Eight

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa was getting mad when Seohyun for nth times ignored his calls. He didn’t know what happened with her but he could predict it. If it was because of he didn’t contact her during his trip to Europe, it was definitely not because he didn’t even try. He didn’t drop his phone intentionally. And he didn’t know that her L*NE was error at that time so his message was not delivered at all. He regretted to not contact her via SNS’s private message. But still, he had tried.

But if it was because of his news with Makiko, she should ask him directly and not acting childish like that.

He already tried to ask Sooyoung but she was sounded so clueless with what had happened. It was seemed like Seohyun didn’t tell anything to Sooyoung too.

How he really wanted to meet her and asked her directly. But it was still next week for him to meet her, according to their schedule.

But then he decided to just meet her tomorrow. He really needed to clear all of their misunderstandings. He know it was could be so dangerous for them, and he still worry for her safety so he called Joon to accompany him to meet Seohyun.

 

***

 

Seohyun still tried to look okay even if her heart was hurt. She didn’t want to tell Sooyoung about this. And it was just Seulgi who knew about this matter. Sooyoung realized that Seohyun acted so different but Seohyun lied to her and just told her that she was sick. It was so fortunate that Sooyoung was busy preparing her sister wedding, so even if she found it strange, she didn’t ask too much.

That day, after her last class Seohyun had a lunch together with Sooyoung in cafeteria. She just finished her sandwich and was checking her phone, when suddenly Sooyoung said, “Yahh, Seohyun-ahh! Why don’t you tell me that you have appointment to meet the Prince today?”

“Mwo~?” Seohyun couldn’t digest what Sooyoung had said.

“Yonghwa and Joon are walking towards us…”

Seohyun shocked by Sooyoung sudden information and looked around. She saw Yonghwa and Joon were walking towards them.

“Yooww! Long time no see, guys!” Lee Joon greeted them cheerfully. It was so contrasted with gloomy Yonghwa beside him.

“Yahh! Joon-ahh, how have you been?” Sooyoung greeted him back as they sat in front of them.

For these past weeks, Joon rarely hang out with them, it was always Jonghyun and Sooyeon who accompanying the prince.

“Wae – wae? Do you miss me?” Joon asked jokingly then Sooyoung hit him hard. Yonghwa and Seohyun just chuckled to see them like that.

“How are you, Hyun?” Yonghwa finally asked.

Seohyun sighed before she answered, “I’m so busy these days because I helped my mother for her charity project.” Seohyun tried to look as cheerful as she could.

“Jinjja? I don’t know you’re active in your mother foundation.” Yonghwa commented coldly and it succeed make the situation became awkward.

Sooyoung coughed lightly because of that and Joon offered a bottle of water to her, then they made their own conversation, left Yonghwa and Seohyun.

“How are you?” Seohyun asked hesitantly. She needed to break the ice around them.

“Fine.” Yonghwa still replied her coldly. “I thought there is a problem with your phone until you couldn’t answer my call, but it seems because of you’re busy.” He added.

“Ne~ mian~ I couldn’t reply your message right away because of that. And I always missed the timing to pick up your call. Mian~” She felt so mad at him at first but she didn’t know why she felt so guilty in the end.

Yonghwa chuckled to hear that. And after that they were silenced again.

Seohyun didn’t know what to do. And Yonghwa silenced didn’t help at all. This side of him really made her confused. She couldn’t tell him or ask him freely because there were Sooyoung and Joon beside them.

In the middle of their silenced, suddenly someone tapped Seohyun’s back lightly.

“Sorry for interrupting all of you.” Kim Kibum apologized to them at first, before he said to Seohyun. “Seohyun-ssi, Professor Park is waiting for you in her office right now. She was wondering why you didn’t reply her message.”

“Ohh.” Seohyun was surprised and spontaneously grabbed her phone. She was checking her phone before Yonghwa came but then forgot to reply Professor Park message.

“But I’m so surprised, Seohyun-ssi. I don’t know that you are chosen as one of three DGU students who get that scholarship together with me and Lee Jinki-ssi…”

Yahh! What is he talking about? Seohyun became panic out of sudden. She looked at Yonghwa who looked so surprised by that information.

Damn! Why does he talk about that in front of Yonghwa? Seohyun cursed inwardly because she had not told Yonghwa about this yet.

And what she was worrying so much was becoming true. Yonghwa looked at her with his sadly eyes. He was looked so…disappointed…

“Congrats, Seohyun-ssi. I hope we’ll be good friends from now on. Because in England, it will just us…” Kim Kibum still talked non stop. How Seohyun wanted to shut his mouth at that time.

But after several minutes, Kibum finally understood that Seohyun didn’t reply his congratulation. He realized that he might be made a mistake. So, he suddenly bade them a goodbye.

Seohyun just took a deep breath after Kibum left. Sooyoung coughed again because of their uncomfortable silenced. And Joon should offer her a bottle of water again just to make himself looked busy.

“Just go, Seohyun-ahh. Professor Park is waiting for you.” Yonghwa said as he smiled at her. A bitter smile.

And Seohyun suddenly wanted to cry because of that. He misunderstood…

“Okay then, we’ll get going, Seohyun-ahh, Sooyoung-ahh. See you again next week~” Yonghwa bade them a goodbye as he got out of his sat and walked fast toward cafeteria door with Joon who ran to catch him.

“You haven’t told him?” Sooyoung finally asked worriedly.

Seohyun who sat weakly in her spot just shook her head lightly. “I thought I didn’t need to tell him because I won’t take that scholarship though~” she said as she stammered, held her tears. “But still, he looked so disappointed…”

 

***

 

Yonghwa laid his body on his bed as he was thinking. He was so mad because Seohyun avoided him, but he felt so disappointed when he knew that Seohyun got a scholarship but she didn’t even tell him.

He felt so stupid out of sudden. He felt so happy that Seohyun finally opened her heart for him. He even told her everything about him. But it seemed that he was wrong, because she didn’t even think that he was important.

He hurt by the fact that he knew about that news from someone else. Not from her directly.

But he felt more afraid with the fact that she would be far from him for at least two years.

Should I give up?

He knew that Seohyun have a right to not choose him. But he needed her…so much…

Yonghwa was in dilemma. He held himself to not call her but he really wanted to hear her explanation.

He then took a deep a breath before decided to call her.

He didn’t expect her to pick up his call after what she did these days. But it was surprised him when she finally answered it.

“Yeoboseyo~” he heard her greeted him hesitantly.

Yonghwa felt so relieved and just sighed before said, “You finally answer my call.”

“Ne~” she just replied shortly.

“I don’t know if I should be happy or not.” Yonghwa added after their several seconds they silenced.

“Mian~” she still replied him shortly.

Yonghwa took a deep breath again. He tried his best to hold his emotion but he really wanted to know why she didn’t tell him anything. And why she suddenly avoided him these past weeks. It was really driving him crazy.

“So if your friend didn’t bring up that topic, you won’t ever tell me?” he asked coldly.

“It’s not like that Yong…” Seohyun tried to explain it when Yonghwa suddenly cut her off.

“Then why did you avoid me all this time?”

“Yong~”

“I feel so stupid you know.” Yonghwa stated as he took a deep breath. “I told you everything. I thought you trust me like I trust you. But it seems like I’m not that important to you.”

“Can you listen to my explanation first?” Seohyun was sounded desperate. “It’s not like I’m not gonna tell you. I…”

“…yet you don’t tell me, Hyun~”

“Lee Yonghwa. Please~” Seohyun was so exasperated. “Don’t be childish…”

“Childish? Do you think avoided me is not childish too?” Yonghwa really couldn’t hold his anger anymore.

He heard Seohyun took a very deep breath before she said, “There is no point to talk about this any farther. Let’s cool down first, Yong. And talk again when we’re calmer. Jebal~” She stammered. It seemed like she was going to cry.

Yonghwa took a deep breath because of that. He felt so guilty towards her. “You think that we need time?” he finally asked.

“Ne~ jebal~” she whispered her reply.

Yonghwa exhaled and said. “You’re right. Let’s talk again later. But I prefer not in the phone.” He felt so tired out of sudden.

Seohyun didn’t reply him right away, but after several seconds she finally said. “Ne~”

The next month, he would be busied by his Royal schedules. There were so many things that he should do in Christmas and New Year day. So he just could meet her after New Year.

“Let’s meet again after New Year. I’ll call you and I hope you’ll come.” Yonghwa felt so sad with the fact that he couldn’t meet her for the next two months. But it was necessary.

“Okay~” she agreed.

Yonghwa took a deep breath again before bade her a goodbye with a heavy heart. “Okay then, good night, Hyun~. See you and take care~”

She didn’t reply him right away. “Ne~” she replied shortly. But Yonghwa could hear she was choked, she held her cry.

Yonghwa felt so hurt to hear her crying but then he realized that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter