Seven

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After wrapped up the press conference and the Queen bade her children good bye, Lee Dong Wook escourt the Queen and Princess Sooyeon to their cars.

Actually, the Queen and Princess Soojung were supposed to attend the charity event of Carnation Foundation, the Queen patron that support women who living in cancer, that day. But Soojung insisted accompanying her brother until he discharged. That was why the Queen left by herself.

She was in her way to the event when she got news about her son. But she would just open the event, after that she would go back to the palace right away.

The Queen was about to enter the car when suddenly she said, “Secretary Lee.”

Then Lee Dong Wook walked toward her, “Ne, Mama.” He replied politely.

“Just tell the boys to meet Yonghwa in the palace.” The Queen said.

“Ne~ Mama.”

But then she added, “If there is someone who wants to meet Yonghwa, but she can’t enter the Palace…yet. Just let her meet him in his ward…”

“Ne~?” Dong Wook couldn’t absorb what the Queen said at first, but, “Jeosonghamnida, Mama. Ne~ Algeseumnida~.” He decided to follow what the Queen had said to him in the end.

After that, the Queen’s car left. But Lee Dong Wook still couldn’t understand what the Queen said.

“She? Let her in…? Nugu?” he mumbled but then shook his head as he walked back to infirmary.

But Lee Dong Wook saw the crowd in front of the Prince’s ward.

“What happened?” he asked them.

“Ahh…annyeonghaseyo~ Secretary Lee,” Joon greeted him cheerfully. Then Lee Dong Wook smiled at Joon. “Could you allow us to meet Yonghwa for a while?” Joon asked.

“I’m sorry Lee Joon-ssi. But we are in a hurry right now. You can meet him in the Palace after this.” He said as he felt sorry for them.

But suddenly he realized that there was a girl, a lovely girl who became teary when her eyes met his.

A girl? He asked to himself inwardly, before he finally understood. Ahh…’let her meet him in his ward’…

Then he asked Mr. Ham who stood beside him.

“Is she ‘her’?” Dong Wook whispered to Mr. Ham.

“Ne~ she is Miss Seo Joohyun.” Mr. Ham replied him right away.

“But you can go meet him, Miss Joohyun. But please, don’t take too long.” Secretary Lee suddenly said.

That girl couldn’t help to smile widely because of that. “Ohh, thank you so much, Mr. Lee. Jinjja gomawoyo.” She said as she wiped her tears happily and bowed deeply.

He wondered why suddenly the Queen gave an attention to her, Miss Seo Joohyun. That was true that Royal knew about her. But according to the last report that was given to him, it was said that they were not in relationship yet. They were close, but until that time, they were just friends.

Then he remembered when the Crown Prince had his first girlfriend, Miss Park Shinhye. The Queen didn’t bother herself to know about that fact, and just treated her like a mere acquaintance. With Miss Lee Ji Eun, the Queen never met her face to face until the end. The different reaction was shown when the Prince dated Miss Bae Suzy. The Queen was so worried because her son loved her so much. She never accepted their relationship, yet she never told that to her son. It was so fortunate, when the Crown Prince, who had a soft heart, finally gave up his love. He chose to not let his mother and Royal worried about him, eventhough he felt so broken heart after that. The Prince didn’t show it to everyone but Lee Dong Wook could see it well. And it took two years for him to move on.

He looked at Seohyun again and he agreed that she had a different aura from the Prince’s former girlfriends. He was not sure what it was, but…Ne~ she is different…

 

***

 

Yonghwa ended his opening speech for Byun Sung-Ki Foundation annual meeting. He shook his hand with Byun Sung-Ki’s, the founder of that foundation who born with a disability so he should live on the wheelchair for all his life time, after that.

Byun Sung-Ki Foundation was one of Yonghwa’s patrons. That foundation supported wheelchair basketball players. And Yonghwa became their patron since he entered his college.

It was already one month passed after that accident. Yonghwa’s wound was almost healed perfectly too. And a new semester was started, but unfortunately Yonghwa didn’t meet Seohyun in the same subject this semester. But they always tried to meet if they schedule matched and had a lunch together for every two weeks. They were always be accompanied by their friends when they met because they couldn’t take a risk and made a scandal.

Actually, Yonghwa had a new chance to get closer with Seohyun after that accident too. He called her three times a day and they relationship became more platonic because of that. But Yonghwa still afraid to confess what he felt to her. It was not that he was coward. He just didn’t want to force her. It was true that he loved her so much.

Ne~ he finally should admit it that he loved her.

But being his girlfriend was not a simple choice for her. He knew it well. She still had choices to have a comfortable live without him. He couldn’t be selfish.

He could see that Seohyun finally opened her heart to him too. But still, it was not that simple. He needed to introduce his world to her. That was why he started to show her his world, his real world, little by little. He was afraid if he act too rush, she would be so scared. And so far, her reaction was not that bad. The fact that she didn’t run away from him everytime he unveiled his complex world to her was a good thing for him.

It was so different with what he had felt to all his ex-girlfriends. He never felt so sure with his heart like this before. Even with Suzy, he still had so many doubts despite he felt so happy back then. With Seohyun, he really wanted to try his best to reach her heart. He really wanted to fight for her until the end.

He heard too about her first encounter with his mother. The fact that her mother let her met him and didn’t forbid him to be with her after that was a good sign. He even started to ask about the possibility of marriage to a commoner to Secretary Lee.

“…I’m afraid, if I answer you just based on my knowledge right now is not enough, Seja Jeoha. Let me do some researches about this question first. I’ll tell you if I finally find the answer…” Secretary Lee said to him when Yonghwa finally had courage to ask.

Then a few days after that, Yonghwa tried to ask again.

“The marriage between Royalty and a commoner never happened before in this country, Seja Jeoha.” He replied shortly.

“But, does Royal Law describes that a Royal Consort is should be from a Noble family or other Royalty?” Yonghwa who was not satisfied by Secretary Lee’s answer, decided to ask further. “If we see some monarchy countries in Europe, it’s a common thing for a Royalty to marry a commoner.”

Secretary Lee was looked hesitate at first before he said, “No, Seja Jeoha. Royal Law just describes that a Royal Consort is should be from a good family, with a good education, and very healthy to provide Royal heirs and heiresses. Others are commonly just additional requirements from the Queen.”

“Jinjjayo? It’s good then. At least, there is no that such requirement in Royal Law.” Yonghwa felt so relieved because of that. “Daenghida~”

“But there are still some additional requirements from the Queen, Seja Jeoha.” Secretary Lee tried to remind him.

“Hyung~” Yonghwa whined. “Can you not ruin my good mood?” he felt so annoyed.

And Secretary Lee chuckled because of that. “Ne~ ahrasseoyo~”

But, how about the ity test? Yonghwa suddenly felt so worried about that requirement. But he knew he couldn’t ask it to Secretary Lee…yet. Beside he had not confessed yet. And he didn’t know, will she accept his feeling or not?

“Can you give me an acces to open the Royal Law, Secretary Lee?” Yonghwa asked abruptly.

“Ne?” Secretary Lee surprised. “Waeyo, Seja Jeoha? If you have something to be asked, just tell me. I’ll help you find the answer.”

“Aniyo~ it’s not like that, Hyung. I just want to find it myself. I have a question that I can’t ask to you. I hope you can understand it.” Yonghwa denied it right away, he was afraid that Secretary Lee would be offended by his wish.

“Mianhamnida. It’s not what I mean. But ne~ I’ll prepare it and give it to you tomorrow morning.” Secretary Lee replied him politely.

Then Yonghwa smiled again.

 

***

 

Seohyun wiped her sweat that flowing down on her temple with her towel. She looked at her wrist watch and decided to go home. Then she ran again through a hilly road, back to her home.

Seohyun decided to spend her weekend in her home. And this morning she chose to jog around her neighborhood as she tried to refresh her mind.

She walked to the kitchen at the moment she arrived in her home. She saw her mother was busily searching something in her laptop. Meanwhile her father was watching morning news in the television. It was one of his habits, watching morning news before he went to his office.

Then the news about the Crown Prince who just ended his opening speech of Byun Sung-Ki Foundation annual event was appeared. As always, everytime he heard something about him, her heart would beat so hard.

She felt overwhelming, and yet scared, everytime she saw him as a Crown Prince.

She still couldn’t get used to it…yet.

Truth be told, after she finally admitted her feeling toward Yonghwa to herself, she felt braver. She was scared, that was true, but she really wanted to follow her heart. She felt so happy to be with him. That was the fact and she didn’t want to run away anymore. But then, sometimes she felt so confused too. She knew exactly what Yonghwa felt to her, but he hadn’t confessed to her…again. It was really scared her.

But then again, she just wanted to follow her heart. She felt so happy to be with him and always want to be near him. It was enough. At least for her.

She suddenly remembered about what she had searched about Royalty the night before. Lee Yonghwa was a Crown Prince, the future King of South Korea. Whoever his wife in the future, she would be a Queen Consort automatically. She never dared to think that far. She couldn’t let herself to imagine it too. But deep inside her heart, she knew that there was still a possibility of that. And it was not a simple choice.

Seohyun sighed heavily after that and opened the refrigerator to take out a glass of juice that was prepared by herself before. She walked closer to her mother and looked at her laptop monitor.

“What are you doing, Eomma?” Seohyun asked.

“Ne~? I’m collecting data for DEW’s new project.” Her mother replied calmly as she smiled at her.

DEW is the name of her mother’s charity foundation that was built together with her friends. It was a foundation that supported inadequate single mothers. Since middle school, Seohyun always tried to help her mother on DEW’s project. But she was so busy with her college activities these past years, so she couldn’t fully help her mother anymore.

But suddenly a new idea just came into her head.

“Eomma, can

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter