twenty three

Meeting the BAE's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

**

 

S E U L G I

 

It was lunch time when Mr. Bae and I got home. I was surprised when I saw that Yuri and Jessica unnie are back already. A part of me wished that they stayed longer abroad so I only have to deal with Tiffany unnie here but since I got no choice I pretended to be very excited with their arrival.

 

“Dad!” Jessica unnie greeted her father. She hugged him as I watched from the back. “Where were you? How are you feeling?” She worriedly asked “I hope you’re not tiring yourself Dad.”

“I am not Sooyeon. I am feeling great. I just finished my therapy today.” Mr. Bae answered “Seulgi assisted me.” They both turned back to look at me and I can’t help but give Jessica unnie a smile and a bow.

“Hello Jessica-unnie.” I greeted her with a smile.

“Oh hey Seulgi.” She was surprised to see me as well.

 

“The food is ready Sir, Ma’am.” One of the maids broke mine and Jessica unnie’s eye-contact. Thank God she arrived or else Jessica unnie would’ve been able to read my soul already. I didn’t want her to know that I was scared of her.

“Come on it’s not good to let the food wait.” Mr. Bae said as we all walked towards the dining table.

 

The lunch went well and the food was really good. I was very careful though since I don’t want to have another allergy attack and be a loser in front of Joohyun’s family. They were just talking about family matters like Taeyeon unnie’s business, Jessica unnie’s fashion brand, etc. etc. I was just listening while nodding my head occasionally.

 

Mrs. Bae suddenly called my name making me look at her. “You are all talking about business and such in front of the table. Seulgi is the talk fun at all?” I nervously smiled while nodding my head. I mean what would I say? That it’s boring? “Why don’t we take this time to entertain our guest? Talk about something that Seulgi wants.” She added making me really nervous. I could feel that Jessica and Tiffany unnie weren’t really fond of their mother’s idea.

“It’s okay Mrs. Bae I don’t mind.” I gave her another smile as I drank from my glass.

“Oh no dear we would like to know you more!”

“Come on Seulgi! Mom’s right you should tell us more about yourself.” Yuri unnie encouraged me as she gave me a thumbs up.

“I’m not really an interesting person?” I laughed nervously.

“What’s your family like Seulgi?” It was Mr. Bae who asked the question. Suddenly this felt like the first time we had dinner together except that Joohyun isn’t here to save me if I messed something up. OH . “How many siblings do you have again?”

“I have 5 siblings, 4 older sisters and 1 older brother. I am the youngest in the family.”

“I think it would be a great idea if we’d meet your family Seulgi.” Mrs. Bae said

“I would really like that too Auntie.”

 

We talked some more about different things, I asked about their family then they asked me about mine. Somehow I felt more comfortable.

 

--

 

After our lunch I went to my room to do some work. I needed to finish my edits so Wendy could present them. I am feeling ashamed of letting Wendy do all the work in the studio so I decided to just do some work while I'm here. I also told Yerim to help Wendy out in the studio. I heard that Wendy's hiring new recruits for us which I think is great since we're thinking of expanding our studio.

 

As I was about to finish my work I heard my phone ring. I picked it up and saw Joohyun's name flashing in my screen. I answered it immediately feeling excited on hearing her voice again.

 

"Hey babe!" I greeted as I saved my works.

"Hi Seul! How are you doing there baby?"

"I'm great. I'm doing some works but I'm about to finish it soon. How about you? What are you doing there?"

"We're about to visit the hospital but Bogum decided it'll be better tomorrow." Hearing that guy’s name made my stomach twist. I really have a feeling that that guy wouldn't do any good to my Joohyun. I can't help myself but feel jealous knowing that Joohyun and him would be spending time with one another. Ughhh! I hate this . "Hey Babe? You still there?" Joohyun's voice broke me off my bubble.

"Yeah sorry." I sighed. "Babe I love you." I sincerely said hoping she'd get the message that I trust her. Maybe that guy still likes her but I know my Joohyun loves me too much.

"Aww babe! I love you too. Don't worry I'll be back soon."

"Hyun?"

"Yes?"

"Did...you and Bogum? Before?"

"Oh gosh Seulgi! Are you really?" I heard her laughed from the other line. It was so loud that I felt myself smiling too. She's just too infectious. "So..sorry Seul." She was still chuckling.

"Aw come on Hyun I was just asking."

"I and Bogum are just friends. Didn't I tell you before that you're my first?" When I heard her say that I feel triumphant. "And also my last." My heart started beating faster with her words. Damn Joohyun. Even after all the words she said to me or thousands of I love you's exchanged she can still make me feel like butterflies were fluttering inside my stomach.

"Babe." Was all I could say.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter