Nineteen

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She said that Seohyun was brought to the hospital yesterday…”

Joon’s voice kept spinning in his head, even if he already ended the call some minutes ago. He really couldn’t think clearly, but he knew that he should think carefully no matter what.

He then took out his phone again and opened the message from Sooyoung. Joon was right. Sooyoung said that Seohyun was brought to the hospital. And he didn’t think twice when he suddenly called Sooyoung.

“Yonghwa-yahh…I’m sorry for my late information…but I swear I knew about this just now…” Sooyoung tried explaining him the moment she answered his call.

“…I know…it’s okay.” but Yonghwa knew it very well that they couldn’t reach her since two days ago. “Just tell me how her current condition is, Sooyoung-ahh.”

Sooyoung then told him what she knew from Seulgi. She told him too that Seohyun broke her phone. And Yonghwa just massaged his temple after he heard that.

He really understood Seohyun’s feeling. Even if there was nothing between him and Bora, everyone who saw that picture would think the same. And the fact that they were fighting before that scandal released, made everything worse for them.

Then let’s clear this problem first…Yonghwa concluded inwardly after he ended his conversation with Sooyoung.

He might be was not in his right mind at that time. But he should make a priority. He was so worried about Seohyun’s condition. That was true. But he should fix the misunderstanding first. It was not only for Seohyun, but also for his people. He needed to win his people’s trust back.

He then gave all the pictures and videos to Secretary Lee the moment he entered the mansion. He told him everything that Shinhye had told to him too. But he asked Secretary Lee to not involve Shinhye in this matter. They should make as if the journalist got that information by themselves. But it was not easy since the scandal was released two days ago.

“Don’t worry, Jeoha. We will find a way.” Secretary ensured him after he received all the pictures and videos from Yonghwa. “I’ll find a trustworthy journalist to release this news as soon as I could too.” Secretary Lee added as he started dialing someone’s number and excused himself after that.

Royal should be still neutral about this matter. So, they should find another portal news to release an article about that.

Yonghwa decided to just leave it all to Secretary Lee in the end. He trusted him. Lee Dongwook could always fix all the problems really well.

But then he remembered about Seohyun again. He actually wanted to fly to Seoul right away, the moment he heard about that news. But he knew that he couldn’t act so reckless again.

But…God! I’m so worried! Yonghwa screamed inwardly, felt so miserable.

“Mr Ham,” he didn’t know what the power that led him to do that, but he suddenly said, “Could you please help me to find two flight tickets for us?”

Mr Ham was so surprised after hearing that, but he didn’t ask back and just said, “Algaesumnida, Jeoha.”

Yonghwa then entered his room after that.

He knew that what he thought at that time was really crazy. He never flew without Royal protocol and with a commercial flight before. And it obviously wouldn’t be easy for him to take that public transportation to Seoul. He never thought about something risky than this, when he already promised to his mother to act more carefully. But he felt that he should meet her.

Secretary Lee already cleared all his Royal schedules since the scandal released. He checked his next schedule to meet his Professor too, and he should meet him in Monday morning. It meant three days from that day.

Can I fix it in just one day? He asked himself as he calculated the flight time from London to Seoul and vice versa. He should be in London again in Sunday.

And what if Joohyun refuses to meet me? He suddenly felt so worry with that possibility because he knew really well that Seohyun was very stubborn.

But he felt more worried with paparazzi that were still following him. And he should consider all the risks and worst case if he was caught flying to Seoul to meet Seo Joohyun. He really couldn’t make everything worst.

Dong Wook, Hyung won’t allow me too…he said to himself.

But he decided to just think about it again if they got the ticket first.

Yonghwa was about to take a shower when suddenly someone knocked the door. It was Mr Ham who told him that Asiana Airlines and Korean Air from London to Seoul were full book. But he got two tickets for tomorrow afternoon from British Airways.

“Gomawoyo, Mr Ham.” Yonghwa said simply and Mr Ham then left his room again.

And now…what?

But he was still not sure with his decision in the end.

He just finished showering when Secretary Lee showed him the article that was ready to be released in two hours. Yonghwa screened it and felt so satisfied with the content. As he expected, he could really trust Lee Dongwook to fix this problem smartly. And for the first time since two days ago, he felt a little bit relieved.

At least, one problem is fixed…he said inwardly before he closed his eyes and tried to sleep that night.

 

When the morning came, Yonghwa didn’t feel any better. He barely slept last night. He tried to close his eyes, but he couldn’t close his mind.

