The Letters

Scent of a Flower

The Running Man members were seen running away so fast by the fans. The fan meeting has just ended, but they were so curious why they were running that fast. The PD of the show was also there, and he was given permission to announce to the world what just happened. While trying to be calm, Myuk PD told the crowd, “You are all in love with Kim Jong Kook, aren’t you? I can see that most of his fans are girls. But as we all know, he’s in love with Song Ji Hyo-ssi. And I am actually in front of you guys to let you know that Song Ji Hyo-ssi is now with him – she just died.”

The fans were all so surprised making Myuk PD cry on stage. To him and to the show, Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo is not just a strong couple. They are two very special individuals, and they are dearly loved by all of them. He knows that the rest of the casts are now in shock to have its two members died so early. He looked at the video thumbnail of Jong Kook on stage as he told him, “Be happy. Take care of each other. Don’t fight anymore. The world is now aware of your relationship. Go be happy wherever the two of you are. Thank you for everything.”

Gary punched Kwang Soo’s face when he saw him right away. “What were you doing?” angry Gary asked. “Hyung, I’m sorry. I did my best to look for the doctor, but I didn’t see anyone. I tried informing the nurse, and she said okay. So I went back here to check, but – “ Kwang Soo stopped explaining when he sobbed loudly. “Let’s not blame him, Gary.” Suk Jin told the rapper. “I understand what you’re feeling, but you must also understand how he’s feeling.” added Suk Jin which made Kwang Soo guilty. “It’s not your fault. Don’t worry.” told Jae Suk.

The news about the consecutive deaths of Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji Hyo has been the talk of the town for a couple of days now. There are people who feel so sorry that they were not able to love each other freely when they were alive, and there are still people who are incapable of accepting the fact that the real couple is already gone. Ji Hyo’s parents decided to meet the casts of the show, and even asked the staff and crew to come along. The people of Running Man came due to Ji Hyo’s mother’s request, and they were surprised to see Jong Kook’s parents in the house.

It’s obvious that both parents of Jong Kook and Ji Hyo haven’t moved on yet, and they can’t blame them since they are still mourning the loss of two wonderful individuals. The Running Man team was speechless when the mothers of the deceased couple told them something.  “Will that be possible?” asked Suk Jin. Jong Kook’s mother nodded as she said, “Didn’t you hear what Jong Kook said? He said he’ll marry her anytime of the day, and I’m pretty sure wherever Ji Hyo is, she’ll be willing to accept my son as her other half.”

Since both families have agreed to do it, they know that their opinions don’t even matter. After all, it’s what Jong Kook and Ji Hyo’s wish – to be publicly known. “I guess we should do it as a gift for them.” said Jae Suk. Before the casts of Running Man leave the house of Ji Hyo, her mother gave them letters as she mentioned, “I think she’s aware that she might not last that long. I’ve found letters addressed to all of you when I was cleaning her things.” The casts said thank you, and decided to keep the letters for them to read later.

The casts also bid one another goodbye, and while they go to their own places, each one of them started reading Ji Hyo’s letter. Jae Suk, who’s sitting beside his driver, took the paper out of his pocket. He opened the letter and silently reads it, “Jae Suk-oppa, I may not have the chance to tell you this in person, but you are one of the few people that I always look up to. You are like an older brother to me. I won’t forget how warm you were. I hope you continue to be cool, and always remember that I will always be your fan. We’ll always be the candy alliance team. No matter what. Thank you.”

Suk Jin is also on his car as he reads what Ji Hyo has written down for him, “Suk Jin oppa, you may be the race starter of the show, but you know that you also start to make my day bright. Your advices are very inspirational, and I won’t even learn them from anyone except you. I hope that I can hear your advices in the future, too. Don’t be mad when you read this letter. I just have to go since my time doesn’t permit me to stay anymore. Be healthy and strong, Oppa.” Suk Jin held the letter tightly as he started to cry remembering Ji Hyo’s smile again.

Ha Ha was driving when he decided to stop for a while to read Ji Hyo’s note. He smiled when he saw the woman’s handwriting, and his smile disappeared on his face when he started reading it. “Ha Ha oppa, it’s me. You know, I am always thankful that you have been so good to me. It was pretty awkward at first, but when we started to get close, I realized that you’re not bad at all. In the future, if we meet again, I promise I will be kinder to you. But you have to promise me that you won’t mess with my hair anymore, okay? Have fun. Let’s see each other in the future, then.”

Gary grinned sadly when he saw Ji Hyo’s letter for him. It’s short, but the message is very touching. “Gary-oppa, my Monday boyfriend, thank you for keeping up with me even though I wasn’t very responsive. I appreciate the fact that you always take care of me whenever possible. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to make our reel relationship become real because I know that you deserve someone better than me. I hope you find your success in life, love, and career. Our love line will definitely end now, so I’d like to let you know that I’m really grateful for you personally and professionally.”

Kwang Soo is the last one to read the letter. He took him almost an hour to think whether he’ll read the letter now or not since he hasn’t really accepted the fact that both Jong Kook and Ji Hyo, who are close to him, are now gone. “Kwang Soo-ya, it’s noona. You’re the one I’m most thankful of. I know you always let me win even though you can easily beat me. I know you always lose to me on purpose. I know how much respect and attention you have given me, and I know you have sacrificed for me a lot of times, so now I wish you could get everything you need in life. If I were to be born again, I’d definitely want to be your older sister. Thank you, Kwang Soo-ya. Look after them for me, too.”

They might not know it, but the remaining casts of Running Man are now crying separately, thinking of the times that they were with Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Sure, things are always funny when they show the show on air, but their struggles and successes in fulfilling those episodes well are only known by them. Their camaraderie is incomparable. They know nothing can beat their relationship. There might be other celebrities to fill in their missing spots, but they know that Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are irreplaceable. And now that two members are gone, they know the show – will never ever be the same again.

Few days after, the church has opened its door, and Ji Hyo, who’s inside the casket, is being moved to the altar. Ji Hyo’s wearing a white dress, and she’s wearing a beautiful make up. The Running Man members are the ones bringing her to where Jong Kook’s casket is. Jong Kook, on the other hand, is wearing a tuxedo, looking so handsome. The Running Man members know that this is live, and that everyone is watching them marrying Ji Hyo off to Jong Kook. It may sound absurd, but they don’t mind. They know it is what SpartAce likes – to be married before they get buried.