twenty two

Meeting the BAE's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22

 

**

 

The next morning

 

Seulgi wasn’t able to sleep that well because of all the thoughts that ran through her head. Joohyun is leaving her with her family. Of course Seulgi agreed but in the back of her mind she was restless and slightly scared. She isn’t really that close to them and the fact that Joohyun will be nowhere to SAVE her anytime her sisters tried to do something. (But that’s just Seulgi’s overthinking) she tried hard to come up with an idea to make Joohyun stay but she failed. No one can stop Joohyun especially when it’s her father’s request in the first place.

 

“Seul? Babe? Are you awake already?” Joohyun mumbled sleepily as she hugged Seulgi’s waist. That made Seulgi snap back to reality. She slowly turned around so she could face Joohyun. “Why are you up so early?” Seulgi didn’t answer instead she smiled to Joohyun. A warm loving smile that made Joohyun smile as well.

“Do you really need to go?” Seulgi’s voice was small and weak. Joohyun looked at her worriedly then started her cheeks affectionately.

“Don’t you want me to?”

“I..I will miss you so much.” Seulgi said.

“Aww I will miss you too! Don’t worry I’ll be back soon.” Joohyun leaned in to place a chaste kiss on Seulgi’s lips.

 

--

 

S E U L G I

 

We were at the dining table and everyone was chatting with one another. I can’t understand a thing since everything around me felt like blur and just a buzz. I was thinking of a best reason to stop Joohyun from leaving or maybe she could just take me with her. Is it possible to be this scared to be around your girlfriend’s family? Because I feel scared less. I mean I know Mrs. Bae is kind and Seohyun unnie too but how about the rest of them? Soojung? Yes we’re okay? But Jessica and Tiffany unnie? I don’t know.

 

JOOHYUN JUST TAKE ME WITH YOU!

 

“Are you done?” Joohyun patted my thigh under the table making me look at her. My angel is leaving me now. I hope this breakfast doesn’t end. HOW TO STOP THIS?

“Ye..yeah.” I answered and cracked a smile. I don’t really have the appetite to eat.

 

A loud honk from outside caught all of our attention. It was Mr. Bae who stood up first, Mrs. Bae followed him as she helped her husband walked. We all followed him to the front door and there I saw Bogum standing while smiling at us. Bogum? Wait what the? I turned to Joohyun then back to Bogum then to Joohyun again.

 

“He’ll assist me there.” Joohyun said as she held my hand. I can only nod my head.

 

I watched as Mr. Bae and Bogum talked to each other, then to the rest of the family. I would lie if I’d say I don’t feel envious of him. Everyone here in this family seemed to adore him that much, something only I could wish for.

 

Joohyun broke my train of thoughts when she squeezed my hand. “Seulgi I need to go now.” she added with a sad smile. “Always take care of yourself! Don’t worry about me okay?” she kissed my cheek then dusted the imaginary dust on my shoulder. “I love you.”

“Me too.” I mumbled.

 

I watched as Joohyun entered the car with Bogum. I waved a little to her before the car sped off the driveway. When I turned around everyone was looking at me with smiles. Well except for Tiffany unnie she seems to be busy with her phone.

 

“Feel like you’re at home here Seulgi! Don’t hesitate to tell us anything you want alright?” Mrs. Bae walked towards me as she side hugged me. “You’re a family now.” When I heard that I can’t help but feel relieved and happy. I guess spending time with them wouldn’t be so bad like I imagined it to.

 

--

 

J O O H Y U N

 

The ride with Bogum was unexpectedly fine and not awkward, we were just talking about how our lives went by after I graduated and he pursued medical school. He grew and matured a lot unlike the Bogum when we were still in high school. I didn’t even notice that we arrived at the place already.

My father owns a small townhouse near the Hospital and that’s where I’ll be staying with Bogum. Appa wanted to give back to the community so that’s why he built this hospital for the poor. He was the one who lead this hospital for years before he decided to take a break and passed the leadership to one of his staff. I don’t know why some people just decided to disobey my father’s # 1 rule and that is to always accommodate the people even if they don’t have enough money for it.

 

“Dr. Liu is the one that you father assigned to be the Head of this hospital but he got sick 2 months ago and needed to rest for a while. He assigned someone named Hyerin to take over while he rest.” Bogum said while we unload the luggage to the house. “The people were complaining that ever since she took leadership the bills got higher and the staffs won’t accommodate them properly if they know that the people don’t have enough money to pay.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter