One

Wondrous Magnolia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun got up from her sofa and fixed up her Ravel Dress by Claudie Pierlot. She brought her cocktail and started to walk to balcony.

“Yahh, Seohyun-ahh! Eodiya?” she stopped when Sooyoung called her from the dance floor.

“Bal-co-ny-“ Seohyun mouthed her answer as she pointed out the lounge balcony. After she waved to Sooyoung, she continued her walk to reach the balcony. The fresh air greeted her right away. She could see Sohee and Seulong made out in the left corner, but she decided to just ignore them.

She took a deep breath as she enjoyed the night scenery in front of her. She felt so relax. After two weeks she struggled with her exam, came to this party was really a perfect choice for her.

It was Jessica’s party, the Princess of South Korea. Yes, she was a Crown Prince’s beloved cousin. Seohyun didn’t really know what the purpose of this party was, but if Princess Sooyeon wanted to hold a party, nobody could stop it.

Truth be told, she felt so lucky to be invited to this party. Thanks to Sooyoung who introduced her to princess. The princess had asked her help on some subjects, and since then they became good friends. Not close enough to be called best friends, but it more than casual friends. At least, Seohyun’s name was always included on Jessica’s party guest lists.

“Seohyun-ssi...” she heard someone called her. And when she turned away, she found Dongwoon who stood behind her. She knew that he had a crush of her all this time, but she didn’t understand why he never made his move.

“Oh, hi, Dongwoon-ssi .” Seohyun replied him calmly.

“I thought where you are going. Try to get some fresh air huh?” he asked as he walked to lean against the balcony fence.

Seohyun just chuckled by his question.

“Ne~”

“...Hhmm you don’t drink?” He asked again as he looked at Seohyun’s cocktail.

“Ne? Ahh...I need to meet Prof. Park tomorrow morning, so I can’t be drunk.” She replied as she chuckled again.

He silenced after that.

Deep inside her heart, Seohyun knew this strange situation. He would try to make a move this time.

“...you must be realized that I watch over you all this time, Seohyun-ssi...” he started. “Yes, I’m interest in you. I won’t give a long explanation here, so will you go out with me?” he asked to the point.

Seohyun smiled inwardly, and waited...but no sparks in her heart…at all.

Seohyun turned to face him and took a deep breath.

“Thank you, Dongwoon-ssi. But you know exactly that I don’t see you more than a friend. So, I’m sorry. No...” she replied as she smiled guilty.

Seohyun could see a disappointment in his face. But she needed to do that. She had no feeling to him.

“Ahh...geurae...” he chuckled bitterly. “Unfortunately...” he was too speechless to say anything.

“I’m sorry...” Seohyun repeated her apologized.

“It’s okay.” He replied as he smiled warmly. “Thank you for your honest answer. I hope we’ll still be friends after this.”

“Of course...” Seohyun replied excitedly.

After that, Dongwoon bade her goodbye. And Seohyun took a deep breath again.

But she felt sudden urge to go to washroom. She turned away, but she was so surprised when she found someone sat not far from her. The right side balcony was so dark. Seohyun didn’t realize if there was someone there. It seemed that he heard all her conversation with Dongwoon before.

Seohyun still rooted in her place, waiting for that person to reveal himself.

As if he understood what Seohyun was thinking, he finally got up and walked toward her.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to overheard your conversation. I just didn’t want to interrupt his important confession.” He said as he couldn’t help to not chuckled.

Seohyun blushed immediately when she knew who he was.

“Yo~...” Seohyun was about to say something, but he raised his hands so suddenly and it made Seohyun stop her words.

“Don’t worry I’ll just pretend I don’t hear anything.” He said as he smiled at her before he walked away, back into the lounge.

 

***

 

Professor Lee just ended his lesson, Yonghwa was about to get up from his sit when suddenly his phone vibrated. When he checked it, there were some messages from his mother, and Mr. Ham. He was about to reply his mother first when he bumped into someone who stopped in front of him abruptly.

“Ahh~ I’m so sorry...” she apologized first.

Yonghwa looked at her as he smiled gently, before he swung his right arm, offering her to walk first.

“Thank you, “ she replied as she giggled.

After that she nodded politely and continued her walk.

Truth be told, Yonghwa barely knew her. He just met her casually in some subjects, but never in the same group as her. Yonghwa always tried to make a good friend with everyone around him too. But his closest friends until that time were just Lee Jonghyun and Lee Joon. Lee Jonghyun was first son of Lee & Partners founder. Lee & Partners was the best law firm in South Korea. He studied Law in Dongguk University. Meanwhile Lee Joon was youngest child from Lee Changsun, the former Prime Minister of South Korea. And he was in the same college with Yonghwa.

Yonghwa phoned vibrated again, indicated a new phone call. He looked at the name that appeared and smiled again.

“Yeobeoseyo~ Eomoni.” Yonghwa answered the call.

“Yonghwa-yahh~ Mr. Ham said that you’re still in class. It seemed that you were so busy since afternoon. Did you eat your lunch, my Dear?” Yonghwa heard his mother’s unique tone every time she called him, and he just chuckled.

Even if he already 23 years old this year, his mother always worried about him. It was not that Yonghwa didn’t felt so grateful of his mother concerns, he just sometimes felt a little bit pressured because of this, but it couldn’t be avoided too. He knew that exactly.

“Ne~ Eomoni, don’t worry. I already got my lunch before last class. And I’m preparing for Dorm Party now.” He replied

“Party? Jinjja? Just be careful, my Dear~ Don’t be drunk too much and...” his mother started to give her usual advices with more concern tone. And Yonghwa chuckled again because of that. At least, his mother never forbade him to attend this kind of party.

“Ne~ Eomoni, don’t worry. I’ll be careful.” Yonghwa just repeated the same phrase, tried to assuring his mother.

And Yonghwa ended his conversation with his mother after a few minutes. After that, he walked fast out of the class. He met Mr. Ham who followed behind him right away.

“I need to go to Yu Gwansun Dorm, Mr. Ham,” Yonghwa said as he checked his wrist watch again, “or Jonghyun will be mad again.”

“Algaesumnida~” Mr. Ham replied politely. “Do you need to change your shirt before party?”

“Ne~ there is a dress code for this party. I need to take my leather jacket.” Yonghwa added as he walked more fast then before.

Right at 8 PM, he already arrived in Yu Gwansun Dorm. The theme of this party is leather, so Yonghwa decided to just wear a basic white tee with black leather jacket outside. It was a weird dorm party that he ever attended, but he promised to Jonghyun already. So he decided to just go on.

It was a monthly party that usually held as a charity event from dorms around Dongguk University. The dorm members had to prepare something unique to gather donations. This month was belonged to Yu Gwansun Dorm.

Yonghwa finally entered the Yu Gwansun dorm building. He greeted some of his friends before he looked around and found Jonghyun who sat in the corner of the room.

“Ahh, you came,” Jonghyun said after Yonghwa patted his shoulder.

Yonghwa just grinned and sat beside his best friend.

“Where is Mr. Ham?” But Jonghyun asked again as he looked around and found Mr. Ham stood not far from them. As always, he tried to not so visible around Yonghwa.

“What kind of charity this time?” Yonghwa asked as he sipped his cocktail. He watched Hyorin from Sociology Department was walking to the stage.

“They’re auctioning their dorm members. All members have to prepare something to be auctioned.” Jonghyun explained and it made Yonghwa nodded lightly.

Every dorm should make their kind of charity. But th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter