Ice cream

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 14


She really sure she didn't hear wrong but that's quite surprise for someone like Yongguk to ask it such a thing anyway. Plus, with the situation they are facing now. Being curious of Yurin, she wanted to ask it once more just for confirmation but Yongguk seems fast with it as He lets off her hand before walking ahead without dragging her anymore. as if trying to run away from saying that words twice.

Yurin's lips apart a bit, wordless completely. She just slight confused but afraid to ask anything either.

Seeing him is getting farther apart in front, making her presses her lips into line right away. With having her head low, she started to tail him from behind.

For these a few minutes, she keeps glancing at the back of his figure, arguing with herself if she should talk to him or not but a part of her saying that he seems doesn't want to talk right now. She can feel his dangerous vibe around but he looks emotionless as well.

"Yongguk" 

No answer.

She seals her lips together again. It's not like Yongguk the one didn't response but her voice didn't come out properly as she wanted. she is completely in dilemma.

At last, she just continues remain silent and follow him.

In her head keeps thinking about the problem now. She can't help but wondering who is the one spreading about his father's status to everyone. As far as she remembers the secret still save in her hand as she promised and she never brought up the topic since the day even in front of Yongguk. This is so hard which she makes a quiet sigh behind, hiding her feelings.

'there's something fishy' She thought, So, she is starting to sense that probably someone had eavesdropped them that day.

The loud noise interrupted her deep thought when both of them finally out from the alley. Yurin looks around her while her feet loyal follow his, strolling to the store. People who are walking passed by, didn't tickle their attention at all.

Yongguk stops stepping anymore as he waits Yurin behind to reach his pace. She notices him as she bravely stands beside him without even looking at him instead the store in front of them. 

"He was serious" She silently mutters. She thought he was just playing around requesting an ice cream.

"What are you waiting for? Go buy it now" Yongguk's cold voice startled her a bit when her shoulders automatically lifts up as an effect. Yurin takes a deep breath before turning to look at him, who is having both of his hands inside of his pocket jean with his eyes on her already.

"If I buy it, are you going to forgive me?" she asked before that.

"Why would I forgive you?" He simply asked back, running his eyes to the store back. Yurin lost her words for a second as her tears begin to fill up the space of her eyes again but trying her best to hold it without letting them fall to her cheeks.

"T-then, let's get inside" She controls her voice from vibrating. She's ready but he cuts her off.

"I'll wait outside"

Yurin didn't say anything as he continues "Just buy only one and I don't mind whatever flavour is it"

After that he walks off, turning around. Yurin breathe out, shutting her eyes for a while and making her tears drop eventually. She quickly wipe off the tears away before pushing the door to get inside.

She went out after a few minutes deciding what kind of ice cream she should buy for Yongguk. What took her long enough is because she was too worry he'd might not like it. Finally, she just took her favorite flavour instead and putting aside whether he like it or not. She keeps back her wallet in her school bag pack and she totally forgot that she just skip the school for the first time.

She looks up and found there's no one outside of the store right now.

"Yongguk?" Yurin turns left to the right, looking for the boy but not in her sight. Her eyebrows wrinkle due to his missing just now.

"Where did he go? did he left me?" She murmurs, stomp off and leave the store. She walks with her eyes wandering the small town and her heart starting to panic, gripping down the plastic bag in her fist.

She shouldn't surprise if Yongguk really did leave her, but still she can't deny herself. Yurin tries to look for him again and when she was about to pass the small alley she noticed something in there. Her feet automatically stops on the spot, turning her body to look at that way.

She presses her lips together as watching Yongguk who is towering a girl that pressing her back on the wall in fear. Yurin doesn't know what is going on right now and still bravely herself approaching them. Yongguk seems completely mad while staring hard at the girl under her but the girl avoid his gaze obviously by turning away her head.

"I'm asking you, why you did that?!" The male raise his deep voice a bit while pointing his index finger toward the poor girl. Yurin startled as she runs toward them instantly.

"Yongguk!"

Yongguk stops before turning his head behind to look at Yurin.

"Why are you yelling at her?" She quickly asked as soon as she reached there. Yurin's eyes glance at the girl with concerned and slight sympathy. Sometimes, she doesn't know what is running through his mind and always acting rude to anyone and she wonder did he does that on purpose.

"You ask her what she did" He simply answers her, stepping back a little before crossing his hands over his chest.

Yurin confused, "But serious, what have she done until you have to yell at her that way?"

Yongguk grunts, giving her unbelievable look. For a second, he runs his fingers through his black hair in frustrated.

"If you want to know, She is the reason you were coming all the way at my house, begging for an apology with your ugly sobs." He said with a tone of sarcastic at the end due to his anger boiled up.

"No way" Yurin mutters half surprised. Yongguk's lips curls at the corner and give her a judgement look.

"What proof you have if she really spread it?" Yurin asked after being silent for a few seconds. Yongguk tsked under his breath."Seriously, you're asking too much, Yurin."

Yongguk turns away and look at the silent girl. "She has been following me since a few months ago" Their eyes meets to each other which make the girl break into sweat immediately. His stare is not joke!

"Follow you? why" She confusingly asked while glance at the stiff girl in front of her.

"You ask me why? I think only her have a reason now." He said "She thought I haven't noticed that" He adds, muttering before looking away, placing both of his hands inside the pocket.

Yurin frowns then come closer to the girl before her hand reaches to touch the girl's shoulder. "Hey is that true?" She just noticed she actually has same uniform as her. So ,Yurin bets she is from their school too.

She suddenly pushes off yurin's hand from her "Don't touch me!" and give her a hard look which surprising Yurin completely.

Yurin's lips a part a bit and the girl ignores the startled girl before brave herself stepping forward over Yongguk, closing the gap between them. She looks up, make an eyes contact with the cold male in front of her.

"Yes, I'm the one follow you. I'm the one always glance over you wherever you're not looking and you're right, I know about your relatioship between you and your father and I'm the one spread them to the whole of the school but that's not the problem. you-!" She points her index finger to Yurin who are clueless now.

"I hate you! you're making me sick of you keeps lingering around him. I hate the fact you're closing with him, I hate The way you smile to him. I hate everything about you!!" She hollers, turning to yongguk again, breathing in and out.

"Listen here, you icy cold man. I like you and that's the reason I did all of this." She grips her fist when he shows her poker face instead. "I'm even changed myself as well and now you know about it, What are you going to do?" she adds.

"Forget me, you're wasting your time, girl" He response after being silent for quite long. his voice have no tone, making the girl feel useless for a second.

"If you really want me to forget you, then don't show me those eyes of you!" She speaks with raise voice then push the male's chest hardly.

"Stupid love!" She walks off afterward, leaving the alley.

There is silent for a few minutes, both Yongguk and Yurin just stay still without moving even an inch.

"Wow! She was brave, am I watching a love story?" She chirped, and the first one break the ice. The tense atmosphere become more strong when Yongguk heard the sound of chuckling beside him.

"For some reason, it's look sweet. Especially the fact she fell in love with someone like you" She adds, then grinning.

Yongguk grimace over her words as he squint his eyes on her in annoying. "You are watching too much drama, Yurin" He emotionless said, turning around and leave Yurin behind.

"Oh" Yurin quickly runs to him who is walking ahead before walking with same pace as his.

"Where is the crying baby I saw a while ago?" He sarcastically asked, just in case to annoy the girl. Yurin shuts for a moment, couldn't hide the fact she is embarrassed now in front of him.

"Was that the reason you won't accept my apology earlier? because you know it was not my fault, right?" She asked, looking at his way and at the moment, the male remain silent. Yurin knows she will never get an answer if he shut his mouth after hearing the question but she thinks she knows the answer anyway.

"It's okay" Yurin mutters. "Here, your ice cream. it's getting melt now, I'm sorry"

Yongguk glances at the plastic bag she is holding up to him but didn't take them. 

"You eat it" He suddenly said. Yurin gawks. "What? why? you said you want it." The wrinkle appeared on her eyebrows.

He takes a deep breath, "I think you forgot something, Mee Yurin" He breathe out,

"I don't eat ice cream"