Five

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, before I freak out, you better tell me what is happening to Chanyeol,” Kyungsoo was frowning as his grip on the steering wheel tightened. Chanyeol had been conscious enough to get them out of his mall but he wasn’t well enough to be driving them back. Good thing that he has learned to drive the van in case of emergencies like this. He turned to Jongin at first who took the shot gun seat but the General who has been trying to get his attention (and succeeding) has been too quiet as he was staring out the window to who knows what.

Chanyeol, on the other hand, is seated in between Yifan and Yixing, the Healer was busying himself in finding out what exactly happened. As it is, Yixing hasn’t said anything helpful and it’s starting to get into Kyungsoo’s nerves. His worry for his giant bestfriend is already shooting up the skies because he knows that whatever has happened to him is related to their guests who they just took shopping. They already had partial plans laid out before this but after Chanyeol being unwell, it’s a major game changer.

“Hey, Soo. You don’t need to worry. I’m fine. Maybe I just lacked sleep. You were snoring a little too loudly,” Chanyeol teased but his voice is weak. He could still feel the cold that seems to be spreading inside his body slowly. He knew what he should do to thaw himself but he didn’t want to risk it with too many audience. He has decided that he will do it when they get back home, in front of Kyungsoo, to let him in on his secret that only his parents have known all this time. If Kyungsoo decides to cut ties with him then he just has to deal with it but something inside him knows that their visitors, the Dragonians, will not let anything happen to him.

That’s how he understood the look that Yifan is giving him.

If he was feeling any better, Chanyeol would’ve swooned and blushed and giggled like a teenage girl in front of her crush because the Prince charming is looking at him with such intensity to make him melt and those sturdy arms that are around him would’ve been his undoing because Yifan has voluntarily wrapped them on him and that is keeping him upright. His head is nestled on the Prince’s shoulder and he would’ve taken a selca to keep this memory forever.

But he can feel his limbs are starting to freeze.

Kyungsoo kept quiet after that. He could’ve continued arguing with Chanyeol but he is driving and he is already worrying his brains out. They didn’t need an unplanned car crash at the moment. He is already on the final turn, a good two hundred meters from Chanyeol’s driveway when he felt a hand on top of his that is holding the gearshift.

“Babe,” Jongin called. The stubborn idiot didn’t let the pet name down and Kyungsoo can only sigh as he tried to ignore the effect of the name to his stomach, his lungs and to his heart. “Everything’s going to be fine,” the General then gave his hand a light squeeze. Their hands stayed that way even though he had to shift gears once or twice before he has parked the van back into the garage. Junmyeon, being the one who learned how to slide the door of the van open, led the people who were sitting at the back. Zitao followed with his head snapping in every direction, looking very much alert.

Yifan then eased out of the seat and Chanyeol lazily dragged his to slide himself out with Yixing pushing his back. Kyungsoo wanted to be there for his bestfriend but Jongin;s hold on hid hand stayed and it wasn’t until Kyungsoo met his gaze that he pulled his hand back. Kyungsoo was about to open the driver’s door when his arm was grabbed firmly. He looked back at Jongin who was wearing a grim expression.

“If something happens, I will find my way back to you,” Jongin declared and Kyungsoo blushed furiously because he can tell that the other is being serious but…

“Why?” Kyungsoo asked. This is all confusing. Hell, they just met last night! And this guy who can kind of teleport and too young to be a high ranking military is talking to him like they’ve known each other for a long time. Kyungsoo maybe a man of science and logic and romanticism for him is too much idealistic so he can’t really accept the only explanation as to why Jongin is treating him like this. His brain is rejecting the idea that this guy who came out of nowhere has fallen in love with him at first sight.

Jongin hung his head. “I have no answer to that,” then he looked back up again into Kyungsoo’s widened eyes and leaned closer. “I am accustomed to using everything I am because I am a servant of Dragonia and I pay no heed to personal emotions as strong as what I have felt the first time that I laid my eyes on you. But I can’t ignore it and I won’t.”

“That is the reason why I am coming back for you. Time is not on our side at the moment and we don’t have enough of it but once everything is done, I will make something out of these feelings and I hope…” one of Jongin’s hands cupped one of Kyungsoo’s burning cheeks, “… you will still be here.”

“Then give me something to hold on to,” Kyungsoo challenged but it sounded like a plea. He didn’t want to get his hopes up. He knew that Jongin and the others has stumbled upon Chanyeol’s backyard by accident and there is a little probability that if ever they could go back to where they came from, they could still come back. That Jongin could fulfill what he has just indirectly promised. He didn’t want to invest on something that he will not have anything in return. It was too much of a risk, especially for Kyungsoo who has never had trusted anyone aside from Chanyeol. Even his family has lost his trust some time ago so what could make him trust this almost stranger in front of him.

“My heart, babe. I will l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter