The Situation

Scent of a Flower

“What happened?” asked Jae Suk when he arrived with Suk Jin at the hospital. The news about Ji Hyo’s sudden admission to the hospital has been the trending topic not just in South Korea, but in a lot of other countries, too. “I heard there was no accident.” added Suk Jin, who was looking at the three men, who never stopped looking at Jong Kook since they have reached the hospital. “They are keeping it private, hyung. I wonder if Ji Hyo noona has requested for it, but they are so silent.”

Kwang Soo, who answered Jae Suk’s question, still has his eyes fixed on his close friend. “Hyung, what is happening? I feel so numb.” added Kwang Soo. “Kwang Soo-yah, you should be strong for Jong Kook. Besides we don’t know what’s going on yet. Maybe this is just a prank.” said Suk Jin, who was trying to make Kwang Soo feel better. “I don’t think it is, hyung. No one in their right mind will do this as a prank. Are we crazy? It will anger me a lot if this is just for a show.” commented Ha Ha.

“How’s Jong Kook?” asked Suk Jin. Gary shook his head when they couldn’t find a word to answer his question. “Can’t you see hyung? He looks more surprised and devastated as we are.” answered Gary. “Why is this happening? I think the world has gone nuts.” he then commented to which Jae Suk corrected, “Don’t say things like that. We aren’t sure of what’s happening yet. It might not be that crucial. It shouldn’t be that crucial.” Jae Suk sighed when he looked at Jong Kook, who has his eyes closed.

“Have you heard what’s wrong?” asked Jae Suk to Jong Kook when he approached him. Suk Jin tagged along, and so the three men. Ha Ha, Gary, and Kwang Soo are now standing while looking at the three men, who are older than them. Jong Kook opened his eyes, and was not that surprised to see them all gathered around him, but he closed his eyes again when he shook his head as he softly replied, “I wish I could get to know why she’s here in the hospital, so I can have my sanity back.”

Jong Kook stood up right away when he heard the surgical room’s door opened. Everyone seemed to be shocked by his reflexes, but they didn’t say anything since they are also curious of what’s going on. “Where’s the guardian?” asked the doctor. “Her parents and siblings are not yet here because they have gone abroad, but we are also her family. I think you know that, Doctor.” answered Jong Kook trying to restrain himself from panicking. “I know it well, Kim Jong Kook-ssi.” agreed Doc.

The men looked around to check whether there are people who are eavesdropping, so when they are certain that there’s no one, they let the doctor tell them Ji Hyo’s situation. “Song Ji Hyo-ssi has gastric cancer.” revealed the doctor to which resulted the men to react in disbelief. “That can’t be.” reacted Kwang Soo. “Gastric cancer or stomach cancer usually grows slowly over the years. Song Ji Hyo-ssi must have been unaware of the symptoms of it since she probably experienced those ones all the time.”

“How did she get here?” Jong Kook asked all of a sudden. “She called 119, and the rest is history.” told the doctor. “She was totally in pain to the point that she has already lost consciousness when 119 people arrived at where she was staying.” continued the doctor. “She’s still resting inside. If you want to see her, please do follow the rules. Looking at all of you, I can assume that you have been so worried. Thank you.” said the doctor which surprised all of them. “Are you two related?”

The doctor smiled at them and said, “Let’s just say she used to be my ideal type.” The five men looked at Jong Kook, so the doctor admitted, “It’s not the first time that I saw her. We saw each other when she was brought to the hospital when she fainted due to taping “Gyebaek” and “Running Man” at the same time. When I confessed to her after few weeks, she put me to my right place. She said there’s someone else that she likes and that that person is the one and only man for her.”

“I guess we shouldn’t be chit-chatting about that. Let’s just pray that she’ll recover soon. In case you want to ask questions, just look for me. My name is Choi Jin Hyuk. I’ll get going now.” Jin Hyuk told them as he gave them a bow. “Seems like another rival, hyung.” kidded Kwang Soo. “Ya, do you think it’s nice to joke around on a situation like this?” scolded Ha Ha. “Sorry.” uttered Kwang Soo. “Excuse me.” said Jong Kook, who went straight ahead inside the surgical room.

Jong Kook is trying his best to control his emotions knowing that the people inside the room were looking at him. “Isn’t that Kim Jong Kook?” asked one of the nurses. “I guess it’s true that those two are dating, don’t you think?” asked another one. The nurses shut their mouth and left the place right away when he looked at them. He returned his gaze at Ji Hyo, who seems to be just sleeping soundly on the patient’s bed. “Ji Hyo-yah, wake up. Jong Kook oppa is here already. I have to kiss you, right? We have to work things out, so wake up now. I now realized that love should be an open door, so I won’t let us drift like shadows in a lonely night anymore."