Eleven

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa just ended his phone call with Seohyun. She already arrived safely in her home, and she told him that she decided to tell her family about their relationship that night, after the dinner time. The sooner her parents knew, it would be better for them. He just hoped that her parents could give them a blessing.

He gave her a full support and ensured her that everything would be okay for both of them in the end.

But not long after that, he got an announcement that his mother just arrived in his palace.

“You have not sleep?” his mother asked as she entered his bedroom.

“Ne, Eomoni.” Yonghwa replied her as he placed his phone on the desk.

His mother then gave him a warm hug and Yonghwa kissed her cheek in return.

“So, how about your meeting?” his mother asked him as she sat on the couch near the window. That day Yonghwa just attended a meeting with Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in Sejong City.

Yonghwa chuckled by his mother’s question. “It should be me who ask you that question, Eomoni…” yonghwa replied back.

His mother just smiled because of that.

“Wae? Are you upset because I met her without asked you first?” his mother then asked directly.

“Ne~, at first. But then I saw she was okay. So, I’m okay too…” Yonghwa replied honestly.

As long as her mother didn’t ask her to stay away from him, so he was okay too. He was glad that his mother was very open minded about this matter. But still, what his mother had done that day, surprised him so much.

“Mian~ Yonghwa-yahh. I just want to make clear some points to her. If I told you first, I know you would refuse it immediately.” His mother said as she smiled weakly.

Yonghwa perfectly knew his mother concerns. But as he said before, as long as Seohyun was okay, he could ignore that easily.

“Wae? Are you feeling guilty right now, Eomoni?” then Yonghwa . He felt uneasy to make her mother felt so guilty like that.

His mother stared at him sharply and said. “Ne~ a little bit. But still, it’s necessary.” His mother replied sternly and Yonghwa chuckled again because of that.

“So…” Yonghwa was considering his next question. But he chose to continue. “How do you think about her, Eomoni?”

His mother raised her eyebrows by Yonghwa’s sudden question. “It’s too early for you to ask something like that.” his mother refused to give him an answer in the end.

“Come on, Eomoni. Just tell me your first impression about her.” But Yonghwa insisted as he still chuckled.

His mother didn’t answer him right away. And Yonghwa knew that she was considering an answer. He couldn’t help to smiled widely to see her like that. It was so typical of his mother to consider something first before she talked.

“I’m surprised by her calmness. And she has a great self control. It’s so rare to see a girl like her nowadays.” His mother finally gave him an answer.

Yonghwa felt so proud to hear that from his mother. As he expected, his mother could see what he saw in Seohyun.

“Ne~. That’s why I thought she was really cool when the first time I knew her.” Yonghwa added, agreed with his mother’s thought. “Just so you know, Eomoni, she could give you a wise decision even she is in the bad situation too.”

His mother then giggled. “Yahh, you’re bragging, Yonghwa-yahh.”

“But that’s the fact, Eomoni.” Yonghwa argued back.

“Ne~ ne~ I admit that she is…different…” his mother admitted it in the end.

Yonghwa grinned widely because of that. His mother might be so stubborn, but she never lied. So, her positive answer about Seohyun was totally her true feeling towards her.

Yonghwa then decided to go on with this topic and started to ask, “If you think like that, so the possibility of…”

“No. It’s too early to talk about marriage, Seja.” But his mother cut it right away. She knew what Yonghwa intended to talk about.

And Yonghwa smiled shyly. His mother was indeed his mother. She could easily predict his mind. “But…”

“Ssssshhhh…we’ll talk about this matter later, when the time comes. But not now…” his mother insisted sternly.

“Look, Yonghwa-yahh. You’re just 24 years old. Both of you are still young. I know you love her so much. But still, we don’t know about the future. Just enjoy your life, Yonghwa-yahh.” His mother gave him an advice. And Yonghwa didn’t say anything after that, because his mother was right.

But Yonghwa felt like he really needed to try his best to prove it to his mother.

Yes, all I can do right now is try my best…

“So, you’ll keep this relationship in secret?” her mother suddenly changed the topic. “Why don’t you just act freely like you did with all your ex-girlfriends?”

Yonghwa smiled weakly by her mother’s question. “I just want to protect her as much as I can, Eomoni. If she felt more secure to keep it in secret, so I’ll do that for her.”

“Aigoo~ aigoo~ young love…” her mother cringed by Yonghwa’s answer. And Yonghwa laughed hard.

“It’s good if you feel that way towards her. I hope she will be a good influence for you too.” her mother added in a serious tone.

“Ne~ Eomoni, don’t worry. We’ll try our best to make all of you proud of us.”

“Good,” his mother just replied shortly.

“I think it’s getting late. I need to wake up early tomorrow.” His mother finally decided to end their conversation. “You should go to your bed after this too, Yonghwa-yahh.” She said as she got up and walked towards him, then kissed his forehead.

“Ne~ Eomoni, you too. Have a good rest. Good night~” he replied as he still sulked.

His mother just giggled to see him like that, and bade him goodbye.

 

***

 

Seohyun walked carefully towards the kitchen and saw her mother was busy preparing the dinner, together with Aeri Ahjumma and Dajong, their family housekeepers. Meanwhile Seulgi and her father watched the television together.

“Sorry for coming late, Eoma. Do you need any help?” Seohyun asked as she tried her best to hide her nervous expression.

“It’s okay, Dear. It’ll finish soon. Just help Dajong to set up the table.” Her mother replied her calmly.

“Ne~ Eoma…”

After that, Seohyun walked towards Dajong, who already like a sister to her because she worked in her family since she graduated from High School. And finally she got a chance to continue her study as she still helped her mother, Aeri Ahjumma, as a housekeeper.

Deep inside her heart, Seohyun was so scared. She tried to arrange the sentence to start the conversation in her mind.

After that, they enjoyed their dinner together. When most of them finally finished their dinner, Seohyun took a deep breath, and started to say, “I…need to tell something, Appa, Eoma. Can we talk after this?”

Her mother raised her eyebrows, but then she smiled. “Okay.” She replied shortly, and called Aeri Ahjumma to prepare some fruits for them.

Not long after that, after her father, her mother, and Seulgi already sat in the living room and started to enjoy the fruits. Seohyun grabbed the fork nervously. But after several minutes, she took a very deep breath again, and said. “Appa, Eoma…”

Seulgi, who realized that Seohyun would start her urgent conversation with their parents, suddenly bade them goodbye and walked towards her room as she brought a plate of fruits with her.

After Seulgi left, Seohyun could see her parents were waiting for her next sentence. She took a deep breath again.

“Appa, Eoma…I…I want to tell you that I…I have a boyfriend.” Seohyun tried to tell them as calm as she could, but still she stuttered when she said that.

“Ohh jinjja? Congrats, Hyunnie-yahh.” Her mother responded her, but still Seohyun could see that she didn’t look so happy. And they didn’t look so surprised too.

Seohyun admitted it that it was the first time for her to tell her parents formally about her relationship. She never did that to all her former boyfriends. She even introduced Changmin to her parents after one year of their relationship.

“Then, bring him here.” Her father added warmly in the end.

“Ne, I will, Appa. He would like to meet you too. We’ll look for a good time for that.” Seohyun replied, as she felt more nervous than before.

Her mother, who sat right beside her, suddenly grabbed Seohyun’s hand warmly, as if she could feel her worries. “It’s okay, Dear. You can tell us everything.”

Seohyun became teary because of that.

“Appa, Eoma, he is Lee Yonghwa…” Seohyun finally told them.

But her parents just silenced after that. It looked like they were just trying to absorb that sudden information.

“The Crown…Prince…?” her mother finally asked after several minutes in silence.

Seohyun bit her lower lip, before she nodded. “Ne~”

Her parents then looked at each others, without say something. Seohyun suddenly felt so worried. “You’re not happy…?”

“Ani, Joohyun-ahh. It’s not like that. Of course we’re happy if you’re happy. We’re just…worried…” her mother stated right away, as she rubbed Seohyun’s back lightly.

“Your Eoma is right, Joohyun-ahh. We’re worried because he is…an extraordinary person. You know what I mean, don’t you?” her father added carefully.

“Ne, Appa. I know that perfectly…but…”

Seohyun couldn’t find perfect words to describe her mind.

“Do you…love…him?” but her mother suddenly asked.

Seohyun was surprised by her mother sudden question. She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath again. Then she looked at her mother and her father. “Ne~ so much…”

Then their parents exhaled because of that. Her mother rubbed her hands warmly again. “Don’t worry, Dear. We’ll always support you. No matter what happen in the future, just remember that we’ll always here to support you…”

“Thank you…Eoma…Appa…” Seohyun could just whisper, felt so touched by her parents’s support. They were indeed the best parents in the world.

“Does the Royal know about this?” her father asked carefully.

Seohyun exhaled before she said, “Ne~ Appa. And I just met the Queen a few hours ago…”

“Omona!” her mother couldn’t help to squeal.

“Jeongmal? But…are you okay?” her father asked worriedly.

“Ne~ She just invited me as a mothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter