Is This the End? (Part Two)

Finders-Keepers

  "Kala Anastasia Gilmore. I will give you five seconds to explain why the hell! I found a leopard in your room yesterday when I went to put clothes away. And why I am still staring at said leopard now!!"  His loud voice boomed around the room, cutting into me like knifes. 

I looked down at Leo and we both knew that this was the beginning of the end.

I looked back up at him and stammered.  "D-Dad this isn't what it looks like! Leo-The Leopard is just staying here a few days and- and He's leaving soon!"    

   My father took a deep breathe, and I had some hope that maybe he was calm. Nope. He opened his eyes and I saw that they were still in their laser mode. 

 "And you didn't think about telling me or your step mom because...?"   

"Because.... You've been so busy and I-"

"Bull! There is always enough time to tell me if you need to foster an animal! Especially if said animal is a ferocious killer!" 

"Dad! He's not a killer! He's still a cub!"

My father laughed in a way that made my blood run cold.  "Kala! Look at him! He is as big as your bed almost! He could eat our dog! And hurt you! He needs to leave! Now!" 

"No Dad please! Just-Just one more day! He's supposed to go back tomorrow anyways! Just let him stay the night here and I swear he will be out of the house by seven tomorrow morning!"   I pleaded.

I watched him as he thought about it and soon his scary demeanor fell and he sat down on my blanket chest, keeping a good distance from Leo who had his head on my lap trying to pull off the "harmless house cat" persona. 

"Fine. You have until seven am tomorrow and he is out of here. No excuses. Understood?"  

I nodded my head with a small "Yes Dad".

My father stood up and ran his hand through his hair then turned back to me. "Kala... Don't ever pull something like this again do you understand? What if it hadn't been me that discovered him? Your stepmother would have called animal control and he would probably be on his way to the black market. Or worse. So don't do this ever again!"  

I nod silently and fight back my tears.   I can't believe he found him..... I-.....   The damn finally breaks and tears run down my cheeks. I see Leo look up at me from the corner of my eye and I cry harder. 

Kala...... I-

"Leo... I'm so sorry....You-You can't stay here anymore. I'm sorry I can't keep you....I- I-" I say between sloppy breathes and hiccups.

I get onto her lap and look her in the eyes, Kala... It's fine... You've done so much for me.... I can't ever thank you for what you've done for me....  

"Leo..... You have to go to Eyre's today..."   My heart felt like imploding in my chest with every word. 

 I feel my heart rip in half, just like in the movies.   N-Now? B-but... we have time Kala.... We don't have to go to Eyre's yet... I don't want to leave yet... I want to stay here a little longer... with you.... 

I looked into his brown eyes, and could tell that he didn't want to go, loud and clear.  God... Don't do this.... Please don't make this more difficult....  "Le-Leo don't... We have too.... You can't stay the night...."    

Kala....  I lean against her, and sigh.  I know I can't change this... I just want to enjoy the remaining time I have with her I have left.... 

I continue to cry and run my hands through his fur, but even now, it's not comforting. Now it's just a reminder that this will be the last time I can.....

 

SooMan turns to the five men in front of him.  "So I expect that you all have the addresses for them?"  

The five henchmen nod silently. Not daring to say a word that will piss him off more. 

 "Good! Then I expect that tonight will go perfectly correct?" 

The men nod again, SooMan sighs. 

  "For your sakes, I hope so. Remember, there's enough chloroform to knock them out long enough to get them back here. Nothing can go wrong. Understood?"    He clears his throat with a evil smile. 

"Yes Sir!"  The men yell in agreement. 

"Then you are dismissed! You have until midnight to prepare yourselves anyway you need too. Now get out of my sight."  SooMan waves his hand at the men who scurry out of the room. 

    "Finally, everything is coming to an end, and I will finally have the perfect revenge. The men will watch the closest people to them die."  He laughs.   "Don't worry Shinwha.... Daddy is making them pay..."  He pulls out his wallet and in the pack card slot, is the picture of Shinwha he has had in there since her death. It has never left that spot since then.  

