A nonsense promise

Curious or Care

CHAPTER 5 

 


 

At the long corridor, a male student rush over her direction. Yurin seems to notice the way he runs with a bit frenzy and she lifts up her head, taking off her eyes from her shoes and the floor beneath her. Her space gradually become slow and slow, a bit shock. The male is almost near her, running opposite her. Yurin doesn't know what to do and finally the guy passed by her shoulder as fast as lighting.

"What the...." She frozen her feet and turn around to look at the guy with frown over her face. His figure disappeared between the junction that lead you to the staircase.

She turns forward again and take a quick glance at the white watch on her wrist, checking the time. 7.30 Am and it's too damn early to go to the class right now. so what's wrong with him running like that? she thought.

"He almost ran into me" She slowly mumbles, shaking her head at the 'polite' attitude in one of the students here. This school seem have to improve more about disciplines and all of the teachers have to be more assertive over the students over here.​ That's what always playing in Yurin's head when she sees things like that happened in front of her.

She starts to walk again through the hall, on the way to her class. A few of students walk passed by her, didn't even make her bother to care at all instead walk with her head down, observing the way her feet move step per step over the clean floor. She sure, not a coward person but she seems more comfortable walking like this, maybe because she likes it that way. but people said, we have walk with chin up and show to all people that we're not weak, so people wouldn't dare to step on us especially looking down on our ability as a human. However, to Yurin, it's just the same. The way we walk is not the point to anyone to judge us easily and we just have to show them what we have in life and what had we proved to survive all this while.

After counting every steps she took, finally she reached her classroom and seem as if the room a bit quiet when only some of students inside, probably the other didn't make presence yet at the moment. Yurin walks in and go straight to her seat. She caught a familiar human already sit on his seat, focusing on something-,no, he seems writing something on the small notebook like always.

like always? yeah like always, because Yurin always notice the black and slight red book glued in his hand. He will bring them everywhere he goes where completely getting her into curiosity. The scene where she saw him that day at the book shop, starting to flashback into her head again. She remembered, she didn't get inside the shop and surprise him with his little secret that she knew but let him be in his own world as she walked home instead.

The pencil he is holding slowly stop moving and suddenly he raise up his head. Yongguk seems to notice that someone is staring at him at the moment. Why not, when Yurin stares at him as if he was murdering someone in front of her eyes.

His eyes.

Yurin comes back to her sense when she realized his eyes on her already with frown across his eyebrows. His face still serious with no smile on it but the way he stares, showing that he really don't like it what she is doing now.

Though, they didn't talk to each other but Yurin as if know with everything he shows, so yeah, she knows he doesn't like it but she rather to pretend that she doesn't know as she gives him a smile. A friendly smile, or maybe a teasing smile which Yongguk gives her a look like 'She's creepy'.

At last he drops his eyes away from her before focus back on his 'homework'.

Yurin silently giggle by herself, feeling amused a bit. She drags out the chair from the table before slamming her on her seat. She glances beside her and saw a group of girls again, talking and ramble. 

"Useless" she mutters then bring out her book for the first lesson period.

...

Break time come, Yurin didn't eat instead let her stomach empty by not taking any lunch. It's not like she's poor or something but she prefer to not eat anything in school because she can have some meals at her house anyway. Actually, she hates to go to the canteen by herself because too crowd to her to being there. That's why she rather starving herself until the period of school end and she already used to it.

Instead of library, today she feel like going to the rooftop at the first time. Throughout she was school here, she never bother to get into the place yet because she always busying herself with study and the first place she constantly go is to the library. whether the school library or the public library around her house. 

Since she is growing up more and more, she conscious that the age of her now, can't just waste the time to something needles. she have to wise within using the time.

The big iron door of the rooftop slightly open, she just reached the top of the staircase and she can feel the wind running out through the space of the slight door and straightly slap her milky skin. She shiver a bit and at the same time giving her a warm feeling in the first time.

She slowly pushes the thick door and the magnificent view greet her eyes. In her heart, she is feeling grateful to have intention to come here. she immediately steps out.

"What a nice view- oh"

She stops herself when she notices she is actually not alone over there. She secretly make a small sigh and contemplating​ to turn back and get to the class instead but his voice knock over her eardrums. She know the voice. Well, whoever in the school hear his voice will know who is he exactly because his voice practically one in a thousand​. 

"I told you, I don't want to stay here. It's been two years I stuck over here" Yongguk's voice boom around the air. Yurin swallows her saliva after hearing his outburst. She takes one more step to see who is he talking with but there's nope of people but him only. Then, she caught glimpse of his phone glued by his right ear.

So, he's on his phone. she thought while staring at Yongguk, who is having his back in Yurin's sight. He is in position bend down a little while supporting his elbows on the railing in front of him. His eyes stare at the view school from the top with so many feeling that he is trying to hide it.

Yougguk keeps quiet for a while and let the person on the other line to speak.

"I know, but I can't, I can't get along with him. how many time should I mention to you?" He secretly makes a sigh then he become silent again afterward. The insane wind that make his black hair tousled completely, didn't even make he care even one bit.

"Don't start it" He suddenly grimace, muttering with growl. The grip on his phone become tight and Yurin can see his knuckle slowly turning white, showing his veins clearly. However only silent he choose right now. seem like, his outrage still in his control and he tries not to burst through the words at the person.

"It's not like-" It seems like the person don't want to listen to him at all. He takes a deep breath before exhale roughly through his nose.

"Thank you, mom. thank you for making me feel so bad" He sarcastically mutters under his hard breath before end the line after the last word his said.

He shoves his phone inside his pocket then run his fingers through his hair, making them mess even more after the wind. He shoves his hand again inside the other pocket and trying to find something. For a second, he lets out a packet of cigarettes​. He takes out one of cigarettes and tap for a few time at the small packet in his hand before bringing them near his lips.

"I think I should have been here always starting from now on. The view really stunning me.. really"

Yongguk, who is about to light up his cigarette stop his movement, when the voice greet his ears. He quickly turns his head to the side and saw Yurin already stands beside him, but her eyes admire the atmosphere in front of her without looking at Yongguk. Yongguk frown, while his eyes stare at the side of her face.

"What do you think?" Yurin finally turns her head to the side, bravely reciprocate his stare with a small smile. Yurin knows, he never impressed with her presence​ at all. 

What a cold man.

Yongguk rolls his eyes up, running his gaze away. He once again trying to light up the 'thing' but Yurin quickly pulls out the 'thing' that stuck between his lips all of sudden.

Yongguk opens his mouth to curse but press his lips together again, prevent himself. His body tense, obviously showing that he's mad at her acting a while ago.

"Smoking is not allowed here.​"

He didn't say anything instead stare sharply over her.

"Wow, you really don't want to talk with me, don't tell me you have make a promise to yourself that you won't talk to anyone. you're not, right?"

Silent.

"Ok fine, I'm sorry" She gives up, turning to the nice view in front of her again. Yongguk still remain silent by her side and didn't bother to move even an inch on his spot including his eyes, which still glued on Yurin. Yurin twist the cigarette in her fingers then make a sigh.

"You know, staring is rude. you have done that since we met that day" She speaks again, feeling a bit uncomfortable by his action. but to her disappointed​, nope of her words get inside his head and he even like to shut his mouth instead.

"Anyway, are you not tired being cold like this?" She suddenly asks, her eyebrows start to frown at her own question as if she was not sure that she really dare ask him like that.

Yurin finally turns again, and seem like he didn't take off his stare yet to her. What is he thinking?

"Yongguk, I don't know you. but I really mean it when I said I want to become your friend, even I myself-"

Bam!

The loud noise completely interrupted her to talk any further. Both Yurin and Yongguk look at the noise come from but there's nope of the sign that someone was there. Probably one of the boxes over there fell down by the crazy wind. the lame boxes that the school put it in there. She pulls her attention back to Yongguk and want to continue what was she wanted to say a while ago, however, Yongguk seems has back from his sense and all his trances earlier gone somewhere. He grunts under his breath and realized he's been stupid a minute ago. 

Yongguk angrily glances at her before roughly snatching the cigarette back from her hand. Afterward, he gives her "I don't care" look then turn around, approaching the door.

He casually walks away from her. Yurin bites her bottom lip before she decided to open again, yelling over him.

"I don't care too because I going to make you talk with me, are you listening me?! That's my promise!!" and I don't know why am I doing this..! The last part she only said in her heart.

 

 

 

 


 

BAP GOING TO MAKE A COMEBACK THIS NOVEMBER!!