Complicated

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 13


The sound of footsteps could be heard, when yurin's feet hit the staircase in her house one by one. She just finished herself in school uniform with neat and beautiful along the smell of her favourite perfume glued on her body. She hops down carefully the stairs before going to the kitchen to be greeted by her mother and maid there, which preparing the breakfast for their family in this early morning.

"Morning Yurin-ah" The Ahjuma is the first one to greet her with a old bright smile. Yurin smiles and greeted her back with the same word.

"Sit Yurin" Her mother ordered while bringing a jug of milk to their dining table. Yurin didn't say anything instead did as her mother told.

Mrs Mee takes one of the glasses on the table before pouring the milk down in it. She shoves the glass toward her daughter along the plate of slide sandwiches. Yurin's hand automatically brought to the meal then having a first bite. 

"Thanks mom" She murmurs. Mrs Mee just smiles at her daughter's words. It's full of manners and she prouds of it but her smile didn't stay long on her lips though when she noticed something on her daughter.

"Yurin, where is your necklace that I gave you?"

"Huh?" Yurin looks up at her mother, confusing. "Necklace?" her hands quickly fumble her bare neck.

Empty.

It takes for a moment. "Aaa, I didn't wear them" She said. Her mother frowns "Why?"

"Hmmm" She is thinking for a second. "It's not like I don't want to wear it, but I think I forgot to put them on back after showered" She grins.

Mrs Mee ponders on her words before nodding. "Ok, if that so" She goes back with her work on the kitchen, leaving Yurin alone in the dining table. Yurin promptly shoves back the sandwich in with such a hurry.

Her father went down too and heading to their direction but Yurin quickly gets up "I'm done!" she announced.

"Already?" Her fathers glanced at Yurin in wide eyes. 

"Yup" She responses, taking the dirty dishes to the sink and wash it. Mr Mee pulls out the chair out before setting himself down, his eyes didn't left from his daughter too.

"I want to take my bag in my room" Yurin says again, turning around and smile when her eyes meet the father's. He was about to open his mouth but Yurin scampers off the kitchen immediately, completely cuts him off. He shuts tight his mouth into line.

"What's wrong with your daughter?" He asked when Mrs Mee approached him with a cup of coffee in her hand. "Don't know" She simply answered with a little shrugged.

....

The door violently burst open by Yurin and she quickly attacks her bed without waiting any second. She pulls the blanket away before flicking the pillows around.

"I'm dead, I'm dead" She exclaims alone. Her eyes scan around as her sweat appeared on her forehead and body. 

She has lost something precious!

It's her necklace.

She had lied to her mom a minute ago.

She jumps off her bed then try to find under her bed this time. She bends down and reached out her hand, fumbling it. but nothing in there instead the dust she got. She quietly grunts.

"Where is it?" She sits on the cold floor in fluster and looking around.

"Or in the bathroom?" She questioned herself stupidly but still push herself up then heading to the bathroom. 

"Yurin, why took you so long? You are going to be late to go to the school, honey!" However, her mother's voice interrupted her before her feet could ever touch the wet floor inside of the bathroom.

"I'm coming!" She sighs in disappointed, going back to her room and get her bag on the study table while her eyes capable to wander the room once again only if the thing seen in there.

...

Yurin flicks the paperclip in her fingers while watching them intently. The classroom fills up with the voice of her classmate and never bother her at all. The teacher seem didn't make any presence yet or probably won't make any in their class for today. 

For a second, she turned pink all of the sudden due to the picture of him putting this paperclip in her hair a week ago, where she was in his house. The scene seems fresh in her mind to the point she couldn't take them out of her head.

bukk!

Yurin jumps a bit when the sound smacked her eardrums clearly. She quickly shoves the thing in her pocket skirt then looking up at Yongguk who is staring down at her already with those dark orbs eyes. He raises his eyebrows while her eyes gaze to the papers he just threw a while ago.

"What is this?" She calmly asked and her hand promptly takes them. She peeks quietly.

It was the drawings of their project. All are done and of course it was perfect, just like the person.

"Wow, You are fast, in fact we still have two months before the date of submit to the teacher." She said, inspecting them one by one in her hand.

"Two months for you. I've made mine, now your turn" He demands seriously. Yurin stops as gazing at him again before grinned.

"Don't worry, I will try to complete the essay in just one month" She brags. Yongguk scoffs secretly before walking up to his seat at the back. Yurin smiles before putting inside her bag carefully. Then she spins her head behind surprisingly "Oh see you later at the break time" She playfully winks over the boy.

...

By any chance, Yurin is not the type to eat in the canteen whenever the break comes but since the project between her and Yongguk are working together. Yurin seems more spend time with the boy instead, even the boy keeps refused her presence around. They're even having a meal together in the canteen almost everyday and it's not like Yongguk opens up his heart already but the fact is Yurin seems hard to let the boy go, making him didn't give a anymore. 

He thought with making the drawings faster, would never dragging him into the project any longer, but apparently he was wrong. Yurin as if test his patience every days and these past one month totally driving him insane.

She was pestering him a lot, disturbing his life completely.

"Finally!" Yurin silently shrieks after the last paper has been printed out from the printer. She straighten her body back as throws her hands up at the air, stretching her sore body a bit before all the papers she gathers together. She takes out her Pendrive then ready to go out from the computer room of their school.

With wide smile on her face, she heads to the block of where her class placed. Deep down, she can't help herself but feel excited for it as she can't wait to inform this good new to Yongguk, and now, they just need to prepare the slides for presentation.

It's going to be perfect! She thought.

"Assa! I told you I can make it in one month!" She monologued​ by herself. The students around her completely being ignored. The files she keeps tight in her arm, hugging hard on her chest. if she could, she wanted to jump up and down or make a random dance for these 'short' celebrate. Like seriously, who are not happy plus, they still left one month to go and they already free of the burden.

She happily climbs the staircase of the block once she arrived when a familiar figure steps down the stair in front of her. What a coincidence​? Her feet automatically stops and looks up "Yongguk-ah!" She called.

But smash back her lips together upon noticing the gloomy look with a slight annoyed on his face. His face seems dark just like the first time she met him before. She also noticed his bag has being hanging on his left shoulder as if ready to go to home but they still have around four hours before the period of the school finish.

Yongguk heard her voice and notice her presence but his face seems didn't happy at all, his feet keep stepping down until reach to Yurin's spot. His shoulder almost touches with Yurin's and he didn't even bother to look nor turn his head at her before hearing him mutter something in her ears.

"Trust you, huh?" His voice drops dangerously low, which shivering Yurin a bit for the first time.

The wrinkle appeared right away in between her eyebrow in puzzled, completely don't have any idea. She turns her head around to him "What do-"

"I'm so stupid for trusting you, Mee Yurin" He breathes out and before Yurin could asking him more, He skips pass her, going down.

"Bang Yongguk! What do you mean?!" Yurin turns and hollers, echoing her high pitch voice around, at bit gain the students's attention. her heart suddenly pumps uncontrollably inside her chest as if telling her something was off.​ 

And now it's not surprised anymore. He ignores her and keeps walking.

Yurin bites hard the bottom of her lip after his figure gone behind the wall. She didn't wait any longer as she hops up the stairs by two steps then run through the long corridor before reaching their class. Once she steps in, the question that keeps popping in her mind a minute ago has been answered eventually.

"Yah, look, woah, really unbelievable! He is actually a son of our principal!" All of her classmate are gathering together in a group while having their phone on their hands.

"Wait, he is not biological his son, but just his step son!"

"Really! woah! I thought they share the same blood"

"They're not, just look at their personalities. It's completely different!" The 'dumber' one answered, Then, all of them laughing their off over the random fact before going on with creating more slanders just like they did before. No wonder Yongguk hides it from those people.

Yurin grips the files in her hands and quickly run to her seat. She puts all of her stuffs in her bag before hanging her bag on her shoulders. She was ready to dash out from the classroom but stops for a while, walking to the group.

"So what, if the principal is his father?!"

She snatches one of the phone surprisingly before throwing at the white board in front of them.

Shattered.

All the girls automatically cover their mouth with their palms while the boys having their mouth hanging, speechless.

"What the hell is wrong with you girl?!" The owner of the phone yells in completely huff.

"Mind your own guys business, damn it" She gritted her teeth angrily before saunter through the back door. Her tears finally drains to her cheeks to the fact, she has lost Yongguk's trust. She really didn't expect this thing could happened in blink of an eyes. it's just very suddenly.

"Who did this? Who spread it?!!!" She asked herself, confusedly yet sad.

....

Tokk! tokk! tokk!

"Yongguk, open the door!" With all of her energy, she knocks on the door of someone's door. "We need to talk!"

She had been looking around the school but couldn't find him and last just brought her here instead. It's such a surprise she came here again and without any fear anymore.

She knocks again "Yongguk, Please. You need explanation from me!"

But unfortunately only dead silent greeted her, making her more frustrated and desperate. She tries to peek through his window for the sake if he was being inside.

"What do you think you are doing?" 

Yurin jumps in startled at the husky voice before spinning her body around. " Yongguk!"

She doesn't know why but seeing his face right now make her tears drop again. She is sad, mad, confused all the feelings mixed together that she doesn't know how to explain. 

She steps closer to him but he stops her "Don't move"

Yurin startled, trying search his expression but only blank and empty he is showing her. He even averts her gaze by looking the other way. Yurin clasps her lips together to prevent herself for crying hard.

"You see.." She starts, breathing out "I really didn't know about it. I'm not the one spread it. It's not my fault"

"Can't you trust me?" She asked, but only earning his silent. Quite long and making Yurin break into the sweat, she is so nervous yet helpless.

"Yongguk-"

"Leave" He simply mutters instead, starting to open the gate with his key.

"But-" Yurin begins to panic when he didn't take that seriously as she pulls his sleeve quickly. "But, it's really not my fault, Yongguk" She cries again.

"What should I do to make you believe me? I didn't do that, I seriously didn't. I even didn't know what is happening now? Why does things always being like this?" She squeezes her tears in frustration, letting them down more and more.

Yongguk's hand slowly pulls her hand away from his sleeve before turning to her "If you're really innocent, why are you crying now?"

Yurin speechless, didn't expect that. She almost faint. It's mean, He doesn't trust her. Obviously, The chance seems wrecked as well and there is no chance to fix it for real.

Yongguk gives her one last glance as pushes the door open before ditching himself inside, then shut the door close, leaving Yurin outside of his house by the door.

Her heart hurt, her heart is bleeding bad as having someone hate her in her life. 

She knocks the door again, throwing off the shame in her. "Yongguk, What you want me to do then? I don't want you to hate me" She sobs "Please Yongguk, if you want, I will apologize to you even it's not my fault. I will do anything for you as soon as you didn't hate me. it feels so wrong to feel like this to the point I don't want to have someone to hate me. Your hatred is killing me. Please forgive me, Yongguk. I beg you" Her voice slowly drown in her weep but still there is no response from the male.

For about five minutes, she stops knocking when her fists got red and swelled, turning around before sliding herself down beside the door, giving up. She buries her face on her knees, sobbing silently for quite a few minutes trying to calm herself before lifting them back. "If you know how much I endure myself to ask more about your family after I found out about your father, You must hate me more than now, Yongguk. I don't want to be like them who are busybodies with someone's life, then how could you still believe I told people about your secret?"

Her cheeks seem won't dry either when the tears didn't show up any sign to stop.

"Aish can't you stop?! That's not your fault!" For a moments she scolds herself because couldn't stop those tears.

"Why things being more complicated?" She wipes the tears away, before it's drop again and again.

"What are you babbling about?" A voice said from behind her. She startled as get up immediately and to be greeted by Yongguk who was changed already from his uniform school to his casual clothes. He was dressed in a black t- shirt with dark brown jeans and his hair seems wet a bit, probably after the showered he took.

"I told you to leave, didn't I?" He dangerously remarks, closing the door back as lock them without even look at her red face.

"I won't leave until you- Ah-" She has been cut off by him when he pulls her hand all of sudden then drag her away.

Yurin quickly struggle her hand from him, trying to free herself from his hard grip "I told you I-"

"Buy me ice cream, Yurin" He demands.

"Huh?"