Twenty Eight

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aeriel landed on her claws as she willed her Dragon form to retreat, leaving her in her hands and knees before straightening up. She looked up with a smile when she saw her Papa holding up her clothes for her. It has been around seven months since she was born. She smiled at him and raised her opening and closing fists.

With a chuckle, Yifan humored his little girl and dressed her first before carrying her in his arms. Aeriel squealed happily as she locked her arms around him. Yifan led them back to their camp where Zitao has greeted them with a curt smile and straight posture. Aeriel asked to be let down and when she was, she headed straight to where Yixing and Junmyeon were sitting together.

Yifan let her be and proceeded to the biggest tent situated in their camp. Inside laid Chanyeol with the blank expression in his face and he sighed again in defeat. Ever since the others have left for Earth a few weeks back, Chanyeol has stopped wandering at night and stuck with their camp all the time. But he was not any better. Maybe for a little bit because at least he does not push Aeriel out anymore but he also does not welcome her the way he was expecting him to.

There are so many of his expectations on Chanyeol that has been stumped and he does not have a clue on what to do anymore. He loves Chanyeol but he could also understand why Kyungsoo has chosen to agree to leave. Even though he was trying to be there for Chanyeol, it simply was not working.

Chanyeol needs his space but could he give it to him?

The former Prince tried but the thought of being apart from Chanyeol for even a day is gnawing at him from the inside. Especially when he knows that Chanyeol has a valid reason for being the way he is. But he could not let this go on.

He slid right beside Chanyeol who he felt shift towards him and he welcomed the gesture by pulling the other closer.

"How are you feeling, my sweet?" He ran his hands through the blonde hair that has grown longer. He could sometimes see the other put his hair up with a tie and it is doing some stirring with his feelings. Yifan light have acted differently if they were in a lighter situation but he kept himself in check.

Chanyeol leaned into the touch and pressed himself against Yifan, memorizing again the feeling that he has been taking for granted for so long. And at that, he also realizes how he has been lacking affection from his other daughter. This has brought a lashing on his chest that got him sobbing into Yifan's sturdy and warm chest.

They stayed linked that way for some time until Chanyeol croaked for Aeriel and Yifan was much too happy and obliged right away. With a promise to come back in a blink, he rushed outside and he spotted his daughter sleeping soundly in Junmyeon's lap while Yixing is perched on one of his shoulders, sleeping as well. He approached them slowly as to not wake the Carrying Healer.

Junmyeon smiled softly at him and knew what he was there for. He carefully shifted the princess and Yifan tokk the liberty to lift his daughter up and wordlessly thanked his Adviser and carried Aeriel back to their tent.

Chanyeol is now sitting up and his face lit up brightly, for the first time ever since Pyriel has gone missing. He felt ty because the last time that he has paid close attention to Aeriel, he was just as small as a toddler and now, it is evident that she is taking after her fathers with her long limbs and curly blonde hair. He knows that she has his smile and so he wanted to see that again.

He opened up his arms for his daughter to settle in and Yifan placed her right where he wanted Aeriel to be and he couldn't stop his tears from streaming down his face. It really has been a long time and he is a crappy parent. He missed his daughter's smell and he has no one to blame but himself.

How did he e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter