Jonghyun the Malamute Puppy!

Finders-Keepers

~FOUR HOURS BEFORE ANA CAME HOME~

 

LIZZY'S POV

I made my way home from work and immediately crashed down onto the couch.  After a few minutes I sat up and looked around.  Is anybody home?  "Ana? Mom?"  I yelled through out the house.  

I got no response so I decided to go up into my room and do some homework.  I laid down on my bed with my text book and homework out. I put in my head phones and started blasting the song "crystals" By Of Monsters and Men.

~CONK!~  "Ow!!" I yell when I feel a stuffed animal smack my head. I yank off my headphones and turn around to see my mom looking at me with  a funny look.

"God mom what is your problem? Can't you see that I'm working?"  I point to my homework and she just shrugs.  "Oh relax, I just wanted to tell you that I was home and ask, do you know where Ana is?"

I rolled my eyes. "So you had to throw something at me to get my attention?" I thought.   "Ana? Oh I think she is at Kala's house, working on a paper or something."  I say as I remember vaguely her telling me this morning. 

"Okay, thank you. I'll have dinner ready in a few hours. It's taco-night."   She does a little hip shake when she says taco and then leaves my room.

"God she is so corny." I say out loud.  "Hey! I heard that!"  My mother yells from the hallway.  I scoff in disbelief. "How can you hear that but you can't hear me yell your name when I need something?!"  I yell back to her. I here laugh as she goes down stairs.

I put back in my headphones and finish my homework. About an hour later I get up and stretch. "God I hate homework."   I smile in satisfaction when I feel some of my bones crack.

I make my way down stairs to look for the mail. "Huh, I guess no one got it yet." I shrug and walk out to the mailbox. I grab the mail and start flipping through the bills looking for anything from my friend in Canada.

~THUNK!~  "Ow!! SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA!!!" I yelp in pain when my foot jabbed into the porch step. I fall down holding my foot as the mail goes everywhere.  "This is what I get for not looking!! Ow owowowowow!!!"  I cringe in pain as I curl into a ball clutching my foot.

When the pain subsided I looked up to see a large brown box on the porch by the door. I sit up and after gathering the mail together, I look at who its for.  

"TO: ELIZABETH J WARD."   Read the package sticker with no return address.

"Huh? I wasn't expecting a package yet. My CDs aren't supposed to come for another week." I shrug. "Well maybe they shipped them earlier." I picked up the box carefully, mindful of the "HANDLE WITH CARE" Arrows on the sides.  

I throw the mail onto the counter and take the box up to my room. When I pass Ana's room I see that the light is on. "Oh, she must be home now." I think as I enter my room and close the door.

I set the box on the floor and sit across from it with the box cutter.  I start to cut the tape when I hear a meow and scratching outside my door. Ugh, the cat.

"Go away cat!!" I yell to the fat cat Lucy who meowed once more then left to go bug someone else.  I cut the tape off  and lift up the flaps.

"Oh. My. God." I say when I look inside.  My eyes fixed upon a furry white ball-that was breathing. 

I was frozen. I have no idea what to do. Someone sent me an animal.

I watched in amazement as the white ball started to move. Soon it's head was turned to me and I saw two dark brown eyes staring at me in wonder.

JONGHYUN'S POV

I opened my eyes to see that I was surrounded by brown. Nothing else.  "Wh-Where am I?" I look up and see a light.  "What the hell? Am I dead?"  I reach down to feel for my phone in my pocket but felt nothing but....fur?

I look at my body and let out a scream of shock. "AAHH!!"  I wasn't looking at my regular body. I was looking at a furry white body that had paws.  "This must be some kind of joke! Some one must have spiked my drink or something." I panic as I look at where my hands should be to see white paws.

I turn my head to the the right and see a girl with black hair looking at me with the same expression I must have.

"Hey! Can you help me?! This is NOT my body!! I need to find out what the hell happened, I need to get turned back and I need to know where my other members are!!"  I explained to her.

She looked at me with worry. That was when I realized that she couldn't understand me. Not because I was speaking Korean, but because what I was saying was coming out in barks.

I look at the dog as it starts barking loudly at me. I stutter for a second before I put my hands up to it and tell it to keep quiet. 

"Shush!! Please stop barking!!" I tell it.

"Don't tell me to stop barking!! I have a right to make noise!! This is not good!!!" I bark more at her. "Jesus I can't even yell at her!! UGH!" I mentally screamed in my head.

Seeing that he wasn't going to calm down, I reached in and picked him up. When he stopped struggling in my arms I lifted him up to my face.

"Whoa!! Okay I'll stop barking!! Just don't drop me!! I won't land well!!" I thought as I squirmed more in her hands. I looked into her green eyes and calmed down a little.

