Six

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer vacation was still not over. The royal family usually spent their summer in Changgyeong Palace.

The real Changgyeong Palace was in Seoul. But the royal built their new Changgyeong Palace as the Summer Palace in Hamdeok, Jeju-do.

Royal family, included Yonghwa was in Changgyeong Palace too. After their royal vacation in Maldives, Yonghwa and his cousins went to their Summer Palace. It was right after Yonghwa met Seohyun first in Seoul to give her a support on volleyball exhibition games last month.

After that day, his relationship with Seohyun was getting closer. He texted her for time to time and she always replied it all. He called her too once in a while and until that time, Seohyun didn’t reject his call. Truth be told, Yonghwa felt so disappointed because the turning point, that he wanted, was not as he expected. It looked like that Seohyun was not affected at all by his picture with Liu Wen when they were in Maldives. It seemed that his goal to reach Seohyun’s heart was still a long way to go. But Sooyeon had said to him that Seohyun was unpredictable. So Yonghwa didn’t want to hope yet. He just enjoyed this new level of their friendship without expected something more. At least Seohyun didn’t avoid him.

And this Saturday morning, Yonghwa who wore a soft blue short sleeve shirt with a dark blue jean, already sat comfortably in his room, busy replying a text from Seohyun. But suddenly, someone knocked the door.

“Hyung!” he heard Jungshin called him as he opened Yonghwa’s room. “The princesses are ready!” he informed.

“Ne~” and Yonghwa just replied him shortly. Then he got up and followed his cousin.

Jungshin and Sooyeon were not usually spent his vacation in Changgyeong Palace. They were there because they needed to attend the annual Horse Parade that passed the Changgyeong Palace, as their royal duties, together with the Crown Prince and Princess Soojung. This year, the royal heirs and heiress who should attended this event.

Kyungho didn’t join them because as the Lord in South Korea, he didn’t have much official functions like princes and princesses did. Even Seungyeon didn’t carry out official functions, but she was always invited in every royal event.

Yonghwa saw Soojung and Sooyeon waited him in front of the main door. As always, Sooyeon was looked so chic with pink bird print dress by Thyren, meanwhile Soojung was looked so lovely in lace and gauze dress by Sea. They were ready to attend the horse parade in front of the Palace Main Gate.

Then when they finally arrived in front of the gate, they were greeted warmly by the crowd of people who attended this parade. After a brief speech from the Crown Prince, the parade was continued. There were some horse riders who gave bouquet of flowers to the princesses as they passed by the royalties.

But Yonghwa was so surprised, when suddenly a little girl who rode a pony stopped in front of him and handed him a bouquet of flowers. It was not because Yonghwa didn’t approach his people, but from the beginning, the horse riders just gave the bouquets to the princesses. So, when this little girl gave him a bouquet, he approached her immediately.

“Gomawoyo~” Yonghwa said sincerely as he took the bouquet. “What’s your name, Dear?”

The little girl just smiled shyly, as someone who stand beside her, that Yonghwa guessed as her father or her coach, persuaded her to give a reply. “Choi Seo…hyun~”

And Yonghwa stunned by her answer. Seohyun?! What a coincident!

He really surprised by that sudden fact. That cute little girl had a same name with Seohyun.

“Hyung!” he heard Jungshin tried to help him back to his sense.

Then Yonghwa chuckled. “Gomawoyo~ Seohyunnie.” He repeated his gratitude. “Do you want to give me a ppoppo?” he asked abruptly.

Sooyeon chuckled hearing that and it succeed make Jungshin asked, “Waeyo, Noona?”

Little Seohyun turned to her father (or her coach?). When he nodded to her, and Yonghwa leaned close to her, she gave him a peck on the cheek.

It succeed make everyone around them cheered and clapped loudly. What had happened was really a sweet moment for everyone who saw it.

And Yonghwa grinned widely because of that. “Thank you, Seohyunnie~”

Then little Seohyun led her pony to walk again.

“Yahh! Stop grinning! You look stupid, you know!” Sooyeon whispered as she still maintained her wide smile.

“Jinjja? But everyone loves this stupid Prince, ottoke?” Yonghwa whispered back cheerfully.

It succeed make Sooyeon rolled her eyes. But then she smiled widely again before the crowd realized it because they wouldn’t like the fact that Princess Sooyeon just rolled her eyes toward their beloved Prince.

“What happen with this Seohyun? Mind to tell me?” But Jungshin just butted in abruptly. Like his sister, Jungshin was also so sharp. But both Yonghwa and Sooyeon just chuckled, didn’t interest to explain anything to him.

 

***

 

Seohyun looked at her reflection in the mirror. She wore a Silk Organza Prina Dress. She thought that she needed some new cocktail dresses. While Sooyoung decided to try a pair of Suede Noa Boot, since she needed a new one too.

Like chaebols in common, Seohyun and Sooyoung indeed love shopping. But it was not that they always spent much money for it. They did shopping in Milan, Paris, London, or New York twice a year. But it was less then chaebols usually did.

Seohyun basically was not a party girl, but she thought that she couldn’t wear a same dress for three parties in a row. So, she decided to ask Sooyoung to accompany her shopping that day. Not in Milan or Paris, but at Ralph Lauren Store, in Myeongdong. Yep, they called it as a wise shopping.

A good fashion didn’t mean it should be expensive.

In the end, Seohyun decided to buy a Cream Silk Organza Prina Dress and a Black Neoprene Ryann Dress.

But Sooyoung suddenly shouted, “Heol~ daebak!”

“Wae?” Seohyun asked abruptly as she took two shopping bags after she finished her purchases.

But Sooyoung laughed hard as she still looked at her phone. “Look at this news, Seohyun-ahh~”

Seohyun frowned as she looked at Sooyoung phone and, “M – mwo?” she grabbed Sooyoung phone as she read fast the news with title ‘Crown Prince Lee Yonghwa got a Ppoppo from Seohyun’.

Sooyoung still laughed, while Seohyun blushed so much.

But then her phone vibrated out of sudden. And her cheeks became more crimson when she knew that it was from Yonghwa.

“Yeobeoseyo~” she answered the call.

Sooyoung just chuckled and walked ahead, tried to give her best friend a privacy.

“Hi, what are you doing, Seohyun-ahh? I just finished attending the horse parade.” Yonghwa said cheerfully.

“Ahh, I’m still shopping with Sooyoung.” Seohyun replied nervously.

“Ohh geure? Are you going home after this?” Yonghwa asked again.

“Ne~ I’ll go back home after this, but after I drive Sooyoung home first.”

“Okay then. Can you tell me if you already get home?” he asked.

“Ne~” Seohyun answered him shyly. Then they ended their phone conversation.

After that day, Yonghwa always texted her, and even called her once in a while. They just talked about mere topic, and he never flirted to her. Truth be told, she felt so confused. Their communication was as intense as lovers, but they never talked about their feeling to each other. And Seohyun didn’t know why she still could feel so content because of that. He really made her comfortable.

Seohyun arrived in her home. Then she decided to take a bath first. After one hour, she reached her phone then laid her body comfortably on her bed. She started to type a message for Yonghwa.

And a minute after that, Yonghwa called her.

“Yeoboseyo~” Seohyun greeted first.

“How is your shopping?” he asked to the point. And Seohyun just giggled then told him about their wise shopping time.

“You told me that you just attended the Horse Parade. Is there an interesting moment happened?” Seohyun finally asked after she ended her story about her shopping time with Sooyoung.

“Did you read the news?” Yonghwa asked back as he giggled.

Seohyun smiled. She read that news, but “No. What happen?” she lied.

“Eiiiiy, I don’t believe you. It’s in all over the portal news.” He said, still giggled.

“You know that I just got home an hour ago. Of course I haven’t checked anything. Is it an interesting news? Should I check the news first?” Seohyun continued, as she enjoyed trolling him.

Then he became quite. He seemed upset. And Seohyun needed to hold her laugh because of that.

“Ani~ you don’t have to.” He said bitterly.

And Seohyun couldn’t hold her laugh anymore. “You’re so funny.” She said as she still laughed.

“Wae – wae? Did you just troll me? Yahh! How dare you, Seohyun-ahh!” Yonghwa replied excitedly. And Seohyun could hear her chuckled in the end.

“Ne~ I saw that news. You’re so sweet and the little girl is so cute.” She said sincerely.

“Ne? Jinjja?” Yonghwa chuckled, but still sounded so proud by Seohyun’s compliment.

“I wonder how my daughter will look like in the future.” He added so abruptly.

What? Seohyun was surprised and didn’t know how to react.

“Wae? Why are you so quiet out of sudden?” Yonghwa asked, confused by Seohyun’s sudden silence.

“What do you think I should do?” Seohyun asked back. “You asked something that I don’t know what the answer is.”

Yonghwa needed several seconds to absorb what Seohyun had said, before he laughed hard. “Mian, Seohyun-ahh, I didn’t mean to ask you that question, I was just thinking out loud.”

After that, Yonghwa continued his laugh, left Seohyun who was still in silent, felt a little bit shy with this sudden topic. But her straightforward nature suddenly came back, “But if you asked me about that, I think they will look like you.”

“M – mwo?” Yonghwa surprised by Seohyun sudden statement, then he laughed harder.

“Ne, they will look like you. Bright, smart, and modest. Maybe…” Seohyun felt so stupid out of sudden. What am I talking about?

But she couldn’t turn back what she had said. And she felt so ashamed because Yonghwa really couldn’t stop his laugh.

“Just forget it, Yong. Pretend that I never answer your question.” Seohyun stated coldly.

“Yahh! Don’t be mad, Seohyun-ahh.” Yonghwa begged in the end and tried his best to hold his laugh.

“I’m sorry, Hyun.” Yonghwa said, “But gomawo~. I’ll take your answer as a compliment. Bright, smart, and modest. So, that’s all what you see in me? I’m so honored…jinjja…”

Seohyun felt her cheeks became so hot, and her heart started to beat rapidly.

“But, I hope my future daughter will look like my wife too.” he suddenly said added. “I will be so happy if my children take after their mother most instead of me.”

And Seohyun’s heart beat more crazily at that time. Why suddenly this topic changed our mood like this?

“Hmm…my family has a summer residence in Jeju-do.” Then Seohyun stated a new topic so abruptly. She really couldn’t stand any longer with the previous one.

“M – mwo?” Yonghwa was so surprised by Seohyun’s random statement. And he laughed so hard. Again.

“Yahh, Seohyun-ahh! Why are you changing the topic out of sudden like that, huh?” Yonghwa asked as he still laughed.

“Am I?” Seohyun asked back innocently, implicitly told him that she really wanted to change the topic.  And Yonghwa could understand it in the end.

“Okay then, if you really want to change the topic.” He said and really tried his best to stop his laugh. “So your family has a summer residence in Jeju-do too? Do you and your family always spend your summer vacation there?”

Daenghida~ Seohyun said inwardly as she exhaled.

“Nope. Since I became more busy with my college activities and Seulgi too, she prefer spends her vacation with her friends, we didn’t spend much of our vacation time there. This year we even didn’t go there.” Seohyun replied. Deep inside her heart she felt so relieved because Yonghwa didn’t prolong the previous topic any further.

“Ahh, jinjja? Too bad, if you in Jeju right now, we could go cycling together in Changgyeong park. Joon and Jonghyun just went back to Seoul yesterday after they spent a week here with me.”

Seohyun chuckled by Yonghwa offer. She never thought that she will enter the Changgyeong palace in her life.

“Hmm…ne~ I will consider it for summer next year.” Seohyun replied it as a joke.

“Then I’ll be waiting for you…” Yonghwa replied back her joke.

“But hei, why don’t you watch my exhibition games tomorrow Friday? Come on, I gave you a support in your exhibition games last month.” Yonghwa suddenly asked.

What is this again?! Seohyun really couldn’t understand Yonghwa’s thought anymore. He really loved to state some random wishes.

“Ahh…so you didn’t give me a support sincerely back then?” Seohyun really didn’t know how to answer it so she asked a stupid question to him. Just to cover her panic mind.

“It’s not like that. I just want to meet you since the vacation is still far from end.” Yonghwa replied calmly as if that simple sentence didn’t make Seohyun’s heart fluttered hard.

Oh My God! And for nth times that day Seohyun was speechless.

“Please, Seohyun-ahh~ Jebaaal…” Yonghwa begged. And Seohyun sighed in the end. She always felt that it was a sin if she refused him, so…

“Okay…” she finally said and Yonghwa cheered so loudly because of that. Seohyun just chuckled.

 

***

 

Yonghwa entered Dankook University Basket Ball Hall together with his team mate and coach. But the first thing he did the moment he stepped on the court was looking for Seohyun. He looked around as he heard the cheering from all the supporters. And suddenly he caught someone waved at him. It was…Jonghyun.

He felt so disappointed at first but when Jonghyun pointed out his thumb to someone who sat beside himself, Yonghwa couldn’t help to not grin widely. It was Seohyun.

Finally…he sighed happily. And she’s look so…fair…so gorgeous…

She was extremely gorgeous even if she just wore a white basic tee with denim shorts, and a black hat.

Yonghwa felt his heart just skipped a beat for a while before he chuckled to himself. He then waved to her.

It obviously caught everyone in the hall attention and Seohyun looked so nervous because of that. But Jonghyun saved them by waving back to Yonghwa. So, people couldn’t find it strange because everyone knew that Jonghyun is the Crown Prince’s best friends.

But, it’s so gayish, damn! Yonghwa screamed to himself when he looked Jonghyun still waved at him.

Seohyun then giggled. Yonghwa couldn’t help to grinned more widely to see her smile.

When the games started, Yonghwa fully concentrated to the games. If it was about basketball, Yonghwa always played all out for his team. And as a playmaker, he did his best to make his team leading the games so far.

The games were so tensed. Both teams were really showing their best performances. But even if Seohyun was there to give him support, during the games, Yonghwa totally forgot about her. He really wanted to win this game.

It was nearly the end of the second half games, so the pressure was getting hard. Yonghwa was look so tired but he still tried his best. DGU just led two points from Dankook team. And it became hotter when Dankook guard succeed make a three point

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter