All to Familiar.....

Finders-Keepers

KALA'S  and LEO'S POV


 

I woke up the next morning to see that I was on my side and Leo was sleeping right next to my head with his head on the pillow.  I smiled and giggled at the cute sight.

Trying to not wake up him I sat up slowly and pulled my messy hair into a clip. Then after making sure he wasn't going to wake up I moved off the bed slowly and walked into my bathroom.

"Oh joy, another wonderful day  at school."  I said to myself grimly before I splashed my face with water and began washing my face. When I was done I walked back into my room and picked out my clothes for the day.  I started to lift up my shirt when I remember the leopard on the bed who could easily wake up and see me.  "Eh..no thanks."  I think and walk into my bathroom and get changed. 

I walked downstairs and got myself some breakfast and like always said a quick "Mornin" to my dragon breathing step mom who was on the torture device (treadmill).  My father was already up and in the shower, so that gave me enough time to poor a small amount of cereal, take a bite and throw the rest out, and grab some coffee. 

I made it back up to my room and started to pull the sheets on my bed back in place when I remembered Leo.  He was still fast asleep, now curled up in a ball under the blanket.  I smiled and gently pet his fur.

"Sorry buddy but I have to make my bed." I tell him sweetly while I moved my hands under his body and picked him up carefully and placed him on my desk chair. I quickly made my bed while Leo just looked at me slightly annoyed.

You couldn't wait until later when I was awake? I thought in annoyance from being woken up at such an early hour. I then looked and saw that she was in day clothes and looked like she was going out.  Where are you going? Don't you know that its like five something in the morning? I mentally asked. 

I thought for a few seconds about where a girl her age would have to go this early and then I remembered, she has school. I haven't been a high school student in almost eight years. I forgot what it was like having to get up so early. 

I watched her make the bed and take out a pair of sneakers from her closet and put them on. She walked back to me and smiled.

"Sorry again to wake you. I know it's not fun to get up this early, but at least you can go back to sleep."  

It's okay, sorry that you can't go back to sleep. I tell her in my mind. She pats my head and picks me up carefully, holding me against her chest as she carries me. In the moments of being held by her my heart thumped loudly. I could smell her cherry blossom perfume and her mint breathe that had a small hint of coffee. I felt her warmth surround me and without realizing it I closed my eyes and leaned into her.

I picked him up and held him close to me so that I wouldn't drop him. When I made it back to my bed I looked at him to see that he was leaning on my shoulder blade with his eyes closed.  "Wow, you must really be tired." 

I say and then place him down on the pillow he was sleeping on before. He looked up at me surprised and then shut his eyes again and exhaled.

I felt her place me down and my body immediately felt a loss.  Wait can't you-....nevermind.  Why was my body reacting like that to her? What's wrong with me? Did I catch a cold of some sort? Can leopards even catch colds?

"Bye Leo. I'll be back in a few hours with some food and hopefully some more advice on how to take care of you. Be good okay? Don't make too much noise."  I tell him while I grab my phone, headphones, house keys and my book bag. 

Fine, but please bring me some water before you go.  I opened my eyes and watched as she stopped for a moment, dropped her things and then left for her bathroom. 

Uh...Are you okay...?  I began to worry at the strange act.

After a second she came back with a bowl filled with water and some newspaper.

"I can't believe I almost left you without any water, or a place to go to the bathroom. Guess it has been a while since I had to take care of a pet like this."  I sighed and placed the newspaper in the corner and the bowl a few feet away from it.

"Okay, I have to go before I miss my bus, so be good Leo." I walked over to him and bent down to kiss his head like I usually do with my dog but stopped short, just smiled and left.

Was she....going to kiss me?  I thought for a moment, soon falling back to sleep.

~AT SCHOOL IN FOURTH PERIOD.~

"And so class, as you can see the hormone called Oxytocin is released into the brain of both a male and female and is what causes the feeling of love and a bond between two people. It is known to most scientists as the "Cuddle Hormone."  This hormone is the main reason that two people are attracted to  one another."   My biology teacher talked on to the class. I was absentmindedly doodling on my paper when my friend tapped me to pay attention.

"So, has any one heard the latest theory that scientists are now trying to prove? Miss Gidae how about you?" 

"!" I cursed in my head as everyone began to stare at me. I remember reading some of this in the news but I just skimmed the paragraph to get to the comics.

"Uh...isn't it something about how if the bond between two people is strong enough, and if the Oxytocin levels are high enough that they can start to pick up each other's thoughts? Almost like mind reading?"  I said in a slight questioning tone as I tried to recall some other facts.

The teacher looked at me in shock that I was correct and nodded his head.  "Yes..very good Miss Gidae. See class? At least one of your classmates reads the news!!"  He went on to scold us about how our generation never reads right up until the bell rang for the end of class.

"That was great! How the hell did you know all of that?!" 

I turned to see Ana smiling at me as we walked to our next class. Because we sit so far away from each other I forget that she is in the same class as me.

"Oh uhm..I read it in the news paper this past Sunday."  I tell her as we continue to walk to lunch.

"Well it was awesome! His face was priceless! You'd think he would have a little more faith in us though."

I looked at her and laughed.  "Well there are those idiot guys in the back, so he has a right to not expect a lot from us."  She nodded her head in agreement.

We walked into the lunch room and sat down at our usual table with Lizzy, Derek, Zak, Allison, and our closest friend Tanya.

"Oh hows Leo? You wouldn't believe how crazy Taemin was, it took him forever to go to sle-"  "SHUSH!!"  I shushed her quickly as we sat down. I gave her the look that  said we would talk about it later.

I took out my lunch and smiled at Tanya who looked like she hadn't slept at all. Her short hair that was usually always perfect was disheveled, and her eyes screamed tired.

"Tanya, is everything alright? You look horrible."  I say kindly. She shot me the "Shut your face" look and shook her head.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."  She sighed and rested her head on her arms.

I looked at Ana worriedly. "You can tell us, we won't laugh." I rest my hand on hers.  She looked up and looked around the table. Everyone was on their own conversations, but she still took out her phone and texted me.

"Can we talk after school? I don't want any one hearing me and thinking I'm crazy."  I nodded at her and showed the message to Ana who also nodded "Okay."

As I ate my mind drifted back to what Ana was telling me about Taemin. Leo was the exact opposite, it seemed like he preferred to sleep instead of play. I just hope that he will continue to be like that. I don't do well on little sleep.

I thought about Leo and wondered what he was up too, and hoped that he wasn't getting himself into any trouble......

 

 

LEO'S POV AT HOME

"God does that woman HAVE to blast opera?!"  I thought with a sigh.  The opera has been blasting for the past hour, causing my new sensitive ears to ring at the high notes. 

I dug under the covers of Kala's bed and hid my head under the big pillow, smiling at the relief it brought.  I like opera, but not this opera.

I wonder when Kala is coming home. It's been four hours already and I'm getting bored. I already went through her bookcase and only recognized a few titles like "Phantom of the Opera" because I saw the musical back in Korea.

I  also went through her closet, found that she is organized in there too, and that she has way too many shoes. "I don't even-......wait, yeah I own just as many and probably more."  I sighed when I pictured my shoe closet.

When the opera finally stopped I jumped off the bed and decided to explore more to help with the boredom.

I went under her bed and saw dust bunnies that were bigger then me. I then managed to hop onto her dresser (after many tries and collisions with the dresser.) and look at her jewelry and her perfumes. The one she is wearing today is the one in the red bottle. Some of the other ones smell like old lady scents and one even smells like the one my mother wears.

I stopped when I thought of my mother. "I wonder how she is. She is probably worried sick about me right now."  My heart grew heavy with sadness, I missed my family. It's the second day here and I still have no idea how to fix this. I don't even know where the others are....

I hopped down from the dresser and walked to the water bowl. "Wow this is...degrading. Drinking out of a bowl meant for dogs and cats. I can't believe that this is my reality right now. I want this all to be a dream...I want to be with my members.....I actually want a hug....I want....Kala to be home."

"Wait...did I just think that?! Why would I...? I just met her.... What the hell is happening to me?!"  I thought in confusion. 

 

"What the hell just happened?!" I thought in shock as I stared at the bored that went from simple algebraic equations to things that look like a foreign language when I looked back up from day dreaming.

I looked at my neighbor's paper and saw the notes she was taking. I quickly copied them and looked back ahead and looked at Mr. Gilmore with a "I have totally been paying attention" face. Needless to say, he didn't buy it.

"Miss Gidae, why don't you tell me the answer for this question?"  Mr. Gilmore looked at me with that face all teachers have that is a mix of "Ha caught you not paying attention" and "God I hope she understands what I'm teaching."

"Why me!?! What is it "Torture a certain student day"!?!" I internally cried when everyone started to stare at me again. I read the problem again and did the mental math, my face burning red as the seconds ticked by with everyone watching and waiting.

"Uhm....x equals 24 to the power of y squared?"  I asked.

The teacher nodded and continued the lesson. I paid attention the rest of the class, not wanting to start day dreaming again.

When the class ended I saw that Mr. Gilmore was looking at me, clearly wanting to talk so before he could I grabbed my things and rushed out the door with everyone else. 

"What was I even day dreaming about?" I walked through the bustling halls to the usual meeting place where I was supposed to meet Tanya while trying to remember what, or who I was thinking about.

I made it to the bench outside when I finally placed the face to my daydreaming.

"Leo."

"Kala!"  

I looked up to see Tanya running towards me with her thick books in her arms.  She smiled at me and sat down.

"Hey, so what happened that made it so you couldn't sleep?"  I asked her when we were alone.

Tanya looked at me and bit her lower lip.  "Well...Yesterday, I got a package...one I didn't order and inside was......was a puppy." 

My heart stopped, my eyes widened and I leaned forward towards her. "Wh-What?"  This was sounding a little too familiar....

"Yeah I know it sounds crazy but I really was sent a golden retriever puppy. But that's not even the really unnerving part."

I watched as Tanya shifted uncomfortably.  "Tanya....what is the dog's name?"  I really was hopping that it was some stupid name like Bill, and not a name that we knew.

She took out her phone and started to scroll. After a second she turned the screen to me to show me a small golden retriever puppy on her lap.

"His name...is Minho..." 

 

 

~A/N~

Duh-Duh-DUN!!

Yes! I have added another character to this crazy story. The next chapter will be in Tanya's POV and tell what happened to Minho! 

Hope you guys like the story!! I am having fun writing it!! Please don't be afraid to comment! I love getting support and finding out what you guys think!

Well see you guys next time!! :3