A piece of trust

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 7


 

Yurin's hand picks up one of her favorite ice cream, strawberry flavored, before sliding close the large box that filled up various type of ice creams inside them. She strolls around with some groceries in her hand before heading to the cashier counter, cautiously placed the things down. She patiently waits for him to do his work and ready to make a payment. Her eyes watch every his efficiently movement as a wait.

After finished, they exchanged each other plastic bag and money. Yurin shows him a small smile then walking out from the small store along her things.

She lets out a breath, hanging the plastic bag around her right wrist then promptly unwrapping her ice cream. The evening still fresh and young as she walks to her house way. The cozy wind blow around, making the leaves gently undulating upon the trees.

For her, Weekend always boring because there's nothing she can do at all. Somehow, she wanted trying to do something new. But,  the problem is, she doesn't know what, and what kind of activities she has to do. She really doesn't have any idea about it. Since she is a single child in her family, her life just being accompanied by dolls and stuff, and there’s no one by her side all the time, especially her parent.

However, she seemed to already get used by that fact and didn’t even complain them at all.

She silently on her ice cream, and her feet moving through the small pathway beside busy street. She noticed some of people nearby here, walking here with their family, jogging along the path, and get a fresh air just like she did now. It’s such a lovely sight for her that to be watched and a smile appeared on her small lips instantly. She really loves to see that. A lot.

A sudden bumped on her shoulder, snapping her into reality, when her ice cream accidentally slipped off from her hand due to the effect.              

“Ah sorry, sis” The young female girl apologized to her. Yurin turns to the person immediately.

“Oh, that’s fine” Yurin spreads her smile to her, but her face seems to worry about that, when she keeps on glancing between yurin’s face and the poor ice cream on the ground.

“..and I’m sorry about your ice cream too. You have not finished yet but I already ruined it, I’m really sorry” She bows guilty. Yurin blinks for a second before touching her arm softly.

“No, I said, that’s fine. Don’t worry, I can buy a new one. It’s just a cheap ice cream” She tried to pressure her then giggle a little to show that she really doesn’t mind about that.

“Hmm.. Ok.” She hesitated a little before nodding “and I’m really sorry” she stated again.

Yurin nods and only give her a friendly smile, preferring to not saying anything, since she seems doesn’t want to believe her words. The girl mirrors her, smile too, then turning around and continue to walk again.

Sometime people don’t believe in words, so let’s just show them with an action.

Taking a deep breath inside her lungs, Yurin bends down then picked up her dirty ice cream off the ground before throwing them inside the rubbish bin that happened to be in the corner of pathway. She claps both of her hands together to throw away the dust. Suddenly, the sound of chirp distracted her as well, She lifts up her head and look up. The birds are flying around with joyful across the light yellow sky with slight cloud over there. Yurin’s lips apart a little, secretly amazed by the view.

“Girl, You’re blocking my way”

Yurin startled and jumped a little due to the sudden heavy voice. She dramatically turns around with both of her palms on her chest and to be greeted by the guy who is staring down on her hard. He seems on his phone, when his hand holding the phone that glued on his right ear.

“It’s you” Yurin released a breath of relief right away. She almost got a heart attack because of that, but the guy just rolls up his eyes.

“Move, damn it” He said again. Yurin blinks, “Woah, that words are too harsh” she commented. However she still does as he told, moving to the side slightly, giving him a way to walk. She looks up on his face but only earning his proud smirk.

“Erm, it’s nothing, there was a crazy girl blocking my way” Yongguk told to the person through the line, and walking away, leaving yurin behind.

Yurin gawks right away, “C-crazy girl?” She turns around and only watching his back. She wanted to get mad, but she really sure, there’s no use for that to, because she knows he will never being offended even once.

“You’re talking but nope of them are nice, great. He knows how to annoy people” she mumbles while his figure starting to become small and small when the distance between them increased.

“And I don’t think this pathway small enough for only one person but it can fit at least three people. Did he do that on purpose?” Yurin mused for a second and suddenly she realized she has being there quite long as the sun almost in the end, ready to set on the other place. At last, she shrugs and started to walk home.

…..

The school went so well just like the other days before and Yurin seems don't have a lot problem about that. She always be the best in the class, upgrading her grade on her exam and tried to maintain the number. That's the best she can do for her parent, making them proub and she feels really thankful because of them she existed in this tough world.

Now is break time for all students and the atmosphere around the canteen a bit loud. Yurin hissed under her breath and immediatelly cancel her intention to go over there. Just seeing the crowd, making her feel dizzy completely. She lead her feet away and wander around the school area.

She walks through the hall and there’s two girls, wearing thick make up on their face and come opposite upon her. Yurin just stroll normally, when they are passing over her and starting to speak up.

“Hey, she is the girl who keeps following that scary guy” The wave brown hair mentioned. The other one turning around to check yurin’s face if her friends was telling the true.

“Yeah, she is” she admits, looking at her friend again “She is really brave to get close with him, though”

“I know right, but is not that weird?” She lean in a little to her friend.

“What?”

“She seems to obey him much. There’s must something between them”  She blurt out, forgot that Yurin was there too.

“Like what?” Her friend frown, curiously. Yurin stops taking step any longer and press her lips into line, a while ago she wanted to ignore them but now decided to not to.

“You know, yongguk is not like a normal guy in our school, I bet, he did something to her” She turns her voice into low when she noticed Yurin is looking at her now. Yurin secretly holds in her breath trying not to burst her anger.

Then, the girl goes on with whispering silently over her friend. Yurin tense up right away and clears all of sudden. She walk slightly over them, gritting her teeth.

“You know, who is speaking without knowledge is not a normal one. Just like you” Yurin suddenly stated with smooth voice but deep meaning in it. She really hope they will understand that. Then she walked off, leaving them who are confused by her words.

Yurin instantly lets out a heavy sigh. To be honest, she has been heard that bad talking a lot lately and mostly about Yongguk. She just doesn’t understand and Yongguk never stood up for himself either which confusing her completely. How can he lets all of them bad-mouthed about him? It’s just sound weird.

What she heard about him probably not make sense at all, he is a son of big gangster and his parent make a drug to gain the money. He's being quiet all the time because he wants to keep himself from letting people out there discover about his parent's crime activity. They said, he seemed meet their principal a lot and they considered that their principal already knew about the background of his family. So, they strongly think he might threatened their principal to keep his mouth shut and didn't know what kind of threatened he was given him. 

Yurim seems difficult to believe all their theories, because what have them said and spreaded out, it's rather sound more like a rumor in Yurin's ears. When she asked them how did they know all about this, they only heard from mouth to mouth and no one even giving her the actual answer which satisfied her at all.

"Why are you so hard to listen to me?"

Yurin snaps right away, back to the reality. All her trances gone as soon as the familiar voice slapped her eardrums. She slows down her pace and trying to listen to it.

"I don't understand why you seem are not satisfied with me, Mr. Kang" Yongguk's voice could be heard afterward which making Yurin stops her feet instantly. She seems hesitated but steps forward eventually before peeking behind the wall.

"Because you're always rude to me!"

Her shoulders lift up a little due to the voice of principal who is having his back against Yurin. At the same time, she can clearly see Yongguk's face right now because his position that facing her even he didn't look at her. Yurin holds in her breath in uneasy. 

"What if I say I hate you?" Yongguk challenged the older. His face shows nothing expression. Mr. Kang hissed under his breath.

"For what? For being your mother's husband" He asked. Yurin pulls back her head and hide behind the wall, pressing her back on the flat wall. She looks down then flick her right feet over the floor randomly.

"Yeah, I don't really like the fact much. Because of you, I've been forced to get into this ing school" He didn't raise his voice but remain them with smooth. His eyes narrow hard over the older. Mr kang was about to open his mouth but Yongguk quickly raised up his hand, stopping him from doing so.

"And the part I hate the most is I have to see you everyday in this school. You know, I never approved you in my family because I don't need a father." He pause.

"But my mother does. She needs a husband to take care of her, that's the point I'm being here and you don't have the right to control me. Mind your own business and I will do mine." He adds, then walk off without even listening to the principal.

"Yongguk!!" He hollers but got ignored by his step son of course. Mr. Kang take a deep breath to calm himself before stepping into his office room back. The loud sound of the door been slamming could be heard, echoing around the air.

Yurin seems space out for a moment on her spot when suddenly she feels dark in front of her. She looks at the tall figure that towering her right now.

"You heard, right?" Yongguk's deep voice boom in the air. He saw her a minute ago but he pretended to not to.

She slowly lifts up her head, looking into his eyes. She didn't answer but pulling her small lips into smile.

His eyes study her simple smile.

"!" He punches the wall beside Yurin's head all of sudden.

"Why you have to find out everything about me?" He pissed off said, mostly to himself and run his fingers through his black hair, messing them completely. 

He turns around, then mumbling something under his breath that Yurin can't catch every single of his words. Yurin presses her lips together and watch him calmly.

Yongguk abruptly turned back then he places his fingers on both of her cheeks, squeezing them hardly. He stares down at her.

"Listen Yurin, keep this from everyone or else.." he tightly the grip over her chin and cheeks. Yurin tense up by the effect.

He was about to open his mouth again when suddenly Yurin grips his cheeks too with her fingers, mirroring him. She squeezed his cheeks as hard as he did to her right now. Yongguk flinched by her brave move.

"Just want you to know that I don't like you squeeze my cheeks like this and you have to feel too, so how does it feel, huh?" Yurin talked back with her voice uneven a little because of squeezing cheeks. It didn't sound funny nor serious, it just come naturally from her.

Yongguk stares at her eyes for a moment, as if he wants to burn them before quickly released her cheeks free then roughly take off her hands out of his face.

Yurin snickers amusingly by his reaction "I guess you don't like too"

Yongguk turned away, hiding his obviously frustrated face. He cursed under his breath secretly.

Clearing .

"Or else what? You are going to kill me Yongguk?" Yurin asked all of sudden, slightly sound joke. He looks at her again and mused for a second.

"Nope, I don't think a joke will offend you, so I'm going to say I won't forgive you" he stated, while observing her reaction with those dark eyes.

Yurin looks at him back, startled. She bites her inner check.

The most she afraid of, is people who won't forgive her for her mistake, because those feelings are killing her really bad. She will be suffered with guilt feelings. She just hates it.

She takes a deep breath then focusing on him again.

"I don't know you are going to trust me or not, even you didn't warn me, I will still keep my mouth shut. If you really know me, you will trust me for sure." She breathes out.

Hearing her statement, he shakes his head immediately.

"I never know you" He paused for a second, "but I will trust you, and just remember once you break my trust on you, you will never get one, Mee Yurin"

"I won't, I promise" Yurin tries to convince him with huge confidence acroos her face.

"Then, I will keep your words" He mumbles then turn on his heel, walking away to long silent hall. 

"Wait" She shouts when he turned, but got ignored. Yurin quickly rushes after him, trying to match with his steady pace.

"Soo-"

"Trusting you, it doesn't mean we are friends, Yurin" Yongguk cutted off her right away, without even looking over her, who is casually walking by his side already.

"How about we get an ice cream after period school end?" She ignored his words and asking him anyway.

Yongguk stops instantly, so does Yurin. He turned to her with pissed off face.

"I don't eat ice cream, and now get out of my face" He harshly stated with a small growl and begin to walk again.

Yurin blinks for a second, before running after him for a second time. "Aww, you want some space for yourself? I understand. I will go now, bye!" She pats his shoulder once then, did as yongguk told her.

Yongguk stares at the running girl in front of him then his fingers pinch his temple.

"Oh god, she is weird"