Eighteen

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was right 9 PM, when Yonghwa finally arrived in his mansion. The gathering between Korean students in Machine No. 3 was started right at 5 PM. But what Bora had done, made him should go out of that bar early.

She is really crazy! Yonghwa mumbled inwardly ash he threw his jacket to the couch.

He really felt so uneasy with what happened. He was so sure that paparazzi already got what they wanted. And he blamed himself again for being so reckless like that.

“Why am I so stupid???” he mumbled in exasperation tone.

He just hoped it wouldn’t be so bad.

But suddenly his phone rang. It was from Secretary Lee. He was stunned at first, before he exhaled deeply.

It seems like what I was afraid of happening, happened…he concluded inwardly, then answer the call.

“Have you reached home, Jeoha?” Secretary Lee asked carefully.

“Ne~, Hyung.” Yonghwa chose to drop honorific as he sat weakly on his bed. “Just tell me what happen.” he said to the point.

He heard Secretary Lee took a deep breath before he said, “An article with your picture and Yoon Bora was sent to us, Jeoha. They intend to release it at 8 AM KST.”

Mwo?! They move so fast, geez…he cursed inwardly.

“But…8 AM KST? Are they crazy? It’s less than three hours. Aren't they usually informing us at least one day before they release it?” Yonghwa asked in angry tone.

“Ye~, Jeoha. They usually did that. But this time is exception. They still will release it, except we deny it, Jeoha. But as so you know that…”

“Royal won’t give any confirmations about this, right?” Yonghwa cut it off as he clenched his phone tightly. He really wanted to throw it at that time.

“Ye~, Jeoha.” Secretary Lee replied him simply.

For the first time in his life, Yonghwa hated the Royal rule about being neutral for every scandal they got…so much.

“Can we just deny it?” Yonghwa knew actually this question was useless but he still wanted to try it.

He was so sure that paparazzi knew about Royal who wouldn’t confirm any scandals of Royal families. They just tried to act as if they still respect the journalistic ethics by confirming first to Royal before they released it.

“I’m afraid we can’t, Jeoha. Mianhamnida.”

Yonghwa clenched his jaw, tried holding his anger. “And which portal news that will release it, Hyung?” he couldn’t help to ask it in the end.

“Flash Korea, Jeoha.”

As expected from cheap paparazzi like them! He cursed inwardly again but then took a very deep breath to calm himself.

“Does…Eomoni…?” Yonghwa couldn’t even continue his question.

It was so fortunate that Secretary Lee understood his incomplete question. So he said, “Ye~, Jeoha. I’m sure Mama already knew about this too. She maybe will call you right after our conversation ends.”

How I wish I can talk with Joohyun before Eomoni calls me…Yonghwa prayed inwardly.

He then really ended his conversation with Secretary Lee because he really needed to explain it to Seohyun before that article was released.

But when he was about to call Seohyun, his phone rang again. And it was from his mother.

He suddenly felt like want to crush his phone to the wall at that time. He felt so regret to not break it right after he ended his conversation with Seohyun.

But he knew that he couldn’t avoid his mother. He took several seconds to calm himself after that, before he answered it.

His mother told him how disappointed she was. He just started supporting his father in every King’s duty, so he became the center of public attention recently. They might still didn’t know how public would react about that article, but it still would effect his good image.

Yonghwa just exhaled deeply when he remembered the picture that Secretary Lee had sent it to him. It showed how Yoon Bora hugged him from behind and kissed his neck shamelessly.

It was so inappropriate for him as a Crown Prince, especially in front of South Korea people. He never caught in scandal with shameful pose like that before. Even with Suzy, he never showed too much public display affection like that.

This article could really bad for him.

Yonghwa couldn’t defend himself because it was pure his recklessness. And his mother told him that Royal wouldn’t shield him too. He needed to clear his name by himself and brought back people trust no matter what. And Yonghwa promised his mother to solve this matter as soon as he could and he would act more carefully from that time.

And after his conversation with his mother ended, Yonghwa looked at the clock again. It was still one hour to go before it was released. So he tried to call Seohyun again. But he was so surprised when his phone was ringing again. But seeing Secretary Lee’s name as the caller was making his heart beat more rapidly.

What happen again this time? Geez…he screamed inwardly before he answered it.

“Jeoseonghamnida, Jeoha. But they released it earlier than what they told to us before.” Secretary Lee said in a hurry.

“M – mwo?” Yonghwa was really surprised.

“Ye~ Jeoha. They broke their promise. I’m on my way to your mansion right now.” Secretary informed him before they ended their conversation again.

Damn you, FK! Yonghwa screamed again inwardly as he tried to throw his phone. But he held it as he remembered something.

Joohyun…

He then tried to call her but a few seconds after that, his heart suddenly sank. Seohyun’s phone was not active. He didn’t even have a chance to warn her or say anything to her. He felt so helpless.

“D – DAMN!!!” he shouted his desperation in the end.

But he knew it perfectly that being mad wouldn’t solve anything. He was raised to always be calm in every situation. He needed to stay calm.

Let’s think clearly, Yonghwa-yahh! Then find the solution…he said to himself. But then he suddenly remembered something.

Shinhye…

 

***

 

Seohyun didn’t know if she was really sick because of tiredness or because of brokenheart. But she felt so weak that day. Her mother already asked her to call Dr. Lee Chihoon, her family’s doctor, but Seohyun refused it by saying that she was okay, she just needed more rest. And her mother knew that she was so stubborn and gave up in the end.

After her mother left her room, she started crying again. What Yonghwa had done to her was too painful to be handled.

She actually understood his feeling and his anger last night. She was sure that it would be solved when they could think more clearly. They just need time.

But Yonghwa betrayed her.

The moment she saw his picture with Yoon Bora, she threw her phone right away. It broke into pieces. She thought that it would better to break it so she couldn’t see that picture again, but what she got was more painful than that…she just realized that her heart was broken too…

How come he did that to me…she asked inwardly as she clenched her chest tightly, couldn’t bear the pain in her heart.

If he did that because of he’s so sick of me, then why don’t he asked for break up? He’s so cruel…she still didn’t know why he did that to her.

But whatever his reason…he success breaking me…she admitted it sadly and kept crying until she felt so tired. She then fell asleep not long after that.

She was awoken right at dinner time. Her mother forced her to eat something before she took another medicine. But she just could eat three spoons since she felt so nausea. And her mother swore to call Dr Lee if tomorrow morning she didn’t look any better because of that.

She actually thought that sleeping was much better for her. She felt like she wanted to cry again if she woke up. But she couldn’t cry in front of her mother. She knew that her family knew too about the Prince’s scandal. She just felt so grateful that they didn’t ask her about that matter at all.

I even can’t face my family because of this…I feel so ashamed to look at Eomma’s eyes…Seohyun suddenly felt so hurt even more. She couldn’t imagine what her parents felt when they saw that pictures.

When finally her mother left her room again, suddenly someone knocked the door again.

The door was knocked then it was opened from outside.

“…” Seohyun didn’t say anything when she saw her little sister, Seulgi, entered her room with a strange expression. She then waited for her sister to say something.

But Seulgi shouted abruptly, “Eonni! Mianhaeyo!” before she rushed closer to her and put her phone on Seohyun’s lap, then she sprinted out of the room in a flash.

Seohyun was surprised and couldn’t digest right away what had happened, before suddenly…

“Hyun-ahh…”

The voice that was heard from Seulgi’s phone on her lap, suddenly made her heart skipped beat. And it thumped rapidly until it felt so painful.

“Hyun~ Joohyun-ahh…” he repeated from the other line.

Seohyun choked in between sad and anger. She couldn’t even decide, should she cry or burst into anger right away.

“Hyun-ahh please, don’t be mad at Seulgi after this.” He said carefully. “I begged to her. She just wanted to help me…”

But Seohyun didn’t say anything. She just looked at the phone with full of anger as her tears started flowing soundlessly.

“Hyun~ Jebal…don’t be like this. Say something…” he begged.

And Seohyun still didn’t reply him.

Oh God…she missed his voice but it made her upset so much.

“Mian for hurting you that night and mian for hurting you again this morning. About that picture…at least please hear my explanation, Hyun-ahh. It was just a trap. Please, trust me. Bora was…”

Andwae! Seohyun screamed inwardly. She didn’t want to hear anything about that picture.

“Geumanhae…” Seohyun cut it off coldly, but her tears were still flowing on her cheeks.

“Hyun-ahh…jebal…”

“Stop it…jebal.” She said as she choked by crying. “…there’s no point to explain it…everything that you tell me will sounded like an excuse. So, geumanhae…I really can’t think clearly right now…even hearing your voice…I hate it so much…”

She couldn’t help to tell him everything that she felt in the end. She actually had so many things in her mind but she couldn’t even talk properly at that time. She was too emotional.

And Yonghwa just silenced. It seemed like he was shocked by Seohyun’s confession.

But she didn’t want to cry in front of him. So when she thought that she couldn’t hold it any longer, she ended the call immediately and turned the phone off.

Oh God, He devastated me…why do I have to love him this much?

And she cried harder after that until she fell asleep again. She felt so glad that the medicine effect made her sleep easily.

It was nearly midnight when Seohyun was awoken because of a strange sound. She didn’t open her eyes, but she knew that someone just entered her room again. She heard a little noisy near her table then she suddenly said. “Don’t ever do that again, Seulgi-yahh. Or I won’t talk to you again for the rest of my life…”

Seohyun opened her eyes and saw her sister just froze in front of her. She looked so surprised. It seemed like Seulgi thought Seohyun was sleeping.

“Ne~, mianhaeyo, Eonni…” she said softly and walked out of her room after that.

And Seohyun became teary again.

She suddenly remembered what Yunho had done to her. Yunho cheated on his girlfriend, Boa who studied abroad at that time, by dating her. And Changmin couldn’t stand for being alone and fell in love with someone else in the end, when he already promised to come back for her. He begged for her forgiveness until he kneeled down in front of her. But she still felt so hurt if she remembered about that.

Why do I have to feel this pain again?

She cried and cried until a sudden headache hit her again. She didn’t know what happened to her. She felt her room was spinning around and the headache was getting worse until she screamed lightly. She felt like her vision suddenly became blurry…

…before she finally lost her consciousness.

 

***

 

“Okay then, I’ll be there soon.” Yonghwa ended his phone call as he exhaled deeply.

It was already two days since that scandal released. Yonghwa finally got Shinhye’s phone number and called her to arrange a meeting.

“What did she say?” Joon asked him right away. They were in living room together.

Secretary Lee had canceled Yonghwa’s Royal schedule for a week ahead due to this matter. So Yonghwa just did his dissertation and focus on fixing this scandal.

“She agreed to meet me. But she doesn’t want to get into scandal with me. So, I’ll go to Oxford this afternoon.” He explained shortly.

“Daenghida~ I hope she can help you.” Jonghyun added in relieved.

“Does Seohyun still couldn’t be reached?” Joon asked ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter