Chapter 4

I'M ENGAGED?!

SUNGYEOL'S POV:

INFINITE & I all walked to our hang-out place. It was a practice room my parents rented for me. They knew how much I loved dancing and singing along with my friends. 

We arrived and sat down in a circle.

"Hey don't you think that girl that bumped into us is pretty cute?" Dongwoo said. 

"Yeah. Maybe I shouldn't have been so harsh on her just because she bumped into us." Sunggyu hyung said. 

"She was cute. And she's so good at volleyball" Hoya exclaimed.

I wanted to quit hearing this nonsense. I stood up and the music. The boys all turned their heads at me. I

started dancing to a song that I really enjoyed dancing and singing to. It was called 'Be Mine'. We wrote it ourselves and created our own dance moves to it. One day, we're going to be famous. That's my dream. 

The guys saw me practice, so they got up and started dancing along with me. We danced to it about 8 times and took a break. We were all sweating. 

"So about that girl-" Sungjong said.

"Don't start." I said as I glared at Sungjong. 

"Her name is Kim ~~~~" L said.

I sighed, covered my face and laid down. 

"Hyung. How do you know?" Sungjong said.

"Well I met her during the summer at the park" he continued, "she probably likes me now because I helped her cousin when he fell off the swing. I thought she was pretty cute, but she's too innocent. I like my girls just hot and feisty." 

*Typical Myungsoo* I thought.

"But hyung, she has a hot body and she's cute" Hoya said. 

"She is CUTE" Woohyun said.

"Aigoo. Can you guys stop talking about some girl you guys never even met?" I yelled in frustration, "Let's get back to practicing." 

I got up, turned the music back on, and was about to start dancing when I got a text message.

Be sure to be back home by 10PM, arasso? 

We need to tell you something important.

Love you,Yeolie.

-Your eomma

I put my phone away and told the guys I have to be home by 10. We all started dancing again. Around 8PM, we all went out to go eat. We walked to a nearby dukbokki stand. We were so hungry, we didn't talk at all. We gobbled down all our food and paid the lady. We were all heading to go home, when Dongwoo said something that caught everyone's attention. 

"Look. It's that girl that bumped into us and Teen Top's L.Joe?" he said.

Everyone gazed at her while I just kept walking.

"Yah! Stop staring. Let's go home." I said.

They finally broke their gaze and walked alongside with me. We were all neighbors so we always walked together. 

"I wonder what's their relationship" Sungjong said while rubbing his chin.

"Who? L.Joe and ~~~~?" L said.

Everyone was deep in thought now besides me. I just shook it off. 

"Maybe they're boyfriend and girlfriend" Dongwoo said.

"Maybe they're just friends?" Woohyun said.

At last, when Woohyun was talking, we were finally at my door. 

"Bye guys. See you tomorrow" I shouted at the guys to make sure they heard me.

"Oh yeah. Bye Sungyeol-ah" the guys said. 

I walked into my mansion and was greeted by my parents.

"Oh. Sungyeol-ah. You're home! Sit down, we need to talk about something" they said.

"Oh Arasso. Can this wait? I want to take a quick shower first. We practiced a lot today" I said.

"Oh. Ne. But be quick and come right down" 

"Ne." I said and walked up the stairs. I got a towel and went to take a shower. Today I was so mad because all the guys could think of was some girl that bumped into us today and they weren't focusing on what we do. They weren't focused on OUR dream. After my long thought in the shower, I finally finsihed and put my clothes on. I walked down the stairs and saw my parents smiling about something.  I approached them.

"Oh son. You're already down." my parents said.

"Yeah. So what's so important that you guys needed to tell me?" I said with pleading eyes.

"Oh yeah. Well... you're engaged." 

Your eyes widened. You stood up and screamed," WHAT?! What are you talking about?"

"You're getting engaged with one of our close friends' daughter. We wanted to become in-laws ever since you two were born. I talked to them on the phone yesterday." they said without noticing how shocked I was.

"WHAT? How can you guys do this without consulting me? I'm getting married to some girl I don't know?" I screamed.

"We made our promise the year you two were born. And besides, she goes to the same school as you. Her name is Kim ~~~~. You know her right?" 

Kim ~~~. Why does that name sound so familiar? OHMYGOSH. My eyes widened again.THAT'S THE GIRL I'M MARRYING? "ANI. ANI. I CALL THIS OFF RIGHT NOW. I'M ONLY 18 YEARS OLD. I CAN'T GET MARRIED."

"We already got this planned out. You two are getting married right after you graduate. But we're giving you time to think it over. Please, Sungyeol. I heard she's a great girl. You won't regret it one bit. When we grow old, we want you to take over our business and still follow your dream. But when you won't be able to hear those words of encouragement from us, you'll have her alongside with you. This is what we want for you. Make us happy, please" my appa said.

"Arasso. I'll think it over. I'm going to go in my room now" I said. I walked up the stairs and into my room. I laid there on my bed thinking those words my dad was saying. I really do want to make my parents happy. 

After all that thinking, I fell asleep.