Are..Those....Kittens?

Finders-Keepers

 

The next day in California:

 

LEO'S POV

"Ow my head feels like it's been between two cinder blocks getting smashed." I thought in pain. I looked around my surroundings, trying to figure out where I was. Brown. That's all I see. Brown, it looks like....cardboard? How could the walls be cardboard? I looked down and saw that the floor was cardboard as well. "What the Hell?" I glanced up and saw large, gaping holes on the walls. On the other side of the holes looked like passing scenery. "Wait, am I in some kind of box?" I stood up, feeling sturdy on my feet.  ~BUMP~ "WHOA!"  The ground shook, making me crash to the ground. "Ow! What did I land on?" I turned around and saw that I was sitting on something long, fuzzy and tan-ish with black dots. "Is that...a tail?!" I went to pick it up when I didn't see my hand moving towards it, but a paw. A fuzzy, padded paw.  I checked behind me and saw that the tail was actually MY tail and the reason that I was so sturdy on my feet was because I was on all fours!!

"AAAHH!!!!"  I screamed, which came out as a loud mewing sound.  "I was turned into a cat!!!! I'm supposed to be dead!! Not a cat!!" I moved backwards, trying to shake off the paws, smacking myself, trying anything to wake up. I suddenly collided with a soft lump. 

"OW!" the lump let out in a yelp. "Hey can you watch where the hell you are going?!" The lump thought. "Wait..did I just read it's thoughts!?" I whirled around to see that I fell onto a white and black striped tiger that was looking very annoyed at me.

"Can you get off me now?!"  The tiger thought in anger. "Wait I know that voice....you're-" "Taemin from SHINee, yeah I know. And you're Leo from VIXX. We've met before."  The tiger sat up. He was roughly the same size as I was, a little bit more buff.  "Aren't we supposed to be....dead?" I asked him carefully. Still debating if I actually was dead and if this was just a sick joke that God was playing on me. 

"No, apparently not. That man; the one who kidnapped us, only turned us into animals. We were all separated and sent God-knows-where."  Taemin replied matter-of-factly.  "How do you know all of this?"  I asked him, wondering if he was crazy for saying such nonsense.   Taemin rolled his eyes at me. "I don't know, call it a hunch. I mean it's the only thing that really makes sense considering the fact that I'm now a tiger and you are now a leopard."  Taemin thought for a moment and then started to laugh. "What are you laughing at? What is so funny?"  I asked. I was starting to get really annoyed with this guy. 

"I get it now!! Leopard! L-E-O-pard!! Hahahaha!!!!"  I shook my head in disgust. "Whatever. Look how can we get out of this?"  I tried to get him to calm down by giving him a death glare. It just made him laugh more.  When he finally was able to breathe, he answered. "We wait. There is no way to get out of here with out someone actually lifting the lid and taking us out. For now, we should sleep. I don't know where we will end up, but I want enough energy to be able to fight for myself." He stated full of pride. 

I scoffed, "Taemin, you're a kitten. How much damage could you actually do? Oh no! You're going to paw me to death!!" I laughed at my joke as he just glared at me. I laid back down and decided that it was probably best to sleep. "I hope the rest of them are alright. I wonder what they all turned into. N is probably some annoying, hyper-active animal." I began to picture what animals my members would be turned into as I fell asleep. 

 

 

 

KALA'S POV

 

 

 

 

 

 

I waved goodbye to the rest of the dance members as Ana and I walked down to the bus stop.  "So you can come over later and we can finish the paper at my house." I said as I pulled out my headphones. The bus was always too loud for me, so I drown out the noise with my music.  "Oh, just warning you now, the dragon is in a bad mood again, so the atmosphere might be a little...."  "-Strained?" Ana cut in. "I was more thinking awkward as Hell but yeah Strained works too." I gave her the "It is how it is" look. "Okay, thanks for the warning, I'll be sure to bring some sweets to calm the salvage beast." We both laughed as we envisioned my step-mother as a ragging beast.  "Alright I'll see you later."  Ana waved me off as I hoped on the bus, running to the last available seat. 

I watched the scenery go by, bored as always at the same sights. I turned up the volume on my phone as SHINee's "Dream Girl' came on. I tried to ignore the screaming children behind me as they fought over a game and kicked the seat. When my stop finally came I ran off the bus and into the hot, musky air. As I walked, I couldn't help but feel like I was being watched. "Hopefully it's just one of the neighborhood kids watching me. Better then a e, but still creepy as Hell."  I looked around once more before picking up my pace to my driveway. 

I entered through the door with caution, making sure to not make a sound as I crept into the house.  I waved hello to my beagle who was lounging on his bed.  I held my breath as I walked past her office door. As long as she doesn't hear me, all will go well. I stepped around the noisy floorboards that were practically like land mines. The second you step on it, you're found out and you blow up.  I took off my shoes before I walked up the stairs to my room. When I made it to the save threshold of my room I breathed a sigh of relief.  "Well at least today I was able to walk around the land mines!"  I giggled to myself as I set my books down and plopped down on my bed. 

"KALA! Ana is here!!!"  I bolted straight up at the sound of my step-mother's voice yelling at me through the floor.  "When did I even fall asleep? Maybe I should go to bed early tonight."  I thought to myself before getting up to clean off my bed so that Ana could sit.  when that was cleared I sat at my desk, turning on my laptop that always took it's sweet time waking up.

"Hey Kala, you got a package here!"  I turned around in my chair to see Ana carrying a large brown box that had holes in it.  "What could it be? I didn't order anything."  Ana shrugged and placed it gently on my bed, as instructed by the words "HANDLE WITH CARE" on the side of the box.  "Well let's open it and see!"  Ana waved at me to hurry up.  I looked the box up and down, wondering where the hell it came from. I gently tapped the box on the side not knowing what to expect. "What if its some airborne disease that I could get? What if there are live bugs in there?-or worse,spiders!" I shivered at the thought and took a deep breathe.  "Please don't let it be spiders, please don't let it be spiders!!" I pleaded in my mind.  When the top was off, Ana and I peered inside, shocked at what we found.  "Oh My God."

Inside were two little balls of fur-that were breathing. "Uh....are those....kittens?"  Ana whispered to me as we both stared at the sleeping balls of fur.  "I-I think so....But where did they come from?" I said a little louder, wondering why she was whispering. Suddenly the tan-orange-ish with black dots cat started to awaken, stretching out and yawning. Soon the other one who was white with black stripes woke up too, both staring at the two of us. Oh my god. One was a Leopard and the other was a white Tiger!! "Oh my Lord they are so cute!!!!!" Ana squealed as she picked up the tiger cub and cuddled him close.

"Huh? what the?" I was suddenly picked up by a young girl with blonde hair. "Please put me down!" I pleaded. The girl started to gently pet me, causing me to purr automatically. "Well that's new. I didn't know I purred!" I leaned into her as she continued to pet me. " I-I don't mind this..."

The tiger was confused at first but at the feeling of her hand as she began to pet him he melted into her, and started to purr. Leaving me with the Leopard who was giving me the same look I was giving him, uncertain and confused.

"Ana what are we going to do with them? We have to find out where they came from! We can't....we can't keep them!!"  I told her as she cuddled the cub closer to her, giggling like a little girl as it purred with content. She looked up with disappointment, "Why not? People do it all the time!"  I scoffed. "Yeah and most of those people end up seriously injured or dead because they had them! They are a Leopard cub and a White Tiger cub. Not pets!"  

Ana looked at me with a "Yeah but" expression. "Yes I know but we will only keep them for a few weeks, until we can find a place fro them to go! I mean look at him!!"  She held the tiger cub to my face. His eyes were a bright brown color that started to melt my soul. I turned away knowing  that if I kept staring at him I would break.  

"No, we can't."  I sat down next to box where the Leopard was trying to get out of. I sighed and gently reached to pick him up. He moved away from my hand at first so I opened my hand to show him my palm. He sniffed it cautiously and then rubbed against it.

As I tried to get out of the box a large hand came towards me. "Oh Crap! No get away!!" I moved backwards away from the girl's hand. When she opened up her palm, I realized that she wasn't going to hurt me. I sniffed at her skin, "Mmmm....Rasberries. I love that smell. She seems like a nice girl. I mean Taemin is getting loaded with pets, so hopefully this girl won't hurt me either." I rubbed against her hand, letting her know that I was trusting her.

 I carefully picked him up and placed him on my bed. At the feeling of my soft blanket the cub immediately laid down and rolled over, clearly enjoying himself.   "Oh great, now he likes it here." I rolled my eyes and stood up. 

"Yes, your bed is actually really soft and warm. I could sleep here."  I laid down and rolled onto my back, feeling tired from my crazy journey. 

"Where would I find a place to take them? Eyre's can't because they already have two tigers and three leopards so its crowded......The next zoo around here is a three hour drive, and there is no way that I'm going to stick two feline cubs in the car and drive for three hours."  My mind raced, trying to find a place that I could take them. 

"Well what if I took this little guy, and you can take the leopard to the zoo-if you are really that cold-hearted."  Ana shot me a look.  "What would you do with him? You have an actual house cat and no idea what to feed him!"  I crossed my arms as I spoke, a habit I got from my uncle who was a lawyer. Apparently it helps you look more firm and steady about your side of the conversation. 

Ana shrugged, half paying attention to me as she rocked the sleepy cub in her arms.  "I have some extra red meat at home from the last cookout we had. It would usually go bad anyway so I can feed him it. And I'm sure that Lucy won't go near this little guy, she's to lazy to care."  I sighed at her response. She always had ways to talk around problems. 

"Alright, fine take him! Just make sure you call me for anything concerning him! I don't need you turning him pink or something."  Ana scoffed in mock anger. "That was ONE TIME!! How was I supposed to know that the dye wouldn't wash off?!"  I shook my head and laughed. 

For the next two hours, Ana and I sat around getting our paper done.-Or well tried too. Ana was too busy fan-girling over the tiger cub. I hadn't seen her squeal this much since we saw Exo's Kris in the city. The cub was loving the attention, purring loudly as she pet him. "Wait where is the other one?" I asked myself. I started to panic when I didn't see him on the floor or bed. "Great! I've lost a Leopard cub in my house! My stepmother is going to flip!!!" I stood up and walked over the box, he wasn't in there either. I was about to discard the box to look someplace else when I saw a small white piece of paper under one of the cardboard flaps.  

"What's this?" I said out loud, cueing to Ana that I had found something. I lifted the piece of paper and saw that it had two written names next to the species of feline.  "Ta-Taemin..?" I read the name that was next to the words "White Tiger"  At the sound of his name the tiger's eyes opened up wide and he looked around, now alert.   

Ana walked over to me and took the piece of paper, and smiled. "Taemin. That's your name! Like Taemin from SHINee! That's so cool! I wonder if they know who he's named after!" She clapped excitedly, kissing the tiger's head.  I took the paper back and read the name next to the "Leopard" . "Leo."  I spoke. I smiled, the image of VIXX's Leo popped into my head. Hey what are you going to do? You watch enough videos of kpop, you start to associate things with it.   

I then thought of a good idea. Maybe if I call him, he will come since the tiger looked up at the sound of his name.  "Leo?"  I said louder. I walked across my room and said it again. "Leo? Where are you? Leo!"  

"Huh? Was my name just called? Could it be manager Kim? No...he wouldn't be able to know its me." I heard my name get called again. "I am being called, I think by that Kala girl. She sounds worried, maybe I should come down." I stretched my limbs and jumped off the dresser with ease.

"AAHH!!" Ana let out a scream.  I whirled around in shock, "WHAT?!?" That was when I saw the leopard cub jump down my top drawer in my closet. "HAHAHAHA!!!" I burst out laughing at the fact that Ana got the scared out of her by a cat!!   Leo walked towards me and calmly sat down at my feet, looking at me expectantly. I kneeled down and his head, "Good Boy Leo!"  He let me pet him for another few seconds before jumping up on my bed and snuggling up to one of my pillows. 

"Wait, what did I do? All I did was jump down from where I was sleeping. Oh well the girl seems to be happy with me. I feel bad about scaring the other one though."  I watched as the friend picked up Taemin in her arms and walked towards the door. "Wait is she taking you home? Really?" I mentally asked him.  

"Yup! She is taking me home with her! It won't be so bad....as long as she doesn't turn me pink!!" 

"Right, well good luck with that. I'm sure I will be seeing you soon considering how close the girls are. So...stay out of trouble...."  I watched as Taemin nodded to me before disappearing down the steps and out the door to the car.

"Promise that you'll call if there are any problems?" I asked Ana once more before she left. Ana nodded at me again, annoyed at my pestering. "Yes mom I promise! Now will you let me go home? I'd like him to get used to the house."  She put the box that had the sleeping cub next to her in the seat and shut the door. "Okay I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye." I smiled and waved her off. 

When I got back to my room I threw on some shoes and grabbed a small blanket. "Okay, come on Leo. I'm going to take you to Eyre's. Maybe they can take you." I gently lifted up the leopard who struggled in my hands to get back to his warm pillow.

"No, please. I'm so tired. I don't want to move!!" I tried to get free from her grasps to get back to my warm pillow.

 "I know buddy but...you can't stay here..." My heart began to beat heavier with sadness. I felt really bad about it but he would be happier in a place that has an actual habitat, and other leopards there.

I wrapped him up in the blanket and held him in my arms. After a minute of needing his large and painful claws into my arm he finally settled down and let me carry him. I walked past my dad with a quick "Hi" and ran out the door. I really didn't feel like explaining why I was carrying a baby leopard in my arms.  

I walked down the driveway and made a sharp left down a dirt road. After ten minutes I was at the gates of the zoo. I re-adjusted Leo in my arms and walked to the main care center.  

"Where are we going? Is this that Eyre's place you were talking about? Is it an animal shelter?" I looked around and then saw large cages with signs stating what was inside. "Oh My God, this is a zoo! She's trying to give me to a zoo!!" I began to panick, not wanting to end up like the animals you see on TV all the time.

"Hey Kala! I didn't know that you were working today." Joy, the main vet's voice came through the intercom in the room. She must be in the surgery room. "Oh no, I'm not I just wanted to talk to you...." I looked down at the leopard who was just watching me with his dark eyes. "-about something."   

"Oh okay! I will be out in a minute then." Her words ended with  a loud click.  "Well hopefully you can get a nice home here."  I said to the leopard. "God I must be going crazy, I'm talking to him like he can understand me." I thought to myself with worry.  The small cub looked at me with a sad expression. Almost like he did understand what was happening.

"Please don't put me in here!! I promise I will be good! Just please don't put me in the zoo! I'm already having a bad day as it is!"  I looked at her with my large eyes, seeing her defenses start to falter. 

"Oh no, please no. Not the sad face! That is guilt trip lesson one!! Please no!! This is already hard enough!!" I cringed at the sight of his expression that was clearly sad. "I-....You.....Oh For the Love of-! Fine! You can stay with me! Oi!" I mentally slapped myself as I left the center and walked back towards the exit, with the leopard still in my arms. 

"God I'm such a er for cats! Why did you have to be a feline? Why couldn't you have been something gross like a snake?!" I continued to rant all the way back to my house, the leopard looking quite content with himself. "I swear if he could smirk, he would be right now." I thought as I gave him another look. 

"Hey! It's not like this is my ideal form either!! I would prefer to be my natural self, a HUMAN!!" 

I walked back to my room after ducking from view so that my dad didn't see my new "friend".  I opened my door and Leo immediately jumped out of my arms and ran over to my bed and hopped back on to his place.  

"Glad that you are comfortable." I said blandly as I fell backwards onto my bed. Still in disbelief that I was letting this wild animal live with me. 

 
 

 ~AN~

Hello! Okay so this chapter was mainly through Kala's point of view since the last was mainly Leo's and the other's. I hope the format makes a bit more sense now. Also, what do you guys think so far?! I hope you guys aren't hating it or something. I promise that it will get better! The next chapter will also focus a bit more on Taemin and Ana. Thank you all for reading!! See you next time! ^u^