Hey, Yongguk!

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 8


 

Yurin slows down her feet when the distance between Yongguk is getting far. They are apart that they didn't see each other anymore. Her small lips slowly pull into a wide smile and walking calmly through the long hall, making her way to their class.

She is too happy to the fact that she slowly gained his trust. She knows, Yongguk is not that hard to handle, and you must have a brilliant way to capture his attention at least. But she is not going to force him either and using in wrong way, such a take an advantage over him and so. 

Yurin reached the class and the noise from the classmates couldn't distract her either from smiling ear to ear. She makes her way to her seat before setting herself on the chair. 

About a few minutes, she notice the figure of Yongguk get into the class too with his serious face. He sauntered around then walk passed by Yurin's table.

Yurin lifts up her head "Feel better?"

Yongguk stops his feet right away and tilted his head over her, found her smile on her face.

"Really better. you want me to thank you or what?" He said, narrowing his eyes to her. Yurin grins instantly.

"Is that the 'better face' you are showing now?" She playfully asked, knowing that he was saying in sarcastic a while ago. Yongguk didn't say anything instead ignore her and walk up to his seat. He slowly slammed his on his chair before leaning his back over it. The boy who is in row with him, turning to look at Yongguk. Their tables just been separated by an empty table in the middle.

"What?" Yongguk spits out, pissed off. The boy flinched by his acidity in his voice and quickly throwing away his gaze. It's rare to hear him to speak or let out his voice. 

Seeing the boy turned away, he looks in front again, staring at the girl that driving his nuts lately before tsked in his seat. At last, he lets out his precious book then take the pencil in between his fingers, doing his work.

....

Yurin roams around the town, just in case to kill her time. After the school ended, She straightly took bus and come to this town by herself. Just wearing this school uniform, she brings herself whenever her feet goes. It's been a long time she didn't come here, and always alone without being accompanied by any friends.

Well, she doesn't mind either.

The street here quite busy, as busy as bees and she has to be careful whenever she wants to cross them. It's 4 in the evening and the place really full by the crowd. The park had been filled up by people around here and mostly the families. 

Yurin lifts up her head, staring up into the sky. The sky still blue, light blue. she loves it anyway. How much she wanted to tell the world to look up and appreciate the beautiful view but they are too busy with their short life. So sad to be honest.

Walking too long, making dry gradually. Her eyes focus in front again, and start to scan around her. She is looking for sort place like a cafe or coffee shop that she can stop by. For about a few seconds, she spots a unique cafe not really far from here. why unique? because the shop quite simple and seems like no one interesting to get into the shop, because of gloomy looking. The decoration looks lame and old, there is no effort from the owner of this cafe either to upgrade it.

Her eyes glued hard into the cafe and arguing with herself whether to go or just buy the drink to the hawker around here but after thinking twice, she decided to just stop by to the cafe and since her feet already show the sign of tiredness. 

"Ah, I should not keeps walking earlier." The small complain left while her feet dragging her to the cafe way. She pushed the door open and completely surprised to see inside it. It's opposite with what she looked outside the cafe a minute ago. The inside seems nice and cozy to be true. She thinks it's just the concept of the cafe. You know, don't judge the book by the cover.

Yurin feels shame for herself.

However, she can't help herself from smiling. she really didn't regret come to this place. The workers either seem nice when they greet her in manner. she lowers her head, making a small bow before walking up to the counter.

Her eyes quickly looking for the menu, and decided to just order the americano. Well, She came here for a drink after all and didn't have intention to eat anything. Although, the girl who is taking care of the counter, suggesting her some snacks, she just give a simple shake head, refused. Then, after taking the drink in her hand. She turns around, then move aside a bit, giving a room for the person behind her to make an order this time.

Her eyes looking for a empty seat and since this cafe quite uninterested, there is a lot of tables that she can sit.

"Oh" She can't believe with what she saw now. "What a coincidence"

Yurin quickly makes her way to the table that placed very the corner, bringing her warm americano along.

Nice spot. she thought.

"Hi!" She said in bright tone, setting herself down casually. She seems pretty rude to just go and sit at the table already taken but that's never bother her at all since she knows what she does. She puts her drink at the surface of the table in front of her.

The male lifts up his head when her voice went inside his ears and noticed the chair in front of him is not empty any longer. He frowns in confused and half surprised.

Yurin smiles, amused "Surprise, huh?". 

Silent. Because it's true and hell he will admit it to her.

"Anyway, what are you doing?" Yurin asked this time when earning nothing from him instead a stare. The wrinkle between his eyebrows already vanished away either and only a sharp stare he is giving her right now.

Her eyes fall from his face as caught the books and a pen in his hand while his half coffee placed beside him. He seems has been here quite long.

"Can you just stop greet me wherever you saw me?" Yongguk started to speak, showing his casual face. His eyes set straight on her. It's has been a month he was stating that he trusts her but as a result she keeps pestering him with her 'good manner'. He is not sure, if she was trying to be friendly or else. Almost, everyday she will greets him, talking as if they both was great friends ever. especially in the school and mostly nope response come out from the male.

When she encountered him. She would be like;

"Oh, hey Yongguk!"

​"Hi Yongguk, How was your day?"

"Morning yongguk, did you sleep well?"

"Hi yongguk, You looked gloomy again!"

Etc.

Well, it's kinda irritating him for sure but he prefers keep silent and let her be.

Yurin didn't answer him instead turn her head to the side and her eyes goes through the big glass and observing outside the cafe. She scans around, before opening "The school is really far away from here. The best part is is no one know you, and mainly no students from our school. No wonder you choose this place" No judgment people for him too.

"I can see now" She adds with a nod, turning in front again, facing Yongguk who expressionless.

"Oh, let me guess. You are running away from those people, right?" those who are looking him in wrong way.

He gives her 'are you done talking, now?' look before rolling up his eyes. He starts to write again when the pen he is holding now, moving and having his head down.

Yurin presses her lips together and watch him silently. Seeing the book of the chemistry now, making her for sure that he is doing the homework that their teacher given them at school. 

She takes her coffee then sip them slowly. A crack smile appeared on her lips.

"The face he is showing totally opposite with what he is doing now. Seems laziest ever but did as had told" She mumbles after the liquid went down .

"If he showed his finish homework to the class, probably they will say he was bullying or forcing somebody to make his homework" She chirped alone.

"Can he makes a different expression at least?"

Yongguk gives her a quick glance through the corner of his eyes before muttering "I wish there is no one around me and no sound of the stupid person"

Quite loud to make sure the person in front of him hear it.

Yurin blinks her eyes at his words, placing back the drink in the table.

"Then, go to the jungle" She casually answered.

"Oh, That's a great idea of you, Yurin" He said, raising his head to her. "And now be quiet. I want to imagine how the feel of being in the jungle"

Yurin bites her lower lip for a second, "Okay"

Hearing that, The male breathes out instantly as if he was in relief. Then concentrate again on his homework. While he is writing down on the paper, his other hand lifts up the cup of coffee then slowly bring them to his lips, without taking his eyes off the books. He calmly sips them before placing down back the cup of coffee on the table. He flips to the another page.

"krik krik krik krik krik.."

Yongguk stops moving abruptly when the weird sound greeted his ears clearly. He quickly lifts up his head, looking at the girl in front of him. 

"What?" Yurin said nonchalantly "I'm just trying to make your imagine become real" She grins.

Yongguk quickly tiny his eyes at the girl, swallowing his rage deep in his heart. His jaw moving a little bit.

"Or should I make sound of the wind?" She asked, starting to let out a rustle sound, ignore the male as well.

"Very smart, Yurin. You make me headache now" He mutters, his voice drop low, almost throw his head on the table.

"Thank you" She smiles proudly, then her hands pull out the books from her bag. She casually pushed his stuff aside a bit since the space of the table quite small. Yongguk on the other hand, watch her with emotionless. She sure didn't afraid of him.

Yurin takes her pen in between her fingers before begin to open again "I was just kidding, okay. Why so serious?" the pen running down to the paper for a few seconds then she stops as look up at the guy "Don't you want to feel joy in your life?"

The male keeps quiet. It's not because of Yurin's words but there is something, when his eyes not any longer on her bare face instead at the girl that just coming in to the cafe. The girl has a very long black hair, wearing a simple yellow dress. Yurin noticed as she immediately turns over her shoulder to follow his gaze. She starts to frowns and her eyes trying to search the girl's face due to her back facing Yurin's sight but she totally can't see it. She turns again to Yongguk.

"Why? are you interesting in her?" She calmly asked, 

He didn't answer. His eyes also didn't stay on the girl anymore. But all of a sudden, he started to take his school bag before his hands quickly shove back all his stuffs in it. A bit of hurry. After done, he gets up from the chair, hanging the bag over his shoulders and without looking at the confused girl in front of him, his feet begin to walk away, leaving Yurin alone.

Yurin wide her eyes in disbelieve. Then her hands quickly packs her books back "Yongguk, Wait!"


 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Sorry for the bad chapter.. but I made this chapter a bit long.. so, you're welcome, no need to thank me.. huhu

Bye!