Twenty-One

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Maybe you should read the previous chapters since my last update for this story is three months ago...mian~)

 

Since that day, after she realized that she was being tailed by paparazzi, Seohyun tried to act more carefully. She couldn’t tell Yonghwa, her family, or Sooyoung about this matter. She didn’t want to make them worried.

For the first time since Yonghwa said that he couldn’t go to Seoul due to his schedule with his Professor, she felt relieved by that. At least paparazzi wouldn’t get anything from her without Yonghwa who was far away in London.

She actually had prepared herself if the time for her to be caught came, she would be ready. But it was not so simple like she thought. When she knew that paparazzi followed her, she asked herself thousand times,

…am I ready to go public?

But her heart always said that she was not ready…yet. So what she could do at that time was just acted more carefully. It was not only for herself, but also for Yonghwa and her family. She still needed time.

Because of that, she could finally accept the fact that she wouldn’t celebrate her birthday with Yonghwa this year. Even if she felt so sad, but it was better than she was caught by paparazzi as Crown Prince’s girlfriend. She couldn’t imagine it if people couldn’t accept her. That thought was scaring her so much.

And right before midnight in her birthday, Yonghwa who was ready to meet his Professor in ten minutes, suddenly video called her. He wanted to make sure that he was the first person who congratulated her for her birthday.

“Choding.” Seohyun said as she giggled when Yonghwa told her that. But she couldn’t lie that she was so happy because of that.

But then he bade her goodbye after giving her so many good wishes and kisses. He promised to call again when she woke up in the morning and gave her gift. But actually, she felt so content just by hearing his voice like that. So that night, she fell asleep so easily with happy feeling.

And the morning after that, she was awaken because of Seulgi took off he duvet forcibly. She was about to scold her, when suddenly her parents came with ice cream cake and sang a birthday song for her. She felt like a kid anymore, but she still felt so happy. Her family decided to do that because until almost 10 AM she had not awoken yet. She usually woke up early, but that day was exceptional. It seemed like Yonghwa’s birthday wishes last night really made her sleep so tight.

Her parents gave her one set of pearl necklace with earings from Cartier for her birthday gift, while Seulgi, who just came back from Italy with her friends last month, gave her a jewelry roll from Ghurka. She actually didn’t want to accept that, but her parents and sister said that they didn’t do that every year. So it was okay for giving her such expensive gifts once in a while. In the end, she accepted their gifts as she was starting to think what gift that she should give for their birthdays in return.

She also decided not to arrange a birthday party again this year. She usually celebrated her birthday privately with her close friends in a lounge every year. But since last year, after she and Yonghwa were officially together, she decided to just celebrate it in private with Yonghwa. And this year, since Yonghwa was still in London, she didn’t have a mood to celebrate it with her friends again. Besides, she felt like she was not in age for partying like that anymore. And with paparazzi that were following her like that, arrange a party was totally a no – no for her.

Seohyun checked her phone after she finished bathing. There were some missedcalls from Yonghwa since two hours ago. He sent her a message too that said that he was going to sleep and would call her again right after he woke up in the next morning.

Seohyun let out her sigh because of that. It was not so easy to manage their communication with nine hours difference from each other. But they already went through all of this until that time. So this was not their major problem anymore.

But right after she finished her lunch, Sooyoung called her.

“Saengil chukae~, my beloved best friend, Seo Joohyuuuuun~” she shouted in other line the moment Seohyun was answering her call.

“Yahh! You’re too loud, Sooyoung-ahh.” Seohyun replied in annoyance, while Sooyoung was just giggling in return.

Sooyoung actually already sent her birthday wishes since morning when Seohyun was still sleeping. And Seohyun already replied her back. She didn’t know why Sooyoung suddenly called her again.

“I know today is your birthday, but can you help me today, Seohyun-ahh?” Sooyoung finally asked her to the point.

Seohyun raised her right eyebrow because of that. “Wae?” she asked back simply.

It took several seconds until Sooyoung said, “I already booked The Private Cinema, but Kyungho Oppa suddenly has to fly to Macau.” She sounded so sad until it made Seohyun smiling. Sooyoung sometimes acted without checking everything first.

“So, you want me to accompany you watching movie today?” Seohyun said as she was holding her laugh.

“Yahh! Don’t laugh! I already booked it and I can’t cancel it, you know.” Sooyoung said so fast until Seohyun couldn’t hold her laugh anymore.

“Yahh…Seohyun-ahh!” Sooyoung felt exasperated when Seohyun was still laughing.

“Okay – okay…ahrasso…” Seohyun said in the end after she finished laughing. “but, which floor that you booked?” she suddenly felt like to make sure this first.

“11th floor…” Sooyoung said in almost crying tone, and Seohyun was just rolling her eyes.

It seemed like Sooyoung already booked it for romantic dinner while watching a movie with Kyungho since 11th and 12th floor are for exclusive party or event. It took several seconds for her to decide. But after celebrated it in simply way with her family, she didn’t have anything to do again that day. She then took a deep breath before said, “Okay then, but fetch me, Sooyoung-ahh…”

“Yeayy!” She shouted after hearing that.

Seohyun and Sooyoung entered CGV Chungdam. They caught people attentions right away since Sooyoung was quite famous as Lord Jung Kyungho’s girlfriend. But they definitely looked so gorgeous. Sooyoung rocked by wearing Sheer Sleeves Print Meg Dress with oversized leather jacket. And Seohyun suddenly felt so relieved by choosing dark green Ricol dress by Sandro. Her fair skin looked so beautiful with that dress. At least if they would be in the news after that, she looked okay.

Seohyun still didn’t realize it. It was so unusual for Sooyoung booking that kind of place. She usually chose common cinema if she wanted to watch a movie, even if she was with Kyungho. And when they finally arrived in 11th floor and entered the room…

“SAENGIL CHUKAEEEE!!!”

Seohyun was pure in shocked. She never got that kind of surprise again since high school. But they did it again for her. And for the second times on that day, she really felt like a kid anymore.

They sang birthday song together as she still gaped in awe until she should cover , and Sooyoung was laughing beside her.

Nearly the end of the song, she finally could recognize people in that room. Sooyoung walked fast to hug her boyfriend, Kyungho. And Seohyun suddenly felt so dumb by falling into Sooyoung cheap lie, but she smiled widely after that. Then she saw Prince Jungshin who brought a bouquet of white lily flowers, Princess Soojung and a girl. But she didn’t know who that girl was.

They congratulated her and gave her best wishes after that.

“Annyeong haseyo, Seohyun Eonnie. Jung Seungyeon imnida. Happy birthday~” That girl who was actually Lady Seungyeon, Kyungho little sister, finally introduced herself after Soojung gave Seohyun a hug.

“Ohh, annyeong haseyo, Seungyeon-ahh. Seo Joohyun imnida. Thank you so much and nice to meet you~” Seohyun replied her warmly. It was the first time for Seohyun to meet her. But Seohyun could feel it clearly, her aura as a Lady of South Korea.

Princess Soojung looked so cool and charismatic, while Lady Seungyeon looked so graceful. As expected from blue blood like them.

It was really like a private birthday party for her in the end. She was so happy but felt so sad in the same time. It would be complete if Yonghwa was there with her too.

And suddenly, the screen was on. Someone just played the movie.

But Seohyun was so surprised when suddenly Princess Sooyeon appeared on the screen.

“Do I really have to do this?” Sooyeon said in that video, before she snorted in annoyance. “Aigoo…Seohyun-ahh…I feel sorry for you because you have a tacky boyfriend like him, but Saengil chukae~…”

Everyone in that room laughed because of that. Seohyun was giggling too. She actually would feel the same if she was asked to say a birthday wish in a video, because…come on, it’s so out of date…

But she felt so surprised by herself because she totally didn’t feel ashamed by what Yonghwa did. She felt so happy instead. And she missed him even more.

They were still laughing even after Sooyeon finished saying her wishes for Seohyun, but then she added, “Ahh, I still felt so cringey with his choice of surprise. But I’ll just ignore it since he asked me about Graff before…”

Graff? Seohyun asked inwardly, and suddenly Sooyoung giggled as she was mumbled, “Babo, she just revealed his gift…”

She said it in whisper tone but Seohyun still could hear it. Seohyun knew Graff Diamond was one of top jeweler in the world. But is the Graff that she meant same with this Graff Diamond?

After Sooyoung bade them goodbye, Ahsung appeared in the screen. She didn’t complain like Sooyeon did and just focused on giving Seohyun so many birthday wishes. And after Ahsung bade them goodbye too, the screen looked so crowded because Joon, Jonghyun, Hans, Steffen, Sanne, and Anja were there together to give her birthday wishes too.

Seohyun choked a bit too see them. Yonghwa really gathered all her friends to make this surprise. But she couldn’t focus on what they said since she was busy searching Yonghwa. And until it ended, Yonghwa didn’t appear. She was hoping for Yonghwa to say something after that, but the screen showed something else.

It was videos of her. Just her. But Seohyun knew it was actually videos that were taken by Yonghwa with his phone. It were edited and added with some effects so it looked like music video. The backsound for that video was…

It is…Yonghwa’s voice…

Seohyun was surprised when she heard Yonghwa’s voice that was singing Photograph by Ed Sheeran.

“Aigoo…” she heard everyone mumbled behind her but she ignored it all. She was focus on that video with lyrics of that song on it. It was just lyrics, but she felt like it was really Yonghwa’s messages for her. His love message…and Seohyun felt so touched by it.

Loving can hurt Loving can hurt sometimes But it's the only thing that I know When it gets hard You know it can get hard sometimes It is the only thing that makes us feel alive   We keep this love in a photograph We made these memories for ourselves Where our eyes are never closing Hearts are never broken Times forever frozen still   So you can keep me Inside the pocket Of your ripped jeans Holdin' me closer 'Til our eyes meet You won't ever be alone Wait for me to come home   Loving can heal Loving can mend your soul And it's the only thing that I know (know) I swear it will get easier Remember that with every piece of ya And it's the only thing we take with us when we die   And if you hurt me Well, that's OK, baby, only words bleed Inside these pages you just hold me And I won't ever let you go   When I'm away I will remember how you kissed me Under the lamppost Back on 6th street Hearing you whisper through the phone, "Wait for me to come home."

 

It was so simple and yet…she loved it so much…

Without she realized it, her tears already flowed down on her cheeks.

Oh God, I love him…and I miss him so much…she shouted inwardly as she hugged the bouquet of white lilies from Jungshin tighter. And Yonghwa was still not appearing until the end.

Seohyun then took a deep breath, felt like she should be grateful with all of this. Yonghwa had prepared all of this for her. Even if they couldn’t meet that night, she still could feel it clearly…his love and his sincerity…

But then suddenly her phone vibrated. It was from Yonghwa.

“Hey…” she heard Yonghwa greeted her in other line. But when Seohyun didn’t say anything, Yonghwa added, “Joohyun-ahh? Are you still there?”

Seohyun needed to exhale deeply before saying, “Ne~”

Yonghwa chuckled after hearing she was nearly choking in her reply. “Wae? It’s not because of my surprise is too horrible, is it? Sooyeon kept nagging at me because she thought this idea was too tacky.”

“Ani~” Seohyun denied it right away as she was giggling too. “Gomawo, Yong~ for preparing this for me, and gathering our friends to celebrate it together. And I love it so much…the song…”

“Aigoo~ don’t be like that, Joohyun-ahh. Come on, this is nothing compare to your gifts…” Yonghwa chuckled again when he was saying that.

“Ani~” Seohyun denied it again when she was still giggling. “Bogoshipo, Yong~” she finally said it, her true feeling at that night. She was missing him so much.

“I miss you more, Hyun~.” he sounded so guilty. “And I suddenly remember about that night. The night when I fell in love in you for the first time. How I wish I’m there with you, reminiscing our journey together…”

Seohyun was sad hearing that from him. But in the end, they chose to talk something else. They couldn’t ruin the good mood because of that. And after a few minutes, Yonghwa ended his call and Seohyun continued celebrating her party with the Royals.

Three hours after that, right at 7 PM, she finally arrived in home and took a shower after that. Paparazzi were not following her that day, she didn’t know why. But it was so fortunate.

Maybe they just give me a break since today is my birthday…she thought simply.

She was so happy with Yonghwa’s simple gift. She still felt so sad for not celebrating it together with him, but she really could understand it. But then, she suddenly caught something.

Yonghwa called me…but the number…

Seohyun stunned for several seconds, tried to remember what she had seen. But she was sure that she was not imagining it. It took several seconds again before she took her grey hooded jacket then tied her hair with a rubber band after that. She was about to go out of her room when she looked at the mirror out of sudden. She exhaled deeply before deciding to change her lazy pants into jeans.

She then called a cab, and went to Seulgi’s room afterwards.

“Seulgi-yahh…help me…please…” she said to her sister the moment Seulgi opened the door.

“Hehh?”

Seulgi was still puzzled by Seohyun sudden request. But she agreed for accompanying her to go to convenience store in the end. And the moment they went out of their house gate, Seohyun saw them, papara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter