Nine

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun sat blankly as she stared at the beige velvet box on her dresser. It was almost 3 AM at that time, and Seohyun still didn’t intend to sleep. She was not sleepy at all.

She looked at a simple white gold necklace with little flower pendant in that box. Her heart still beat rapidly everytime she remembered the time Yonghwa gave it to her, and of course, about his confession too.

After Yonghwa confessed his feeling to her, he insisted that Seohyun needed to think about it carefully before she made a decision. He was really sure with his feeling and wanted to fight for it until the end. But he didn’t want to force her if she didn’t want to. So he agreed to wait patiently for her final answer.

Seohyun agreed with his suggestion to think it carefully in the end. She tried to refuse that necklace at first, but Yonghwa said that it was a symbol of his feeling and his decision. He said that the necklace was carrying his heart and begged her to accept it at that time.

But the real problem is her decision. Seohyun already admitted that she liked him. It was true that she wanted to be with him. But was that enough?

She knew that she gave a hard time for their relationship all this time. She felt so sorry about this to Yonghwa too. She was too stubborn with her own thought to make this problem simple because a normal girl would willingly accept the Prince feeling. But it was not like Seohyun didn’t want to accept him too. She was a normal girl too. Her real feeling always pushed her to open her heart since the beginning. But her logic insisted to be realistic. She already experienced some sad relationships. That was why she didn’t want to take the most risky relationship with the Prince. She really wanted to protect her heart.

Seohyun took a deep breath in the end before she closed the box and walked towards her bed. She decided to shut down her thought for a while. She took her phone too. And after she laid herself, she reread again the last message from Yonghwa that night. It was just a usual message that always sent by him every night, but she didn’t know why it was looked more special this time.

Seohyun was about to turn off her phone when suddenly it was vibrating.

Sooyoung was calling her…

After the party end, actually Yonghwa wanted to drive her home. Seohyun was about to refuse it when Yonghwa realized her worries first. Then he asked Sooyeon to drive her instead. Sooyoung, who came late and was driven by her sister to Lee’s mansion, was driven by Kyungho Oppa to her home. They just knew at that night, that Kyungho Oppa already broke up with actress Yoon Eunhye. So, Seohyun could predict what Sooyoung’s intention for calling her this late.

“Ne~” Seohyun decided to answer it.

“I know you can’t sleep too. That’s why I decided to call you…”

“Don’t beat around the bush, Sooyoung-ahh. Just tell me that you’re interested in Kyungho Oppa.” Seohyun cut her off.

Sooyoung chuckled by Seohyun’s sudden guess.

And they talked until the dawn.

 

Seohyun felt something buzzed near her ear. It was so bothering her. She finally fell asleep at 5 AM and she needed to stop that buzz. She roamed her bed to find that it was her phone that vibrated since five minutes ago.

Lazily she answered the call without opened her eyes.

“Ne~ yeoboseyo~” she whispered.

“Yahh! Wake up, sleepyhead!” she heard Yonghwa nagged in other line.

She felt so happy to hear his voice again after two months mildang. How she missed his morning call so much.

“Ne~ I’m awake right now. But don’t act like you’re a morning boy, Yong.” Seohyun replied him as she giggled, tried to look at the clock. It was still 8 AM.

“It’s still early for your holiday morning call, Yong.” Seohyun, who fully awaken, realized that this week was still New Year holiday. It was so rare for Yonghwa to call her this early. “Wae~?”

“I’m on my way to Hwacheon. There is an avalanche there.” Yonghwa answer sadly.

“Jinjja?” Seohyun was surprised by that sudden information.

Yonghwa was a Junior Chief of South Korea Red Cross. That was why he always tried to go to disaster location everytime he could.

“Be careful, Yong.” Seohyun felt so worried out of sudden.

“Of course I will. You too, just take a bath! I could smell your drool from here, jinjja.” Yonghwa replied jokingly as he chukled.

“Yahh! I wasn’t drooling!” Seohyun denied sharply. And Yonghwa just laughed harder because of that.

“Ahh, but it’s getting near. I need to hang up now, Hyun~. Mian~,” Yonghwa said sadly.

“Ahrasso~ just be careful, Yong!” Seohyun repeated her advices and it made Yonghwa chuckled again.

“Ne~ I’ll call you again, Hyun~” he bade her goodbye.

“Ne~”

And they ended their conversation.

Seohyun stretched her body for awhile before she got up from her bed and walked slowly towards her bathroom. After thirty minutes, she finished her bath and decided to join her family and had a breakfast together.

Seohyun sat between her sister and her father as they watched the television together. After that, they talked about so many things. It was her favorite moment, talking together with her family in the morning. They might be so busy but they always tried to spend their time for the family during the holiday.

They were still talking about winter festival in Taebaek Mountain when suddenly breaking news appeared on the television.

There was a subsequent avalanche of Hwacheon Mountain. One of rescue team where the Crown Prince included was stuck. And they lost contact with them for almost half an hour.

Seohyun felt like her heart just took out roughly from her chest for seconds, before it beat so crazily.

“Omo~” she couldn’t heard Seulgi just shouted to see that news.

She suddenly grabbed her phone and sent some message to Sooyeon, Jonghyun, and Joon at the same time. Without she realized it, she just trembled. Her mind was blank as she stared at her phone, waiting a reply from them.

Her father and Seulgi already watched over her but didn’t say anything. And Seohyun was too occupied to realize it too.

After a few minutes, her phone vibrated. It was call from Sooyeon.

Seohyun got up as she picked up the call and walked towards the window. She didn’t want her father heard their conversation.

“Sooyeon-ahh…”

“I’m on my way to Hwacheon, Seohyun-ahh. Do you want me to pick you up?” she said to the point.

“Ne~ please…” Seohyun said as she held her tears.

“Okay, don’t panic, Seohyun-ahh. I’ll be there in fifteen minutes, okay!” Sooyeon said again and ended their conversation.

Seohyun then ran fast towards her bedroom and took out her sweater, coat, scraf, cap and gloves from her cupboard and drawer. She changed her lazy pants then wore her sweater and coat.

She was about to get out of her room again when she looked at the velvet box on her dresser table. She didn’t think too much when she opened the box and took the necklace, after that she really got out of her room.

A new message from Sooyeon was received. She was already in front of her house.

“Appa, I need to go…” Seohyun said to her father but then she confused how to tell her reason to him. “I…need to see…my friend…” she said hesitantly but prayed inwardly that her father wouldn’t ask further.

Her father looked at her sympathetically, but then he smiled warmly. “Ne~, just be careful, My Dear.” He said and Seohyun smiled weakly after that as she kissed his cheek, felt so thankful that her father could understand her feeling very well.

Seulgi just gave her a support smile.

Then Seohyun walked towards her mother who was still busy baking the cookies in the kitchen. “Eomma, I need to go. I need to see my friend…” Seohyun gave the same reason to her mother too.

“Ne~?” her mother frowned at first, but when she saw her daughter was so pale, she then nodded. “Okay, just be careful…”

“Ne~ Eomma, thank you.” Seohyun kissed her mother cheek too, before she ran fast towards the door.

 

Her mother looked at the window to see Princess Sooyeon just picked up her daughter again.

“Do you know what happen to her?” her mother couldn’t help to not ask in the end.

But when she looked at the television, she finally understood. It must be had something to do with the prince.

What exactly the relationship between Joohyun with the Crown Prince?

 

Seohyun and Sooyeon arrived at Hwacheon Disaster Shelter after forty minutes. And they met Secretary Lee there. He said that they finally could contact the Prince’s team. They were alright, and they said that they succeed safe a haelmoni who was stuck in her house. The Prince just decided to continue his mission.

“Daenghida~” Sooyeon sighed after hear that news.

But Seohyun still couldn’t relieve yet. Truth be told, she was scared. It was true that she really wanted to protect her heart from heartache, but what had happened that day was really making her scared. She had a lot of thing to tell him. She had to tell him about her feeling. Her true feeling. She didn’t want to regret it. So she decided to wait him until he came back. Sooyeon just sighed deeply after she heard Seohyun’s wish.

Without they realized it, it was already lunch time. Seohyun and Sooyeon had a lunch together as they were waiting for Yonghwa finished his mission. They eat in silence. Actually Sooyeon was so worried because Seohyun was looked so pale. She needed to ask her if she was okay so many times, and Seohyun just smiled at her weakly.

They continued their luch, eventhough Seohyun barely touched her lunch. But suddenly there was a noise outside. They saw Secretary Lee walked fast toward the main door. Seohyun and Sooyeon got up immediately to find out what had happened.

Secretary Lee still talked in his phone as he, some royal guards, and Red Cross members waiting something. After five minutes, a car arrived in front of them, and Mr. Ham got out of the car as he carried an injured boy with him.

“One of our team was struck down by a subsequent avalanche when we were trying to safe this child. Seja Jeoha was trying to save him and he insisted me to safe this child first. I already contacted the nearest team to help him because he is alone.” Mr. Ham explained the situation very fast as he laid the boy on the ambulance stretcher. “I’ll go back to Seja Jeoha, Secretary Lee.” He added.

As the Crown Prince’s personal bodyguard, Mr. Ham should always be with him. That was why in this rescue mission, he was included in the Prince’s team too.

“Ne~ but, please inform me every ten minutes, Mr. Ham!” Secretary Lee shouted as Mr. Ham entered the car again.

Afterwards, Secretary Lee answered a call again, so Seohyun and Sooyeon couldn’t ask him about Yonghwa’s condition.

Seohyun shivered as she squeezed Sooyeon’s arm without she realized it.

“Seohyun-ahh, gwenchana?” Sooyeon asked, more worried because Seohyun was so pale as if she would be faint in any seconds.

But this time she shook her head. “An – gwenchana…” she whispered.

And Sooyeon needed to rub her hands. “Don’t worry, Seohyun-ahh. You already heard from Mr. Ham that he is fine. He is just trying to safe his team member. Let’s pray for them, okay?”

Seohyun nodded but still, she was scared. It was so strange that she didn’t cry at all. She didn’t know why she couldn’t cry even if she was scared to death like that.

“Let’s wait inside, Seohyun-ahh. It’s so cold here.” Sooyeon led Seohyun to entered the shelter again as they waited for any news there.

It was almost three hours after that. The Queen had arrived too, and Seohyun suddenly felt more scared. She refused Sooyeon suggestion to wait together with the Queen and chose to wait in her room. And Sooyeon gave up, so she said that she would tell her immediately if there were any news from Yonghwa.

But suddenly there was a noise again. Seohyun couldn’t help to look outside. She then asked to one of Red Cross member who passed by in front of her, and she got information that the Prince finished his mission and was in his way back to shelter.

And Seohyun felt her heart beat rapidly again. For the first time since the morning, she felt so relieved.

He is coming back. Thanks God, he is okay…

 

Seohyun was waiting worriedly between the crowded. She just wanted to make sure that Yonghwa was really fine. She knew that Sooyeon might be so worried too because she sneaked out of the room without told the princess before. But Seohyun couldn’t just wait in that room patiently. She promised to just see him from afar. She wouldn’t go too near.

The first car finally arrived. But it was not Yonghwa. It was someone who was saved by Yonghwa and he got a serious injured. The rescue team explained briefly to the press who gathered around him that the Prince insisted that they should ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter