Question after question

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 17


Today is the end of the week before weekend starts again. The day that every person are starting to get laziest than they already are. This early morning, Yurin had got an offered a ride by her mom to take her to the school and she just agreed with it without any protest.

Outside of a car, there is a various of the vehicles passing by non stop, especially in the morning, where everyone are busying head to their destination, like- work place, market, school and etc. The sun is beginning to rise little by little and fully took a place which having no chance for a moon to shine like they did at the whole night. It's only a dim of a moon and not everyone can see through the sun, unless pay more attention up in the sky and looking for a natural beauty.

Yurin's gaze stay on the glass of the window car while her finger running across her locket on her neck. She slightly feels a huge thankful when her necklace was found yesterday and if she didn't found them, her mom is going to be sad and she'd never forgive herself for making her sad for twice. Yurin knows her mom has been suffering a lot, plus when she has a daughter like her but Yurin tries to blind herself to not noticing her mom obvious misery yet she can't do anything about it. Yurin is also anguished.

"You don't have to go to school, if you want to" Her mom said from driver seat. Yurin slowly turns her head over her mom "Why all of sudden?"

She had her back deep on the passenger seat unusually as her weight completely put on it. She watches the side of her mom face as she drives carefully.

Her mom takes a quick glance over her daughter before opening again, "You look tired, honey" She said in worried.

Yurin smiles, turning back her face on the window, "I'm fine"

"You are not, I can see it now" Her mom insists. It's not a lie and she did see her face a bit pale after saw her in the morning and she hates it to see her daughter at the kind of condition. It's make her worry grow higher. That's the reason why she was offering her a ride.

A heavy sigh left Yurin's dry lips "Please mom, Don't start it, I said I'm fine" Her voice sound light and almost didn't hear it.

"It's not like, I start anything or what. but you're too stubborn. Why you have to force yourself, Yurin. Please for once listen to me" Her mom burst out in unsatisfied. The radio inside the car she turns off and shut the music instantly. The silent fill up around both of them.

"I do listen to you" She mutters. Her mom grunts at her daughter. "No, you don't. You won't listen to me and I'm tired of it. You make me and your father helpless. Please don't add problem we already have."

Yurin secretly bite on her bottom lip, feeling upset a bit. "I'm sorry, I'm a problem." 

Mrs Mee wordless for a moment, as apart a little, she smacks her lips back as close her eyes for a second. "Yurin, it's not like What I mean" She said honestly, guilty takes over. The steering she clutch strongly in front of her, trying hide her feelings over her daughter.

Yurin has been trying not to screw up a thing like this but, there is always happens unexpectedly.

"No, it's fine, I understand, mom" Yurin murmurs, and making her mom shuts afterward and no one utter anything until they reach the school.

...

After the bell rang for a break time, everyone in the class gone to the canteen in a minute and Yurin apparently was the last person to get out as heading to somewhere but canteen. She seems don't have mood to have any meal and she even didn't bother to greet Yongguk in the first period of their class.

Somehow she should respect his privacy and let him being by himself. Yurin needs time for herself too that's why she understands him. Plus, she feels as if she knows Yongguk for a long time after hooking up with him for about a few months. It's make her know him better every each days despite he doesn't much revealed about himself. 

To be true, she doesn't want to ruin this untitled relationship between her and the male. It's worth for her and she is not sure if it's worth for him too but all she could figured out, he seems still want her to disappear from his sight as always. It's make her wonder of one thing, just how she is wondering from her parent too.

Yurin saunters off through the long, silent hall while having both her hands behind her back. The window beside her had opened wide for the air and wind to get into the block school, waving her tied hair a bit. Today her hair had been pulled up into a high pony tail without bangs instead she lets a few of strands hair on either sides of her head down which make her look like twelve year old girl.

She gets down the stair as walk to the picnic table that placed at the between of two blocks. She slowly takes a seat on them and watch the cozy patio around her before dropping her head on the table. She turns her head to the left as blocking her left ear. She taps her finger on the surface of table, letting out a different sound of tapping. it sounds clear and make her more relax. Her eyes watch an only tree that stood strongly over there for a few seconds before shutting her eyes. Her breath goes in and out in soft way as she feels her chest moving on the table.

"Err, excuse me"

Yurin opens her eyes immediately as jerk up her head into the sudden voice. She looks around and found a boy standing behind her with a nervous expression draw on his face. Yurin frowns but answer eventually "Yes?"

The boy seems awkward as rub the back of his neck timidly. Inside of his head, trying to arrange the right words to speak up. "I'm sorry for disturbing you, but I only saw you here. You know.." He pause, clearing his throat once when Yurin's eyes stay focus on his white pale face. "I just got enrolled into this school, so I kinda.. erm.. lost" he seems embarrassed for a second.

Yurin spins around her body completely as face the boy in front of her right now. "Are you a transfer student?"

The boy quickly adjust his glasses before answering "Yes" 

Yurin nods, "Well, I'd love to help anyway" She beams with a wide smile across her face. His face flush a bit, "Thank you" he mutters.

Yurin waves her hand away, "It's not a big deal, since you found me. There's really no one here. All of them are in the canteen" She gets up then lead him away. He doesn't say anything instead follow the girl he just met a minute ago.

"By the way, where are you heading to?" She stops for a while, turning around and look at the startled boy, who froze himself after Yurin makes an abrupt stop and they almost bumped into each other. The boy steps back a little, "I just looking for office room. The guard told me the office is here, but I still couldn't find them until now" He explains. 

Yurin smiles again, "I think you mistook the block" She said.

"Oh, really?!" He nearly shout in front of her, with his eyes wide open.

Yurin giggles amused, "You're cute"

He got red again at her random words. They still in the patio, still didn't move their feet. Suddenly Yurin points her finger toward the block beside them "This is the right block, it's just next to it" Yurin nods at the boy. Then, both of them walk to the block and lead him in sincere.

...

Yurin comes back from the office room and approaching the picnic table that she just sat a few minute ago. She takes a deep breath as a small smile play on her lips. She just loves to help people and easily to get sympathy over something. She make a quick glance on her wrist watch and there still left about five minute before the next class to get started.

She was about to have a seat again, but looking up in the sky for nothing. Yurin's lips apart a bit. The sky sure looks beautiful as always, but that's not the point, she is looking at it for too long. The head of someone stuck out from the rooftop and she knows the person. He is standing near the railing while observing the view in front of him. For a second, she saw an vague smoke come out through his mouth but not that clear. The weather a bit cold around the air and winter is starting to come after this month but yet she is not sure herself.

Yurin left the picnic bench behind and sprint off to the staircase that lead to the roof immediate. She climbs up with a bit fast pace and about to reach at the top, the door burst open all of sudden, revealing his tough figure at the frame door. Yurin flinches as she stops her feet on the five last steps away from when he is standing at. She slowly looks up and watch him. His blazer hangs on his right shoulder while his shirt went out from his pants. his loose dappled necktie fly softly by the wind from the roof.

"Yongguk" His name left .

Yongguk gives her a stare before blinking away, hopping down the stair one by one as plop the small candy in his mouth. He past her without looking at her and Yurin blinks her eyes at the ignorance. For a seconds, she chase after him through the stairs. Yurin appears in front of him and spread her arms wide for preventing him steps down "Wait"

Yongguk stops and look down at her with his dark eyes, waiting impatiently.

"Are you still smoking?" She asks nervously, secretly sniff him.

"What if I did?" Typical Yongguk, asking back the question. Yurin bites on her lower lip when his breath smell grape from the candy he ate a minute ago.

"It's not good for your health" She mutters, looking at him with narrow eyes. Yongguk avoids her stare instantly and about to walk off but Yurin quickly catch his strong arm and make the male look at her again.

"What?" He spits out, almost in anger.

"I'm sorry, I'm just wondering am I a burden to you since we met?" She asked softly, letting his arm go from her grip. 

"Am I like those people who are you hate the most?" She adds again, letting his gaze burn up through her eyes. "I feel like I'm someone who is like to burden everyone. How many time I tried to help but I'm end up trouble them instead."

"Why are you asking? Why are you telling me this?" Yongguk suddenly speak up, after being silent for too long. Yurin looks away eventually and watch the wall behind him. "I don't know, just wondering"

Yongguk grunts under his breath when he heard her simple answer. "Look Yurin"

"I've been holding this too long to ask you.." He said, grabbing her attention entirely, he leans in a bit when her eyes meet his" Everytime you're asking me something make me wonder.."He trailed off, staring deep in her eyes.

"Are you actually care or curious?" He finally said it. Yurin froze as her jaw hang a bit at his sudden question. She really didn't see that coming from his mouth.

"I-I.." She stumbles on her words, then smack her lips together. Her mind went blank immediately while she tries to find a right words for him. Care and curious are obviously a different words and it's hard for her to decide or.. she really have the answer? To be honest, She still have a zillion things to ask him and she wanted to know it so bad. So, is it really from her curiosity or she really does care about him?

Just thinking about it, suddenly make her head throbbing. "Yongguk, I-" she paused when he steps down one step then reach out his hand. Yurin frowns and watch his finger touch on her under nose. Yurin startled at the sudden action. Just a few seconds, he pulls back his finger with having his lips apart a bit, speechless. 

Yurin wanted to say something but her eyes wide open immediately when she sees a thick red liquid on the tip of his finger.

It's blood.

it's her blood.

Yurin quickly brought her hand to her nose as cupped them with her palm.

She is starting to panic as her body shaking a bit. "I-I'm sorry, I have to go now" She said then runs down the stair without even looking at him anymore.

Leaving Yongguk who now didn't even budge his body at all instead staring at the blood in his finger, confused.

 

 

 

 

 


I just want to remind you, this story is going to end soon, but not sure yet.