I smile a little when I see him calm down.  I set him on my lap and start to carefully pet him. He leans into my hand and closes his eyes.

I lean into her touch while she pets me. For some reason, it's calming. So this is what Roo feels like when I pet her.

After a minute of me petting him, I look back into the box to see a piece of paper. I pick it up with my other hand and read it.

"NAME: JONGHYUN        BREED: ALASKAN MALAMUTE"     Was written on the paper in sharpie. 

"Jonghyun?" I thought. Images of my favorite band's vocalist  Jonghyun entered my mind.  I looked down at him and watched as he titled his head curiously at me.  "Jong..hyun..?" I said curiously to him.

"Hey, how do you know my name? Is that was is written on the paper? I can't read that." I looked at her.  I saw behind her and that was when I saw that she had SHINee posters everywhere.

"Dear Lord, she's a fan. Maybe she knows where the others are!" I thought excitedly.  Suddenly my body shook slightly when my stomach growled.

"Oh crap! You're hungry! Um....I think we still have some dog food downstairs. Hold on a second"  I place him down gently on my bed. "Now, just stay here and please don't bark." I tell him.

"You know just because you tell me not to bark, doesn't mean I will automatically listen.....but I will....." I think to myself as I sit on her comfy bed. I watch her leave and shut the door behind her. I lay down and stretch on her blue comforter.

The smell of the room was a pleasant fresh linens smell. I could get used to this...just for a little while.

"What the hell is Ana doing? Why is she cooking meat? Mom is going to be cooking dinner in an hour. Oh well, she's always been one to feed the strays." I think to myself as I go through the living room to grab the left over dog food. When I have a healthy amount I sneak back up to my room.

I walk into my room to see Jonghyun spread across my bed. "Great I'm going to end up with white fur everywhere." I think with a giggle.   I sit down next to him and his fur. After a few seconds he stirs awake and looks at me with wide eyes.

"MMMmmm what? I want to sleep." I sniff the air.  "Wait...is that food for me?" I sit up and see a blue bowl across from me that has food that looks like the kind I'd give Roo.

I sniff the food. "I don't want to eat dog food!! I want human food!! Sushi!! Rice! Kimchi!! Meat! Not processed kibble n' bits!!" My stomach growled in protest. "Ugh, I don't have a choice right now do  I?" I roll my eyes and take a bite.

I swallow it down and cringe. I see her look apologetically at me.

"Sorry boy, it's all I got for now. Tomorrow I will go to PetCo. and pick you up some proper puppy food okay?" I tell him and carefully his back as he continues to eat while sulking.

While he eats I take a picture of him and send him to my friend Matt.  "What the hell do I do with him?! You have a dog, what do I do for his bathroom?"

I send the text message and eagerly wait for his response. A few minutes later I get a reply. "Oh he's so cute! For his bathroom? Well if he's house trained then he should know how to tell you that he needs to go the leash. If he's not, start with peepee pads. You can get some PetCo. for cheap. You will also need the special puppy kibble so he can grow well."

I sighed. "Great, how ma I going to keep him a secret? Mom is going to kill me and dad is going to scare the poor dog." I say out loud as I watch Jonghyun finish up his bowl.

"Wow you were hungry." I tell him with a smile as he climbs onto my lap with his small legs and now full belly.

"Of Course I was! I hadn't eaten since....well since that day, when this all happened I guess. I don't even know what day it is." I thought. I then realized that everyone in Seoul must be looking for us by now. I hope eomma isn't too worried about me....

As I was thinking I suddenly felt her hands start tickling my underbelly that was not protected by fur. I rolled over in shock and gnawed at her hand. She laughed and continued to tickle me.

I let out a laugh as I tickled his underbelly. It was almost like he really was ticklish. He chewed on my hand, but not hard enough that it hurt, more like he was playing.

"SSSTTAAHHPP!! I can't take it!!" I let out laughter in the forms of little yelps. When she finally stopped I hopped off her lap and onto the bed. As if on instinct I lowered my head and barked playfully.  To my left I saw a sock and rushed to grab it with my teeth.

I watched in amusement as he grabbed my sock and started to shake it around. So I grab the other end and started a game of tug-a-war.

"NNGH! NGO! It's mine!!!" I growled when she started to pull it. I pulled it with all of my might. I stepped back as I pulled. She still wouldn't let go. 

"It's mine!!!" I growled more and she just smiled and pulled against me. I backed up until suddenly my foot didn't find the bed.

"Oh cr-AHH!" I yelped loudly when I fell off her bed.

"Lizzy?! Are you okay?!"  I heard my sister Ana yell to me from her room. Crap!!

I heard my sister coming to my room.  "Huh? Wait! I'm um...fine!!" I say as I sit down on the floor and pick up Jonghyun who had started to chew on my shoe.

It was too late, my sister walked in and I watched as her eyes bulged out of her head when she saw Jonghyun.

"Lizzy, what is that?!?" She asked me in a hushed tone to not let our parents hear.

"Um...Ana...Meet the new Puppy. Jonghyun!!"  I say as I lift him up and show him to her.

I looked at the girl whose name was Ana. "Whoa another human!! Can she help me? Does she knwo anything about where the other members are?"  I sniffed the air for her scent and along with her strawberry scent was a familiar smell....

"Wait..why doe the Ana girl smell like Taemin?!" I wonder as I sniff again.

"Yeah, that's defiantly his smell. It's cologne. He practically swims in it.

Ana just stared at Jonghyun in shock, speechless.  "Ana...?"  I ask slowly.

She snaps back into reality.  "You said his name was...Jonghyun? That's weird because The tiger cu-" She stopped suddenly.

Tiger cub? What the hell is she talking about.  "Ana...what are you talking about?" I ask cautiously. Mom and Dad were already going to yell at us for Jonghyun, but if there is ANOTHER animal, one that shouldn't even be a pet then we might as well just make our wills now.

"Well....You see Kala was sent a box with a little leopard cub...and a white tiger cub.....She said she couldn't keep both....so I took the tiger cub...."  She explained while looking down with guilt.

"Wait tiger cub?! Is she talking about Taemin?! Who the hell is the Leopard cub!?" I bark and look up at Lizzy who just looked at her sister.  "Yah!! Pay attention to me!!" I barked again but she still wouldn't look at me. "Aiisshh! This girl!!"

"WHAT?!?!? A TIGER CUB??! DO YOU KNOW HOW DANGEROUS THOSE THINGS CAN BECOME?! ARE YOU TWO OUT OF YOUR MINDS?!!"   I yelled at first but then quieted down.

"What are you going to do when they get bigger? At least Jonghyun is a dog!!"  I tell her.

She nods but explains how her and Kala are just going to keep them for now until Kala can find a better place for them. After we talked a bit mroe and she pet Jonghyun, she stood up and left to her room.

When she comes back she is craddling a small white and black ball of fur with two light brown eyes.  My eyes widen when I see him. Oh My God we are so dead.

Ana slowly places him down on the carpet and we watch as the Tiger cub whose name was Taemin walked towards Jonghyun.

"TAEMIN?!?! Oh my god!! Thank god you're alright!!" I think.

"Hyung!!! You have no idea how good it is to see you!! Are any of the other members with you?" 

"No, but who is the leopard cub Ana was talking about?" I ask him.

He rolls his eyes in annoyance.   "Oh that's Leo from VIXX. I was put in the same box as him. I don't know about the other members though."

I sigh and that was when I noticed that our mouths weren't moving as we spoke.   "Yah, Taemin, are we.....-"  "Reading each other's mind? Yeah. Leo and I were able to too. I think we all can. It's just that they can't understand us."

I shake my head slightly to let him know I understand.  We both then tuned back into the girl's conversation.

"Don't you think it's a little weird the fact that I got a dog named Jonghyun, You have a tiger cub named Taemin and Kala now has a leopard..named Leo? This has to be a joke of some sort. There is no way this is just a coincidence."

Ana nods her head in agreement as we watch the two animals look at each other.  "...They seem to be....friends?" I observe. 

"Maybe...but let's just not leave them alone together for now. I don't want to come home to see that Taemin ate Jonghyun."   Ana Jokes.

"Hey! I would never try to eat him!!"  I can't believe she would say that!!

I snicker at her joke and Taemin's reaction. Taemin just glares at me.

The girls continue to talk and Jonghyun and Taemin continue to talk and try to figure out what exactly happened to them and the others.

"Hyung....what do we do now? I mean do we just let them take care of us?" 

I looked at him and thought for a few moments. "Yeah...That's all we really can do for now. We aren't capable of anything else right now. Maybe we will hear something soon though. They seem to be fans of kpop so they will know if something about us being missing comes up. We just have to be patient for now."

I tell him as he leans against me.  I didn't know what else to say. We have no choice really. All we can do is hope that these girls will take care of us well.

 

~A/N~

Hi!! okay, so first off, I am so so so so so sorry for taking so long to update. I had written the chapter but my laptop was having problems and decided to delete all my work before I could save it. So I ended up procrastinating on writing the next chapter, so for that I'm sorry.  I do hope that you guys like the story so far, and I promise to not take as long to update next time. I'm actually thinking of updating tomorrow too. Thank you all so much for subscribing and reading!!  Oh and how do you guys like SHINee's "Married to the Music" and LR's "Beautiful Liar?"  I love both! See you guys next time!!