Five

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their presentation was success. As expected, A+ was theirs. Professor Kim was really impressed by Seohyun and Yonghwa team work.

“You’re really such a fast learner, Seohyun-ahh. I remember you just read the slides for about ten minutes, but you could explain it all smoothly in front of Professor Kim.” Yonghwa said as he was still in awe because of Seohyun’s intelligence.

“Eiiy…you’re too exaggerated. You should know that your slides are very informative. Trust me, whoever that read your slides, they’ll be a good speaker right away.” But Seohyun complimented him back.

“But my slides are according to the materials that were collected well by you, Seohyun-ahh.” And Yonghwa didn’t want to lose.

“Okay then. It’s all because our team work, Yonghwa-yah. Keut.”

And Seohyun felt so shy out of sudden. It was her first time to call him informally like that. While Yonghwa looked so happy to hear that. He grinned widely in return.

She could see his bursting cheeks. It was so charming in her eyes.

“Aigoo~ Aigoo~ a cheesy couple just complimented each other geez…” Sooyoung butted in abruptly. “Can you guys stop being lovey dovey in front of me? It’s so annoying, you know.” she added, felt annoyed even more.

“Complimented each other and being lovey dovey are different context, Sooyoung-ahh.” Seohyun argued back.

Truth be told, she felt so shy by Sooyoung sudden comment, but she couldn’t show it in front of Yonghwa.

“But your compliments are too cheesy you know.” Sooyoung replied sharply.

Seohyun was about to reply Sooyoung’s statement, when suddenly Yonghwa said, “You guys talk about cheesy, and I suddenly feel so hungry. Do you guys still have any classes after this? Let’s get something to eat!”

Sooyoung just smiled cheekily as she suddenly said, “But I already have an appointment with my mother Yonghwa-ssi. I’m sorry, I skip this time. Maybe next time?”

Then, Yonghwa turned to Seohyun.

“Ahh…I have an appointment with Professor Park too. Mian~” Seohyun felt so sad to say that to Yonghwa who looked so disappointed.

Truth be told, she really wanted to go for lunch with him and Sooyoung but she really had to meet Professor Park. She felt uneasy too because it seemed like she always rejected all Yonghwa’s invitations to her.

“Okay, then. Don’t worry, maybe next time, right?” Yonghwa said again and tried to smile.

“Ne~ next time…”

Seohyun replied it bitterly. She felt so sad because it might be no next time for them. Their project was over. They might be not meet in the same subject anymore for next semester. But, Seohyun couldn’t do anything. She was the one who rejected him in the first place. And she already promised to herself to not regret it.

“Okay then, I’ll get going first. See you guys…” Yonghwa bade them a goodbye.

And Seohyun felt her hurt clenched hard.

It’s over…

 

On the first week of their summer vacation, Seohyun decided to just stay in Dorm. She just laid on her bed lazily as she read Sooyoung’s fashion magazine. Sooyoung, who currently single for these past months, decided to stay at the Dorm too and enjoyed watching the entertainment news.

And suddenly the news about the Crown Prince’s vacation with his royal cousins in Maldives came out. There were some pictures of them on the yacht and resort from the paparazzi.

“So, he is in his vacation with his royal cousins.” Sooyoung stated. And Seohyun just tried to not look excited about that. When the fact is she felt her heart beat rapidly at that time.

“Oohh Ock Taecyeon is spotted there too. But he is Sooyeon’s boyfriend after all.” Sooyoung commented further. Seohyun just looked briefly at the television when it showed a picture of Sooyeon with Tecyeon on the yacht, then decided to back on her magazine.

Sooyeon was Yonghwa’s closest cousin. She was the same age as him, but she was born two months earlier. She was a daughter of Prince Lee Donghwi, the King’s youngest brother. She had a younger brother. His named was Lee Jungshin. Prince Lee Jungshin was one year younger than Princess Sooyeon

“And who is she? Actress Yoon Eunhye? But she’s not there because of Crown Prince’s invitation right?” Sooyoung still continued her report.

The last sentence from Sooyoung was really making Seohyun nervous. She couldn’t help to look at the television again. If what Sooyoung said was true, she would be so sad.

“Ahh…she is there because of Jung Kyungho…” but Sooyoung voiced out the real reason in the end. And it was really making Seohyun felt so relieved. “I don’t know he is dating that actress…”

Lord Jung Kyung Ho was Yonghwa’s cousin too. He was six years older than him. He was the first son of Princess Lee Hyemyung, the King’s sister who married to The Honorable Jung In-gi, a successful businessman who was from a noble family too. Kyungho had a younger sister. Her name was Lady Jung Seungyeon. She was the same age as Princess Soojung.

“Too bad, I like him. He is basically not a playboy…” Sooyoung looked little bit broken heart with that fact.

It seemed like the Royal siblings were in vacation together with Ock Taecyeon and Yoon Eunhye. And Seohyun felt so goosebump out of sudden. The paparazzi were really no kidding. They could easily break out the Royal Guard system. She couldn’t imagine it, how if she accepted Yonghwa’s invitation back then? She and her family might be in a chaos right now.

Sooyoung who realized that Seohyun was not in a good mood, suddenly rolled her body over to the edge of her bed. She took something under her bed.

“How about this, Seohyun-ahh?” Sooyoung said as she showed a bottle of wine in her hand.

Actually, Seohyun didn’t like to drink alcohol but that day was the exception. She felt that she needed to be drunk. At least, it would help her forgetting the Prince for awhile.

“Call!” Seohyun replied cheerfully.

After that, they were drunk silently for almost fifteen minutes. They just enjoyed the wine without spoke to each other at all. But in the end, it was Sooyoung who broke the ice first.

“Do you remember our conversation when we still in middle school, Seohyun-ahh? About our dream husbands?” Sooyoung asked out of sudden.

Seohyun smiled to hear that, before she nodded in return.

“You said that you wish your future husband is a mature man, who very gentleman and modest. But he should have a big dream…” Sooyoung started.

Seohyun giggled by Sooyoung words. It was true, she really dreamt about that back then. It was when she fell head over the heels in love with Jung Yunho, her first love. She felt that Yunho was a perfect man who matched well with her ideal type of man.

“And you dream of a very handsome chaebol as your future husband.” Seohyun finally replied her.

Sooyoung laughed hard because of that.

“Yep, that was true. I knew that it was so absurd but deep inside my heart, I’m still hoping that it will come true one day.” Sooyoung said honestly.

“Yeah, at least your innocent dream is not vanished like mine.” Seohyun stated bitterly.

“Yahh! You must be grateful because you broke up with him. That jerk Jung Yunho is not worthy for you. He is just so lucky that Kwon Boa loves him so much.” Sooyoung tried to cheer Seohyun up.

Yep, that was true. I’m so grateful because of that. Seohyun said inwardly.

“And if you think it logically. It was so understandable for him to choose Kwon Boa over me because SM Airlines could support his company more than SAM.” Seohyun said as she giggled. She might be felt so hurt by Yunho’s betrayal but after she finally could get over him, it was sounded so funny for her.

“Yep Rise Maintenance Facility needs plane to be maintained than aerospace parts.” Sooyoung added. And they laughed so hard because of that

“So, you really broke up with Siwon Oppa?” Seohyun suddenly remembered about Sooyoung’s problem.

“Yep, I can’t bear with him anymore. And I’m tired of handsome chaebols around me. Maybe I should find a beggar who has a big heart. Hiks…” Sooyoung who already be drunk started to whine.

“Yahh! Don’t be like that, Sooyoung-ahh. Don’t waste your time to feel that way for someone unworthy like them. Come on, you’re too pretty to be miserable because of love.” It was Seohyun who cheered Sooyoung up.

“Ne~ we are too pretty for that…” Sooyoung giggled as she sipped her wine again. “But are you okay, Seohyun-ahh? About Changmin Oppa...?”

Seohyun sighed by Sooyoung sudden question. Yep, truth be told, Seohyun felt so broken heart two months ago when she heard that Changmin finally decided to be engaged with someone else. She felt that he betrayed her. It was true that the one who asked for breaking up was Seohyun, because she couldn’t believe in long distance relationship. People hearts were changed so easily. She didn’t want what had happened to her years ago was repeated again. But Changmin said that his feeling to her wouldn’t change. That was why Seohyun felt so sad to hear that news.

“It’s really surprised me too. But, I’m okay now. Jinjja.” Seohyun said honestly.

“Good then.” Sooyoung felt so relieved because of that.

“So, how about the prince?” after beating around the bush, Sooyoung finally asked this question.

Seohyun really took a deep breath this time. She didn’t answer her right away, tried to consider her answer.

“I don’t know…“ but Seohyun couldn’t find a word to describe her feeling toward the Prince.

PUKKK!@#$%

“Yahh! Ap–paaaa, Sooyoung-ahh! Why you hit me out of sudden?” Seohyun protested when Sooyoung hit her head abruptly.

“I really mean with my question, you know! But your answer is so disappointing, geez…” Sooyoung replied her sharply.

“But jinjja, I really don’t know.” Seohyun insisted. “Honestly, I’m so scared, Sooyoung-ahh. What if I’m just a summer fling for him? I don’t want to be hurt again.”

Seohyun took a deep breath again before continued, “When he asked me out that night, without hesitation I rejected him. And I really tried to not regret it but seems like I regretted it already…but I really want to protect my heart…” Seohyun finally throwing out her worries that she kept for this whole month alone.

Damn! Seohyun mumbled jittery. Without she realized it she just told her what had happened that night.

It must be the wine effect. She blamed the wine as she grumbled inwardly.

But Sooyoung didn’t reply her right away. Seohyun needed to look at her best friend to find out her reaction.

“Wae?” Sooyoung asked Seohyun who stared at her nervously. “I’m not surprised, you know. I already could predict it. I knew the Prince interest in you since that night. And I know you would reject him. But there’s no point to become mad and call you babbo because you’re indeed a babbo.”

“Yahh!” Seohyun offended by Sooyoung nonchalant statement.

“A normal girl wouldn’t reject him, you know. Come on, he is a Crown Prince. But as I told you before, I can understand it because you’re a babbo.” Sooyoung repeated her statement in the end.

And Seohyun felt so upset because of that.

“So…you regretted it?” but Sooyoung asked gently in the end.

“…….” Seohyun didn’t reply her right away but, “….ne…”

And Sooyoung took Seohyun’s glass abruptly and poured the wine in her glass. “Just forget it for today, Seohyun-ahh. Here, drink the wine!” Sooyoung handed back the glass to Seohyun who make a cry expression.

“Don’t be sad! I know he is too good to be true. Let’s just enjoy the wine. And cheers for our realistic future husband!” Sooyoung shouted cheerfully.

“Ne~! For a very handsome chaebol husband!” Seohyun added.

And Sooyoung laughed because of that, then said again, “And for a mature, wise, gentleman, and modest husband!”

“One shot!” Seohyun shouted.

They drunk the wine together, then they laughed harder after that.

But suddenly, Seohyun’s phone vibrated. It was from Seulgi.

When Seohyun opened the message, it was a picture of shirtless Yonghwa who posed with a girl. The message from Seulgi was:

Seems like the Prince just enjoying the pool party with Liu Wen in Maldives. Look at his arms…

And when Seohyun looked at the picture, Seulgi was right. Yonghwa’s right hand was on her waist as he smiled happily.

Seohyun cried at the moment.

“Wae – wae?” Sooyoung asked as she took Seohyun’s phone. She clucked her tongue before said, “Just forget that playboy Prince, Seohyun-ahh! Let’s find another prince! There’re still so many charming princes out there!”

“Hueeeee….”

They were totally drunk…

 

***

 

Yonghwa sat beside Sooyeon, who laid on the yacht, enjoyed her sunbathing time, then handed a glass of orange juice to her.

“Thanks!” Sooyeon said shortly as she took the juice, then she sipped it.

It was their third day in Maldives, and Sooyeon still obsessed to get her skin tanned.

“Are you still upset because I and Kyungho Oppa brought Taec and Eunhye Unnie without told you first?” Sooyeon asked abruptly.

Truth be told, Yonghwa felt so upset in the first day when he knew that Sooyeon brought her boyfriend to their vacation. And when Kyungho arrived with Yoon Eunhye, Yonghwa felt upset even more. It was because he tried to ask Seohyun too, but too bad she rejected him.

“Ani~” he replied shortly as he laid down beside her too.

“Then why don’t you ask Seohyun to join us too?” Sooyeon asked further.

“I did. But you know her, she rejected me again…”

And Sooyeon laughed hard because of that. “I think you get so many lessons from Seohyun these days. That’s why being a Prince is not everything, Yonghwa-yahh. But you should understand her. She hurt so many times from her previous relationships. She just wants a realistic relationship, not a fairytale.”

“What? Jinjja?” Yonghwa surprised by the fact about Seohyun’s love live.

“You don’t kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter