Twenty One

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wonders of Earth technology never ceased to amaze Junmyeon and he wished that he was able to do something to bring the internet back in Dragonia because that innovation just made everything easier for the Advisor. He has grown used to using the tablet that Chanyeol has graciously given him but it is more or less useless back in Dragonia because one, they do not have the infrastructure for internet and electricity in the kingdom is more or less Magic. He is yet to check if Jongdae can help him power up the device when its battery is drained.

With a heavy sigh, he went back to the table situated inside his bedroom where scroll after scroll of information is either spread open or rolled and waiting to be explored further. His eyes fell on the map of whole Dragonia and on it are marks as to where the Frost Mage, or his older brother Minseok, has ‘visited’ and the assumed position of his army, based on the time when they were supposed to rescue Kyungsoo.

Everything about him felt heavy at the time, especially his heart because he still could not fully grasp what has happened to his brother to have him doing such despicable and unimaginable things. It even came across his mind if he prefers to that his brother is alive but like this than what he has believed for a long time that Minseok has died and with that is the memory of the brother that he respects and loves so much. He went back once more on the last memory that he has of his brother and a tear managed to escape his eyes.

It was, however, caught by a gentle finger and a welcome warmth pressed against his back. Almost all of Junmyeon’s worries dissipated upon contact and he has always been grateful for having Yixing beside him all the times that he needed support, just like now.

“Do you want to cry some more, Myeon?” the gentle tone soothed Junmyeon’s frown, shoulders slumping down and letting himself be weighed down and vulnerable. He could only do that when the Healer is around. Slender arms wrapped around his waist and he placed his own arms over them.

“Yixing, what do you think happened to Minseok?” this will be the first time that they will talk about his brother. He was glad that Yixing has respected his silence all this time though he knows that the other was wanting to ask him about the matter with his brother ever since the day that they have discovered the true identity of the Frost Mage.

“I cannot give you an answer to that for I am baffled too, Myeon.”

“I thought I was just being blinded by my love for him that I cannot seem to find any fault on him. But I guess we are all on the same page.”

He let himself be turned by Yixing until they are face to face and backed up until he felt the edge of the table by the back of his thighs, arms still around each other and foreheads pressed together.

“You can cry some more, Junmyeon,” Yixing whispered and he could only nod for the fear that his voice will break and he will seem weaker than what he looks like. He felt the liberty to lean his head on Yixing’s shoulder and started to weep for his brother who was apparently alive but at the same time, is not.

Seeing the Advisor broken broke Yixing as well. His heart reacted to everything that Junmyeon is feeling and he is not fond of seeing the other crying but he knows that that is the only way for the other to feel better. He wishes that he could take some of his pain and endure it for him. But all he could do is hold Junmyeon together when he cannot seem to do it for himself.

It was relatively quiet because Junmyeon is not one to bawl when crying. Heavy and labored breathing are the only sounds that would clue in to what he is feeling and Yixing stayed silent with him. After some time, he was pulled into the Healer’s embrace and he did not hesitate to hold onto him like a lifeline like how he held him when his family has finally accepted that his brother will no longer come back.

Yixing has been his lifeline ever since, he realized.

“I am sorry, Yixing,” he mumbled on the side of Yixing’s neck where his face is pressed onto.

“What are you apologizing for, Myeon? I was the one who offered…”

“That is not it, Xing. I am sorry that you have to always see me like this and I am being selfish for wanting you to be with me like this. I am sorry but I am going to keep you like this, with or without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter