Twenty Six

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol almost burned the whole castle down.

Yifan was sane enough to Change at the spike of turmoil that he felt from Chanyeol and flew them out of their wrecked room with Aeriel safely caged in one of his claws. Miraculously, their baby girl fell asleep in her Dragon form so she was not harmed when Chanyeol let out a burst of fire upon seeing one of their twin’s cradles empty when he was perfectly sure that he tucked in both of their princesses last night before they went to sleep.

The servants and soldiers of the palace ran about, salvaging everything they could while Jongin and Luhan did their best to evacuate everybody out of harm’s way. The people from the Heart were in panic at the sight of the castle burning, thinking that they Frost Mage has finally launched an attack against them.

The Emperor took it upon himself to check what has occurred, the Empress following close because of their concern for Yifan and his family. Yixing had to somehow knock Chanyeol unconscious because his Magic was going all over the place and Kyungsoo was getting freaked out and it is not ideal in his condition when they are expecting him to Deliver anytime soon.

“What has happened, son?” the Emperor placed a hand on his son’s slumped shoulder. The reply came slower than expected because the Prince was pale and still unbelieving that his other daughter, Pyriel, has just gone missing over the night. Nobody was allowed inside the Prince’s chambers, even the servants, if the Prince and his family are inside the room. That means that whoever did this is a traitor to the Dragonians or a Conjurer.

But the thought of suspecting Jongin is out of the question, as well as Luhan. The General would not even dream of doing such a thing when he himself is expecting his child and even though Luhan was just a new addition to their party, Sehun could attest to Luhan’s whereabouts the whole night. Their blushing faces were enough explanation.

“My Pyriel is missing, father,” Yifan finally choked out, throat closing and breath hitching at the sorrow that enveloped his heart. He is a failure of a father for letting her little girl gone just like that. The Prince started to shake as his control over his emotions faltered and Yixing was quick to aid him, a surge of calm seeped through his veins

“We need to set up a search party for the princess, your majesty,” Junmyeon started. The Advisor stepped forward and prepared to volunteer to lead the party and plan everything himself when the Emperor raised his hand and it was silent.

“I am afraid that that would not be necessary, Junmyeon,” the Emperor’s face turned stoic and stern. Puzzled, the Advisor raised his hand to ask for permission to speak. The Emperor nodded in acknowledgement and he cleared his throat.

“Can I ask for the reason for that, your majesty? Surely, we cannot be certain on Princess Pyriel’s safety as we speak and pardon me but I think that it is best to gather the party as soon as possible.”

The Emperor shook his head. “Before we arrived here, I have received a re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter