Remembering

Finders-Keepers

SOOMAN'S POV  America Time: 11:30 pm

"You idiots! How could you have lost them?!"  Sooman threw the files to the ground in anger. The four men before him stood with their heads down. Afraid to meet their boss's eyes. 

"They just... got lost Sir. The zoo keeper said that he put the three animals into the box and put the right address on it, but when we called the guys to see if they got the box, they hadn't."  One henchman spoke up.

"Y-yeah. But we have our men at the post office now, searching for the box now. We should find it soon."  The other spoke up. 

"Forget it! It doesn't matter! As long as the other four were sent to the right people."  He mumbled quietly. As long as they are all separated...

"O-Oh yeah! The others are all separated. We made sure to pick random names in the address book. So they shouldn't be found again."  The first man said. After a minute he took a breathe and ventured to ask a question.

"Uh boss.... Why are you separating them all again? Why don't you just kill them?"  

Sooman rolled his eyes. He hated having to repeat himself, especially to such idiots.    

"They are being separated so that there is no chance that they will ever be found again. Killing them isn't enough. They need to suffer for what they did to my daughter. Once they are broken, all eleven of them, then I will kill them. But first they have to suffer. So some of them have been shipped off to zoos, others to people, who they will learn to love."

"But how does them falling in love with the girls help you?"   

He sighs, "Because you incompetent weasel, Once they have fallen for the girl, we will take the girl away from them. Breaking them that way. Understand?"  Sooman speaks slowly. 

"Oh... right...."  The four henchmen all took a slow step back as their boss walked over to the box on the table. 

Sooman looked down into the box with a sickening smile.  "Now... What to do with the last four of them..."  

In the box was a Bulldog puppy,  a baby otter, a little fox cub, and a bunny. All staring up at with him with wide eyes full of terror and anger. 

What are you going to do with us?! (Bulldog)

 What did you do to the rest of our members?! (Otter)

 You sick-o! You erted old man! Let us go! Where are the rest of our members?! (Fox)

Just please let us go! Don't hurt us! (Bunny)

 

"Oh don't worry little ones, You will soon meet the same fate as your other members. Dear Won-sik, you will make a great guard dog. Young San-Hyuk you will be a wonder addition to an otter exhibit in a zoo. Kibum you will be a great fox hat one day. And Jinki, you will make a great rabbit soup!"  Sooman laughed loudly at his words. 

Hyung... is he serious? 

Don't listen to him Hyuk-ah. We'll get out of this okay?

I hope you're right hyung...

"Get these pests out of my sight!" Sooman waves the box away as a man picks it up and rushes away with the animals.  

"And you idiots are to make sure that those three animals are to never be found again! No trace!"  His loud voice boomed off the walls.

The henchmen nodded and left for the post office to join the others in the search. 

Once Sooman was alone, he collapsed into his chair, looking at the skyline of New York.   " "The Great American City".... Heh...."   

He turned around and opened his laptop.  "Now to start searching for where the other four have gone..."   He began to type in the names of Jung Taekwoon, Kim Jonghyun, Lee Taemin, and Choi Minho into the database created by his men. 

Soon four names popped up.  "Hmm.... Looks like I'll be paying these four girls a visit soon...."   He smiles with accomplishment and takes a sip of his whiskey.   Don't worry ShinWha.... Daddy's going to take care of them... 

 

 

LEO'S POV America, Time: 12:30 am

 

I open my eyes, seeing that I was surrounded by gray.  Whdoes this seem familiar? Where am I?    I stand up and look around.   "Hello?"  

No answer.  Hey wait a minute... I heard myself say that! I look down and see my body-my human body.  I'm myself again!! I'm human!!! Yes! Finally!!!

I look at my hands, realizing how much I missed seeing my thumbs. 

I turn to my left, and see a door that I hadn't noticed before.  Hopefully that's a way out of here.     I walk towards it, and with ease, it opens-without me even needing to touch it.    Something isn't right....

As I walk through the darkly lit hallway, I start to hear a faint crying noise.    What is that?   I follow the sound and some to a window in the wall. I peer inside and my heart stops. 

There was Kala, sitting on the floor crying.   Kala!!! Something's wrong! I have to help her! 

I look around for a door to get into the room but there is none. There looks to be no way to get into the room.   

"Kala!!"  I say through the glass. She doesn't hear me.   No! Kala! Look up please!!

"Kala!!!!"  I yell louder. Nothing.  Aish!

"KALA!!!" I bang my fist against the glass.  She jumps a little and looks up. At me. 

"Kala!!!! It's me! Leo!! I'm going to get you out of here!!!!"   She stands up, never losing eye-contact with me as she walks over to the glass. Soon she is standing right in front of me, her blue eyes taking in my appearance. 

"L-Leo..? Is that you?" 

"Yes Jagiya, it's me. I'm me, the real me."  I smile at her and smooth my fist  flat to show her my hands.  

Kala looks at my hand for a moment and matches her hand up to mine with a smile. 

"I'm going to get you out of here Kala, just tell me where the door is."  Then I'm going to hug you and never let you go. 

"Leo, there is no way for me to get out of here. He locked me in here and sealed the door..."  Kala's face falls, and tears begin to trickle down her cheeks. 

"No, Kala don't say that. I'm going to get you out of here okay?"   Suddenly a loud bang came from inside the room. Kala turned her head to the left and a look of fear washed over her. 

"Kala? What's wrong? I can't see past the windowsill!"  I leaned my head against the glass to try and be able to see past the bar, but it was no use. 

"It's no use Taekwoon. You can't save her. You've killed her."  A voice said over some speakers. 

"Wh-What?"  I looked around the hallway to see where the voice was coming from, and when I turned back to Kala, she was on the floor, unconscious.

"Kala!! What did you do to her!?!"  I yelled to no one. 

"I did nothing. This was all you. She has to pay for what you did. Such a shame..."  

Out of no where, a blue mist like liquid moved closer to Kala, creeping over her legs and up over her body. 

"Kala! No!!"   Soon I couldn't see her, just the blue liquid.  

Flashes of my member's faces, the concrete room, and Sooman's face hit me.  Oh my god. She's in the room... He's going to kill her!!!! 

I bang on the glass more, trying to break it.  "Kala!!!!"  

"Leo..."

"Kala!!"

"....Leo...."

Kala!... 

Huh?!  I bolt up with a start. I look around and see the familiar blue walls of Kala's room.  I look down at my body and sigh, I was still a leopard.  I look to my left and see a sleeping Kala, perfectly safe. 

God what a horrible nightmare... It felt so real....   I feeling of immense sadness hit me.  If she were to ever get hurt because of me, I don't know what I'd do...    

I moved from my pillow and softly curled up between her arm and side, feeling comfort in being close to her.  I close my eyes and try to fall asleep, and just as I begin to drift off, the sound of my member's screams as the blue liquid came over us invades my head.   This is going to be a long night...

KALA'S POV THE NEXT MORNING

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

"Ugghh...."  I lift my hand and hit my alarm clock until I hit the right button to shut it off.  Ehhh School.... Ugh.... I swear it's prison for teens....

I roll over and feel something warm and fuzzy next to me.  Huh?  I look over and see Leo curled up on his back, fast asleep in the crook of my arm.  When did he move? Hmm He doesn't usually sleep this close to me... Oh well, he looks so cute.   I smile at the adorable sight and gently pull my arm away from him, replacing it with the edge of the pillow to make up for the absence of my arm. 

When I come back upstairs to get changed for school, Leo is still fast asleep in the same position.  Looks like someone had a rough night... I smile and walk into the bathroom to change and finish getting ready.  

I come back out fifteen minutes later and fill Leo's bowl with food and refill his water then grab my bag. When I walk over to my dresser where Leo usually is waiting for me to say goodbye, Leo is no where to be found.  

"Leo?"  I turn back to my bed and see that he's still asleep.   Wow... He must really be out of it if he doesn't even want his goodbye kiss. I hope he's not getting sick again.... 

I look at my leopard for a few moments before going over and kissing his sleeping form.  "Goodbye Leo. I'll be back soon okay? Be good."  I whisper and leave for the bus. 

 

LEO's POV

 

I crack open my eyes and hear the birds chirping happily outside.   Errmmm what time is it?  I look at the clock on the night stand and do a double take.  1:30 in the afternoon?! I've been asleep that long?! What's wrong with me? 

Kala's still at school then... She should be getting out soon though... Maybe I should eat something....

I jump off the bed, stumbling over my legs as the blood rushes to them. Once I gain my balance I walk over to my food bowl and am grateful to see that she filled it with my favorite meat.  

As I take a bite, Hongbin's words of what it was like a the first circus they were sent to popped into my head...

     when we first arrived, the men dumped us in a small cage, all three of us. They gave us some dirty water, but that was it. They didn't feed us...   Hongbin grew quiet and looked down at his paws.  

They were in the examination office, Kala, Alex and Joy were updating the files on the animals, so Leo, Ken, N and Hongbin were able to hang out.  When Hongbin didn't continue, N picked it up somberly. 

Yeah, It wasn't until the third day that they threw some old food scraps to us. Poor Ken-ah got sick when he ate the bread. His body couldn't take it.... After a while they were picking us up and putting us into the box we came here in. Ken was really weak, so the man easily picked him up. I could barely even make a noise when he picked me up, even though he grabbed me too rough. When he reached in for Hongbin... He-

He grabbed my tail, and pulled me back. I swung my paw at him, I think I got him pretty good, but then he yanked my tail even harder and picked me up, then threw me into the box like a rag-doll.... My rib was fractured... I hurt to breathe for a while...    

By the time we made it here, we all seriously thought that we wouldn't... make it.. If it was like the other zoos and circuses...    Ken joined in softly. 

I sat there in shock for a few minutes. Staring at my members who I cared dearly for. The fact that they had gone through that, angered me. They shouldn't have had to go through that... 

 

I swallow the piece of food and walk away, no longer hungry. I jump up on the bed and lay down on my pillow, looking outside.  I can't help but feel that all the nightmares, Kala's and mine... they're a sign... A sign that something is coming. What, I wish I knew... All I do know is that whatever it is, it isn't good and I have to do whatever I can to try to protect my members and Kala.....

 

 I walk into my room and throw my bag to the side.  At least that day is over.... Leo?  I look at the leopard on my bed and my heart feels like it just stopped.  

I step over to my bed and watch him nervously. I wait a few seconds before seeing his chest rise and fall as he breathes.   "Oh thank god.."  I sigh with relief. 

And then a new worry sets in.  He's been asleep all day, that's never good. I look over at his food bowl and cringe. It doesn't look like he even touched it. Now red flags were starting to pop up everywhere.

"Leo.... Wake up Leo..."   I whisper softly to the feline. I pet his side softly, careful not to scare him too badly. 

I hear a soft voice calling my name and I do my best to wake up. After a few minutes, I begin to feel someone petting my side, and the voice becomes familiar.  Kala...

 I open my eyes and lift my head up gently and look at Kala. 

Slowly Leo wakes up, looking at me while blinking as his eyes adjust to the bright afternoon sun.   "Hey buddy... How are you feeling?" 

I'm okay...  I open my mouth and let out a soft meow as my answer. 

"Aww, okay Leo. Do you want me to call Joy? See if she can take a look at you?" 

No, I'll be fine. I just didn't sleep well last night...

I look down at my leopard and bite my lip. I decide to just keep him here, and see if he gets better on his own.   "Okay Leo, we'll stay here. How about we watch some videos huh?"  I scratch his ear and smile at him. 

Sure.

I kick off my shoes and grab my tablet, then jump onto the bed and lay down, Leo collapsing next to me, closing his eyes.   "Hmm, I haven't heard much about VIXX in a while, let's see what's in the news."  I type in their name and soon see headlines pop up on the screen.

  "MALE GROUP VIXX ALONG WITH OLDER GROUP SHINEE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED TO BE MISSING! THEY ARE BELIEVED TO HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED. COMPANIES SAY THAT THERE IS AN ACTIVE SEARCH FOR THEM ALL AT THE MOMENT."   

     "VIXX GONE! POLICE ARE LOOKING INTO THE STARLIGHTS FOR CLUES, OR FACTS ABOUT WHERE THEY HAVE GONE. MANY STARLIGHTS ACCUSE OTHER GROUPS, SPAWNING MANY FIGHTS."

      "MOTHERS AND FATHERS OF VIXX MEMBERS SPEAK OUT TO TRY AND GET THEIR SONS HOME!"   

"Oh My God, Missing? As in Kidnapped?"  I click on the last link, a video.

I open my eyes when I hear a voice I've known all my life. Eomma...  I look at the screen and see my mother standing with Appa along with the other member's parents. She was crying. 

"Please, just bring my Taekwoon, and five sons home. We will pay any amount you want. Just don't hurt them please...."   


I watched in shock and sadness as each mother and father went up the microphone, and spoke. Camera flashes all around them, and questions that they couldn't answer thrown at them.  

"Oh My God... This is... horrible... Who would do this?"  

I watch until the video ends and then just sit in quiet. Kala is obviously stunned as well. 

The person who did this.... He's hurting every one around us.... He's even made our fans apart of his revenge.... Now our parents.... 

I look at Leo and the amount of sadness I felt before doubled. He seemed so crushed, like he felt guilty about this all....

"I really hope they are okay.... They didn't do anything. I'm sure of it. Neither did SHINee.... They're all human after all....." I say quietly. 

We were.....  I turn my head away from the headlines, no longer able to see the sad faces of my parents.  I almost forgot what they look like.... I've been here so long, that I've almost forgotten what it was like being human... Being me.... 

 I think back as far as I could remember, memories of playing on the playground near my home, playing with the stray cats, reading, and learning how to play piano. Then when I tried out for JellyFish Entertainment, what it felt like to be accepted and put into a group where I only knew Ravi who I trained with.  The first show, the endless nights of practice until the sun rose, the sound of our fans screaming and chanting our names...  It was now that I was really starting to miss everything.... My old life, being independent, practicing, singing, eating all the food I want, drinking coffee, meeting fans.... Everything...

I finish watching a video and look at Leo, who looked deep in thought. Silently I scratch his head affectionately. 

Eh?  I jump when I feel Kala touch me.  Without much thought to what I was doing, I move my head away and stand up then walk to my pillow. 

"Leo?"  That's weird... He never moves away from me.... Is he mad at me?  

I think back to the night when he kidnapped us. I remember being so scared and thinking that we were going to die. Luckily we were spared that fate, but I'm starting to realize why he turned us into animals.... So that we would suffer... 

I look at Leo once more and sigh.  Maybe he just needs some space. I am around him a lot....

 

 

ANA'S AND TAEMIN'S POV

 

"Taemin No!!!!"  I scream in horror to see the white tiger chewing up my work shoes. 

Uh-oh.....

"Ugh Tae, how many times have I told you! You can't chew on my shoes! My mom is already pissed that she had to buy me another pair for the third time! She thinks Jonghyun did it! The poor thing got yelled at for an hour!"  I yank the shoe away from the large feline and put it high on a shelf.

 I'm sorry Ana..... I'm just so bored! I have nothing to do in here, I can't go outside, and you are gone for most of the day at school or work.... Jonghyun has free roam of the house since he's a dog!   I make sure that Jonghyun-hyung heard the last part as I jumped up on her bed, making it creak under my weight. 

"Oh my god... You are getting so big... I don't know how long I can keep this up. Sooner or later my parents are going to figure out that you aren't a stuffed animal.... All our parents will...."    I think about Leo and Minho who also put up the facade that they are just big stuffed animals that Kala and Tanya won at the fair. 

I sit down next to Taemin quietly and pet his large head, that was now bigger than my hand. It was hard to realize how much he had grown. But it was even harder to realize that, soon I would have to turn him over to Eyre's....

Ana? What's wrong?   I sit up and nudge her shoulder with my head, trying to break her out of the trance. 

"Oh.. Sorry Tae. I'm just thinking....."   I sniffle a little and take a deep breathe. I wrap my arms around Taemin and hug him, hiding my tears in his big scruff. (its like a mane for tigers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N~ 

 

Hi guys! Okay for this chapter, it's basically just to move things a long faster, sorry if its not that good. I'll probably fix it down the line. But for those who are confused, in this chapter, Sooman reveals his plans about what he's going to do to the idols. (we also find out where the other four idols went)  This is another serious chapter (I know, sorry for the heavy themes)  But I promise it will become lighter! Also sorry if the point of views are confusing. You wouldn't believe the trouble I have trying to find colors for all of them, while making sure they show up on the screen, you can tell the difference between the colors and that they don't match too closely to another character. Hope you guys liked it (aside from all the confuzzling stuff) I tried to make this chapter at least 3,000 words so sorry that it is shorter than the last chapter.  On a lighter note! I found this cute video of a leopard meowing, and figured that this was a good way for you guys to have an idea about Leo sounds like! (as a leopard, we all know what the REAL Leo sounds like) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d56f3KPqimM​  sorry for the bad audio, skip to the end to hear the leopard meow, and try to ignore the kids saying meow back to it. (tbh I'd probably would have done the same. I meow back at normal house cats haha) 

43e5f1e5fa777e9f6372e0ee0d7f2148db003798

 

shinee_group_v2.gif     

Until next time! (which hopefully will be soon!) 

xoxo-Lian.