Friends?

Finders-Keepers

tumblr_inline_nfxnm4RAAJ1sm8dfw.gif

 

 

I looked at the three pairs of eyes that I knew so well.

  It's them. It's really them.   

 

Hongbin's eyes sparkled with joy, Ken had discarded the food and was trying to crawl out of the box, while N hyung just started barking with excitement.

 

I turned to Kala who was watching the animals curiously, with slight alarm.

 

"Uh... Joy, are they okay? They all saw Leo and started going nuts. Should I take Leo out of the room?"

  I looked at the much larger pallas cat who was staring at Leo without losing any concentration. It made me uncomfortable, almost like it was staring at Leo like he was prey.

 

"I'm sure it's just a matter of them never seeing a leopard before. Besides, it's not like it's normal to see a leopard in the middle of the day. Or wrapped in a pink blanket for that matter."   She smiled while observing the three animals.

 

"Well let's take them out and let the four of them all meet."  Joy reached in and picked up the puppy gently.

 

When the older woman set me on the floor I headed straight for the girl who has Taekwoon's scent all over her.

 

  As soon as I picked up some speed on my new four legs I cursed.  Aish! Even in this body I'm short! I need to find out if it is really my Taekwoon-shi!

 

"What?!! Joy are you insane?! The Pallas cat alone could eat all of them! Including my Leo! You and I both know that the pallas cat is known for being....well... not social to say the least. I really don't think that's a good idea."   

 

Excuse me! I would never hurt my hyungs!

 

 I turned my attention from Leo Hyung to the American girl. Her eyes were filled with worry as she spoke to the older woman.  Even though my English wasn't great, I could still get the main points of what she was saying.

I don't know where I am, nor who she is. All I know is that N, Ken Hyung and I have been moved around for the past six months, not knowing where we are, who the people around us are, or how we got into this horrible situation.

 

I began to panic when Joy just waved off my worries and reached in to pick up the panda.  

 

When the woman sat on the floor, I tried to stand up on my back legs, but after a moment, I tumbled down to the floor.

 

 This is a lot harder then the Animal channel made it out to be.  

 

I gave up on standing and crawled over to the girl, where N hyung was also running-well trying too- to.  

 

 Is it really Leo? Could it be him? Is Ravi-ah and Hyuk-ah with him?

 

The wiener dog bounded towards me, tripping over his small legs. When he slid over to me I couldn't help but to smile at his hyperness.

 

Soon the panda followed, a little slower but his bright brown eyes still smiling at me.

 

I watched anxiously as Ken-ah and N hyung rushed over to where Kala and I sat on the floor. Ken-ah seemed happy to see me, and N hyung.... he was so excited that I was becoming tired just thinking of all the questions he was going to ask.

 

I glanced between the panda, the wiener dog and Leo. They were stuck between observing me and each other.  At any moment I was ready to scoop Leo up to keep him from attacking the bouncy dog.

 

For a few moments Ken-shi and N hyung just stared at me. Both knowing that I wasn't going to speak first.

 

Taekwoon Hyung?  I spoke first, my heavy question ringing in the heads of N hyung, Hongbin and I.

 

I nodded my head the slightest and within a matter of two seconds Ken-ah was on top of me, hugging me-well trying too.

 

I gasped when as the panda lunged towards my leopard. As soon as the panda knocked him down I was about to grab him off when Joy placed her hand on my shoulder.

 

“Let’s see what they do? They are still young enough that their instincts haven’t set in yet.”   Joy told the nervous Kala who was observing the two animals carefully.

 

I watched carefully as The Panda, the leopard and the dog who had finally reached them, seemed to be conversing with one another by just looking at each other.

 

Leo didn’t make any threatening movements towards the weaker animals. He just…. sat there. Like he was talking to some friends.

I know I should be happy about the fact that he isn’t a murderous feline or something like that. But it was just…. odd.

He was the top of the food chain, and even when the puppy dog-piled onto him -no pun intended- He just rolled over to get him off. No hissing, no signs of distress.

He’s not even looking in my direction for help, or even reassurance……

 

I looked away from Leo to the girl who was obviously worried. Whether it was for Ken-ah and myself or Leo I don’t know, but she seemed to care a lot for Leo-shi.

Hyung who is she?   I asked Leo while still looking at the girl who had begun to converse with the older woman.

 

Leo’s eyes widened a little and he jerked his head towards the girl.

 

Her Name is Kala…. She’s the one who has been taking care of me for the past six months.

 

I looked at the girl and saw that she must be younger than us. She looked nice and caring.  Ah No wonder Hyung seemed so happy when we saw him.

 

I glared at Ken-ah for a moment before looking back at Kala who was now focused on Hongbin.

 

I looked at the girl who Leo said name was Kala. Her blue eyes stared at me in awe.

 

I know I'm handsome, but please stop staring at me.

 

"Go ahead, pick him up. It's better for him to have some form of human interaction, and it's best that it's from you since you already have a feline's scent on you." Joy urged Kala towards the cautious Pallas cat.

 

I could feel his eyes watching my every move as I reached into the box slowly, my palms open and showing as little threat as possible.

 

"Come here buddy. I won't hurt you..." I said in a small, soft voice to the cat.

 

Can I trust that? I asked mentally, forgetting that she couldn't hear me.

 

Hongbin-ah, you can. She would never hurt an animal. Trust me.

 

Yah! Lee Hongbin! Let the girl pick you up! Leo-shi is still here! He's fine! 

Nothing will happen Hongbin-ah! 

 

I know that I can always trust my hyungs but still this girl... I don't know if- HEY!!! PUT ME DOWN!!!

 

The feisty feline wrestled in my hands as I brought him closer to my face to inspect if he was injured anywhere that was visible.

 

Put me down!!   I tried to squirm out of her hands that were wrapped around my torso firmly.

 

I said put me down!! Don't touch me!!! 

 

 I used my large to swipe at her face, scraping the side of her cheek.

 

"Whoa! Okay okay! Someone is not a happy kitty!"  I let out a yelp when I felt his large, needle like claws swipe across my left cheek.

I quickly set him down as Joy gets some disinfectant.

 

My heart rate sped up when I saw Hongbin swipe at her. Anger swelled up inside of me. 

 

HONGBIN-AH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

 

Hongbin-ah! No!

 

Hongbin! What are you doing?

 

When Kala set him on the floor, I immediately started to growl at him as he walked closer. 

 

Hyung..? I was surprised to hear a low rumble from my quiet hyung. His eyes were piercing mine, clearly not happy.

Hyung, she just startled me, I don't like being picked up, she sc-

 

SO YOU SWIPE AT HER?! DO YOU KNOW HOW POWERFUL YOUR PAWS ARE?! YOU COULD SERIOUSLY HURT HER!!

In a fit of anger, I tackled Hongbin to the floor using all my strength to keep him pinned. 

 

I turn to see that Leo was now hovering over the Pallas cat, a dangerously low growl erupting from his throat.

"Leo! Stop!"   

I move back over and quickly pick up Leo and keep him away from the others.  Is he ....growling? I've never heard him growl before. For a while I thought that my quiet leopard couldn't even let out anything louder than a "mew. But now he's growling, and his fur is sticking up at it's ends. This is a side of him, I've never seen...Why would he attack him like that? Theres no way that he could have known that Hongbin meant to hurt me. 

 

Yah! Leo you don't have to get violent! Hongbin! Say you're sorry!

Leo-hyung! Stop!! We've been through a lot, we've been handled roughly before, Hongbin was just scared!! He didn't mean it!  Hongbin-ah! Apologize!

 

What for?! I said to put me down, and she didn't! She deserved to get swiped at! I barely broke skin! She will be fine! 

 

Lee Hongbin! You know better! You hit a girl! Say you're sorry! Now!

 

I stare at Leo hyung, shocked at his outrage. He was usually still quiet when he would get violent. He never yelled.  Now he was giving me a low growl and staring at me with a  glare that I have never seen before.

 

What did she do to you hyung? I've never seen you act lik-

Hongbin-ah!

Fine. I'm sorry that I hit her Hyung. 

 

The anger inside subsided a little and I softened my glare.  

 

Don't ever touch her again. 

 

I looked at Kala who was still trying to sooth my temper. It was only now that I was picking up what she was whispering to me.

 

"It's alright Leo, I'm fine. It was my fault for not putting him down quickly. He only left a little scratch, no real damage."    I repeated once again to the leopard who I held close as I watched him stare at the three other animals. 

 

"Alright, now since they seem to have calmed down, I have to go get some files to fill out for each of our new additions. Can you stay here with them?"   Joy looked at Kala who had sat Leo down on the floor once more.

 

"Yeah, I'll stay here."  I smile softly to reassure her that I will be fine and that I won't try to pick up Hongbin again. 

 

When Joy left I sat against the wall and watch the four animals interact with one another. 

 

"Aw! They are so cute!!!"   

 

I turned my attention to the door where a young girl, only maybe a few months younger than me stood watching the animals.

 

 

"Uh.. Yeah. Are you allowed to be back here?"  I asked with a suspicious smile as I stood up. I watched as the girl watched closer to the animals.

 

"Yup! She's my new assistant! I figured since you were becoming so busy I could use some more help! Kala this is Alex Sugar! Alex this is Kala Gilmour!"    Joy reappeared suddenly out of thin air practically and motioned towards Alex who turned away from the panda to show me a shy smile. 

 

"Hi."   

"Hi, it's nice to meet you Alex."  

 

"Now Kala, I want you to introduce Alex to our new little friends okay? Then let Alex fill out the sheets so that she gets the hang of it!"   

 

"Okay sure. Come on Alex, I'll introduce you."

 

Alex and I walked closer to the animals who stared at the new girl. 

 

"So Alex this is N, Ken and uh Hongbin." I said each name and pointed to each animal. 

 

I watched as Alex reached out to pet both, and stopped her when she went to pet Hongbin.

 

"Uh, he's not the most friendly right now, so I don't suggest petting him. Hopefully after a while he will get used to us and then we can pet him."  

 

"Ah, okay. Sure. What about that one"  I pointed to the leopard who sat quietly next to her.

 

"Oh, he's uhm.. He's Leo. But he isn't apart of the zoo."  I say sheepishly.

 

"Isn't he a leopard though?"  

 

"Y-yeah, but I just have him for now. Anyways do you want to play with one of of them?"  I asked, changing the subject. It was clear that her eyes were glued to the panda. 

 

 

She turned from the panda back to me, her eyes growing a tiny bit with what I hoped was excitement and not fear.

 

"Can I?" 

 

"Go ahead. These little guys will probably be used for teaching younger kids about them, so they need to get used to being held. Like I said though, I think it's best to stay away from Hongbin for now. Joy will be the one to handle him until he gets used to us."   I smile.

 

Excitement bubbles up inside of me and with one last glance at Kala I reach over and hook my hands under the arms of the panda.

 

He's so cute....

 

I froze when the girl reached down for me.  I looked to my hyungs and Leo only gave me the words  "It's okay."  Before I found myself in the arms of the young Alex.

 

She smelled like strawberries, half of her black hair was covered by a deep red cap that matched her jeans. 

 

She has style.

 

Even though she was a complete stranger holding me, I wasn't afraid like I was when the men at the last zoo held me. With her I felt safe and warm. Like she would protect me.

 

I watched with a small smile as Alex cooed and giggled at Ken.  Her large frame hipster glasses hiding her eyes in a shadow. She wore a black and red stripped sweatshirt that looked to be about twice her size. Her jeans matched her hat, which only showed her pitch black bangs. Her skin was a dark caramel color, which when compared to my pale skin, made me look like Casper the friendly ghost. 

 

"I like your hair."  

 

"Huh? Oh uh.. thanks. I like yours too.,"   I could feel her watching me. I wasn't the best at conversations, especially when it came to having to talk to someone I just met.  I've always been much more comfortable with animals than humans.   

I looked down at the panda who's big eyes stared up at me, almost as if he was smiling. 

 

Suddenly I heard Vixx's  song  "Error" playing close by.  Huh?

 

I turn to see Kala look up at me, her cheeks reddening a little before hitting the call button on her phone. 

 

She like's Vixx? Could she like other kpop bands? No, I should just leave her alone. Besides she might think I'm weird for knowing the dance....

I held my tongue and waited for her to be done talking on the phone to say something.

 

"So...uh what do I have to do to fill out the sheets for them?"  

 

"Oh right! Follow me! I will show you where we keep the sheets for every new animal." 

 

Alex set down Ken reluctantly and followed me over to the desk where I showed her the proper way to fill out the information, how to see if the animal was hurt before doing an actual evaluation of him, and how to file the sheets away.

 

Ken Hyung why are you blushing so much?  

 

Ooooohhhhh Ken-ah you like her!!!

 

........... (Leo)

 

N-No! She just smells good!!  She is sweet!  That's all!   I blushed and turned my head to look at Alex who was paying close attention to Kala's directions. 

 

Anyways, Leo hyung, it's so good to see you! I've missed you! I've been stuck with these pabos for the past six months.

Yah! Rude! 

I smiled at my members.  Same as always.  I began to tell them the story of how I met Kala, and what it has been like staying with her.

 

"So, you think you got it? It can be a lot to take in on the first day."  I ask as I watch her put the files away. 

 

"Yeah, it's not too complicated."  I say quietly, pushing up my slipping glasses.

 

"Alright. Well Leo-I should get going soon. Joy will show you how to set up each habitat for them."   I say as I walk over to Leo was was now lying next to N and Ken. 

 

"Al-Alright. Oh uh Thank you... for your help."  I sit back down on the ground and coax Ken back to my arms where I scratch behind his ears.

 

"Oh no problem! Welcome to Eyre's!"  I give her a large smile and we both laugh as N pushes over Leo to get to Hongbin.

 

"Okay Leo, you have to say goodbye to your friends for now okay?"  I say to the feline who just lifted his head and looked at me, then back at his new friends.

 

Wait Hyung! You aren't staying here with us?

 

Are you sick of us already? After being apart form us, from ME! for six months!!!   

 

I told you, she's changed him. 

 

I cringed. I did miss my members, they were like brothers to me. But I needed to go home with Kala, especially after the incident with  Hongbin. 

 

Kala will bring me back soon. But I have to go with her, I... live with her. 

 

Ahh..... Alright. Just be back soon We have so much to tell you! 

I WILL MISS YOU JUNG LEO!!! COME BACK SOON!!

I glared at my hyung for a moment before feeling a little bit of relief and happiness to see them again, even N hyung.  Alright Hyung, I will.

 

I looked at Hongbin who had been silent the entire time except for his small remark.   He'll come around.

 

I picked up Leo and held him close , whispering a small apology to him before having him hop back into the basket.

 

I looked at the basket and raised my eyebrows at it.  Why is he in a basket?

 

I hold back my question and give Kala a quick side wave, still holding Ken who was becoming sleepy.  

 

I walk back to my house with Leo fast asleep in the basket. 

 

 

Well today has been....eventful to say the least. At least I made a new friend, and so did Leo. 

Right now, I just want to go home and sleep.  After I feed Leo of course. 
 

 

 

~A/N~ Hey sorry guys for the short chapter, I will fix the things that need to be smoothed out. I just wanted to update.  Sorry for any mistakes too. I promise I will edit it and I will probably add more to it later. I've just been really busy.  Hope you guys liked it. 

Oh! By the way, in case it was confusing, Ken is gray.  N is Blue,  Hongbin is This yellow-y color.  And Alex is this purple pinkish color. 

 

 

tumblr_mwj7mzedsa1r1hmvko1_500.gif