The Misunderstanding

Scent of a Flower

A loud sound of the car's horn didn't stop Ji Hyo from walking. She was supposed to surprise Jong Kook on his Healing Camp guesting, but she chose not to. She wasn't invited to the show, so she guessed there won't be a problem when she conveyed her message to one of the staffs of the said show. "My stomach is aching, so I don't think I can make a guesting." she told the staff when she was asked why she won't be able to. The staff gave her a bow, and so she turned around to leave the said filming site.

She was contemplating something when she bumped into a person. "Omo! Aren't you, Ms. Song Ji Hyo?" said the surprised fan. "I'm a fan!" told the person excitedly. She just smiled at the man as she said, "Thank you." She granted the man's request to have a picture of them together before she stopped a taxi. She knows that if she just walks by, people might recognize her, and it could be difficult since she just wants to be alone as of the moment. She was just so surprised hearing the words from Jong Kook's mouth.

“Hyung, Congratulations! The interview seems to be very interesting.” told Kwang Soo, who went to see his brother-like-friend. Jong Kook smiled and kidded when he said, “Your VTR didn’t surprise me at all.” Kwang Soo just smiled and said, “It just shows how old you are in this industry already.” Jong Kook was taken aback when he heard the next thing that the youngest man told him. “I bet you didn’t know that Ji Hyo-noona will make an appearance.” told Kwang Soo while giggling. He scrunched his forehead as he asked for clarifications, “What about Ji Hyo?”

Kwang Soo looked as curious as Jong Kook. “Didn’t you meet her? She was just here earlier.” said Kwang Soo. “We didn’t see each other today. Why would she be here in the first place?” answered Jong Kook, who didn’t realize that the volume of his voice was audible. One of the staffs, who talked with Ji Hyo earlier, walked towards him and explained, “Ji Hyo-ssi was supposed to be one of the live guests, but she suddenly had a stomachache, so her live guesting was canceled.” Jong Kook stared at the man, and asked, “What did you say? She’s a live guest? Did I hear it right?”

Ji Hyo smiled bitterly when she remembered Jong Kook's interview. The interview when he said that she should be dating Gary for real now. She forced a smile when the background music started to play. She went to the singing room to ease her stress. When she feels stressed, she goes to the place where she can say what's in her heart and on her mind without being obvious. She chose to sing the song of Lee Eun Mi. The title of the song is "I Have a Lover". When it's the second verse, she started singing.

"You seem so worried about me. Telling me there is someone you would like me to meet. Do you know that I do also have a great lover? Someone that I cherish so much that I had to hide. That person, only me can see him. Only I can see him. I will keep him locked in my lips forever. Only the tears that fill my eyes know, that person is -- " she stopped when she got surprised, but she finished the song with the last word, "--you." When the song's over, Jong Kook grabbed her in the arm and asked, "Why aren't you answering my calls?"

Ji Hyo smiled as she replied, "Because I don't want to talk to you." Jong Kook was startled with her reply, so he asked, "You don't want to talk to me? And you are smiling like that? What did I do to you? What's wrong with you?" The two of them didn't realize that Kwang Soo was with them until the latter told them that he'll just go outside the room, and wait for them. "Did you see how embarrassing this situation is? Can't you be more sensitive?" asked Jong Kook. Ji Hyo smiled sarcastically as she said, "Shouldn't you be the one who should be more sensitive?"

"Why should I?" asked Jong Kook. "Don't you really know?" she asked in return. "If I know, do you think I'd be angry like this?" he asked. "So you're angry now? What the! If there's someone who has the right to be angry, it's me." she said as her voice is now getting louder. "How could I possibly know what my fault was when you don't even tell me?" said Jong Kook, who has raised his voice as well. When Ji Hyo just glared at him, he asked, "Don't tell me it's because of that interview that I had earlier?"

"Of all people, you should be the very first person who should have understood the situation. You know exactly why I answered like that. It's for you, for us!" said Jong Kook. "Should I be happy then?" asked Ji Hyo which made Jong Kook loosened up. "Who said that I would like to keep our relationship private? Who told you to protect me like that? Should I just be happy to let the whole world know that you like Suzy? that you'd think of marrying Yoon Eun Hye? I have nothing against those ladies, but knowing that there are other girls in your mind even if it is a just show -- hurts me!" the mostly calm Ji Hyo told him madly.

"I-I'm sorry." said Jong Kook as he hugged Ji Hyo. He knows Ji Hyo is still upset, so he hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I was wrong." said Jong Kook. Ji Hyo let go of his hug upon hearing what he told her, "I didn't realize it was wrong, that you'll feel wronged, that you'll be hurt with that. I-I was just thinking that that was the best way for me to be able to keep you by my side for a long time. You just don't know how scared I am to lose you. Sorry, Ji Hyo-ya. I was really wrong."

Ji Hyo stared in the eyes of her man, and she could sincerity in his eyes, so she felt guilty on being too narrow-minded. "Oppa, I'm sorry. I was just insecure because I just want our love to be known, to be seen, to be felt. I'm just so attached to you, Oppa. I'm just so..." she stopped as she bowed down when she added the words, "...in love with you." Her words made Jong Kook flustered, and he didn't know why he suddenly held her chin, and made her look into his eyes. His eyes meet her lips, and seconds later, his lips are now pressing her lips --- deeply."