Eight

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the end, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol decided to ditch the contest that they have prepared for weeks because of the appearance of Jongdae and Baekhyun. The two threw relentless questions to Yifan which made Jongin scoff the whole time - Kyungsoo glares at him whenever he glares at the other two so he just settled with the scoffing, sulking and pouting. They decided that it is best to discuss everything back in Chanyeol’s house because there is a high chance the Junmyeon might know something on the other version of the tale of the Great Dragon because as far as Yifan and Jongin is concerned, they did not know of the other two other Dragons. And so they did.

“Can you, like, become a real dragon, or something? With the wings and fire breath?” Baekhyun wondered as he leaned forward to the seat where the Prince of Dragonia is seated. A little annoyed at the proximity of his friend to Yifan, Chanyeol not so subtly pushed Baekhyun’s face back and scooted a little closer to Yifan so that their arms are touching and he felt all good again, the effect that Yifan always has on him.

Yifan kept his gaze forward but he decided to answer Baekhyun. “Yes, I do Change, Baekhyun but as for the fire breath, we have been told that our ancestors have possessed that indeed but since we lost the Dragon Fire, no one from our lineage has been given that gift,” he then shifted his gaze to Chanyeol who flinched at the mention of the Dragon Fire and he interlocked their fingers. It made the Prince felt reassured that the Fire is still with him and Chanyeol felt safe more than ever.

The fluttering feeling inside of Chanyeol were there again and for the nth time, he decided to not think of the consequences and implications of these actions. He’d rather enjoy these moments than think about until when it will last. He can feel Kyungsoo looking at him through the rear view mirror and he braced himself for another lecture once they find themselves alone.

Once they have arrived, Yixing immediately greeted them with a smile and asked what happened to the competition. Kyungsoo and Chanyeol just shrugged and gave the Healer a brief summary of what had happened and he just nodded in understanding after he bowed in greeting to the Prince. Jongin was still brooding for being scolded by Kyungsoo so the latter decided to somehow make the General’s spirit lift up by tugging on his right wrist and when Jongin didn’t shake him off, Kyungsoo let his hand slide down and clasped their hands together. Tried as he might, Jongin’s full grin still stretched his lips and the bounce on his steps came back.

Baekhyun and Jongdae were introduced to Yixing, Junmyeon and Zitao who is sitting on the sofa with a bowl of popcorn in hand. Jongin took this opportunity to scold the other General for slacking on his job which earned him a roll of eyes and a reasoning that Jongin is not the Prince and the General Zitao doesn’t take orders from anybody else but the Prince. Kyungsoo moved fast and distracted Jongin by asking help in the kitchen to prepare food for them and their guests.

“Junmyeon, they have told us a quite different story about the Great Dragon and I think that they might know important information about the Dragons that we could use,” Yifan started as the rest took their places in the living room. Junmyeon then eyed their visitors curiously.

“Do you know why you are here in this world? Are we even in the same world as Dragonia?”

Jongdae cleared his throat. He is feeling excited on the thought that he can learn more about his history and maybe patch things up with the Dragonian’s own history. “If you don’t know, you are here in Earth and we don’t know how far we are from Exonia but yes, Exonia is where Dragonia is.”

Junmyeon and the Dragonians looked puzzled. “I am not sure if I understand. As far as my knowledge goes, there is no other world besides the one that we lived in. We’ve got different countries but I believe that I’ve never heard that collectively, our world in known as Exonia.”

“This . It’s too messed up,” Baekhyun groaned as he felt the start of a migraine.

“Okay, look. We can only tell you what we know but we can’t exactly tell you why we know different versions of the story but I’m pretty sure that we are related. Your Prince tells so,” Jongdae shrugged as he looked at Yifan whose eyebrows are on a frown. The Dragonians then waited for him to say something.

“What they said is the truth. I can feel Dragon magic with them though it is not something that I have encountered.”

“Well, I have the Dragon Light and there’s nothing amazing with what I could do, really,” Baekhyun raised his right hand and faint glowing balls of light floated away from his palm and they grew brighter as they drifted far away. At some point, they started to change colors and his audience was left with awe. Chanyeol could feel his own palm react to Baekhyun’s show of lights.

Jongdae smirked and raised his own hand the lights inside the house flickered and a crackling sound caught their attention and brought it back to Jongdae’s palm where it came from. Mini lightnings were dancing on his palm and the hair on their arms and some on their head are standing up because of the static electricity. “I am a portable charger. Convenient, right?”

“I agree with two thumbs up,” Kyungsoo stated as he came in with a tray of cookies and biscuits while Jongin is balancing the tray of glasses and a pitcher of iced tea.

“Wow,” was all Chanyeol could say. After all these years of thinking that he is a freak, it is comforting to know that somewhere, there are people like Baekhyun and Jongdae who share the same fate as him. He didn’t pass up the opportunity to let his Fire go. He has been keeping it for far too long and he knows that his Fire is itching to come out. The last time that he used it was when he was in summer camp with Kyungsoo and was assigned to create fire with the twigs and leaves blah blah blah. He did cheat by using his Fire but nobody needs to know.

He held out his palm and he felt Yifan shift beside him, feeling what Chanyeol is planning to do. He took a deep breath and in his mind, he reached out somewhere inside him where he knew that Fire is. It felt tangible and raw. Before, Chanyeol could feel how unstable it is but ever since the kiss and all the other instances where he shared a touch with Yifan, his Fire seemed to have been tamed and now, it is even easier to call it out to his palm and take shape. He felt the heat not only from his palm but it spread throughout him and it seemed to have cleansed him because he felt lighter and freer as the heat seeped through his veins.

They all gathered around Chanyeol like moths attracted to fire.

Yifan then braved himself and reached out to the Fire. It has been calling out to him and to see it openly magnetized him towards it. He can feel the sheer power that the Fire has and what they are being shown right now in nothing compared to its real form. Yifan’s Dragon is entranced and it translated to him and his outstretched hand hovered above Chanyeol’s, their hands caging the Fire.

The Fire flickered brighter and as if practiced, Chanyeol and Yifan turned their hands around, shaping the Fire into a fiery sphere. Smiles were placed in their lips as they continued to play with the Fire and bask in it. Their eyes locked into each other’s and it didn’t take a second before the others felt awkward as it suddenly felt like some intimate moment that they were intruding on. Slowly, they made their way out of the living room and Kyungsoo led them outside to the backyard.

As they stepped outside, they let out a breath that they didn’t realize they were holding. Baekhyun wiped his forehead with his sleeve. “I can’t believe that their connection is as… uh, like that.”

“It was like they are soulmates or something. It’s… overwhelming,” Jongdae added.

“Maybe they are,” Kyungsoo agreed.

“Soulmate?” Jongin has this confused look on his face once again and Kyungsoo sighed.

“It means that they are two people who are meant for each other n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter