for an hour and a half, so the writer came up with that idea. “You know the other network’s drama specials, right? They are mostly heavy, and so we have decided to come up with that kind of idea, too.” said its PD. “But it’s so cheesy, and it’s so sad.” commented Suk Jin which made the PD smiled and said, “That’s exactly the point. Now you guys just have to be blind with your characters.”

“I know it might be difficult for all of you since we won’t do a variety show for this week. But it’s just a drama for this week. Don’t worry.” affirmed Myuk PD. Jae Suk, Ha Ha, and Kwang Soo laughed at the same time. “What’s funny?” blank Gary asked. “I think it’s time for us to show our talent when it comes to acting.” answered Ha Ha. “But can’t we have more lines? I only noticed Jong Kook hyung and Ji Hyo every episode.” complained Ha Ha which made them laugh. “You really have that I-should-be-the-lead syndrome.” said Myuk PD in a joking manner.

“Can’t we change the ending? I feel like it’s too heavy.” commented Suk Jin. The rest of the casts shook their heads when they heard his suggestion. “Hyung, it’s actually the most important part. That’s where the story would have an impact.” Said Jae Suk as he added, “I think you aren’t really a veteran when it comes to acting.” Suk Jin coolly accepted Jae Suk’s comment as he replied, “Look who’s talking?” The main leads Jong Kook and Ji Hyo can only laugh with the silly antics of the rest of the casts. “Do you think you can do it, oppa?” asked Ji Hyo.

Jong Kook winked at her as a reply without knowing that the rest of the men were actually looking at them. Their reactions made the couple shy, but Jong Kook decided to just ignore it as he told the members, “Make sure you guys won’t have bloopers. Otherwise, Ji Hyo will be tired of it.” Ji Hyo’s face turned red when she heard what Jong Kook said. “Why don’t you just act as yourselves in that drama and let the whole world know that you two are indeed dating?” asked Kwang Soo. When Jong Kook looked at Kwang Soo, the latter apologized right away.

The script-reading is finally over, and everyone can now go home. Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, who have their relationship still hidden in shadows, bid goodbye to the rest of the members because they want to eat dinner together. The members teased them and asked them to be careful since paparazzi might be everywhere, so they thanked them for their concern. When they were left alone, Jong Kook asked Ji Hyo, “It must have been a pretty long tiring day for you.” Ji Hyo smiled at him pretilly as she answered, “At least I can be with you.”

Between the two, Ji Hyo is much more open. Jong Kook smiled at how understanding and loving Ji Hyo is, so he openly hugged her in public, which made the actress startled. Ji Hyo looked at him asking whether he knows what he has done, so he smiled again as he said, “I’m thankful of that drama script. Because from there I realized that like my character in that fictional work, I won’t be able to take it without you. So if you’ll allow me, can I reveal to the public that you and I are dating?” Ji Hyo smiled as she nodded happily to answer his question while excitedly saying, “Of course.”