The Flower

Scent of a Flower

Kim Jong Kook smiled at the people watching him again upon revealing that he is in a relationship with Song Ji Hyo. Some people will obviously think that they got to know each other through the famous variety show – “Running Man”.

“Running Man” is a show that airs on Sundays. The seven original members were him along with the very famous Yoo Jae Suk, his close friends Ha Dong Hoon also known as Ha Ha and Kang Gary of Leessang, the talented gag man Ji Suk Jin, the pretty boy Song Joong Ki, who was only a part of the show for forty-one episodes, and the tall Lee Kwang Soo. Song Ji Hyo, on the other hand, became an additional member on the sixth episode after being a guest for a couple of episodes.

He guessed that people will most likely associate them because of the variety show, so he decided to tell them their history.

He smiled again when he said, “Before Ji Hyo and I got to know each other on a show that we are in, we have met multiple times already. My loyal fans will probably think that I’ve seen her first on “Family Outing”, but we didn’t meet there first.”

“Twenty years ago, I went to a beach in Pohang - the place where she was born, and the place where she used to reside. That was before I debuted as a member of Turbo. I was just nineteen, and she was just fourteen. I didn’t fall in love with her at first sight. Honestly, I found her annoying that time.”

While he was saying his history with Song Ji Hyo, the other members, Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Ha Ha, and Gary were watching him. Kwang Soo was still with Ji Hyo, who was obviously smiling because of his revelations.

“I didn’t know that Jong Kook and Ji Hyo have that kind of history.” commented Suk Jin, who is pretty amused of what he’s hearing from Jong Kook’s mouth.

 Ji Suk Jin, is just one of the few people, who knows that Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo are an item. He has witnessed how the two individuals developed their feelings for each other.

“Are you happy that it has finally been revealed, Hyung?” asked Yoo Jae Suk, who just found out about Jong Kook and Ji Hyo a bit later than the others.

“It is not for me to be neither happy nor sad about.” answered the oldest member of the famous variety show.

“If only there wasn’t a love line between us,” Gary, the official reel partner of Ji Hyo, then butted in.

“Things might have gone easy for the two of them.” he then added.

“If there was no Monday Couple, I doubt Jong Kook will be aware of his feelings towards Ji Hyo.” commented Jae Suk who is still all ears to Jong Kook.

“I think he is smiling at us.” said Ha Ha, who was just listening to them.

Jong Kook smiled at them even when they are far from him. He knows that all of them support his relationship with the only female member of the show.

“I will admit that I was never the lovable type when I was young. If you guys look at me, you will all think that I am a tough one. Like the Hulk or like a Spartan. But in all honesty, deep inside this facade, I am just human.”

He stopped talking as he recalled the first time that he met Ji Hyo, and how he was to her. He feels guilty whenever he remembers it, but he has promised Ji Hyo that he’ll make up for his mean behaviour in the past.

He looked at the fans again to say, “I know that people find our relationship very complicated, and a lot of people might be confused with how everything started between my woman and I, but I hope that you will all be patient to hear my story, the love story of my life, and the love of my life.”

He doesn’t know why he can’t stop smiling. However, he wasn’t born yesterday so he knows that it could have been the result of being happy in love. He is full of joy whenever he thinks of Ji Hyo and their newly proclaimed relationship to the public.

He smiled once more as he asked the fans, “Do you guys know John Lennon?”

He knew that John Lennon’s popularity is no joke, and he was right since the fans screamed a positive response.

He gave them a beaming smile when he told them, “According to him, “Love is a flower you’ve got to let grow.””

His smile didn’t leave his face when he continued talking about Ji Hyo.

“Song Ji Hyo is like a flower to me. I want her to let grow. I want her to grow old with me. Because as I have said earlier, the famous man from The Beatles, John Lennon, said that love is like a flower that you’ve got to let grow, and she’s that flower, that flower which happens to be – my love.”