He had a breakfast in silenced after that. And he still couldn’t decide it, would he really fly to Seoul or not?

He actually was more than ready to take the risk, but he didn’t want make everyone disappointed again. He was really in dilemma. But then again, the fact Seohyun was sick in Seoul was killing him inside.

He already promised to himself that he would fight for her until the end, and yet it was not that simple. He felt too naïve when he thought that back than. But his feeling was real. He loved her.

He knew that Seohyun felt so lonely too. He knew it very well that their relationship was too hard for her. It was not only because of the long distance between them, but also the fact about their social status. And they should fulfill their own responsibilities too. Trust was indeed not just their main problem at that time.

She always tried her best to understand him and his role for this country. He appreciated it so much. But no matter how much he loved her, South Korea would always come first to him. And he felt sorry for her because of that.

He really didn’t know what to do at that time.

Should I let her go?

That thought hurt him so much. And if he could do whatever he wanted, he really didn’t want to do that. But if she couldn’t be happy with him, it would hurt him even more. He didn’t want that. He wanted her to be happy.

Then I should ask her directly. Yonghwa suddenly said to himself.

If this relationship is too hard for her, then I won’t force her anymore.

I’ll let her go…

Yonghwa then took a very deep breath, before he turned around and said to his guard, “Prepare everything your needs, Mr Ham. We’ll fly to Seoul.”

 

It was really not easy for Yonghwa to go out of the mansion without being tailed by paparazzi. Jonghyun and Joon were not in the home at that time, so he should ask Hans’s help to bring him out secretly. And he really needed to hide himself until they arrived in airport.

And when he was still waiting for boarding, Yonghwa finally decided to call Secretary Lee.

“Mianhaeyo, Hyung. But I’m in Airport right now. I’ll fly to Seoul.” Yonghwa said to the point the moment Secretary Lee answered his call.

“M – mworagoyo? Jeoha…” Secretary Lee sounded so surprised and worried in the same time.

“I know it’s too risky. But Hyung, jebal…trust me…” Yonghwa said in desperation. He knew that he couldn’t guarantee that everything would be okay, but he really wanted Secretary Lee to trust him this time.

“I know that I promised you and Eomoni to not make everyone disappoint again. But I really have to meet her. Mian~ if what I do right now is so selfish. But I’ll try my best to be careful. So jebal…trust me, Hyung~” Yonghwa added as he begged.

Secretary Lee didn’t reply him right away. It took several minutes until Yonghwa should call him again, “Hyung~”

But then Yonghwa heard him sighed deeply before said, “Please be careful, Jeoha. And please call me right away the moment you arrive in Seoul. Please don’t turn off your phone so I can still keep in touch with you anytime. Please…Jeoha…” Secretary Lee said in pleading tone. He was so worried.

“Ne~ Hyung~. I promise, I’ll call you right away.” Yonghwa said as he sighed in relieved. “And Hyung~, kamsahamnida~ jeongmal kamsahamnida~” Yonghwa felt so grateful that Secretary Lee could understand him.

“No, Jeoha. Don’t thank me before you come back here safely, because if there is something happen with you, I’ll be the first one who will be beheaded, Jeoha.” Secretary Lee said calmly but sounded desperate than before.

It succeeded making Yonghwa chuckled. “Don’t exaggerate it, Hyung~. It’s not Joseon era. Don’t joke around with that word.” Yonghwa said again as he really felt so thankful. “I promise, I’ll be careful. And don’t worry about Eomoni, Hyung~. I’ll call her when I arrive in Seoul too.” Yonghwa added.

“Ne~ Jeoha. I just hope she won’t fire me while you’re still in the sky.” Dongwook said again until Yonghwa laughed louder than before.

“Hyung~ geumanhaeyo~” Yonghwa whined in the end.

“Then please come back safely, Jeoha.” Secretary Lee repeated it.

“Ne~ Hyung~”

He ended the conversation after that. He actually felt so sorry towards Secretary Lee, but he really needed to do this.

And then he suddenly felt so nervous.

He knew that this journey would be a turning point for his relationship with Seohyun. And he already promised to himself that he wouldn’t force her if she didn’t want to continue this.

But can I really let her go? Yonghwa asked to himself.

 

He didn’t have any problems during the flight, since most of airport officials in London Heathrow didn’t really pay much attention towards him. But he was so nervous when they finally arrived in Seoul. Some of Incheon airport officials were indeed surprised when they knew who he was, but they tried to act as professional as they could and didn’t ask much. Yonghwa felt so grateful towards them, but he still felt uneasy. He just hoped that he would leave Incheon before journalist caught them there.

Yonghwa tried not to look suspicious. He wore casual outfits with black jacket and dark blue cap. He wore a black frame spectacle too, just to disguise himself. Just in case there were paparazzi around him too, since airport was the best spot for them to seek information about celebrities or idols.

He just could sigh in relieved when they finally sat in the taxi that brought them to Sowon Hospital, where Seohyun was hospitalized. He then called Secretary Lee to tell him that they already arrived safely in Seoul. Secretary Lee told him that Queen already knew about his arrival too and warned him to prepare himself for getting nagged from her.

And right after he ended his conversation with Secretary Lee, his mother called him. As what Secretary Lee had said to him, the Queen was indeed so angry with Yonghwa’s selfish decision. She felt so disappointed. But Yonghwa didn’t argue her back. He accepted all her angers and just said yes to every word she just said. In the end, the Queen asked him to be careful. And once again, Yonghwa felt so grateful towards his mother. No matter how angry she was, she could always understand his feeling.

Yonghwa then took a deep breath after he ended his conversation with his mother. Truthfully, he still didn’t know what he would say to Seohyun. He really still couldn’t think clearly until that time. But he closed his eyes in the end, tried to shut his mind for awhile, because he couldn’t sleep at all during the flight.

No matter what happen to us after this, just please…believe me…that I really love you so much, Seo Joohyun…Yonghwa prayed inwardly.

 

Yonghwa and Mr Ham went to Seohyun’s ward right away. Sooyoung already told him about Seohyun’s ward number before. But when he just walked out of the lift, he bumped with Seohyun’s parents.

“Abeonim…Eomonim…” Yonghwa greeted them nervously.

“Aigoo~” Seohyun’s Eomma exclaimed lightly.

They looked so surprised to see him there.

Yonghwa then bowed lightly to them, as his heart thumped rapidly. He didn’t know why, but he felt so embarrassed to meet them. They must be saw that scandalous pictures.

“Abeonim, Eomonim, I’m so sorry for my sudden arrival, and without telling you first too. But if you don’t mind, I would like to talk to Abeonim and Eomonim.” Yonghwa felt like he should explain all of this to them first.

They decided to just sit not far from Seohyun’s ward. They couldn’t take the risk of being caught, since Yonghwa’s arrival to Seoul was still a secret.

Yonghwa then apologized to them. He told them how embarrassed he was with what happened. He felt so guilty for disappointing them with his recklessness.

“Don’t worry, Son. We know that it’s just a misunderstanding. Don’t think too much.” Seohyun’s Appa said in fatherly tone.

“Ne~, it’s so fortunate that you’re okay after what have happened.” Seohyun’s Eomma added calmly.

But Yonghwa really didn’t have courage to face them at time. Until Seohyun’s Appa needed to tap his shoulder lightly, so he finally looked up at them. “Don’t be too harsh on yourself, Son. I know how you feel.” Seohyun’s Appa said again as he smiled warmly.

Yonghwa felt so grateful towards Seohyun’s parents because of that. He felt so relieved too that they could understand what had happened. In the end, Seohyun’s parents asked him to just finish all his business since he didn’t have much time. He then asked their permission to meet Seohyun, and they allowed him to meet her in her ward since her condition was so much better than two days ago.

After Seohyun’s parents left, Yonghwa continued walking towards Seohyun’s ward. And he suddenly felt so nervous again after that. He was so scared with Seohyun’s reaction. But then, he heard Seohyun’s voice from inside. It seemed like she was arguing with someone. And he suddenly felt his heart just clenched tightly.

How he missed her so much.

It was just three days ago since the last time he saw her face via Skyp*. But it felt like it had been many years ago.

He counted to three before took a very deep breath and knocked the door.

They didn’t answer him from inside, so he decided to just open the door. And the moment he entered her ward, he could see it. Her surprise expression, when their eyes met.

It was like a déjà vu. She had acted like that too, when she saw him after he was stuck in Hwacheon Mountain last year. She just silenced at first, with a pale face. Before it turned crimson and her eyes became teary.

And his heart hurt so much too when he saw her started crying.

But then Yonghwa caught Seulgi who stood near Seohyun’s bed. She then nodded at him lightly before she left them alone in the end. He felt so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter