Twenty Seven

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has amazed Minseok as he saw Ellie grow up in front of his eyes. It was just then that he saw the difference between Dragonians and Earth-borns. He ahould've been able to see all of this before but he was too young and too occupied to be there when it was Junmyeon who had been in the same age as Ellie. He was full of curiosity and excitement to do whatever he could and the next thing he knows, his younger brother was joining him at the academy and easing his way to the top of the rankings.

Maybe if he has been there for Junmyeon since the beginning, his brother might've cared a little more to look for him when he was banished. With the abilities that he has, Junmyeon wouldn't have had too much difficulty in finding him, what with all of his friends. But Junmyeon did not look for him. He might've thought that Minseok has died and just accepted that. Were they not close enough for his brother to question his sudden disappearance?

Before he could wallow more into bad memories, Ellie has bounded to him with a wide smile on her face. She looks a lot like that idiot with big ears but her blonde curls that reached up to her shoulders are like the Prince's. But they are not with her here, Minseok is. With a smile, he opened his arms and she flew right into them. Three months into his care and she's as big as a toddler Earth-born, most likely a four year-old.

"Seokkie! Out! Ellie wants to go out!" she squealed while clapping her hands on his cheeks.

What could Minseok do over that cute twinkly eyes?

"Okay, sweetie. We will go," he went ahead to kiss both of her cheeks making the little girl giggle cutely.

"Seokkie is tickly!" she squirmed about and when Minseok was a moment late to release her, her hands found purchase on his shoulders and her touch singed Minseok's shirt. He winced on the burn but he didn't let Ellie see it. Wearing a smile, he put her down and offered his right hand and she immediately grabbed it and pulled him along. Thankfully, her hand was back to normal and he subtly put his left hand over his shoulders to cool them down.

 

It was stressful because all of the pressure has been put on everyone. It has been a good three months since they have embarked on the journey of finding the missing princess and they have no lead whatsoever as to where she is. Even Minseok. They have been scouring land after land in Dragonia but it was futile. They have even moved on to the neighboring lands but they haven't covered much because of Kyungsoo and Yixing.

Kyungsoo is yet to Deliver and they know that it will be anytime soon because the male has been feeling the strain of having to Carry for a couple of months already. He is about to reach the maximum duration of Dragonian pregnancy and he's becoming more delicate as days pass. It has put Jongin on the edge because of his anxiousness for his baby and his mate.

And there is Yixing who they have found out to he Carrying as well. They wouldn't want to drain the Healer of his energy because he is the only person who could Deliver Kyungsoo when the right time comes and of course, he has his own child to nurture.

Chanyeol doesn't mean to be snappy but he couldn't help it. His baby is out there somewhere and who knows how she is. If she really is with Minseok, how could they be sure that the Frost Mage isn't that heartless and is actually taking care of her? And if she's not, what could she be doing to survive? She's merely a baby, for 's sakes! What if... He shook his head. Chanyeol could only live if he thinks that Pyriel is alive.

That is all he could to to keep on waking up everyday.

And this Chanyeol is what Yifan ia waking up to everyday. This Chanyeol is so driven and passionate over finding Pyriel but it has made him single minded, too focused on the one and only thing that he fails to see how Aeriel is looking at him with sad and longing eyes. He also fails to see how Yifan is trying to make him see that. He also fails to see the neglected look on Yifan's face whenever he turns his back on him, saying that he needs to scout around and will return just before bed time.

He even has little to no sleep, the evidence are the bags under his eyes that grow darker and bigger that he almost resembles Zitao, who has found his way to them after a few weeks. He was away on scout patrol the day that the others left the castle and he immediately set out when he heard of them leaving. Chanyeol eats so little, saying that he has no appetite even though their whole party would hear his stomach grumbling.

And his animosity is taking its toll on his bestfriend. Kyungsoo is still emotional because he is Carrying and his concern for his bestfriend is too much but because of how Chanyeol is lately, one look at Kyungsoo's face when he's trying to talk him into taking care of himself more only reminds him that their search could be speeding up if it wasn't for his condition.

Kyungsoo sees this and he retreats with tear streaked face and mutters of apologies to the taller. But the next day, he comes back because he owes Chanyeol that much.

One day though, Jongin almost exploded on the Fire's Vessel for shoving Kyungsoo rather harshly when the latter made his usual trio to where his bestfriend is and ask him to eat. The ground has rumbled and cracks appeared from where Kyungsoo has stumbled and fell on his . If he had a baby bump, his poor kid might've been sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter