Twenty-Three

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is not just a residence, you know. This is a castle.” Seohyun asked randomly as they were walking hand in hand around the garden that looks like a private forest.

Yonghwa decided to show her the entire residence while they were waiting for Yoona and Jonghyun who went out to buy groceries. He asked Seohyun to wear jodhpurs, chaps, and riding gloves that were belongs to Soojung. It was so fortunate that Soojung had kept some of her equestrian clothes in the castle. And it fit Joohyun’s body well.

“Mwo?” Yonghwa was surprised by that statement then chuckled. “This is just a country house, Joohyun-ahh. Scottish nobles who live in the countryside will always build this kind of house in the past.” He tried to explain it to her, not because of his modesty.

“Really?” she didn’t look like she believed it. “But I like this place. This is sooo beautiful,” she added in an innocent tone.

“Yeahh, this place is one of my favourite places too. But it’ll be more beautiful here if you come again next month,” Yonghwa added.

“Hmm...autumn,” she agreed as she nodded lightly.

Unfortunately, they couldn’t come at the autumn since Seohyun’s class would start soon. Scotland in autumn is one of the best places in the world.

“Let’s come again next time, ne?” but Yonghwa tried to light up the mood again, and Seohyun nodded as she giggled.

KREKK!!!

But then there was a voice. And Seohyun looked at the voice source immediately. She looked so nervous.

Yonghwa could see it. She tried to be okay, but she was actually still worried.

“Wae?” Yonghwa asked carefully.

But she just smiled at him and said, “Nothing.”

Yonghwa took a deep breath and decided not to prolong this topic.

Then they were silent after that, enjoying the scenery around. But Seohyun suddenly asked, “Can you tell me what happen between Yoona and Jonghyun? I could feel the awkwardness between them.”

Yonghwa forgot to tell her about Yoona and Jonghyun. He then chuckled.

“I think you already could figure it out, right?” but Yonghwa decided to ask her back because he was sure she could already predict it.

Seohyun was silent, before her eyes grew wider and said, “Seolma...”

“Yeahhh...” Yonghwa said again as he was still giggling.

“So, it was not an amicably break up?” she asked further.

Yonghwa nodded as he sighed deeply. “I was so guilty towards them actually. I was the one who introduced them when we were still in the first year in DGU. Yoona came to spend her holiday in Seoul and they, as we could predict, fell in love to each others. It might be around three weeks, before Yoona suddenly asked to break up.”

“Why?” Seohyun asked curiously.

“She should go back to the UK,” Yonghwa replied shortly. “I mean, I know she looked so selfish by doing that. But I could understand her too because it’s not easy to be in long distance relationship. She shouldn’t date him if she would dump him in the end, I know. But...as her bestfriend, I could feel it that she was in love with him at that time. She was so sincere. But yeah, it was her choice and decision. I couldn’t do anything in the end.”

“Oh My God, it’s such a sad story,” Seohyun looked so sad after hearing that. “I hope they could solve their problems in the past and become friends again soon.”

Yonghwa chuckled again by Seohyun’s innocent prayer, but he nodded too. “I hope so too...”

Yonghwa then brought Seohyun to a horse stable behind the castle. Seohyun shouted in happiness when she knew where she was.

“They are so beautiful. What is its name?” she asked as she rubbed the horse nearing her. It had a very beautiful white color body.

“I don’t know,” Yonghwa told her honestly as he chuckled. “I rarely come here after my father ascended the throne. My horse was shipped to the Seoul since three years ago.”

“Jinjja?” Seohyun looked at that horse again with sad eyes. “You’re so beautiful. I really want to know your name,” she then talked to the horse which looked so relaxed to be around her.

“Then it will be an honour if you could give her a name, my Lady,” suddenly a middle-aged man with humble and bright face said.

“Ian!” Yonghwa shouted as he walked fast towards that man and hugged him.

“Your Highness,” Ian hugged him back. “I’m so glad you still remember this place,” he added with a very cheerful tone.

“Ohh come on. You know how much I love this place, Ian. I just couldn’t manage to come often due to my schedule,” Yonghwa said as he was still smiling from ear to ear.

“Very well, Your Highness,” Ian said as he chuckled.

“Ahh I forgot to introduce you. Ian, this is Seo Joohyun, my girlfriend,” Yonghwa said to Ian, his groom or a person who was responsible for all aspects of the management of horses and the care of the stables in his castle. “And Joohyun-ahh, this is my friend, Ian.”

“My Lady,” Ian greeted Seohyun politely.

“Nice to meet you, Sir,” Seohyun greeted him back as she smiled widely.

“Oh, please just call me Ian, My Lady. And have you decided the name for her? We haven’t given any names for her since she was born. We just call her ‘lassie’ all this time. And she is a good girl.” Ian suddenly asked as he rubbed the horse.

Seohyun was surprised. It seemed that Ian was not joking when he asked her to give that horse a name.

“I – I haven’t thought any names,” Seohyun said as she giggled. “But I’ll tell you if I get a good one.”

“Very well, My Lady. Please let me know if you finally found it,” Ian said again.

“Sure,” Seohyun said again as she smiled wider.

Ian helped them prepared the saddle on the horses after that, then excused himself after making sure Yonghwa didn’t need anything else, and let them alone again.

And Yonghwa was surprised when he helped Joohyun riding the horse, and asked, “Have you ridden the horse before?”

“Ne~?” Seohyun was too focused on balancing herself, but then she said,”Oh yeahh. I’ve learned horseriding with Sooyoung when we were in High School. But, it’s been a long time. So, I’m not so confident anymore.”

“No wonder,” Yonghwa was so happy that she had learned horseriding before. “Don’t worry. At least you still know the basics in horseriding. Besides, I think she likes you,” Yonghwa added as he rubbed the white horse’s mane gently.

“Really? I like you too...” Seohyun whispered to the horse happily.

They then walked around the forest again on their horses.

Yonghwa actually could see it clearly. How worried Seohyun was at that time. She looked so anxious by any movement around her or everytime she heard a sound. He arranged this vacation was actually because he wanted to make her more relax. But it seemed that he still needed to talk to her in private in the end.

“Ohh, look at her!” Seohyun suddenly shouted.

She was standing in front of her horse as she kept rubbing its mane. The sunset light fell on both of them from the trees.

“She is shimmering,” she added happily.

But what Yonghwa saw at time was just her, her Seo Joohyun, who was so shimmering under the sunset light. He might be too biased, but he never found a beautiful girl like her in his life before. It was understable to fall in love with her again. But this time was different. Seo Joohyun was indeed a natural-born-princess. Everything she was looked so graceful in his eyes. He was sure that everyone would agree that Seo Joohyun was a true princess.

“I think I’ve found her a name. She is so sweet...so pure...like a pearl. Jinjoo...ne...I’ll call her Jinjoo...” Seohyun said again as she smiled widely.

Yonghwa couldn’t help to smile at her too.

 

They spent the night as they enjoyed the barbeque together. It was so fortunate that the weather at that night was so good. Yonghwa was so worried that rain would fall since it was nearly the end of summer.

Seohyun enjoyed talking with Yoona, Sanne, and Anja, while Yonghwa grilled the beef with Jonghyun who looked so upset because of Yoona’s presence in their vacation. It gave Joon a reason to keep teasing him.

And when everyone decided to wrap the night and went to their room, except Yoona, Jonghyun, and Joon who would sleep alone without their lover, Yonghwa asked Seohyun to enjoy a glass of wine before they went to sleep.

“Why are you looked so worried, Joohyun-ahh?” Yonghwa decided to ask her to the point as they sat in the balcony while looking out the clear sky, enjoying the night scenery.

“Ne?” and Seohyun looked so surprised by his question. “I’m not...” she denied it.

“Kokjongmal, Joohyun-ahh. You can tell me how you feel. You have promised me that, remember?” he added as he rubbed her hand gently.

But Seohyun kept looking at her crystal glass, considering what she would say to him.

“I’m just scared...” she started in an almost whisper tone.

As expected, she is scared...Yon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter