His phone number

Curious or Care

 

CHAPTER 10 


"Here, for you guys" A small paper has been passed to Yurin. Mrs Kang who known as their art teacher smile sweetly over the girl in front of her. Yurin is the last person to meet her upon her classmate. 

Yurin reaches out her hand then pick up the paper from the teacher table. She looks at the paper and quietly read them.

"The theme is not that hard right?" The teacher's voice greet her ears. She takes off her eyes from the paper before gazing at her young teacher, shaking her head. "No, not at all"

Mrs kang nods "I think the same too, since both of you have special skill" She said, slightly praise both Yurin and Yongguk. "I see, both of you seem close to each other. I'm glad to see that, since no one talks to him" She adds, making Yurin presses her lips together, preferring didn't say anything about it. 

Mrs Kang as if sense an uncomfortable feeling over the girl before open again "Alright, that's all I want to say. You can go back to your seat"

Yurin nods and bow a little.

"And good luck" She encouraged a bit before Yurin could even walk away. Yurin smiles sincerely "Thank you" She mutters.

Yurin turns around while Mrs Kang starts to get up from her seat then gather all her books in her hand, ready to go out from the class since her period already finished. The next class is gonna be history and the subject is the most entire students hate it, only a nerd would like it.

Yurin strolls around and her eyes catch a figure who is still having his head on the table. She didn't go straight to her seat instead bring her legs toward his desk. The sleep male she approaches cautiously before knocking the table with her fingers, trying to gain his attention.

"Wake up~" She sings song over him. Yongguk slowly lifts up his head off his arm then shot her a stare.

"I'm not sleeping" He stated with his voice a bit uneven when he mumbled on his arm. Yurin clears once then placed the small paper she got a minute ago on his table, nearly in front of him.

He ogled the paper with his eyes then remain silents, already figure out what is the paper telling about. Then, while his chin rest on his fold arm, he looks up at Yurin who is patiently stand beside his table, waiting for some words to come out from the male's mouth.

"Are you not tired wearing that long sock?" He asked all of sudden, completely having Yurin in confused state by the unexpected question.

"Wha-"

"Why? Did your knee being ugly already?" Yongguk cuts her off. Yurin hangs open, surprised by his words. She was not expecting that at all and now, she is speechless.

"How did you know?" She asked eventually with wrinkles in between her eyebrows.

He squinted over her for a short time before looking straight in front of him, didn't look into her eyes anymore.

"It's not that hard to guess anyway, you had pulled down your skirt then you walked behind me afterward" He explained, telling about that day they were together at town. Half of his face is hiding on his crosssed arm on the table and only her eyes visible right now.

Yurin remains silent for a second and her face slowly calm. She secretly glances down at her long sock that reach almost her thighs, completely covered her injury knee. She started wearing that in the school after she got the wound that day, it was three day ago.

"So, I can see, you are starting to concern about me, huh?" Her intonation changes right away as glance at the male with the corner of her eyes, testing him in silent.

Yongguk runs his gaze away and look at Yurin who is raising her eyebrows to him. "Not really, I just stated what I have see and it's just happened that I know about it" He wisely reasoned.

Yurin silently keeps her smile when she notices something different in Yongguk lately. He seems speak a lot with her, he even responding everything she said and not gonna ignore it like he always did before.

It's such a relief for her.

"Not gonna believe it" She joked, shoving her hand into her skirt pockets. Then, she lifts a bit her right leg when it placed her wound and show to him, "Do you want to see it or give me a hand to treat my wound, Bang Yongguk-shi?"

She still in a joke mode and Yongguk straighten his body right away, before his hand supporting his chin and his elbow on the surface of the table. His eyes shot over her eyes, staring hard before open his mouth.

"I don't like to waste my time for something that's not important to me and I believe you already did that by yourself, Mee Yurin" He casually said, still glueing his eyes over her.

Yurin tsked then pouts after hearing his words. Sounding such an arrogant in Yurin's ears.

Yongguk flips the small paper in front of him with his free hand then push it to her, "Write down your number, I'm going to call you sooner or later about the project"

He seems has changed the topic but Yurin didn't object it instead take his pen that was placed on his table since early then write down her numbers in front of Yongguk. She straightens back her posture when she done.

He pulls back the paper over him and without looking at it, he shoves them in his pocket. Yurin frowns.

"How about your" She asks, when he didn't show a sign of giving his phone number to her.

"You don't need it, just wait my call" He leans his back on his chair this time, crossing his hands over his chest. The noisy classmates he observes in blank, didn't look at her again.

"What if you don't make a call?" She tilted her head over him. A deep breath left his mouth immediately.

"Get back to your seat" He demand in uninteresting. Yurin quickly groans when he is trying to avoid the question.

"Do you know what you are doing? I mean, can't you just give me your number. It's going to be fair enough for us and will make thing become easy, since we're working together." She blunts, trying to search his calm face. He sighs silently.

"Look, Yurin" Yongguk turns his head to her "I perfectly know what am I doing, now drop your doubt and don't ask me anything" 

Yurin tiny her eyes for a second, returning his rage stare. Somehow, she wanted to burst out her anger at the male when he takes everything easy around him. But, She doesn't want to put a finger on it yet, because she knows, Yongguk is not that stupid.

"Okay" she decided, giving up eventually.

"But, make sure you make a call" She adds, poking the side of him bravely. 

Yongguk stays still, showing no expression on his face right now. He seems trying to ignore her again. Yurin almost shakes her head at the weird male that she ever met in her life.

"Don't be rude, at least make a nod or give out such a response, can't you?" She sincerely remarked. 

He rolls up his eyes before humming loudly at her, sounding a bit force in Yurin's ears. She bites her lower lips then walk back to her seat, left the guy alone. She secretly sigh and wonders how this project is going to be.

...

The Friday night, Yurin sits alone in her large room and doing her some homeworks on her study table. Her room seem vague with only accompanied by the tiny light on the table in front of her. She is so focusing writing everything down when her hand suddenly stops moving, raising her head up from the book.

"When will he make a call?" She questioned herself. it's almost a week and they didn't even discuss about the project yet. She once wanted to ask him at the school but afraid that is not going to work it. She makes a heavy sigh before continuing to do her homework.

"Honey, stop that and go to bed now. it's nearly reach midnight" Her mom appeared through the slightly open door and pop out her head to look at her daughter.

Yurin promptly turns around her head and to be greeted by her mother's small smile.

"Yes, mom" She softly replies, then put down the pen. Mrs Mee nods before closing slowly the door and went to her own room.

Yurin turns back her head at the book and stare at it for a minute. Gradually, her hand close the book and tidy up her messy table. She gets up, letting the sound of the chair has been pushing out onto the cold floor. Taking her phone in her hand, she strolls to the bed then lay down, pulling up the cover until reach her shoulders.

Yurin peeks at her screen phone for a moment, before turning on her side then placing the phone on her bedside table.

But for a minute, her phone ring up while vibrating on the surface of the table in causing them to move a bit. Yurin jolts up her head and peek a bit before reaching out her hand again then take her phone.

The number seems foreign completely and having her in confused for a while. She glances at the time and notice that's quite late for someone to make a call right now.

Yurin gets up and sit on the bed.

At last, left her in dilemma whether to answer it or not. Her heart shakes up a bit in uneasy, however, she slide the green button to the right and placed her phone on her ears, waiting for the caller.

"Yurin, it's me"

The heavy voice greeted her eardrum. The first thing she does is breathe out in relief.

"You scared me, Yongguk. What is on your mind to call me at late at night?" She almosts yell but remain her voice, don't want to get mad yet.

"You have been waiting, right?" He asked casually and if he was in front of her, Yurin might punch right on his face.

"Yes, you are too late to make a call and if you give me your numbers, it's going to be easy for me to call you or at least our project will get done half of it" She explained, sounding a bit nag.

"You seem mad" He stated, testing her.

Yurin breathes out immediately "No" . 

"Why would I mad, it's useless for me and nothing for you either" She said, as if can predict him. her hand picks up the small pillow and placed over her lap

"Whatever" He grumbles. "When will we start the project?" He gets back to the point the reason he calls her.

"First of all, give me your phone's number and are you really seriously using public phone now?" Yurin frowns when she asked that. She figures out now that the foreign number is not actually from cell phone.

Yongguk groans "Don't waste my time, Yurin"

"Fine, I don't know. You call me all of sudden, then how would I give you answer really quick?. She mutters, tired of arguing with him. The silence abrubly took over the line for a few seconds before the sound of his breath could be heard by her.

"Okay, We will start tomorrow . All you need to do is prepare a laptop and I will make drawing" and before she could ask him anything, the long sound greets her ears clearly, showing that he hangs up the line afterward.

"Yongukkkkk!!" She yells, pulling off her phone from her ears "You didn't tell me the place, stupid!!" She clutches her own phone in her hand. she tries to call him back but something hit her. A loud growl out from in frustration due to the fact she doesn't have his number. At last, She throws her phone onto the bed, rubbing her face to calm herself.

For a second, her phone ring again and quickly she picks up, without bothering to take a look at the caller ID.

"I told you to tell your phone number." She beams her words through her grit teeth, breathing in and out, without even yelling and just her voice vibrate a bit, swallowing her anger obviously. 

Well, an anger doesn't suit her.

"Do you like me?" He asked all of sudden, response to her.

Yurin startled and speechless for a second. "I'm not" her heart skip a bit for once.

"Then, why you are too desperate wanting my number?" He asks again, Yurin shuts her eyes for a moment, tired to be honest. "Seriously" She whispers to herself.

"You are really ridiculous. forget it. Now, Tell me, where should we meet up" I get into the point, and ignore his stupid question. it will be better if she drops the topic.

But he didn't answer as otherwise pressing his lips into line. "I don't know" He answers kindly this time, with a light voice.

"I don't think my house is good idea" She quickly said, thinking about him coming to her house. Her family is going to against it because they don't want her to bring anyone in her house, especially a male.

All of sudden, She thinks of one place and about to open , but he cuts her off just in time,

"No library. I don't like people" He seriously remarks. Yurin sigh secretly "Then, where?" and she didn't even ask about his house because the answer is obviously can be guessed by her. Of course, not their school either because tomorrow is weekend.

There's silent again, Yurin can hear the sound of something through the line. As if he is knocking. His fingers taps for several times to the side of the big telephone in front of him while thinking. his hard breath brushes against the telephone he is holding now and straightly goes to Yurin's ears.

"Look," He stops tapping. She straighten her body and ready to hear him. "Let's play game" He stated simply.

"What?" Yurin frowns deeply. how those things come up all of sudden into his mind? It's unreadable,

"What game?" She asked eventually. Yongguk smirks secretly when he sense she is interesting.

"We will make this project in my house" He starts and her eyes wide automatically, didn't expect that at all. "Really?"

Yongguk hums into the line, probably nod too. Yurin smiles,

"But," He cuts her mood off. "My house is not as easy as you think to go" He told her. Yurin's eyebrows wrinkle again for a second time, preferring listen to him first.

"So, this is a game. If you make it come to my house, I'm going to give you my phone number since we are going to work on the project for three months" He explained.

Yurin mused for a moment, before agreeing with this weird game "Ok, I'm in"

"There is a lot of thing you're going to through it, like really dangerous for a girl and if you fail to make it- I mean, if you turn back without even showing yourself in front of my house. I won't give my number and we will constantly connect each other like this during these three months. How it is?" He smoothly stated the game and waiting for her response.

"How dangerous it is?" She didn't answer instead ask him a question.

"My house is quite hidden" He drops his voice low and Yurin secretly swallow her saliva in horror, finding hard for her. "Okay, I will try"

 

 

 

 

 

 


BAP is going to comeback!