Twenty Two

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Blue.”

“Black.”

“Blue is livelier!”

“Black is classy.”

“No, Soo. Black looks dead.”

“Park Chanyeol, blue is too mainstream.”

“So? It’s the normal color for baby boys!”

“Yeah, yeah, just like how pink is for girls,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

“Hell, yes! My daughter will get showered with all the pink stuff and she’ll love it.”

“Boring. I pity your kid. She will be stuck with an idiot with no taste like you.”

“I pity your kid, Do Kyungsoo. I bet he will grow up dark, inside out.”

Chanyeol guffawed at his own joke while Kyungsoo didn’t look a slightest bit amused. The guy has just made a blow on his boyfriend and their baby. Jongin also frowned on the remark but he decided that it is best if he just keeps his opinion to himself, especially with those two Carrying around.

“If your daughter will get yours and the Prince’s gigantic genes, good luck with having to look for a husband for her if she’s taller than all the guys her age,” Kyungsoo smirked at his witty comeback. The taller gasped in shock and put a hand over his heart.

“How could you say that, Soo?! You are evil! How could you condemn your own son like that?!”

“Excuse me?!” the escalating tone and volume of Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s voices has put their boyfriends on alert. But they know that they have to wait out a little more before they do something or else it will end badly, based on previous experiences.

“Your son is going to be my daughter’s hubby so saying that my baby girl will not easily get her husband is because he’ll be short, like you?”

Kyungsoo snorted. “Who has fed that nonsense into your head? Who said that my baby boy will have anything to do with your daughter?”

Chanyeol snorted back. “Duh. It’s an unspoken rule, Soo. As much as it is hard to believe, you are my bestfriend so it’s just natural that our babies will end up together so that we will be a big happy family!”

“Oh, please. Why would I want to forever listen to your ugly laugh?”

“Hey!” and that is when Jongin decided that it is best to intervene. The moment that he saw Chanyeol raise his hand to smack Kyungsoo somewhere that will make the other retaliate with a hit of his own, the General conjured a Portal and pulled Kyungsoo into it so that his babe landed on his chest with a small huff. Kyungsoo twisted his neck a little so that he could glare at him but Jongin would rather take that than see another part of the castle grounds destroyed by plate-sized boulders and flinging fireballs.

Whenever Kyungsoo and Chanyeol get into their hormonal driven fights, the aftermath looks like a volcano has exploded with all of the debris scattered.

“Babe, calm down,” he whimpered as he cupped Kyungsoo’s face to appease him. It did nothing though so he leaned down and kissed him right on his lips and it worked its magic. When he leaned back, it was an adorable and smiling Kyungsoo who he has in his arms.

“Okay!” Kyungsoo chirped and slightly tiptoed to plant a sweet kiss on his boyfriend’s plump, pink lips.

Jongin sighed in contentment and returned the blissful smile that he was graced with. “How about we get you inside, babe? You must be tired.”

“Only if you give me a piggy back ride!” the other jumped cheerfully and it made the General’s heart leap to his throat for a second. It is not particularly safe for a Carrier to be moving around freely when they have another life to be taking care of in them. It is not that Jongin thinks that Kyungsoo is being reckless. Oh no. It is just that when his love enters his ‘cute’ phase, it is kind of difficult to put the smaller male at ease.

He wrapped his arms carefully around the other’s waist to calm him down subtly. “I have no problem with that, love but you would have to teach me how to do that, uhh, pigsty back ride, is it?”

That triggered a bout of loud cackles from Chanyeol who was bent on his stomach with Yifan hovering behind him, all too anxious with how Chanyeol’s movements might affect their baby. The action triggered the angered Kyungsoo once more and without warning, he flicked his wrist and came flying a semi-solid ball of mud, hurtling towards his bestfriend and the Prince. Yifan acted accordingly and shot fire on the mud but that was not a wise move since the fire evaporated the water, making the ball of mud completely solid. Without much choice, he stepped around Chanyeol and braced himself for impact but instead, there was a muffled grunt and a body that collided with his without too much force.

It turned out that Jongin saved him in time, taking the dirt ball attack.

“I-I apologize for Kyungsoo, your highness,” the General wheezed as he straightened his stance but not before wincing a little bit because of the blow that he received on his left upper arm. It will probably bruise but that is much more tolerable than having the Prince get hurt under his watch. That goes against his duty to protect all of Dragonia, especially the royals.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter