Business and Friends

A Simple Love Story

The neon lights up,as the sign on the building right in Kyuhyun's eyes glared at him. The signs with it's blue and red colors flashed before his very eyes,the sign " SURGE " turns on and off as Kyuhyun smiles with satisfaction in his eyes. Finally the culmination of all their hard work or is it just the start ,as he muses at the thought.

Surge is the bar and restaurant that he and his friends has created. Him,Donghae and Yesung has thought of putting their mind together to something constructive finally. They have been friends forever ,and lately they have been hanging out a lot ,drinking and eating together,and then an idea struck them of putting their talents and resources together and thought of startiing a business.It was fun at the start conceiving ideas,motiffs and decorations for the place,and then finally the pressure is on to make it good really good.And this time the business that they have started as just for fun has now become a full blown serious business for the three of them.

The air has started to get damp , as he entered the building. Yesung and Donghae are seated in the table with a glass in their hand.There also have that  smiles  on their faces as a sign of triumph and a job well done.

"So what do you think? Are we ready to open ?"  Yesung asked.

"Yeah we are almost there.So this weekend ?" Donghae said. "I can't really believe we are doing this."

"Me too,but I have never been this excited in my life. Finally I did something on my own and it feels good." Kyuhyun said."You have the chef ready,right?" as he looked at Donghae.He nodded ,

"But we need to help out for the next few weeks. We'll just add more staff as we go on." Yesung said "For now,we have only the chef and three kitchen helper, four waiters and a bartender. You need to fill in some slots in the bar " as he looked at Kyuhyun.

"Alright that will be no problem with me. And you got your celebrity friends coming in this weekend and your band ?" he asked.

"Yes,we have  a set ready and I invited a couple more of my friends to perform too. And yes Krystal is willing to lend a hand too." Yesung said.

"Seo Hyun is busy ,I can't ask her now." Kyuhyun said.

"Sulli offered to help out." Donghae said."But not at performing but maybe helping out in the kitchen " as he laughed ,remembering her girlfriend. She is not much of a singer but yes she can help out somewhere and kitchen is also an unlikely place for her..

"So here's to the friendship and business,may our business flourish as our friendship has." Yesung said as he lifted up his glass and the three toast their drink together.

_______________

Kyuhyun woke up with the constant ringing in his phone as he tried to for it amidst the linens and pillows in his bed.He looked at the clock and it is only six o clock.He wondered who could be calling him at this time.he had a late night last night,after inspecting every detail in their restaurant.They are set to open later today and God knows,he needs his rest this morning  for tonight.

"Hello" as he answered the phone.

"Hi Hone,I am sorry,Did I wake you up ?" Seo Hyun said on the other line.

"Yeah,but it is alright.So what's up?" he answered.as a smile formed in his lips ,imagining her face in front of him.

"I won't be able to make it tonight. I have a work assignment today and it is out of town.In fact I am on my way down there now." she said.

"Oh...you are not gonna be here tonight?" as he voiced his disappointment to her. "But this is our opening night.Everybody will be here."

"I know,but I can't. I have already said yes to this  and i can't back out now." she said.

"But I told you this a long time ago.I want you here by my side . Krystal and Sulli will be here.Why can't you be here for me?" he added..

"I am so sorry, but I have a career to think of,unlike those two who doesn't have to earn a living like me." as she sulked and pouted." You should just have gotten a girlfriend that is not a career oriented and who does nothing with their time."

"Is it not that you'll starve if you don't work today. But anyway...what can I do ,if you already on your way." he said in resignations.it is not that Seo Hyun has really has to work hard for living,cause her family is quite well off,but she is career driven.And kyuhyun knows this before,but then it didn't stop him from loving her.

"I know you'll understand.I promised I'll make it up to you when I come back." she said.

"And how long you are going to be there?" he asked.

"A couple of weeks or  a month the most." she answered.

"Two weeks that long and you never told me until now?" he asked.Kyuhyun close his eyes. He wondered when he will ever take a priority in her life, She knew this before now and never told him about it because he knows that he will get mad and upset.

"I am sorry but I meant to tell you but i know that you'll be upset about this. But think of it,your girlfriend in the front cover of "Vogue" is it not great?" she said with excitement.

"Yeah, what can I say.I am proud of you,cover or no cover.You know I love you." he said.

"I love you too. I got to go now. For we are about to board. Bye." as she hung up on him.

Kyuhyun stared at his phone as he took a deep breath....and yes he is gonna be alone again.And everybody will be asking for her again.He getting tired of explaining and making excuses for her.he should just get a stand in girlfriend,maybe he is better off that way,as he shook his head and smiled....