Nine

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Your highness, I think that it is the right time to go home,” Junmyeon said as the Dragonians were having their morning convention at breakfast. The humans were already at the living room knowing that they should be leaving them at that time. Ever since that Baekhyun and Jongdae has known them, the two has also been staying at Chanyeol’s; they are already in vacation anyway. Not to mention baby Luhan is also out there to entertain the quartet but it’s mostly Kyungsoo who has been doting too much on the infant.

“I think that we have waited long enough for the Frost Mage to make his appearance but we haven’t sensed him since the first time. The unusual activities of the Portals that Jongin has sensed might just be a natural phenomenon here on Earth so we cannot link those to the Frost Mage. For all we know, he is already back in Dragonia and he might still be advancing to the Heart. We have been losing time as it is and I think we cannot afford to lose more.”

Two persons’ expressions visibly hardened at the statement. Jongin has been practically glued to Kyungsoo’s side because he has been giving too much time to the baby that the General is starting to feel envy on the innocent little being. The Prince has also attached himself to Chanyeol ever since they have sorted their feelings out and they are getting closer and closer as time passes. They both know that there will come a time that they would be needing to go back because they have duties back in Dragonia and now that they have found the Dragon Fire, they must be returning to their homeland to reverse the damage that the Frost Mage has done on the territories of Dragonia.

But they are clouded with uncertainties because of the humans that have grown dearly in them.

“Jongin, are we able to use the Portal that has brought us here?” the Adviser asked and the General looked at him with grim eyes before he nodded solemnly.

“What about the Fire then, Scholar Junmyeon? Are we bringing Chanyeol with us back to Dragonia?” Zitao asked as he finished his pancake.

Junmyeon had then blushed and his companions looked at him with perplexity. “I have asked Baekhyun and Jongdae if they know how the Vessel will be able to bequeath the Essences to the Dragons and they said that they may or may not have an inkling as to how it is,” he paused though, not sure how to continue.

“And?” Yixing prompted.

“Ahh, uhm… They said something about c-consummation, Dragon and Essence,” the Prince paled as he heard this and Junmyeon’s voice lowered as he continued, “But they said that they don’t know how those three are related to each other.”

“Are you telling us that the Prince and Chanyeol should uhm, e?” Yixing blushed at his own question and the air around them grew uncomfortable.

“B-But it could also be said that the Dragon should consummate its attributes to be able to handle the essence,” Junmyeon added and Yifan nodded once, considering that option more over the first one.

“It could also be the Essence consummating itself before it reconciles with the Dragon,” Zitao said.

“Maybe both the Dragon and the Essence should consummate themselves in order to be fit for each other,” Jongin has put his whole concentration back into the discussion and lifted his mind on the thought of Kyungsoo who is just on the other room.

“Whichever the method would be, it is possible for the Essence to be transferred from the Vessel to the Dragon and in this case, Chanyeol won’t have to go back to with us to Dragonia. But still, it is up to the Prince on what he prefers to happen,” Junmyeon regarded Yifan and the Prince knew that his Adviser is waiting for his initial response. If he is to make the decision by himself, he is not certain that he will be making the right one because he knows that his feelings will be in the way of his rationale.

“What would you suggest, Junmyeon?” he asked the Adviser instead because he knew that Junmyeon has already an answer in his mind.

“In my opinion, my Prince, it would not be safe for the humans to come back with us. We cannot know for sure of they will survive a Portal travel and the living conditions in Dragonia. It is evident that they are not used to Magic as we are, your highness and it will be a big risk to their safety. Besides, the minions of the Frost Mage will surely be on the lookout for us and it might be difficult to defend the humans if a battle will ensue.”

“But you said that we need to go back as soon as possible. What if we cannot get the Essence from Chanyeol? We would need to bring him with us?” Zitao raised.

“I think it is best if we let them go back to their lives before we came here. We need not disrupt that with our affairs,” Yifan said and as much as Jongin would want to protest and tell the Prince that he should consider bringing the humans with them, he could only nod in agreement because the Adviser has a good point. They wouldn’t want to risk the safety of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

“I will talk to Chanyeol about this and I want you to not talk to anybody about our plans yet.”

 

“What do you think are they talking about?” Jongdae curiously looked over to the hallway that leads to the dining area where the Dragonians were having their Breakfast club meeting.

“Dragonian stuff, what else?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes at his bestfriend and he returned his attention to baby Luhan who just looks like a cute little cherub with his chubby cheeks and overall cuteness. Kyungsoo has the baby in his arms and smiling down on him lovingly.

“I mean, what could it be that we can’t hear about it?” Jongdae pressed as he flipped across channels, looking for a good show.

“We don’t really pry. Maybe it is too much for us to handle,” Chanyeol absently replied because he could feel that Yifan is feeling troubled over something. At the back of his mind, he is worrying and he actually wants to know what they are talking about at the moment. This is the first time that the Prince is feeling like that.

“What if they are already planning on going back?” Chanyeol’s lips pressed in a thin line while Kyungsoo snapped his head up at Jongdae’s direction, reminding himself that he has Luhan in his arms and he can’t hurt the baby

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter