Broken Home

Finders-Keepers

A/N Hey guys just giving a warning, this chapter is kind of dark. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

3 YEARS BEFORE, IN SEOUL SOUTH KOREA

"Shinwha? Shinwha are you ready to go?" Mrs. Jung stood at the foot of the stairs waiting for her daughter to come down so that she could make try-outs.

Shinwha sighed with another glance in the mirror.  "God, please let this one be the one. Please let me be accepted." The 17 year old girl twirled one of her curls to make sure it would stay, then grabbed her purse and the admission paper and stumbled down the stairs.

"Come on Eomma! We are going to be late!"  She rushed out the door with her mother chuckling behind her.  "Shinwha say goodbye to your father!"  

The girl rolled her eyes and walked back into the house and into her father's office.  "Annyeong Appa! I am off to another audition! Wish me luck!"  

Jung SooMan turned around from his laptop and smiled at his daughter. "Alright, good luck. Remember, smile, and let them see the good girl you are! Annyeong!"   He smiled warmly at his daughter and waved her and his wife off on the porch.

As soon as the car was out of sight, SooMan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.  "Please let them accept her. It took her a month to get over the last rejection."   

Images of two months ago flashed through his head. The sound of her weeping, her refusing to eat, claiming that she was fat, that she couldn't sing. She was depressed for weeks. She almost failed that term in school if it wasn't for him calling and making a deal with the headmaster. 

SooMan walked back into his office and pulled up the website for the company Shinwha was auditioning for today.  "Jellyfish Entertainment."  Scrolling through the promotion pages he looked at the requirements for trainees. He read down the list, mentally checking the ones he was sure she had.

"She can sing, she can dance. She's nice, she is responsible, she works very hard, and I have money. I can help her through school with some simple calls. She should get in. Please let her get in."     He closed out the tab and went back to work, not thinking again about the auditions until he heard the door to the house slam shut five hours later.

"Shinwha Wait! Shinwha Please! You can't repeat last time!! Please!!"   SooMan heard his wife yelling from the stairs and then the thumping of his daughter running up the stairs and slamming her door shut.   "Oh no." 

He walked out to the living room where his wife was sitting on the couch reading the paper in her hands.  "Yoona, what happened? Did she not....not get accepted?"   He spoke softly, trying to not let Shinwha hear him.

She shook her head "no"  "They said that she was not strong enough to endure the training needed and that her voice was just, not what they were looking for."  Yoona handed him the paper that explained why they did not choose Shinwha.

"B-But how can they say that? Her voice is beautiful! And she can endure it if they just give her the chance! This is outrageous! How dare they decide this without giving her any real chance!" 

Yoona shushed her angry husband and explained further. "They were watching her and the others for the whole day, observing how well they worked together, how well they caught on to dance moves etc. She just... didn't make the cut..."  Her voice got weaker again, and the house was silent. Except for the faint sound of crying coming from Shinwha's room.

SooMan cursed and slammed the paper down. "That's it! I am going to email them! First with SM, and now them! I've had enough! They are destroying her! I am going to write an email. Surely when they see the power and money I have and can donate to them, they will have to let her in right? Right. I'll be in my office."   

Without another word he stomped into his office and immediately started an email to the company. There was no way he was going to let this slide.

          Hello, my name is Jung SooMan, the CEO of Gnamas Supplies.

    I am emailing you in concern to my daughter, Jung Shinwha. Today she attending your monthly auditions for your company, and I am displeased to see that she was not accepted. Now I know that I am no music expert, but I assure you that her voice is one of the finest. She was trained by Lyn herself! In response to her being too weak to be able to handle the work load. I assure you again, that she will be able to handle it. I find it unfair that you try to base your accusations of her, on what little you and your men saw of her today.  If you would be so kind to reconsider her, I would be very grateful, and I will also give your company a hefty donation. 

           Thank you, and I hope to hear of your decision soon. 

                                      Jung SooMan.

He hit sent and leaned back in his chair.  "How dare they treat her like this! How dare they assume things like that she is weak! My daughter! Those horrible people! I can't stand them! The only reason I have anything to do with them is because of Shinwha."  He thought.

"She has been wanting to be an idol ever since she could walk. She spent years with dance teams, professional singers, everyone I could get to make sure she would get in. Yet for some reason these airheads don't see talent when it's right in front of them!"  He grumbled and took out his stress ball. "Too much stress takes a toll on your heart."  The doctor's words floated through his thoughts as he squeezed the ball tightly. 

After a moment he stood up and went into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and pouring himself a drink. He glanced around and listened to hear his wife consoling their daughter.  

"Great  another month of her beating herself up about it all. It took her forever to get back to normal. It also cost me a lot to make sure the headmaster didn't fail her..." 

BEEP!    SooMan heard his laptop alert him of an email. Quickly, leaving his drink on the counter, he made his way back to his office and clicked on the email, that was from the company.

        Hello Jung SooMan.

We are sorry to report that we will still not accept your daughter. It is because out of all the participants that were here today, she did not fit the requirements needed. Please do not think that we are deliberately targeting your daughter. Many of the participants were turned down. On the note of you giving us a "donation" if we accepted your daughter. We are not accepting it, finding that it is very rude and unprofessional of someone like you to try and bribe your daughter's way into a company. We are sure that your daughter will get picked by another company, just not this one.

    Have a good evening, -CEO of Jellyfish Entertainment. 

 

They....Won't accept her..... SooMan clenched his fist and stood up abruptly. Walking into the kitchen he took his drink and gulped it down as though it was water.  Yoona walked into the kitchen just as he was downing his second drink.

  "SooMan please.... Not tonight. She's.....She's a wreck and she needs her father! Not a drunk!"  Yoona stomped her foot in disgust when he started to pour his third drink.

"They called me rude and unprofessional! They said that she didn't fit the requirements! What bull!!"  He hissed and shot down his drink. Wanting to blur out his anger.

"What? Who did?"   Yoona grabbed her husband's arm trying to restrain him from pouring another drink. 

"That damn company! I emailed them trying to get them to reconsider, to get them to not ruin our daughter's life! But no! Instead they call me rude and unprofessional and her talentless!"  His voice thunders off the walls of the kitchen.

"Well that is there decision, and we can't change that. What we can do is try to help our daughter get over this!" Yoona yelled at her husband who just pushed her off and yelled.

"They have destroyed her! Them and the other damn companies! All they do is reject!! Well I'm going to give them something they can't reject!"  His anger boiled over. Throwing the glass on the floor, making his wife scream, he grabbed the bottle of whiskey and walked back to his office where he slammed his door shut, locking himself inside.

Outside Yoona weeped. Now both her daughter and her husband were locked away in their rooms. One crying uncontrollably, and the other one drinking himself until he passes out to mask his anger.  Her eyes welled up with tears at the thought of what her once happy home and family had become.

 

A few hours later SooMan heard his wife knocking on the door, telling him that dinner was ready.  Somehow after gulping half the bottle he mumbled an "I'm not hungry" and went back  to leaning back on his chair with the bottle in his hand.

A few minutes, he heard the shrill scream of his wife.  "SHINWHA!!!!!!!"  

Battling the haziness of his surroundings, he stumbled out of the door and into the living room. 

 "Wh-What's wrong?" SooMan said to nobody. He rolled his eyes, annoyed that he didn't get a response. 

When he made his way up the stairs he saw that the bathroom light was on, the door wide open. He walked over and peeked in.

Inside was his wife, holding his daughter by the wrists.  Okay so nothing is wrong.... 

He was about to ask what she was doing when he saw the pool of blood on the floor, and the blood dripping from the sink. 

His mind seemed to wake up out of the fog from the alcohol and he rushed to his wife's side. 

"SHINWHA!!!!!!"   He screamed his daughter's name just as her eyes flittered shut. 

 

PRESENT.

"Sir, we  delivered the last package. All of them have been given away."  

SooMan turned from the window that overlooked the crowded streets of Seoul, and looked at his assistant.

"Good. I want them all as far away from here, and from their members as possible. Make sure the letters to the companies and the families were sent out as well. Everything must go accordingly."  He smiled devilishly at the young assistant. 

"Yes Sir." 

"They will pay. They will all pay. They took something precious from me, so I will take something precious from them. An Eye for and eye." 

 

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N Hey guys! Hope you liked this chapter and I hope it explains why this guy is taking revenge.  I'm so happy I have 12 subscibers! (which is a lot for me) and it was upvoted! Thank you so much guys! I hope I can get more!  The next chapter will probably be with Leo again.  I want to know what you guys think, if you like it, if you want one of the characters to do something etc. I will take any ideas! 

Anyways hope you all have an awesome year! 'Till next time! 

-Lian