Hiding a pain

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 9


Since it took her about a few seconds to pack her things, she has to speed up her feet a bit, running after him who is a bit far from her. The both of them already been outside of the cafe and Yurin can catch the back of him in front of her, walking in steady and no such a hurry any longer. Yurin jogged a little bit before reaching beside him. She quickly inhale the oxygen, outing of breath all of sudden. Yongguk beside her, just ignore her presence, having his phone in his hands.

"Why are you running out all of sudden?" She starts to speak, after her breath become normal. Their feet moving in unison, walking together. Yurin tilted her head to him but earning nothing. His eyes is so focus on the screen of his phone.

"Anyway, Who is she? is there something between you?" Yurin attacked him with another questions but still nope response from the male at all. Her fingers abruptly pinch his short sleeve by his side, trying to pull his attention. Yongguk instantly turns away from his phone and look down, glancing at her fingers on his sleeve now before his eyes up to her face for a few second.

"Can you please stop.." He pauses, inhale slowly " making things more difficult?" He breathe out, his voice sink away. Yurin soundless for a second, surprising the way his eyes narrowing over her. 

"What do you mean?" She finally can open , waiting for the male to answer.

He turns away, looking straight into the road in front of them. "Just quit questioning, Yurin. You're really.." He trailed off. 

Yurin released his sleeve away, and patiently wait for him to finish.

"Never mind" He decided, making her shoulders slump in disappointed. She watched him once more before looking forward too. He is always keep in to himself and so hard to read either. his words more careful and know how to make people around him confused. Right now, this is the best she could do but she still can't see through his heart. Not at all.

"I was just giving a try, asking you here and there but.." She started to response. "I really never have expectation, either you will answer it or not. It's your choice" She mutters.

"So, it was just for nothing? then Why would you waste your time by that, just pay more attention to yourself not people around you." He turned to her, throwing a hard gaze over her.

"You mean, Just what you did now? ignoring all people especially in our school" Yurin seems didn't want to give up. Yongguk growl silently. the colour of his face changed immediately.

"That's because they are not important in my life!" His voice almost raise, but inhale quickly. "I mean, you will never understand, Yurin. Now you win, happy now?" His voice turned smooth this time, turning away and focus on his phone again.

Is she happy? Of course not and she knows he was trying to drop the topic as can as he wants. Looking how hard he is trying to swallow the anger against her, completely having her in guilty. she was not supposed to push him like this, because they are nothing, even their relationship still don't know the name, either as friends or just classmate or anything.

"I'm sorry" She suddenly mutters, realizing her mistake.

"Keep it to yourself, I don't need it" He said, didn't change his expression and didn't take off his eye from the screen too. 

"Why? You won't accept it?" Yurin asks in slight dissatisfied. Yongguk takes some breaths for a second,

"That's not matter at all. I never offended to anyone, especially to you, So, Why would I accept your sorry. I feel nothing. I didn't feel hurt nor impressed either by your words, it's a waste of your saliva to say you're sorry to me, because I don't care." He blunts.

"Uh, Okay" She simply said, didn't have anything to argue anymore. She observes the side of his face, and they are look so relax and like he said, he didn't care. It's calm and unreadable. He really didn't ing care about everything.

Afterward, everything went silent, nope of them utter any words, but the atmosphere around them seem cozy didn't tense at all as if, they are having a casual walk just like the other. The busy street beside them, didn't distract them either. They are seem comfortable to each other but the fact is otherwise. They are not. Their minds didn't go same. It's different and never match together.

"So beautiful.." Yurin suddenly murmurs a bit loud, mostly to herself after a long period being silent. Her words, of course got caught by Yongguk's ears when he lifts up his head and follow the gaze of Yurin now.

A young girl that seem a bit older than them, walking in their way. With having her wavy hair flying over her nice shoulders and her slender body covered by a pretty white blouse and the skinny jean on her long legs. Her white face looks flawless with a light make up.

The gap between them is getting close, as she saunters over them. His eyes shift and watch her until she passed the male shoulder, walking straight.

"Urm.. she is beautiful too, but I'm not talking about her right now"

Yongguk flinches and speechless at the same time, he turns his head back in front and instantly looking at the girl beside him. He found Yurin already stare at him for how long he doesn't know. then, Her lips pull into a smile over the boy. 

Man. She thought.

"She is not the one I am talking about but.." She pauses, turning her head away and look straight in front of her "I'm talking about them"

Yongguk's face quickly turn shade of red, not because he was angry but he is embarrassed for being caught by the girl, however, he still turn his head too, with clearing his throat once and try to look at them that Yurin just mentioned.

His eyes went at the family that having their walk together. He stares blankly until he heard Yurin's voice beside him.

"They seem happy" She comments, smiling a bit. Both of their eyes didn't take off from them as watching the family. A wife is pushing the baby in stroller while a husband loyalty being by her side, hugging his wife tight by the waist as if afraid she will gone somewhere.

Yongguk only press his lips together, didn't say anything. Yurin by his side, trying to steal a glance over him but his expression didn't show much. She bites her lip before focusing at the family again. Well, Everyone must have their happiness but in different way and it's depend to the person whether to feel it now or soon. That's what Yurin always thought. She didn't feel now but she knows, she will definitely feel soon. She is not jealous too to see this kind of this situation instead feel joy that rushing over her, just like now. Seeing their smile make her smile too. It's so beautiful to be watched.

There is a quite big stone in front of her but she didn't notice it due too focus at the family. Having no luck for today, She accidentally hits them and stumble down in blink of an eyes. Her body already down to the ground and her face almost touch on it.

"Ouh!" She instantly moan in pain, a deep wrinkle in her eyebrows showed up right away. Her bag fell off from her shoulders.

Yongguk stops taking another step when he heard the sound from her. Quickly, he spins his head to the side and found her on the ground already with such a mess. 

"I'm okay, I'm fine" Yurin immediately lifts up her right hand to him, showing him that she is totally fine. His eyebrows automatic furrow in confused, "I didn't say anything"

"Exactly, because you don't care, I get it" she grins and laugh a bit, didn't budge on her spot. Yongguk's face just serious and there is nope sign of sympathy on it.

"Then, what are you waiting for? or you really need my help?"He casually asks, shoving his phone inside his pocket.

"Yes, please" She said immediately. Yongguk glances at her for a second and when he was about to bend down, Yurin quickly cuts off "Help me take my bag pack" She adds.

"Of course, Do you think I'm going to help you to get up?" He beamed to her, snatching the bag pack away from the ground with a bit rough. While, Yurin hurriedly pushing herself up and fix her skirt back, pulling them down, ignoring his words. It's such a hurtful yet disrespect words to be heard and she is too lazy to talk back .

She is busying check her uniform if there is any dust that she was not wipe off yet when suddenly He hands her bag back in front of her face almost touching her nose. Yurin nearly jumps due to his rude action then throw her gaze over him. She eventually take her bag back in her hand "Thank you" 

He didn't say anything instead roaming his eyes over her, looking up and down "Your skirt.." He trailed off.

"What? What about my skirt? are you a ert too besides a weird guy?" Yurin backs away, saying in nervous. Yongguk frowns, staring up at her "Weird guy?"

"Yes, weird guy. you have just mentioned a while ago. You didn't feel anything and hurt and so on. Are not that call weird? you're weird" Yurin raises up her eyebrows to him, stating anything that come from her heart.

Yongguk just shrugs "Whatever you're saying"

He begin to walk first, placing both his hands inside his pocket this time. Yurin presses her lip into line and start to walk follow him.

"Where do you live?" Yurin asks, after being silent. They are walking a bit different than before. She is not beside him instead, behind him which having a bit gap between them but still Yongguk could hear her talking through his back. The sky turn dark already, as a sign that the night has come. Yurin still clueless where their feet bring them and she really doesn't have any destination now but only her house.

"What make you believe I will answer you?" A question against a question and there is no tone in his voice. Yurin pouts secretly since he didn't see her.

"Just asking, if you don't want to answer it. well, What can I say then" She shrugs, watching the back of his feet moving forward.

"Go home, Yurin" Yongguk abruptly mutters in emphatic, didn't bother to look back at her. Yurin lifts up her head "What?"

"Go home, and stop following me now" He repeated, said it in serious tone. Yurin checks the time instantly and quite surprised. It's getting really late now and this is first time she is being outside for a long time. Everyone in her house sure are waiting for her. 

"Okay" She comes near him a bit from behind and tap twice his back "I go first, bye!"

She turns on her heel before walking away, heading to the way of her house. Yongguk didn't stop nor sending her figure away, instead keep walking forward without looking back.

...

Yurin opens the big door of her house and being greeted by her maid who is running to her immediately. "Yurin-ah where are you going? everyone was worried" 

"I'm sorry for being late, ahjuma" She apologized and smile a bit at the old woman who has been working for their family about 12 years. she just nods but her face can't hide it from being a concern to her.

"Where is my mom?" Yurin asks while dropping her shoes down. The old woman quickly take off Yurin's bag from her shoulders before putting into her.

"In the kitchen, preparing dinner" She softly replies, following Yurin who walk in to the living room.

"You look tired, Yurin-ah, your mother is not going to like it if she saw you." She adds. Yurin bites her bottom lip. "I'm fine, I will go up to my room now"

The woman only press her lips into a line, didn't have anything to say anymore. she just let Yurin climb up the staircase by herself.

"Yurin, Are you home now?" 

Before she reaches the top of the stairs, a voice of her mother could be heard. Yurin stops taking any step and sigh "Yes, I am" But she answer it eventually.

"Where are you going? You know what is time now?" Her mother raise a bit her voice from the kitchen. Yurin grips the railing of the staircase in plenty of feelings inside her heart then lose it.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again" She said, knowing her mistake.

"Okay, but next time, don't come home late again. it's not good for your body, especially at night" Her mother said, a bit calm than a minute ago. it's sound full of concerned. Of course, she is her mother after all. Yurin breathe out," I know" she mumbles slowly.

"I'll going to take a shower" She then informs to her mother.

"Okay, after that, coming down, eating dinner" 

Yurin didn't reply but climbing back the stairs, making a quiet sigh. She arrived at the room before twisting doorknob and walk in frazzled to her large room. She throws her on the bed, and planning to lay down but her body jerk away all of sudden.

"Ouch, ouch, that's hurt! I forgot! I forgot! Stupid you, Yurin!" She yells in pain before standing up again. She whine silently, afraid of her mother would hear it from downstairs then stroll carefully over the big mirror in her room. she stands stiff in front of it and making a deep sigh. Her fingers slowly lift up the hem of her skirt and revealed her knee with a wound on it and blood come out a bit from her skin. That's what she was trying to hide after slipped down earlier.

"You're so clumsy, Mee Yurin" She mumbles to herself.

...

Three days after, they are having a school as usual and Yurin's wound is getting well each days passed. But too bad, it's going to leave a scar on her knee and she really can't help unless to accept it. During these three days, She didn't talk with Yongguk just like usual she did before. They are just like strangers to each other even they would meet in the class and see each other faces.

"Okay class, before I go out, I have something want you guys to do." The art teacher suddenly announced, pulling all their attention in the class. Then almost all of them let out a sound of dissatisfied over the new from the young teacher. Yurin quickly lifts up her head and look straight at the teacher, paying more attention than a minute ago.

She claps her hand to shut them up and spread a wide smile "Don't worry this project will add almost half percent in your final exam, all you need to do is making the project more interesting and with a good quality. I know, every of you have a ability to do it, So, I don't need to worry much"

They all keep silent before whispering to each other, musing at her words again.

"And.." She cuts them off, looking one by one her students. All their eyes on her again, waiting her to finish. "You guys are not going to do it alone, because it will be two people for one project. so decide your partner now then tell me soon. I will give you what a topic should you do it with your partner." Her soft voice echoes around again.

Yurin quickly make a heavy sigh.

"Why must have a partner, I have no one to pair up with" She murmurs to herself, digging her head into her cross-armed in the table.

"Okay, have everyone decide yet who is your partner?" After a few minutes, she asks the students. All of them except Yurin, nodding their head and some especially the boys yell 'yes' to her.

"Yurin?" She called when she caught only her didn't give a single response instead having her head down. She quickly lifts up her head "Yes?"

"What's wrong?" She asks in concerned. Yurin gets up and drawing her fingers in circle on the table in nervous. "Can I do it alone?"

"Why? You don't have a partner?" she throws another questions as if know what the problem she is having now. Yurin can't help but nod timidly.

"Well, There is one person left, if you don't mind to be paired up with him.." She trailed off, shift her gaze away, looking at the back. Yurin instantly look over her shoulder and a smile immediately appeared on her lips.

"No, I don't mind at all" she said right away, everyone in the class gasp at her brave words. but she just ignore it.

"Is that fine Yongguk-shi?" The teacher asks to the serious male at the back. Yongguk's eyes not on the teacher instead on Yurin who is raising her eyebrows at him secretly. He makes a deep breath,

"What a nightmare" He mutters, which Yurin can catch it from a far before buried his face into his arms on the table.

"Well, I take that as a yes" Their teacher said, since he surprisingly didn't object about it for the first time.