He looks at her smiling face longingly, and starts to tear up. Clearing his throat again, and straightening his back, he slides the picture back into the slot and puts it away.    All in good time.... 

 

"You ready?"  I look at Ana who was clutching Taemin in her arms, just like I was with Leo.   

"No but let's get this over with...."  I snuggle Taemin closer to me. His claws dig gently against my skin, not to hurt me, but to let me know he doesn't want to go. 

Ana and I walked through the gates of Eyre's slowly.  I feel Leo nudge his head against my neck more. He was in his favorite spot for the last time.  I tightened my grip around him once again.  I don't know if I can do this... I can't leave him... I-.... love him.... 

Kala.... Please....  I have never felt this much loss since I was a trainee, and when my grandmother passed. I wasn't there for her because of practice.... I cried for two weeks straigh after that.... But this... Is so much more.  It feels like losing a part of me.... I would give up my whole career for this girl.... But I can't do anything.... I can't tell her that I'm human, I can't tell her to let me stay... I can't tell her that... I love her... 

Ana.... Please... Don't leave me.... I can't do this.... I can't stay here. I- I- need you.... Please....  I dug my nails against her skin again lightly to let her know. All she did was pet me more. 

"I called Joy before we left, she told me to just take them to their holding cells." I tell Ana, leading the way to the cells.

"Cells?! What are they prisoners?! Kala you said this place takes care of them! Not put them in cages!!"  I stopped in my tracks, appalled at Kala. 

"Ana, calm down! It's not a cage! They have plenty of room! Plus it's only for the night. Tomorrow they... will be moved to their permanent habitats. They will be cared for. Trust me. I work here."   I explain quietly. Ana thinks about it for a moment and then follows behind me. 

When we reach the two cells, next to one another, I look at Leo who I swear looked like he was crying... If Leopards could cry. 

"Oh my God... Leo... Please don't look at me like that...."  I move him from my neck, and at arm's length.  God what a mistake that was.  

With one look from him, I began to cry.  I opened the cell door and set him down. Immediately he tried to escape. "No Leo! Stay!"  I say in a weak voice.  He looks at me and sits down in front of my feet-blocking me from leaving. 

Kala... I- I can't let you leave. Please. I will live the rest of my life as an animal if that means that you are in it! Please! Don't leave me here! It's bad enough that I'm an animal, but to put me in a place where I will forever be looked at like an animal is just cruel! With you, I have my humanity!!  Please don't go!     I sit on her feet and paw her legs. I feel pathetic but I can't lose her. 

I let out a sob and bend down. Carefully I take his face in my hands and put my nose to his.   "Leo... I'm sorry... But you will be safe here. My Dad was right. What if my step-mom had found you? She wouldn't hesitate to have you killed. I can't let you stay at my house knowing that risk... But I swear I will come and visit every day. Tomorrow I'm coming back to help you get used to your new habitat. Okay? I promise. And look, " \

I take my backpack off and . I pull out his pillow that I sprayed with my perfume, and put one of my shirts inside the pillow case.    "I have your pillow. I put some of my perfume on it, and I even put the shirt I wore when we first met in it so that it has my scent...."   My vision was beginning to blur from the tears. 

I didn't even look at the pillow and focused right on her. I looked into her sparkling eyes and knew what I had to say.   Kala, I love you. Please, don't leave me... 

More tears stream down my cheeks as I lean in and kiss the spot between his eyes.   "I love you Leo.... I promise I'll be back tomorrow..."   I stand up and nudge him away from me. I step over him and out the door. I quickly lock the door and look down at him.  There was Leo looking so sad, like the kitten who was kicked in the rain. It looked like something out of a Disney movie. 

Kala...  Her words hurt me more. Hearing that she loves me, right before leaving me, just ripped my heart into smaller pieces. 

I look away and at Ana who was not having any of an easier time leaving Taemin.  When she finally made it out of the cell, I hugged her. Something we both needed. 

"They will be okay...."  

I take one last look at my sad White tiger and blow him a kiss.  I look at Kala who was crying even more than I was.  "Come on Kala..." Together we walked to the exit.

When Ana and I reach the exit gates, I turn back and hear the most heart breaking sound. It was Leo, letting out a cry. But not just any cry, the cry that a leopard makes when he has lost his mate.  

Ana pulls my hand and we walk out.  I'm sorry Leo...

I fall onto my side next the pillow. Instantly Kala's scent hit me. I move onto it and take a deep inhale, wanting to pretend that she is still with me right now.   Can tomorrow come soon? Please?     I shut my eyes and try to imagine the feeling of Kala's arms around me once again.   I love you too.... 

 

By the time I get back to my house, my face was red, puffy and still wet with tears.  I walked past my dad silently, not needing to explain why I was crying. I walked up to my room lifelessly, not ready for the pain beyond the door.  

With a sigh, I open the door to my room and my knees feel weak.  I avoid looking at his bowl and food, and walk right to my bed where I faceplant onto it.  What have I done? 

I sit up and grab my headphones and phone. I scroll through my playlists and put one my "soft Music" playlist. Soon the song, "Make you Feel My Love" by Adele is playing.  Oh God... I can't listen to this right now.  I hit the "next" button and VIXX's "Love Letter" comes on.  Oh my God... 

The first few notes I was making it through the song okay, but as soon as the chorus came on, so did the tears.   For the love of-.... Jesus... 

I listened more and I swear, every time Leo sang, I would tear up more.  I changed the song again and on came "Thank you for Being Born"   I sighed and figured that I might as well embrace the pain and let it go.  I shut my eyes and tried to remember the feeling of having Leo laying next to me. 

 

A few hours later, I open my eyes and check my phone.  "Fix You" by ColdPlay was on, and I had five messages, all from the girls. Plus one missed group call-also from the girls.   I'll respond later...   I roll over onto my side and look at the clock.  Holy ! It's already 11! It was only five when I got home! I've been asleep for six hours?! Wow...

I remember a little of hearing my dad knocking on my door for dinner.  He must have left the food in the microwave for me... I think for a moment.  I'm not hungry. I just want to sleep more.  

I pull the blanket over me and pop back in my headphones, and turn out the light.  I wonder if I can sleep away the pain.... 

 

 "VVVVRRRRBBBBB!!"   I mumble at the sound.  "VVVVVRRRRBBBBB!!"  I growl and lift my hand to my phone on it's charger. I look at the time.  It's past midnight! What could the girls want now?    I look at the messages from Tanya and all the color in my face drains. 

  

                   TANYA   - GUYS! I THINK THERE IS SOMEONE IN MY HOUSE!! I HEARD A CRASH!!!!  12:15 PM

I rub my eyes and type in the group chat quickly.  

               LIZZY  -  WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? TANYA THIS ISN'T FUNNY! 12:15

         TANYA  - I'M NOT JOKING! 12:16

                 - HOLY ING !! GUYS SOMEONE BROKE IN THROUGH THE BATHROOM!!!  12:17

My heart began to race and I the light and threw a pillow at Ana.  "GET UP! CHECK YOUR PHONE!!" 

                LIZZY - TANYA IF THIS IS A JOKE I SWEAR I WONT EVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!  12:18

          TANYALIZZY I'M NOT JOKING!! CALL THE POLICE PLEASE!!! THEY ARE COMING TO MY ROOM!! 12:19

I start to dial the police when there is a loud crash from the bathroom next to us.  My heart stops. Ana looks at me with wide eyes.  "What was that?"  I whispered. 

Ana gave me a terrified shrug. Then there was another sound, one much more terrifying. The sound of men talking in hushed whispers.    "Yeah... They should be in here...."   Was all I could pick out. 

I heard footsteps walking towards the room we were in, my heart beating out of my chest practically.  I fumble to hit the call button and then my phone is grabbed by a hand behind me. I let out a scream as another hand covers my mouth. 

 

 "Crash!!!"     Huh? What was that?  I look at the clock, it's past midnight. I see my phone blinking with notifications. I go to grab it when I hear another noise, this time closer to me. I freeze up.  Why do I feel like there's someone behind me...?    I slowly turn around in the pitch-black room. To my horror, I can faintly make out a dark figrue standing beside my bed. Before I can let out a scream in terror, a hand overs my mouth. A strong smell covers my nose and instantly I knew what it was. He was drugging me. I tried to struggle, but the dosage was strong enough that I was out quickly.  Somebody.... Help..... Leo.... Help me.... 

 

THE NEXT MORNING.

 

I wake up with a long yawn. God what a horrible dream... I move closer to Kala and sigh.    

"Good morning Leo! I'm happy to have you apart of the Eyre's family now!"   

I open my eyes confused.  Joy? What are you- Oh....  I lifted my head and looked to next to me. It was just the pillow. Not Kala... and this wasn't a dream.  I look to Joy who was annoyingly cheery. 

Joy... Please leave... I'm not in the mood.  

I'm sure your friends would love to see you! And to know that you are apart of the zoo now! How about after breakfest, I take you over to their habitats to say hello?"  She laughs joyfully. 

No Joy, You don't understand, this was a mistake. I'm not apart of this zoo. I belong with Kala. I just have to prove it to her when she comes back today. 

"Well I'm going to get your's and Taemin's food ready so I'll be back in a flash!"  

I watch her walk away and sigh.  I"ll be out of here soon. You'll see. Kala will come and get me out of here. She has too...

I suddenly remember the white tiger next door.  Taemin!!! 

Ugh.. What? 

You're still here?

Yeah... What thought you could get rid of me that easily? Jeeze hyung.

N-No, it's not that. I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.

You mean after the girl who I thought would always protect me tossed me in here like an old rag? Yeah I'm just peachy hyung. 

Taemin, we both know why they had to do it. Besides, I heard that you messed up her room and things pretty badly. 

I did not! Shutup! 

Whatever Taemin. The pont is, is that you are okay. Besides we will be out of here by tonight. 

What makes you say that?

Kala loves me, and I'm sure Ana loves you too. They can't leave us here. They will come back for us. 

I hope you're right hyung. 

When Joy came back, she pushed a large bowl of meat towards me. I looked at it in dismay and just plopped my head on my pillow.  I have to wait for Kala.

I look at Leo who wasn't moving. Oh boy.... Separation issues... "Leo... You have to eat buddy. You know Kala would hate to know that you aren't eating. She'll be back later ot check up on you." 

I look at Joy and then shut my eyes. I'm not eating until I get home with Kala.

I sigh and walk away. He's going to be difficult... he got too used to living with Kala... too attached. I'm going to have to talk to Kala about this. 

I lay and wait to see Kala walking through the gate. Numerous times Joy has come up to my cage to try and get me to eat, or to come out. But I refuse to move. I can't let it seem to Kala that I'm enjoying my time here.  

I look at the clock across the road, over the concession stand. 3:00?! It's been that long? Where is she?! 

Maybe they forgot about us

No, don't say that. They would never forget about us. It's impossible..... Right?

Hyung if they were coming, they would have come already. The zoo is going to close soon. 

They are coming... They have to be.    We wait until 4:00, when the zoo closes.   

Somethings wrong..

Yeah... this meat is horrible..

No you idiot! They didn't come!

I told you, they forgot about us! They lied about coming back! They are probably partying about no longer having to deal with us!

No Taemin, I think... I think something happened to them... Kala would never break her promise. Ever. 

Well She did. 

I growl through the bars at Taemin who just bared his teeth at me.   She didn't forget about me... She couldn't have...  

 

 

SooMan entered the hallway of cells with a triumphant smile. Inside each cell were the final pieces to his plan. The pieces that will forever scar everyone.

SooMan walks past the cells quietly, not wanting to make the girls wake up even sooner than they have too. He observed each girl separately, imaging what it will be like to hear them scream in pain and anguish.  

  The one I really can't wait to hear scream in this young kala.... Jung Taekwoon eluded me long enough that he has to pay for it. And he will pay, with her.   

 He laughed and walked to the next cell where Tanya was passed out.  She's the one who took care of Choi Minho.... It will be fun to see how he fights for her.... By now he's very protective of her....  

Thoughtfully he looks in on Ana. The Tiger's keeper. He shouldn't be too much trouble... but I'll make sure I stack up my men. 

 Lastly he looks at Lizzy.   Kim Jonghyun.... He also shouldn't be a challenge... but I'll still be prepared. 

 He stops at the end of the hallway and listens intently to the girl's breathing.  Slow... calm... For now.  With satisfaction knowing that they weren't going to wake up anytime soon, he walks to his office. 

"Uh.. Sir..."   SooMan looks towards the voice as he enters his office. It's one of his henchmen, one who clearly isn't used to speaking out when not spoken too.

"Yes? What is it?" He says in an annoyed tone.  

"Sir we have located the other three animals. They are at a zoo."  He offers up a tablet with the pictures of the animals.

"Oh good. Then you may leave."  SooMan says and walks to his desk. He stops when he notices that the man hasn't left yet. Exhaling through his gritted teeth he turns around slowly.

"Anything else?"  

The man sweats nervously and silently walks over to his boss, holding our the tablet once again. This time it was a video of a young girl in ripped jeans and a sweater holding the panda who the henchmen realized was  Lee Jae-hwan, otherwise known as Ken. 

"This girl... she is seen with the idol everyday. We can't take them without her noticing right away...."  The man takes a step back, ready for the bomb to go off.

"Damnit!! Even in different forms these men cannot get away from young women!! AAARRGGHH!!!!"  Full of rage, SooMan throws the tablet against the wall, shattering the device into a million pieces.

"Damn them all!"  He curses more in Korean, forgetting about the shaking henchman beside him.

"No-No matter. Just take care of her as well! Make one more of them feel pain! Mo-More fun! Hehehe...Hahaha... Yes make them feel more pain!"  His words grew louder with the idea. He faced his minion with a wide Cheshire cat smile.

"Grab her as well. I will make them all pay! Hahaha Yes! They will all pay! Now quickly leave! Go find out more about this other girl! We can't have her waiting long can we? Hahahaha!!!"   

The Young man hurried off, not to start his assignment early but to get away from his insane boss. Everyday it seems that he is becoming more and more unhinged. 

SooMan continued to laugh for a solid four minutes, fully amused at the idea of his mortal enimies finally paying for ruining his once perfect life. He sits down in his chair and feels the usual tightness in his chest, followed by the painful throbbing. With a grunt he grabs the small orange bottle from his jacket pocket and pops two pills. 

Curse these damn American doctors... insisting that something is wrong with my heart. What do they know? My heart will be much better after I exact my revenge. Then everything will go back to normal....  "Right Shinwha?"   He asked out loud.

Of course there was no reply. Out loud that is. 

SooMan looked at his beautiful daughter who only recently began showing herself to him this past month. He was so happy to see that his daughter was perfectly fine. That she was safe. 

"Don't worry sweetheart... Soon everything will be fixed. Then you can come home and live with Eomma and I again. Right?"  

 

From outside his main assistant watched his boss talk to the wall next to his desk. By now it was considered "normal" to see his boss talking to no one. The other henchmen say that he's seeing his daughter, or that he has just lost his mind. It's probably both. He reasoned. 

 

I open my eyes slowly, my head pounding heavily. my arms aching.  Where am I?  I look around and see gray bars for walls around me. I look up and see why my arms are aching. They were to say the least, securely fastened with chains to the wall.  

I hear muffled voices from the next room. Well at least I hope I do and I haven't gone senile. The voices get closer and a door opens. That's when I hear a familiar voice. 

"Make sure that you leave the clues for how to get here. I don't want to wait all day for them to just figure out how to use a damn GPS here."  

"Yes Sir." 

Wait... I know that voice... it sounds like...like the voice I've heard in my dreams... the one always telling me to forget Leo... But how?  I listen again and only confirm it. He was defiantly the voice I've been hearing in my nightmares. 

I look to my  right and see Tanya's eyes are open. I carefully wiggle my foot to get her attention.  Come on Tanya, this isn't a twitch!! Look at me!  

Soon Tanya lifts her head slowly to meet my eyes. It was clear that she was listening to him too. 

The men walk to the end of the hallway and out the other door. As soon as it's shut I begin to whisper.

"Tanya? Are you okay? Are you hurt?!" 

"No, I'm fine. Just sore and have a headache. You?"

"I'm okay. Just, scared."  We go silent for a minute.

"Tanya... That man... I know his voice... He's the voice that I'v-  "That you've been hearing in your nightmares? Yeah me too. But... I don't know how. I've never met him."

"Neither have I, but clearly theres something going on and we are connected to it."  

I watched Tanya open and shut it quickly when the men re-entered the room. This time with a giant cauldron like basin. And this time the man noticed that we are awake.

SooMan looks at the only two girls who are awake and smile.  "Good evening ladies. Look like you two are the first ones up. But don't worry, they will be awake soon enough." 

I look at Kala and see the fear in her eyes. I speak up first.  "Who are you? Why are you doing this to us?" 

SooMan looks at Tanya and sneers. "Now now, questions later. Right now you two are in for a treat. You get to see a magnificent trick. The one that started this all."  

In fearful silence the two girls watch as the man says a few words and a blue liquid creeps out of the basin. 

 Oh my god! What is that?! Is it coming for me? Am I going to mutate into something?!

Holy ! What is that? Why is it moving like that alien substance from SpiderMan 3?! 

The girls watch in horror as it slugs under the bars and dangerously close to them. Then it crawls up and out of the window above their heads. 

SooMan looks at their horrified expressions and laughs gleefully. He bids them goodnight and leaves them to their thoughts.   Tomorrow is going to be a great day. 

"Tanya?"

"Yeah?"

"I think we are going to die."

"Yeah.... I do too...."

"Do you think we will be saved?"

"Honestly? I think we will be lucky if they find our bodies considering whatever the hell THAT was."

"Great...."   This is how I'm going to die...  I bute back my tears and take a deep breathe. Crying wasn't going to fix this. Our only hope would be if some how someone new that we were kidnapped by this guy, and where we could be found. But I know better than to think that this is like the movies. This isn't. This is real life....

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N

  *Hides behind a shield, armed with pictures of SHINee and VIXX* Please, don't kill me! You would not believe everything going on in my life. I recently got a job so I've been busy with that, and also this is my senior year and I'm taking college classes so I've been a little busy. (Okay and VIXX's comeback has also partially killed me) Needless to say, I am VERY SORRY that it has taken me I don't even know how many months to update. And with a  cliffhanger no less! So I am very very very very sorry! *hands you all a puppy and candy*  Anyways I hope you guys like this chapter and I want to know what you guys think is going to happen next. What do you think will happen to Alex?   I really hope you guys like this chapter! I'm going to try and update soon, but between work and classes, it may be hard. I WILL TRY MY BEST THOUGH! 

Thank you all so much for reading and sticking with my story for this long! I love you all for it! 26 subscribers is crazy for me! Especially since it's my first story. So seriously, thank you so much guys!  *wipes tear away*

Image result for vixx group gifs

Image result for vixx group gifs  (omg Leo hold your excitement!)

Image result for SHINee group gifs

Image result for SHINee group gifs 2016