Sixteen

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo heard the door to his room open and he stiffened in alert. Luhan doesn’t use the door for he can conveniently just appear inside his room whenever; sometimes it’s on the front of the door and sometimes it’s on his bed itself, weighing Kyungsoo down into the mattress with his childish stubbornness. If Kyungsoo is to choose whether it is Luhan or a stranger, he would’ve picked Luhan because even if the elder (yeah, Kyungsoo too five minutes to understand that Luhan is three years older than him with that kind of face) pesters him to no end, he found his presence comfortable after being locked up inside his room. Maybe because he has felt that Luhan has started to back off at some point.

He was right though. The person who came in isn’t Luhan but the straight-faced tall guy who was with them when they took Kyungsoo. He wasn’t that hard to remember because in certain angles, he looks like Luhan, only his features are sharper and more masculine. The said guy was bearing Kyungsoo’s lunch on a tray and he can’t help but wonder why it wasn’t Luhan who brought it to him.

“I’m Sehun. Don’t worry, I’m not going to hit you or anything. You need to eat for your baby, right?” he offered Kyungsoo a small smile and the other couldn’t help but smile as well. Sehun is the first person to address his baby’s needs ever since he got there. Luhan refrained from referring to his pregnancy whenever he comes to bother him. “Are you craving for anything, hyung?”

Kyungsoo blinked but then he smiled again, liking Sehun much more over Luhan already. “I’m okay, just a little hungry… yeah,” he replied sheepishly.

“You’re not in any pain? Nausea?” Sehun continued his questions as he set the tray at the bedside table as Kyungsoo crawled near him. He seated, hanging his legs over the edge of the bed as he observed Sehun take the lids off of the bowls. From the looks of it, he’s going to have a mushroom soup, salad greens with a dressing that looks like thousand island and a cup of rice with what looks like a quarter of a grilled chicken. It smells divine.

“Is that chicken?” he wanted to confirm.

Sehun nodded affirmatively with a meek smile. “Help yourself, hyung,” and he made his turn back towards the door but Kyungsoo called him back.

“Sehun?”

“Yeah? Do you need something else?”

“Why are you doing this?” Kyungsoo asked. He can tell that Sehun isn’t really a bad person. With the way he acted in just a short while that he is in Kyungsoo’s room, he seems to be a caring kid and not one who will be plotting a kidnapping and asking for ransom to get revenge.

The younger knew what he was talking about but he pretended that he doesn’t. “Luhan hyung is out with Minseok hyung for some things,” he replied nonchalantly and Kyungsoo wasn’t impressed with his answer.

“I mean helping them to kidnap me and bring me here.”

Seeing that the other will not let the topic go, Sehun looked back at him with a sad smile. “I’m just hopelessly in love.”

For some reason, Kyungsoo felt like crying for the other. That one simple sentence was full of raw and intense emotion that nobody could dispute the truthfulness of Sehun’s statement. It made him look younger than what he seemed just a while ago. Kyungsoo wanted to reach out to Sehun so he motioned him to sit beside him and his maternal instincts kicked in.

“Luhan?” he guessed. Sehun just nodded in reply as he bent his head low. Kyungsoo doesn’t know how long Sehun and Luhan knew each other but if this is how strongly Sehun feels for the other, how can Luhan miss that? “Didn’t you tell him?”

Sehun scoffed bitterly. “I already did. Too many times to count but he just brushed them off as an effect of ing.”

“Oh,” Kyungsoo frowned. “You’re friends with benefits, then?”

“You could say that, hyung.”

“Then why don’t you say that to him properly. Like confessing or something?”

“I tried but he only sees me as a younger brother,” Sehun fought back his tears because it is already bad enough that he is discussing this problem to some stranger but crying is a whole other issue.

“Well, that ,” Kyungsoo said. “Why do you like him anyway? He’s nothing but annoying.”

The younger chuckled and glad for a change of course. “I’m not sure too. Yes, he is annoying, persistent and y but he is also a loyal person. He will do anything for all the people who are important to him that is why he hesitate to agree with Minseok hyung’s plan since they have been friends for a long time.”

“But, what has he done for you, Sehun?”

His face darkened once more. “He lets me him, I guess,” he shrugged as he felt a thousand needles poked on his heart at the thought that that is all he could ever be for Luhan. But it was momentarily overpowered by a blow made by a spoon on his head.

“Anything but ual, you idiot,” Kyungsoo chided and he hit Sehun once more for good measure.

“Well, he took me in when my parents didn’t want to do anything with a freak like me,” it felt like it was just yesterday when Luhan wordlessly opened his arms to take Sehun in when the younger knocked on his door with all of his belongings. “And maybe that is why I kept on holding on to him. He wouldn’t have done that if I don’t mean anything to him, right? He has never had anybody touch him like I could after Minseok hyung. And that’s all I’m betting on. That little hope that someday he will wake up and see me in a different light. It is a possibility that I’m willing to wait out for.”

Kyungsoo sighed. “I’m not good with this relationship things. I’ve only had one boyfriend who happens to be the father of this person I’m carrying,” he pointed at his stomach, “And it had been nothing but fantastic in between us even in just a short amount of time but Sehun,” Kyungsoo put his spoon away to put his hand on top of one of Sehun’s, “This much I know: You need to talk it out with Luhan. Confess again and tell him all the things that you’ve just told me. Try again for the last time because you need to move on for yourself too. You can’t be cooped up with one person with too much uncertainties. You need to live your life on your own terms. Don’t let your feelings tie you down.”

“You are a good person and doing things like this blindly doesn’t suit you. You’re not the only person who had bad luck with parents. Mine doesn’t really give a damn for me and I think it is because they know that there is something wrong with me so I understand your pain. You are waiting but at the same time, you are hurting. Too much hurting overtime morphs to hate until you’ve already forgotten the reason why you were there in the first place. I don’t think you would want to hate the one person who is important to you. So try once again to confess; not only for yourself but also for Luhan.”

“I thought you are bad with these things, hyung,” Sehun noted after Kyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter