The End

Scent of a Flower

Kim Jong Kook looks so happy when he announced that his group Turbo will have a comeback. He’s much happier that Turbo won’t be back as a duo, but as a trio. His happiness is overflowing because he has received nice feedback about the songs that they have released on their new album after fifteen long years. Turbo is very special to him, and he knows his group is also very special to his special woman. In fact, Ji Hyo is in the backstage to support them under the disguise of being with Kwang Soo and Ha Ha. His group mates are also curious why he looks so happy today.

Without saying anything, Jong Kook took the chance to hold the microphone. Since he held it without telling the staff, it created a noisy feedback. But the noise didn’t let his smile disappear from his face. The two members of Turbo were confused, but they didn’t interrupt him on what he’s about to do. “Hello! Mic test – 1, 2, 3” Jong Kook then said which surprised the people present in their press conference. The media people hurried to assemble their equipment in case Jong Kook says something in advance.

The show was actually about to start in twenty minutes, but he’s pretty sure that there’s someone out there, who already has his equipment ready, so after checking the microphone, he started to say, “The reason why I can’t stop smiling like this is not just because of my comeback, but it’s because of something else.” He realized that he said something wrong, so he corrected himself by saying, “Actually, it’s because of someone else.” He looked at the people, who are watching him, as he continued, “I am in a relationship with a very amazing woman.”

The people screamed out of delight when they finally heard something from Kim Jong Kook. The singer is a very private person, and he never once said something about his relationship publicly. People know how private he is, and for him to do it, they know the woman must be very special to him. The reporters were curious who the woman is, so he answered proudly, “It’s the woman whom you all know well. If I give you a hint, I’m pretty sure you’ll get it. She’s the only woman in the show which I do on Sundays, and she’s the only woman who has totally own my heart.”

His sweet revelation melted everyone’s hearts, but he isn’t done telling something about her yet. “I can see some people who seem very surprised with my confession, and I can a lot of people nodding their heads upon my confirmation. Yes, once and for all, I do want the world to know that I am pretty much in love with the woman called Song Ji Hyo. I won’t give further details on how and when it started, but I’ll definitely let you know how sweet it is to be loved by her, and how nice it is to have her as my woman. Please take care of us.” he then ended.

“Whoa! Kim Jong Kook! You are like a puppy when you’re in love.” said Jung Nam, one of his co-members.  “No wonder you why were shooting Lee Jong Seo and B.I icy glares when they were trying to hit Ji Hyo on the show.” recalled Jung Nam, who was one of the guests of Running Man’s Christmas Special episode. Jong Kook smiled heartily when he remembered that time, too. “Hyung, I was actually getting upset at them. I was beating them at the back of my mind that time.” he confessed which made his group mates laughed.

Meanwhile, Jong Kook’s apple of the eye is now being congratulated by the people in the backstage. They were staring at her the whole time Jong Kook is revealing their relationship, so her face is still red. “Noona, you’re dying of happiness now, aren’t you?” joked Kwang Soo to help her ease her embarrassment. Ji Hyo looked at Kwang Soo as she tries to control her tears of joy from falling. She nodded her head as a reply, and so Kwang Soo gave her a hug. “Noona, be happy with Jong Kook-hyung. You know I’m always here for the both of you.”

Ha Ha then started to release Ji Hyo from Kwang Soo’s hug as he said, “Ya! Jong Kook hyung just admitted his love for her, but you’re hugging her right away. People might misunderstand.” When Kwang Soo was about to react, Ha Ha gave Ji Hyo a hug as he said, “It has finally arrived. The day you have been waiting have come. Don’t mind what the other people might think, and just focus on your growing relationship with Jong Kook hyung. I feel so happy and proud of the two of you.” Just then, it’s now Kwang Soo’s turn to release Ji Hyo from Ha Ha’s hug which made the three of them laugh.

The three of them were surprised when they heard a popping sound. Ji Hyo can’t believe that Jong Kook is now walking towards her with a smile she has never seen before. His smile today is so contagious that she couldn’t help but smile back. But her heart is racing too fast now. She doesn’t know why her heart is thumping so fast, and she felt like she’ll have a heart attack when Jae Suk, Suk Jin, and Gary shouted “Surprise!” at her back. “What’s this?” she asked in confusion. Jong Kook held her hand and accompanied her to where the stage is.

Even the media people where surprised at how the venue changed. Thanks to the ever creative and productive staff of Running Man, the venue is now looking very romantic. There’s this projector which shows fan made videos of them together, and social networking sites’ requests for them to be a couple and reveal that they are together. “The reason why I’m showing those to you, and the reason why I have decided to tell the people about is – you.” he said. “I want to be with you for the rest of my life, so would you like to be my wife?”

Jong Kook’s sudden proposal made her blank. She can’t believe what she’s hearing right now. She wanted to answer right away, but she doesn’t know why she can’t speak. She just can’t believe that man of her dreams does not just exist in her dreams but also in reality. She has waited for this moment to come, and she knows that she won’t let it pass. Jong Kook then became teary-eyed when Ji Hyo started crying. “I guess I’m too happy that the man I love the most is now asking me to be his wife, and that in the future, I’ll call him my hubby.”

With Ji Hyo’s answer, everyone gave them a round of applause. The Running Man members clapped their hands strongly, so they could make a loud sound. They were also in tears seeing how happy and how in love the two strongest members of Running Man are. As for Ji Hyo and Jong Kook, they granted the people’s request for them to kiss in public. They closed their eyes, and remembered everything that they’ve been through before this revelation could be made possible. After their kiss, they held each other’s hand and gave them a bow making the people anticipate the day that they will exchange wedding vows.