Chapter on Crack #1!!

Finders-Keepers

A/N~ Hey guys! Okay so my best friend who is now pretty much my editor for this story, gave me the best idea to create crack chapters! so basically, the chapters will be shorter than a normal chapter, but be a cute little story or experience between the characters. I felt like I rushed the time period and that I didn't have enough little scenes to show how the bond between each character has grown. So this is the purpose for the Crack Chapters. (Okay and yes, there are a bunch of cute little fluff scenes I want to write ><)  So this is the first one! Oh! and if you want to have a little scene between certain characters, just tell me in the comments! Thank you!! 

 

 

TWO MONTHS AGO.  KALAxLEO

410bf7b539621c55764fe3818ad4db06.jpg

I turned over onto my side and bunched up my pillow again under my arm.  ugh! Why can't I just find a comfortable place? 

Frustrated, I sat up and threw off my side of the covers, being careful no to wake up Leo, who was asleep on his side.

Why can't I sleep? I rubbed the back of my neck and rolled it from side to side.  I'm not stiff or anything... What could it be?

There was kind of nagging in the back of my mind that when ever I tried to drift off to dream, would come bursting through with red flashing lights and a siren.  But what for?  My mind sure had a sense of humor....

 

I turned to look at the clock and almost let out a growl of dissatisfaction when I saw that it was already midnight and I still had not fallen asleep.   Of course its the night before I have to work all day at Eyre's.....

I took a deep breathe and laid back down on my left side, facing Leo.  I closed my eyes and started to count back from 100. 

100....99..98..97.. I felt a Leo lightly kick my arm.  Well at least one of us dreaming.... 96...85..94... Another kick.  He's really not helping... 93...92...  I felt another kick. 

"Aish! Leo!" I sat up and cursed.  I looked at the silhouette of the leopard in the dark.   He's still asleep... I really need to calm down. He's just dreaming he doesn't mean it...

I reached over to pet his side and kiss his head goodnight. When I leaned close enough the sound of his labored breathing made my heart stop. 

"Leo...?"   I pet his side a little trying to wake him up, all he did was squirm and whimper a little.  This isn't good.

 

I moved and the light next to my bed quickly.   "Leo? buddy you okay?"  I whispered closer to his ear while still petting him. 

Huh...?  I opened my eyes slowly.  My whole body was in pain, and on fire.  Wh-What?.... Kala...

"Leo?"   I looked into his brown eyes and a sense of fear that I had never experiences hit me. His eyes were bloodshot, and he could barely keep them open.  His tear-ducts were filled with the gooey substance and was starting to crust. 

"Leo!"  I picked him up as gently as possible and sat him on my lap, supporting him up.

Ow! Kala stop moving me! Everything hurts!  I tried to let out a meow but it only came out as a whimper.

Is he sick?! What's happening?! He's never been like this!!!  He feels really hot!    What was it that Joy said was some signs of him beign sick? Uh... THE NOSE!

I lifted his head up in one hand and used my thumb to touch his nose. It was warm, not cold like it's supposed to be. 

"Oh god.. Leo you're sick! I have to call Joy!"  I grabbed my cell phone off the bedside table and started to dial her number when I realized that she was asleep since it was now 12:30 am. 

I'm not sick..... I can't be sick Kala.... I'm a cat.... It's impossible.... What else was becoming impossible was being able to create coherent thoughts.  My whole body feels like an oven, I would be sweating right now if i could. All I want to do is sleep, but Kala is worried....

"Aish! What am I going to do?!"   I thought back to when the lion cub had a cold, and what Joy instructed me to do....

          "Grab some cold water and a wash-cloth. Make sure to keep them as cool as possible and continuously wipe their eyes and nose.                   Make them drink cool water and let them sleep. That's all you can do for a simple cold."  

 

"Okay, Leo I'll be rigth back I haev to get some things. Here..."  I lifted him up again and moved my pillow next to his, and laid him down on both.

Kala... stop... I'm alright.... Even if I am sick, it's just a little cold....

When I was sure Leo was comfortable, I ran to my bathroom and the cold water full blast, then filled up his water bowl with it and grabbed an extra wash-clothe.  

I rushed back into my room and set the materials on the floor.  "Hold on Leo.."

Too what? My Tail?  I cracked open my eyes to see Kala kneeling on the floor, dipping a wash clothe into what I presume is water. 

Kala... What are you doing?

I twisted out the excess water and folded the blue clothe neatly and leaned over to Leo.    As carefully as I could I placed the wash-clothe on his nose and let the cool water do it's work.

Mmmmhh that feels good.....  The cold water sent shivers down my spine, making my fur stick up.  

After a minute of holding it there, I put it back into the bowl and renewed it with cooler water.  Next I lifted up his head and wiped away the gooey tears and made sure that the crust was gone as well.

As Kala wiped my face I looked at the wash-clothe and got immediately grossed out.  Ew.. What is that? 

"It's kind of like the mucus that is formed in your nose, but this is mainly made up of the salt water from your tears. Everyone has it, even humans, but we can get rid of it easily. Whenever we get sick, it gets worse and builds up. Like it is now with you. That's why I have to clean your face...."    I don't know why i was talking, I just was. Like I was answering a question....

EW... Okay... Thank you...  As Kala wiped my face the cool water permeated through the thick fur and was slowly cooling me off.

I dunked the wash-clothe in the cold water again and twisted it out before I laid it over Leo's body.    This should help cool down the rest of him....

I would be drooling if it didn't require the strength I don't have right now..

I smiled softly when Leo's face seemed to express a very relaxed state.  Seems to be working...

I stood up and went back into the bathroom and filled up a glass with the cool water then brought it back to him. 

"Leo come here... You have to drink."  I poked his shoulder blade a little and he lifted his head and eyed the glass.

Okay... I moved my paws under me and pushed myself up, the clothe hanging over me like a cape.  I wobbled over the pillows to Kala and waited for ehr to lower the glass to my height. When she did I lapped up the icy water. 

Ugh.. My throat is burning... But the water is helping...  I cringed as the ice water ran down my desert throat.   At least I don't have to sing any time soon...

When Leo was done drinking, I laid him back down on the pillows, re-soaked the clothe and laid it back on him to keep him cool. This went on for the next three hours. 

I watched as he slept, slowly running my finger over his paw as a comfort for both of us. 

I woke up and looked at the clock behind Kala "5:30 am". The light was still on, and Kala was fast asleep next to me, one hand clutching the now empty glass of water, and the other next to my paw. 

She's been up for hours caring for me... She needs sleep...   I lifted up my front half and let out a meow.  My throat doesn't hurt as much...

"Huh?"  I bolted up when I heard a small meow from next to me.  I looked to my left and saw Leo looking at me.  "What time is it?"  

5:32? When did I fall asleep?    I looked out my window and saw that the sun was starting to peek over the horizon.  Well at least today is Saturday...

"Leo are you okay?"  I turned my attention back to the leopard.

Yeah... I feel a lot better actually. But I'm worried that you haven't slept enough....  


"You look a lot better..... How about we go back to sleep?"  I smile softly, set the glass on the table and turned off the light. 

Leo had shrugged off the clothe and let me set it back in the bowl.  

He now as lying next to me on the pillows as I cushioned my head on my arms.   The sun's rays were starting to shine through the window, lighting up the room in a soft light.

"I'm glad that you're better... Leo.."  I let out a yawn and pulled the blanket over me.  I was beginning to get tired, sleep was coming and fast.

Funny.... The nagging that was in my mind before isn't there anymore... must be because I'm so tired... maybe I have insomnia....

Good Night Kala....  Thank you for taking care of me.... Next time... I will care for you...

I watched as Kala's breathes became slower and she drifted off to sleep. The light that was shining through, coated Kala with a light pink glow, almost as if it was planned for a photo-shoot. Her hair was slept back, and her hands were tucked neatly under her head.  

It had been a long time since I was sick like that, and since someone had cared for me like that. Yeah the members would get me some cold medicine, but none of them would have stayed next to me all night. But she did....

I kept watching Kala, even as the pink glow disappeared, leaving a white light. I moved closer to her and listened to her steady breathing. 

Soon her soft breathing whisked me off to sleep with her, and I dreamt of what it would have been like if she cared for me while I was human...

 

 

A/n~ Okay! So here is the first Crack Chapter! (Told you it would be a lot of fluff) Hope you guys liked it! Next will probably be one of Tanya and Minho!  See you guys soon! 

 

1501215.jpg