Seven

Dragon Fire
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, yah, Kim Jongdae!” Baekhyun whined as he was being dragged off to somewhere by his bestfriend. They have to be early at the venue so that they could get good seats for the talent contest that is to be held in a few minutes. The contest were open to all of the students, except those who were majoring in Performing Arts and the likes to give the spotlight to others. Being part of the Performing Arts department, Jongdae and Baekhyun could only watch for the performances. Baekhyun would take any chance just to see Park Chanyeol and Do Kyungsoo performing together. It will definitely be a sight to see two of the popular kids in the university doing something that they are not used to. Those two have always been all study, study and study.

“Hush now. Just follow me.”

“The contest is about to start and you are depriving me of the best seats, Jongdae!” Baekhyun stomped his foot. “What is this about anyway?”

“This is your fault,” Jongdae glared at him.

“And why?!”

“Because you brought up the talks about that blonde Dragon. I can’t take it off of my brain. Aren’t you curious as to why there is a Dragon here and he is with Chanyeol always?”

Of course, Baekhyun is curious. He is the one who took notice of the Dragon first. “What are you planning to do?”

“I’m going to outright ask them of that,” pulling Baekhyun once more, Jongdae has a pair of determined eyes looking at their destination. He saw the Dragon that his bestfriend has pointed out with the guy who looks like Kyungsoo’s boyfriend – well, they did hear the guy call Kyungsoo babe. They headed for the cafeteria with just the two of them because Chanyeol and Kyungsoo might’ve driven them away from the backstage.

He had to admit that never in his existence he could’ve dreamed of meeting a Dragon for real. Ever since he was a child, his grandma has always entertained him with the story about the Great Dragon and his sons. It is Jongdae’s most favorite fairy tale but it turns out that it is not. That the tale of the Great Dragon is his history. It was all thanks to Baekhyun who had told him that the tale is, indeed, true.

He knew what has happened to the descendants of the two of the Great Dragon’s sons, the Lightning Dragon and the Light Dragon. Those two lines have long perished because of their envy to their eldest brother, the Fire Dragon. While the Fire Dragon got all the favor of their father, the other two were simply thirsting for it. Instead of practicing Magic for good, those two brothers have promoted otherwise, just to upturn their brother who had been utterly favored over them.

There is a reason why the Fire Dragon was given such regard, because he is the strongest and wisest among the three. He is meant to lead his brothers but they did not give him a chance. Generations passed and practicing the Magic has its goal twisted. Eventually, the essence of the Great Dragon inside his sons and passed on to the next were diminished at every act that results to pain inflicted to others. The Great Dragon was the guardian of Exonia from all that could bring forth damage and evil.

The legacy of the Great Dragon is to live on but what the Light and Lightning Dragon has done doesn’t exactly conform to the ideals of their father, making the offsprings of their offsprings to lose the essence of their existence. And maybe, Exonia is not exempted to the Law of Conservation of Energy because somewhere, in another world and time, the lost essence of the Dragons manifest.

What luck is it that Baekhyun and Jongdae holds the Dragon Light and Lightning and found each other?

Now, they were pretty sure that there are no Dragons there on Earth because yes, people here know of dragons but not the Dragons where they came from. So it is puzzling to know what one is doing there with them – walking around with Park Chanyeol even?

They set foot inside the cafeteria and saw their targets looking at the variety of food in front of them with confused and struggling expression. Jongdae, with an anxious Baekhyun, made his way towards them and before they could even get within two-meter radius from the duo, the Dragon snapped his head up and squinted at the bestfriends while the tanned one was frowning at the sandwiches in front of him.

“Your highness, I ask of your opinion on this. What could possibly be of babe’s liking among these kinds of uhh, what are these called? Witch? ? No, no. It starts with sun. Or was it sand? Sand ? Oh, I remember! It’s called sandwich. Am I wrong, your highness?” Jongin felt the Prince tensed up and his defensive senses were suddenly all too aware of this surroundings, wary from any type of attack.

“What are you?” Yifan started as he scrutinized the two persons who were giving off some kind of Dragon Magic that he is not quite familiar with. It has similarities with the air that he feels around Chanyeol but that’s just about it. It has also grabbed his attention that the two of them seem like they know who he really is.

Jongin immediately stepped in front of Yifan and wore his no-nonsense expression as he glared at Jongdae, who flinched, and Baekhyun, who yelped and hid behind his bestfriend. “Declare yourselves!” he barked.

“Jongin!” Kyungsoo half-yelled and half-scolded the General as he saw and heard him harassing two guys. He walked faster, glaring at Jongin who pouted a little at the reprimand because he is a General and yet he just can’t simply disregard Kyungsoo, even if he is not the Prince who he serves. “Oh, Baekhyun and Jongdae,” he acknowledged the guys who looked like they were intimidated and scared. “I’m sorry about that,” he bowed in apology and the bestfriends became flustered.

“Uh, n-no problem, K-kyungsoo. We’re f-fine,” Baekhyun laughed nervously as he kept his eye on the Dragon who was examining him like an experiment.

Yifan then leaned down a little and whispered to Kyungsoo what he has felt from the other two and his eyes grew wide as he looked back at Jongdae and Baekhyun who just looked awkward standing in front of those two Dragoni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter