Twelve

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa decided to greet Seohyun’s parents as soon as he could because start the next month he would focus on his thesis. He regretted to not finish it soon so he couldn’t graduate together with Seohyun in February next month. That was why, he needed to finish it soon so he could have some months before he graduated in August and continue his study abroad. He wanted to spent more times with Seohyun before he went to London.

He knew that Seohyun felt it was too soon for them. But Yonghwa felt that it was necessary. He just wanted to show his sincerity to Seohyun and her parents. He was really serious and didn’t intend to play around with Seohyun’s feeling, despite the fact they were still young.

Seohyun finally told him that her parents were available in Friday afternoon. So Yonghwa asked Secretary Lee about his own schedule that day. Actually, it was so rare for him to have Royal schedule in weekdays, but he still needed to make sure.

And when the Friday came, Yonghwa couldn’t help to feel so nervous. After his last class, he went back to his home right away. He prepared what he should wear and asked some opinions to Mr. Ham. In the end he chose to wear a black shirt and black jeans with grey sweater. He thought that it was casual enough for himself.

It was right 5 PM when Yonghwa finally left his house with Mr. Ham’s car, again. He couldn’t use his own car because it must be too obvious. While Mr. Ham used another car and he just followed him behind, like he always did when Yonghwa with Seohyun.

But it surprised him so much when he finally arrived in front of Seohyun’s house. Seo family was indeed a very down to earth family. SAM was included in 10 biggest companies in South Korea, but their mansion was not like rich people’s mansion in common. They had a very nice mansion but still, it was too modest for their level. And Yonghwa felt so proud of them because of that.

But not long after that, the nervousness just hit him again. He might be a Crown Prince, but still, he was just an ordinary boy, who would greet his girlfriend’s parents, at that time. Beside, it was his first time. But he encourage himself in the end as he parked the car. At least, he already met Mr. Seo before, and he was a warm person. So, he believed that everything would be okay.

He wore a black cap again, before he went out of the car. He still needed to be careful of paparazzi. He didn’t want to take a risk and let himself being caught that day.

When he stood in front of the main door, Yonghwa took a deep breath again then pressed the bell. He checked again the bags in his arms, worried he missed something. But no, all the gifts were there.

He felt his hands became sweaty, and when he heard Seohyun’s voice that said, “Ahh wasseo…”. He finally grinned widely.

Not long after that, Seohyun opened the door. He felt like he just sipped a warm chocolate when he saw pretty Seohyun in front of his eyes. She was looked so gorgeous as always. But he needed to hold himself.

“How do I look?” Yonghwa whispered nervously to her.

“Don’t worry, you’re perfect.” Seohyun replied in whisper too. “But…why do you bring so many things?” she asked when he looked at the bags in Yonghwa’s arm.

But Yonghwa just grinned widely.

“Ahh…annyeonghaseyo~” Yonghwa greeted someone who he guessed as Seohyun’s mother.

“Annyeong…haseyo~” she looked so nervous when she saw Yonghwa too. But then Seohyun called her, “Eoma…”

So Yonghwa continued to introduce himself. “Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Seo. Lee Yonghwa imnida. Mannaseo bangapseumnida…” Yonghwa said as he bowed politely.

“Ahh, ne~ hwanyoung hamnida~” Seohyun’s mother replied him nervously and it succeed made Seohyun giggled.

“Come in,” Seohyun finally said.

After Yonghwa hung on his coat and wore room slipper, Seohyun led him to living room where her father was sitting there together with Seulgi.

“Annyeonghaseyo~ Mr. Seo. Oraenmanimnida.” Yonghwa greeted Seohyun’s father politely as he bowed lightly.

“Ahh…annyeonghaseyo~. Long time no see~.” Seohyun’s father replied him warmly as he got up and shook his hand with Yonghwa. “Please have a seat~”

“Ne~ kamsahamnida.” Yonghwa’s eyes then met Seulgi’s. “Ahh, annyeong~ Seulgi-yahh.”

“Annyeonghaseyo~” Seulgi replied cheerfully as she got up and walked towards the kitchen to help her mother.

“Ahh, I’m so sorry if I didn’t bring anything. But this is herbal medicines and vitamins.” Yonghwa then gave his presents.

“Ahh, you don’t need to bring anything, Dear~” Seohyun’s mother who just joined them said worriedly as she gave Yonghwa a warm cup of coffee.

“Ahh gomapseumnida,” Yonghwa took the cup happily. “But don’t worry, it doesn’t matter.”

It surprised him so much when Seohyun’s parents acted naturally in front of him. He was worried at first, what if they felt uncomfortable around him. And he felt so grateful because of that.

“Ahh, and this is for you, Mrs. Seo. I hope you’ll like it.” Yonghwa gave her another present.

“Aigoo~ you give us a lot…” Seohyun’s mother looked so nervous again but he could see her wide smile as she opened the box. It was a Gucci beige scarf. “Thank you so much, Dear~. I love the color so much…”

Daenghida~

“And I heard you love reading so much, Mr. Seo. I hope this book can fill your leasure time.” Yonghwa then gave Seohyun’s father a present too. “And Seulgi too. I hope it matches your taste.” he gave Seulgi a Coach light gold zip wallet.

“Aigoo~ thank you so much~” Seohyun’s father smiled warmly as he took the present. And Seulgi too, she took it happily.

But then Yonghwa’s eyes met Seohyun’s eyes. He surprised so much when he realized that he didn’t prepare anything for his girlfriend.

Geez…I forgot her…he cursed inwardly as he saw Seohyun’s eyes as she expected something from him but he didn’t have anything for her. Yonghwa was too excited preparing so many presents for Seohyun’s family and totally forgot about her. And in the end, he looked at her with his apologetic stare and a guilty smile.

He could see her became sad, but she tried her best to hide her disappointment.

And without he realized it, Seohyun’s mother caught it all.

“Aigoo, don’t be like that, Joohyun-ahh. He already tried his best, you should proud of him.” Her mother said abruptly.

“Mian~ Joohyun-ahh…” he finally apologized to her. And Seohyun just smile, even if her smile didn’t reach her eyes. Yonghwa then chuckled to see her like that.

She is really cute…he said inwardly as he grinned cheekily.

After that, Seohyun left him with her father as she joined her mother and Seulgi in the kitchen. They decided to not let Aeri ahjumma and Dajung to prepare all of this, and let them to take a holiday that day.

Yonghwa talked about so many things with Seohyun’s father, from SAM current condition until the plan of South Korea on helping some developing countries to make their own plane with SAM that included in that project.

Not long after that, the dinner was finally ready and they had dinner together. Yonghwa praised Seohyun’s mother for the dinner. Seohyun told them about Yonghwa’s cooking skill in return, but in the end Seohyun got teased by her family because she was the worst cook between them and Yonghwa laughed so hard because of that.

Yonghwa was so happy that Seohyun’s family was really a warm family. They were like normal family in common and didn’t act too fancy. He felt so grateful that his girlfriend was from a good family.

“I heard you and Joohyun are friend since the first year.” Seohyun’s father said abruptly.

Yonghwa was enjoying the night scenery from Seohyun’s family balcony when Seohyun’s father suddenly appeared. Seohyun and her mother were preparing the fruit in the kitchen.

“Ahh Ne~, Mr. Seo. But we’re just casual friend back then.” Yonghwa replied as he recalled the first time he met Seohyun.

“And Joohyun said that both of you decided to keep your relationship a secret. It must be hard for you.” Mr. Seo added worriedly.

“Aniyo~ Mr. Seo. We’ll try our best. Beside Joohyun is not ready for go public. I want to protect her as much as I can.” Yonghwa said as he smiled sadly.

Seohyun’s father then smiled fatherly towards him. “I hope you will still enjoy your life, Son. You’re still young. Don’t worry about Joohyun. She knows what she should do…” Mr. Seo said again.

“…and don’t break your parents’s heart, Son. We don’t know about the future. And I’ll always pray for the best of you and Joohyun. But what happen in the future, I hope you won’t break your parents’s heart…”

THUMP!

Yonghwa was surprised by Seohyun’s father words. He worried. And Yonghwa could understand it perfectly. He just worried. He was just being realistic at that time. He was right that they still didn’t know about the future. But it made him a little bit sad too.

And Yonghwa was surprised that Seohyun’s father advised him to not break his parents.

He’s really a good Appa…Yonghwa admitted it inwardly.

“Ne~…Abeonim…I’ll try my best.” Yonghwa finally said, repeated the words that he always used to cheer himself. He could see Seohyun’s father was surprised by Yonghwa’s new endearment towards him. But he smiled in the end, didn’t mind Yonghwa called him with that.

“Good, Yonghwa-yahh.”

THUMP! It was Yonghwa who was surprised. But he was so happy to hear that. He didn’t know why but it really made him happy.

“Thank you, Abeonim…” he said sincerely. Seohyun’s father then patted Yonghwa’s back warmly.

 

***

 

The next day, Seohyun’s mother was still spazzing about Yonghwa who called her ‘Eomonim’ in the end. She said that she felt nervous to be called like that, but she looked really happy.

That day was Saturday. After they finished their breakfast, then they just decided to enjoy their morning with talked together in living room as they watched the television together too. But suddenly the Royal interview about the upcoming 25th wedding anniversary of the King and the Queen was released. One of the interviewee was Lee Yonghwa who shared about his parents in daily. But it was wedding anniversary, so the topic about marriage for him was mentioned too in the end. The MC asked him about his planning on marriage.

“It’s true that my father married my mother when he was 25 years old back then. And it’s a lie if I never think about it, besides everyone around me asked me about this matter too. But times have changed. People’s mind is always changing too. Many people don’t think about married young these days. I think that I need to learn more before I settled down. And I want to give my future wife more times to do everything she wants to do before she ends up with me. So, I’m not in a rush.” Yonghwa replied him calmly and smoothly.

“You talked as if you already have someone in your mind, Seja Jeoha…” but the MC didn’t pass this chance easily and started to in the end.

“Ne~?” Yonghwa suddenly panic. “I – I just said that in general, Park Shihoo-ssi. Don’t overthink..” Yonghwa replied him in a rush. His expression was so funny. It was totally different from before. And it made everyone around him chuckled in the end. As always, he was too transparent.

“He didn’t deny he doesn’t have someone until the end…” Seulgi commented as she giggled. And Seohyun just blushed because of that.

Not long after that, Seulgi left them to finish her homeworks in her room. Left Joohyun with her parents.

But then suddenly Seohyun remembered that she needed to tell her parents something.

“Appa, Eomma, Yonghwa might be say that we’ll try our best. But still, future is beyond our control. I hope Appa and Eomma won’t expect anything yet…” Seohyun said right to the point. She was afraid that her parents would expect something from their relationship after Yonghwa greeted them yesterday. She knew very well that her parents would always support her, as long as she was happy. But still, she didn’t want to disappoint them. They still didn’t know about the future.

Her parents then looked at each others, before they smiled to her as her mother grabbed Seohyun’s hand.

“Your life is your own life, Joohyun-ahh. Don’t worry about us. We just hope you’ll enjoy your relationship. Don’t think too much,” Her mother said cheerfully.

“Ne, Joohyun-ahh, as parents, we just wish you all the best. We hope you’ll always be happy. So, don’t worry about it. Just enjoy your life. And remember, no matter what happens in the future, we’ll always be here to support you.” Her father added.

Seohyun became teary again because of that. She knew that her parents were worried, and yet she loved Yonghwa so much. She felt so sorry for making them worried.

“Thank you Appa, Eomma.” Seohyun felt so touched. They always supported her no matter what.

Not long after that, her phone vibrated. It was from Yonghwa and she asked permission to go to her room.

 

“From all people in the world, why does it should be him?” Seohyun’s mother stated randomly aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter