Necklace

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 16


Class dismissed by their English teacher upon the bell once rang. The last lesson of today already end and everyone is busying packing things up on their table, readying to get out from the room. Yurin inhales quietly, English is not her favorite subject and she think there is so burden to her for learning them. while Yongguk seems pretty good in English, and she even saw him buy an English books before. So, there is no surprise if he was so focus during the class just now.

The glimpse of Yongguk's figure walk passed her table with a bag slung onto his left shoulder. He is walking straight to the door way and Yurin looks at him with half confused and half surprised.

"Yongguk, wait-" Yurin reaches out her hand, to prevent him to go from her desk, but too bad, he already skips away from the door before disappearing behind it.

Yurin lets out a weary sigh "Did he forget?" She mumble, slowly getting up from her chair. She walks down through the door class then passing the long hall as heading to the gate school. As she walking, she looks beside her, outside the window. The sun radiating the whole of school, the salty air penetrating the space of open window and blowing her hair softly. Her pace become slowest ever after a moment ago and the empty hall accompany her well which giving her much comfortable feelings. not having people around.

"Is this how Yongguk feel? being alone?" She monologues, it feels more relax and she knows it. She used to feel it too, always wanted to be alone, to be by herself but at the same time she wants to have someone, just one person being by her side.

Once she reached outside the block, she caught a familiar figure as a gasp left . Quickly, she runs toward him, feeling confused a bit. The strap of her bag she clutches hard, a bit burden when she is running hurriedly.

"Yongguk" Yurin tries breath normally once she arrived before lifting her head up to the male in front of her. which the one surprisingly waiting for her that she didn't even expect at all after he left the class a while ago. Yongguk looks down at her with both his hands shove his pants and his back leaned comfortably against the huge wall of the gate and she knows she was making him wait too long just now.

Feeling guilty, she claps once both of her palms together "I'm sorry, I thought you forg-" Yongguk pushes his body off the wall then walk off, leaving Yurin with her uncompleted words behinds.

Yurin drops both her hands to the sides immediately, then pouts a little bit at his habit behaves. "Rude"

She silently tailed him from behind, following his feet. While above them covering with the pale clouds and the light blue in the sky. It's so nice to be in the street or the park right now.

As they are walking, Yurin notices something is fishy for a second. At the time, they are in the town and it feels like they took the street a bit long than before. It's not supposed to be long before they reach the alley that she used to through it. she looks up at Yongguk's back head then turn around her, gazing at the variety of the stores in perplexed.

"Yongguk, where are we going actually?" She asks, still having her eyes on every stores they had past. She realized the before alley already have a few meters away from where they are now. She frowns and make her more curious over the boy.

"My home, of course" He said, sounds simple. it's like not a big deal to be worried about.

Yurin took a big step ahead and match with his pace as walking next to him "Are you sure? I mean, are not we supposed to take that alley?" Yurin points her finger behind, tilting her head a bit with completely puzzled. The side of his face she watches weirdly. He remains silent afterward, still not looking a her, even a glance.

Yurin doesn't push him anymore but gaze at him for a bit long. "I guess I know what is it" She said, after a moment and he still the same, which tense the girl a bit.

"You told me the difficult way to go to your house but, there's still another path, right? I bet there is easy one to head to your place." She smoothly said,

"I didn't lie to you at least. It's weird if you were mad at me" He casually states and she bite on her lips.

"I know" She mumbles this time, looking in front of her, as the view of his block getting near to her sight. "But what's the point you did all of this?"

"My point? I don't get it. It was a game, remember? You started it first, keeps asking for my phone number and that's all began. The rules of a game, I can put a difficult one, so why complaining? unless.." He trailed off all of sudden,

Yurin looks at his face now, waiting for his next words, "Unless, I tell you without playing any games. you could get mad at me"

He is right that she shuts tight. Yongguk is smart and Yurin too, so there must have one person between them to let the one win. It's never end if they don't.

And Yurin swallow the fact that he could just give his phone number without playing the game, however without those stupid game, she'd never get a chance to come to his place either, so that's how she was arguing with herself to not saying about that anymore. It's frustrating, to be honest.

Both of them climb the staircase with accompany by the quiet atmosphere around them, no one ever utter anything after the issue until they got in front of his door. Yurin clears for sudden awkwardness between them, it's feel strange to be like this. but Yongguk seems quite calm on other side. He takes the key out from his pocket pants then unlocking the door.

"I wonder have you expect someone to live together with you?" She asked accidentally which mean she didn't mean to ask at the same time.

Yongguk stops with what he was doing then turn to look at her hard. Yurin swallows her saliva, have slight regret on her face. She just have to control herself sometime.

"I mean, your family" She adds, grinning.

He quiet for a moment, before continuing opening his door, avoid her stare. "My mom"

Yurin held in her smile when he still give her answer. An actual answer not a question back.

The door crack wide and revealed inside of his house.

"So, did she knows it?" She asked again. Yongguk was about to step into his house but stop for a second.

"No" he said,

"That's sad" She whispers almost slow.

"Where is she now? I mean I don't think she is living with your step father, right" here, another question left her small lips. Yongguk step in then flip on the swich and the light spread the living room, shining.

"That's enough, you're annoying me with your questions" he finally back to himself. Yurin blinks her eyes but shut again.

"So.." Yurin didn't move by outside of the door instead frozen herself there.

"Give my necklace" She demands, looking straight at the boy.

"Why don't you get in?" He asked as a response, staring at the girl with unreadable eyes. Yurin bites on her bottom lip in insecure.

"It's not like I don't want to, I just come here to get my necklace, that's all. Plus, I've heard once about this, where if you're in love with someone, you will never hurt her" Yurin nervously explains.

"So?" He now leaning his body against the frame of the door, watching her. His eyebrows raise a bit as arms cross over his chest.

"The problem is you don't love me, so you will possibly hurt me, especially now, since only both of us are here" Yurin splits out her words.

There is a few seconds, before he burst into laughter. Like he is laughing hard. Yurin stunned by the view. This is first time he laughs that much.

He covers his mouth with his palm when they seems don't show to a stop as his face got really red. He seems happy for the first time and Yurin is not sure that she should happy too or not. She just watching him and found them quite beautiful to be true.

"You should show your teeth often, it's beautiful" Yurin blunts honestly and his face shuts down immediately. His laugh gone just blind of the eyes, probably realized what had he done just now.

"Don't be silly, Just get in. I forgot where I saw your necklace. so, come in and find by yourself" He turns his body around strolling inside the house. Yurin gawks "Wait, what?"

She finally steps in even it's not on her plan. "You didn't keep them for me?"

"No" He simply said, having his back on her as he picks up the small cushion to the couch. Yurin bites on her inner cheek. "That's ridiculous" She murmurs quietly.

"You saw them but didn't even pick up instead just let it be?" she asked again, with irritated face.

Yongguk turns around and face the poor girl. "Uh huh" his face seems in amused.

"Good luck anyway, I'll right back" He adds, walking past her as he shuts the front door close, before heading to his bedroom that place in the corner. The sound of shutting door a bit loud behind her and she closes her eyes for a second, rubbing her face once. "This guy"

She drops herself down on the shabby couch. No, it more like slamming herself in mad. Yongguk somehow drives her crazy that she might lost her temper for a moment. His scent starts to appear from the soft fabric couch that she is sitting now, getting into her nose. It's smell good, like really manly.

"Where do I have to find them?" She said, with eyes wander on his cold floor. She gets down from the couch then crawl around, looking under coffee table, under the couch and under Television cabinet, but to her disappointment, there is nothing over there. and it makes her wonder, did he clear his living room these past three months? She thinks he did since they are pretty clear just a few dusts laying around there.

She sits with cross-legged while, thinking how to find her necklace. For a second, she looks up and spots something, "Oh?!"

She is so surprised that make her points her fingers to her necklace up there. "My necklace! bwoya? how come-"

She have not finished her words as she get up instantly, quickly approaching the wall that painted with light yellow. There's her necklace, along with frame of art picture. He had hang it there.

"Very smart" She grits her teeth. without waiting any second, she tried to reach up her hand to take it but failed when she notices the frame quite tall. she tried to tip toe too but the result still the same. Yurin grunts.

Suddenly, her phone ring with her favorite ringtone and immediately she runs toward the couch then grab her phone from the bag. It's from her mom. she slide to the green button before placing in her ear.

"Yes, mom?" she started, her eyes watch her necklace in sympathy and think hard how to get it back.

"Where are you, honey? you're supposed to be at home now" She heard her on other line. Yurin bites her lip nervously.

"Ugh, I'm staying in the libary for a while" She lied, closing her eyes for a second. She opens back her eyes and something attracted her in the corner of living room. just something that could help her to take her necklace back.

"Really?" her mom asks,

"Yes, mom. I promise I won't stay too long and I have to hung up now, sorry mom" before she could replied, Yurin pulls off her phone from her ear as press the red button quickly.

She throws her phone inside her bag again then run to get a chair that she spotted a minute ago. She slowly carry them then put it in front of the wall. Carefully she climbs up and a smile form on her pink lips. She unhang her necklace then her fingers run to her locket. It's been a long time she had lost them.

"Such a relief" She mumbles to herself.

Still standing on the chair, she opens her necklace before putting them in her neck by her own. After done, she looks down, watching them shine around her neck and a smile spread again on her lips, She turns around and about to get down but to be greeted by Yongguk's figure, who is standing behind the couch for how long she is not sure. he had changed into his casual cloth which wearing red T-shirt and a black jean, while his hair wet from the shower. His eyes are observing her staright.

"You scared me" Yurin said, jumping off the chair instead getting down slowly. She pulls back the chair to original place and she knows, his eyes didn't get off from her yet. she glance for a second to the boy, before walking up to the couch now, taking her bag on her shoulders.

"I have to go now" She infroms, but yongguk only give her a simple 'hum'.

"And I want you to stop staring" She adds, hiding her nervous. She heads to the door afterward.

"You're welcome" His suddenly said from behind her. Yurin turns, "You really want me to thank you? I thought you won't care"

He shrugs.

Yurin takes a deep sigh, "Thank you anyway."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sorry for the late update.. huhu