The History

Scent of a Flower

Song Ji Hyo couldn’t help but shed a tear when she heard Jong Kook’s confession. She has waited for such a day like this to come, and now that it has happened, it seemed so surreal.

“You must be very happy now.” said Lee Kwang Soo, who was with her when Jong Kook aired his thoughts about her.

Before she can even react, Kwang Soo excused himself to answer a phone call.

Her tears rolled down her face when she remembered how she got to know the famous Kim Jong Kook.

20 years ago.

She’s sitting on beach sand in Pohang. It has been her hobby to listen to the waves of the beach. She was about to take a nap, but she was bothered by a sudden yell from someone. She was intrigued with the owner of the voice, so she tried to take a glimpse.

Upon checking, she was amazed with the stranger’s looks. She knows that that stranger isn’t the best looking man in South Korea, but she was impressed on how he stands. She noticed that the guy is a bit worried, so she took the moment to talk with the man.

“What are you worried about?” she grabbed his wrist and asked without hesitation.

She noticed that the guy was startled to see her appear from somewhere, but she welcomed his astonishment with a smile.

“Are you new here?” she asked again when the guy didn’t answer her.

The guy looked at her from head to toe. She was still smiling, but was taken aback when the guy chose to ignore her. He turned around without even saying anything, so she ran past him to stop him from leaving.

“Are you deaf?” she asked once more.

The guy just stared at her, and told her, “Let me pass.”

There was a moment of blankness when she heard the guy spoke. She can hardly believe that she could have her heart beating fast at the age of fourteen. Because of her sudden admiration, she didn’t know that the guy has already walked far away from her.

She hit her head when she belatedly realized the situation. When her senses came back, the guy is no longer visible. She felt sad as she looked at the waves. She went back to where she was about to take a nap, but she could no longer forget the face of the said cool guy.

“Mom, do you believe in love at first sight?” she asked her mother much to her mom’s surprise.

“Ya, Cheon Sung Im, don’t tell me you have fallen in love with someone at first sight?” asked her mom.

She shook her head as she replied, “I didn’t fall in love at first sight, Mom. I felt the thumping of my heart when I heard him spoke the words, “Let me pass.””

“Ouch!” she then reacted when she felt the pain when her mom hit her head with a ladle.

“Stop talking like you’re an adult. Don’t forget that you are just fourteen years old.” said her mom who continued cooking something for dinner.

“But I saw on TV that there’s no age limitation when it comes to love.” she then quipped.

“If you don’t stop talking about that, I’ll make you live outside forever.” warned her mom.

She pouted her lips, and shut . She told her mom that she’ll just change her clothes, and when she’s already in her room, she smiled at herself again upon thinking of that guy.

She went to bed and murmured, “If we meet each other again, I will make sure that I will get to know your name.”